Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 02:42 PM   #31  

Good Afternoon ya floozies, lol. Hope everyone is loosing. I plan on starting real soon & being a loser.

I went to the doctor yesterday & she uped my Wellbutrin XL to 300mg 2 times a day. I was on it to quit smoking (I didn't see a difference with taking it). I took 100mg 1 time a day. Anyways, she said it would help with my dieting & being hungry. So I took it this morning & it feels like I took speed. Geesh & I have to take this again tonite??? I'm having trouble sleeping as it is.

I take Depo-Provera b/c of my cycles being heavy & it stops them. It may stop the cycles but it ups the appetite. So she thought the Wellbutrin would counteract the Depo.

How is everyone??? I feel like I'm mainly talking to myself lol.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #32  

Kate congratulations on the 6 pounds lost. wow that is really great. Keep on losing.

Wanda I know what you mean it sounds like we are talking to ourselves. I try to do ww's point system. I think that is Shelley is also doing ww's. Is it about another week before you are starting a diet? Which one are you going to do? I am a little concerned about the affects of the drug that you are on. Are you sure that you should take it if you feel that way?

Des is moving back home at the end of the month. I am in the process of going through all of her stuff, sorting it and tossing some. What a job. She hords everything and there for her room is a mess and very unorganized. Total opposite of me. She said that she would appreciate some help getting organized and that she would like to try to keep it that way. No way that it is going to happen unless some of the stuff goes. Anyways that is what I have been up to.
As for how I am feeling....no change in the back. Still very sore and I am trying to cope with it. I am so discouraged that sometimes I wake up from my sleep crying about it. I cry enough when I am awake that I don't need to shed any more tears when I am sleeping.
Other than that it has been warmer than normal here which helps cheer me up. I try to sit outside as much as I can.

HOW ARE YOU DOING????? That is a question, any answers?

Where is everyone? Can you stop for a few minutes and post? We are lonely over here and miss you all.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:06 PM   #33  

I'm here!! I have been pretty silent the last few days. I'm not sure why. I also think I'm starting to have a flare of my UC. It might be because everything is starting to settle--my parents finally finding a place and living near me, Mike starting his new job Monday as construction assistant superintendant, etc.,etc.

I was helping my parents all day today--I took the day off from work. I was unloading all the boxes and putting stuff away. There is still so much to do, and I have to leave town on Friday, and won't even be able to go by there tomorrow because Becky is being inducted into Rokappa, whatever that is. Both of my parents are so tired. I am so worried about them doing all this stuff. My brother was here Monday to help them move out of the house and he and my SIL are coming back into town Friday to help some more. He wants them to buy some ceiling fans so he can install them. Get this--my brother has the movers put the big screen tv smack in the middle of a wall where a huge mirror is. It looks awful there. I am hoping that it gets moved to the other side of the room this weekend when he comes back.

Sherry and Debbie-I'm wondering if your District is having big cuts like ours is. We are having to surplus some of our aides and cutting days for our special area teachers.

Wanda-I am so sorry that you are talking to yourself when you have just come back here. We have all been busy and hopefully will start talking daily soon! I have been doing WW Core for quite awhile now, and really like it. I am exclusively online. I actually still count my points, but don't sweat if I go over, as long as I am just eating the Core foods. Also, I am still running quite a bit--trying to do 30 miles per week, although I won't make it this week because I haven't had much time to run.

Dee-Is Dez home for good? I'm sure you will enjoy having her back. Just be sure that she knows the ground rules about living at home. She sounds as though she has grown more mature since going to college, so hopefully you will all get along wonderfully.

I'd better go, it's getting past my bedtime and AI is coming on soon. Gotta see our Ft Myers girl Vonzelle!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #34  
Janice

Hi Floozies,
I check the posts everyday, just not too much to say I guess. I am doing WW just counting points. It works for me because you don't have to eat only certain things. I am trying to exercise too but I am not very consistant with that. I have lost 11 pounds in the last few weeks, I just need to stay motivated. Congratulations Kate. Wanda it sounds like you are having a rough time of it lately.
Dee, hang in there, don't overdo the cleaning and make your back worse.
I wonder where everyone else is?
Janice
Old 04-15-2005, 05:39 AM   #35  

I had a change of plans. Mike told Becky that he thinks I should stay in town and help Grandma and Grandpa, so she agreed. Whew! I just couldn't make the choice between my aging parents and my daughter.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #36  

Shelley what were you doing up so early this morning? I am happy to hear that your parents have decided to move close to you. See all things to work out. Men just don't understand as much when it comes to decorating. I hope that the movers will move the tv again. Remeber that when you move the tv (if it is projection) it has to be realigned. I am sure that the move is tough on your parents. Make sure that they restr up when ever they get the chance. It was nice of mike to step in and tell Becky that you had to help your parents.
Before Dez moves back home we are going to go over the rules and makes sure she agrees to them. I am not sure if she will take one more term out in the country. I think that she will go to university here in the city.

