Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 04:38 PM   #31  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Just a quick note to say hi. Sorry I had to leave chat so soon. An old friend of Fern's stopped in to bring me some momentos.

It's windy here, too! Katie got the newspaper a little while ago, dropped it, and the classifieds are down the road now, lol.

I'll try to be back later, but now that I found out Jimmy Smits is on The West Wing, I think I'm going to have to start watching it! Hubba hubba!!

Toodles,
Old 03-30-2005, 05:58 PM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies~

Just checking in for a sec. Lunch with DS was nice and relaxing. A little later than I was hoping but worked out fine because there was hardly anyone in the place. Was trying to take a nap and V called. He's working late but will come home for dinner.

Terri-Lee~took a look at your pictures and they are great! You guys are a nice looking family and Emma is adorable! Those pictures definitely need to be framed and put out for everyone to see! I was wondering if I read that right! 7.5 degrees! YIKES! (that seems to be my new word, guess it is better than some others! LOL) Did you make it to chat?

Katy~a few days ago when I was watching the news they said New Jersey had the lowest price for gas at $1.95, doesn't seem right to me. It seems the east & west coast is usually a little bit higher on things than here. When I left here for AR gas was at $2.15 and in AR it was $1.94-$1.99. Oh well...what can we do except buy it. I remember going through OR on my way to Seattle a few years ago and jumping out to pump my own gas. Some guy came running out of the station like I committed a crime-scared the crap out of me! LOL Forgot that they pump it for ya which is nice.

Jane~I've been checking the trash cans every few hours for fear of them toppling over like the neighbors and the garbage blowing down the street! LOL We get the wind a lot like that here but it is so far in between that I swear to V that the wind does not blow like that here! I just got your post card today. Want to hear something funny? It came with postage due! The size was apparently bigger than your normal postcard so it was more...anyway, thanks it is nice!

Okay, time to go watch the news ladies and see if I can catch a 15 minute nap. Hope everyone had and is having a wonderful day! See ya

Oh Marti~almost forgot...did get the pics scanned and on my 'puter now just need to get them on yahoo. Hate to post these few I have when there are more on the next roll of film. I am at 8 or 10 of a roll of 24. Also, I thought I had taken more photos. Oh well, when I get them on yahoo I will let ya know.

And Katiecats, thank you for the Easter card! That was sweet of you.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-30-2005 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #33  
kitty Momo

Good Evening.

Almost done with my water intake for the day! Seems to get easier and it does seem to help as a natural way to curb the appetite - anyway, that is what I have read and it does seem to be the truth - blah -blah........don't know what I am trying to say - lol.

Where is ELLEN!!?!!?!

I checked out your pic's Terri - you remind me of Angie. Emma is a doll.....

Received the postcard Jane! Also the Easter card from Katie - thanks!

Appreciate what you wrote Katie - about long distant relationships. He is a very sweet man. I just can't see myself with anyone else......even if it takes a while- we are having fun and I like the trips to Hawaii in the meantime. Ahhh, the things I do for love. lol

Mike wrote a sweet email. Says he prays for me and sent some CS - knows it is late and hopes it helps.......will duh - of course it will help.lol........was he thinking it wouldn't??? Is that why he has never sent anything?? Thinks I have everything under control??? jk........humor and all.

I guess that is it. Very tired tonight........................zzzzzzzzzz

Chat later
Old 03-30-2005, 09:33 PM   #34  
One day at a time

Why is there never anything on Wednesday night?! Oh well, guess it is a good time to catch up on some reading. I am dying to finish the book I have been reading.

Angie~hope things are well with you and yours. Haven't seen you around in a while lady. Of course I know how busy you get with the theatre and running the kiddos around.

Ellen~hope things are fine with you. Miss you when you don't post,a nd miss all those purdy pictures! Anyway, hope you are feeling better.

Pam~where are you lady? We haven't seen you around for a while either. Hope all is fine with you too!

Susan~don't ya just want to slap Mike on the forehead?! Ummm, duh get a clue. Doesn't even matter though if you needed the child support or not, the point is he is supposed to be paying regardless! It is true what they say about the water-wish I could get down as much as you do. I am lucky to get the 4-16.9 oz bottles a day. Just have a hard time drinking something with no flavor. Don't like lemon in drinks so that's out for adding flavor. I get in my moods though where I will drink a lot but still not used to it and never will be. It's those darn trips to the rest room that get me.

Well, not sure when I will post tomorrow so thought I would check in tonight to see if anyone has posted. DD and I are headed to the show tomorrow to see Ring II. Not really what I wanted to see but we take turns seeing what we want to see. I want to see Miss Congeniality II-maybe next week. Anyway, I'm outta here. Think I will go in my room and watch tv and read. See you ladies tomorrow sometime, have a good evening.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:36 PM   #35  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening gals! What a beautiful day here. I walked 3 and a half miles..yeah! I have walked over 2 miles for several days now. The food intake is slowly going down also....I might just shed a couple pounds.

Cristi, I was picturing you chasing band-aids all over the wally world lot. That could pass for your exercise of the day. The wind started picking up here this evening and now there are tornado warnings west of us.

Jane, Are you in the warning area? Sure hope not. Just another thing I don't care for in the mid-west, tornado warnings..or worse yet the actual tornado. I got a postcard from you..thank you very much. Ditto what Cristi said about the postage.