Janice that is great eleven pounds. I find counting points works for me too. Your right about eatting what you want. My down fall is sweets. I would have a hard time with out them. I have been doing a few hours each day cleanning Dez's stuff. It isn't to bad because it is outside on the deck and I am not bending over. I will be happy though when it is done. Larry just changed her closet into shelves where we can put huge buckets for her clothes. Hopefully this will help her keep things a little cleanner. Honestly she is the messiest person I know. I have seen other kids rooms and they don't even compare. I am totally the oppossit. I am a neat freak. Lots of conflicts between us. I let her do what she wants in her room but not the rest of the house.

Wanda how are you doing? Has the meds helped with dieting & being hungry. Are you sleeping ok now? We sure are having a nice spring. I think that your weather is about like ours. Enjoy the sun.

Sherry where are you? You need to come back here and help us out. We need you. You are most wonderful moderater. We miss you. Please come and post. We are on page three.........

Gayle how is your mom? Are you managing ok with the help that she is getting? I hope that you aren't exhausted. Let us know how you are doing.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:39 PM   #37  

Dee-I totally disagree with you. My daughter Patty has to have the messiest room ever! The bucket thing sounds like a really good idea. Hers are all over the floor in her room. She does put the dirty ones in a hamper and dumps it out for me once a week. I don't even know where she find room to sleep because there are clothes and empty bags all over her bed too! I refuse to clean it.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:02 PM   #38  
Losing it!

I'm here, just totally exhausted... mom's condition seems to change daily, she has good days and bad, just thought we were getting to the point I wouldn't need to stay at night, things change and she needs someone there. We ended up at the doctors office today, hopefully she will start feeling better soon. I am trying to get away for a few hours during the daytime. My brother said he may be able to come stay a day or two next week, really doesn't matter because I still need to be around to administer meds and get her to her doctors appointments. I'm sorry to sound like such a drag, but I was hoping by now we would be seeing some improvement.

You girls talk all you want but I have the PRINCESS of FILTH! Liz takes the award for sloppiness!!! She will never wear out the carpeting on her floor because of all the clothes scattered about. Although... she is an organized slob, she can usually find what she is looking for under a pile somewhere. Thank goodness we can shut her door!!! We do have rules though... NO FOOD allowed! I can just imagine the mess if she could have food in her room. I feel sorry for her future husband!!!!!
Old 04-17-2005, 06:09 AM   #39  

Gayle-I'm sure you are not only physically, but mentally exhausted. I know, because I dealing with my aging parents and the move, so I can just imagine if you throw in being very ill what it must be like. We went to Home Depot yesterday, and my Dad and Mom were leaning on the carts in order to walk. They are both so, so tired. My dad is using a cane at home, but didn't take it to the store with him. Yesterday, he just stood in the kitchen looking down for awhile so he could get his bearings, I guess. I hate this, watching them age. I am going over real early today to start putting some things in the glass cabinets. My mother has over 200 decorative plates. Most of them are Hibel. She also has over 100 dolls that she displays. Add in the Lladros (probably over 50 of them, ) and you can imagine what is involved in placing everything. My bro and SIL and I put the living room together, and it looks gorgeous. It is arranged like they had it in their old house, except the big screen TV is in there. The dining room looks beautiful also. My mom has all Japanese black furniture with the inlaid flowers and stuff. On the cream carpet, it is so luxurious looking. The coffee table is marble, on 2 massive antique white pedistals. I'll have to take some pictures to show you all when we get everything in the cabinets. In the entryway, we placed her large Japanese truck and will put her very large Hibel print above it. The guest room is the only one that is kind of a mish mosh. We had to put all the Lizzie High dolls and her large country like music boxes in there. I still haven't arranged them yet. My bro installed 5 ceiling fans with lights on them yesterday. We got a black one for the living room and matching white ones for the bedrooms and breakfast nook. It is going to look fantastic when it is done. Thank God for my brother. He knows how to do everything.

On another note, Becky's car came in 2nd place!! The team from another school in North Fl. normally comes in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but Becky's got 2nd and ruined their goal of slaughtering everyone again. The lowly town of Ft Myers did awesome!! Actually they think it was fixed because they were ahead the whole time, then all of the sudden the guy announced that the other car won. I am so proud of her. They got a little trophy and $15.00 (big deal.)

Okay, I think I have talked enough. Gotta go get ready to scoot.
Love to all!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 04-17-2005 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:39 PM   #40  

Shelley thanks for letting us know how Becky did. That is so exciting. Tell her that I am so proud of her. Was she the only female driver?
Your parents place sounds eleganntly beautiful. I didn't realize that they had such exquisite taste. Your mom has some interesting collections. They are so lucky to have you, your brother and sister in law, to help them.
Be thankful that Patty uses her laundry hamper, I don't even think that Dez would be able to find hers under her 3 feet of clothes that are scattered all over her floors.

Gayle I am sorry to hear that your mom isn't doing to well. I know that it is very stressful watching a parent age and their health decline. My mom isn't that either. Bless your heart for being there for her. I know that your family misses you. Remember to take some time to rest too.
Dez has Liz beat I think too. She has had many unknown growths in her room. Yuck! When I run out of dishes I know where they can be found. Hopefully she has turned a new leaf. In the dorms she was somewhat cleanner and organized. Should we lay bets and see if it will continue or will she revert back to the Princess of Filth?
Sure was nice to see a post from you Gayle. I miss you.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:05 AM   #41  

STOP!!!!!

Please Go To #33....................A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!
Closed Thread