Susan, I swear I don't know how you can drink all that water. I try, but just can't do it. Although I do drink several glasses of iced tea throughout the day, and it is de-caf unsweetened, so guess that is water. I just do not like water and have a hard time getting it down. By the way, my DD is dating a man long distance and they are hoping for the best. He has been to CA to see her once and is going again next week. She has not been to TX to visit him yet. She is gun-shy after dating a few dogs. She can't move from CA so he will have to re-locate if it gets serious.

Terri, I tried to go to chat and both times my computer froze up and I had to re-boot. That has never happened to me before. Hope you can figure it out and if I get mine in order we can chat next time.

Marti, Still raining? I am surprised you didn't get rain in SF...seems it is the rainy season, DD has been complaining about it. She is north of the "city" as they say.

Mindee, Sorry you have to wait for the pregnancy to be confirmed before you can get the Medi. Hope you are feeling okay. Good luck at your meeting. I will go look at your sites later.

RosieKate, Katiecat, Ellen, Pam..everyone else..hello and I hope you had a good Hump day.

I did laundry today and dusted the back part of the house. Totally cleaned the laundry room from top to bottom. That is 3 rooms down for the heavy cleaning so far. I am slow.
Tomorrow we go see another builder to have our house plans estimated. We will then have 3 options and can make an informed decision. The one condo unit came in more than we want to spend although we can go talk to that builder and see what can be cut. The other condo has not come back with a price. Don't know if that is good or bad. We are ready to do something, so hope the prices are within our range. We went through the house today and talked about what we would sell and what we would take to the new home. We plan to have an auction and get rid of most everything. Start fresh in the new home. (except for my antiques and the things DH built)

Sorry I missed chat. Anyone have their computer freeze up when they try to go to the chat room?

Good night ladies!

edited to correct my grammer...

Last edited by suetalks; 03-30-2005 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:31 AM   #36  

Height: 5'1"

Ok Ladies.....something is going on with my computer...it's TOO slow and it's causing me to get impatient.
Not sure what it is but it's taking me forever to just type all this and then get to the next line w/out it stopping to take a break!!!

So....I will try again tomorrow! Hopefully it just needs it's beauty sleep!

G'night.....or Good Morning! (it's 4:30am here)
Old 03-31-2005, 08:56 AM   #37  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Morning!!!

Well, I never could get into chat... i tried disabling pop-ups and that didnt seem to work I dont know what else to do

Cristi: 7.5 degrees was warm!!!!!I am talking celcius here just a minute i will go check what that is in fahrenheit. OK, i believe that is 45.5 degree F. Is that cold? Thank you for the complimentss!!!!

Suetalks: Ya i dont know how to get into chat i was sooooooooo frustrated!!I will have to ask someone around here that knows anything about computers how to do it

Marti: Hope your computer is working better today!!

Susan: Thank you.. I havent seen Angie.. will have to find out now lol....emma may look like a doll but she is a little

Jane: I will try to get the chat working for next week!!

Hello to everyone else!! I have to go get the baby out of the kitty litter!!!

TTFN xxoo
Old 03-31-2005, 11:25 AM   #38  
One day at a time

Smile

Good Morning Ladies~

Not sure why I thought I wouldn't be able to post this morning. Of course I wasn't sure of the movie time...don't have to get in the shower till 11 so I am good for time. I should see if something else is on and DD can see the Ring 2! I'm not scared, just really didn't want to see it. The first one I wanted till it came on HBO, didn't want to pay to see it. Anyway, it's time spent with DD and that's all that matters.

Terri-Lee~okay, gotta ask, would you prefer being called Terri-Lee or just Terri? Okay, didn't even think about the 7.5 being C. 45 degrees F isn't so bad, but 7-YES! It was really nice here for a few days and has dropped back down to the 50's (F) but with the wind blowing it feels a little colder. You are welcome! Emma IS adorable and you got some GREAT pics! When the kids were that young I always had a loaded camera trying to get shots like you did with Emma, I think they are the best! Of course I still always have a loaded camera around! Of course now our baby is our puppy dog. Never saw anyone take as many pictures of a dog as we do! I do enjoy seeing pictures of the Jaded ladies little ones, Katy's little Leigh is adorable, as is Susan's little Gaby-they are so cute at that age.

Sue~I was trying to get those darn band-aids! Had to let them go though for fear of other stuff blowing away! Don't even know where they went, last I saw they were flying past the gardening dept! The gloves it looked like someone ran over them. Oh well, I did recover most of the stuff that went flying-bet it was a sight! Or should I say a fright! I told DD not to go out yesterday, as big as I am I was having a hard time walking in the wind and she would be blown away! WTG on the walking!! I've had to hit the old treadmill in the dungeon because of the wind here but just doing a mile and then will work up to more. The bad thing with the treadmill is you can get off anytime so I don't push myself like I should. Anyway, I hope you guys get a good estimate for the condo(s).

Marti~when I had MSN it would do that once in a while when I would come to 3FC. I would be typing away and then see maybe two words on the screen and then they would pop up slowly, delayed reaction sort of thing. Don't know that it was actually MSN, just seemed to happen when we had it. Finally canceled it when we got that virus a while back. Of course I wasn't pleased with AOL so tried going back to MSN and it totally messed things up again so we stuck with AOL. Not saying that it is MSN with you guys but that's what happened with us. Hope you get it fixed soon, miss you around here.

Hi to everyone else!

Need to get going, go check my e-mail and do a couple of things before jumping in the shower. I bought some frames yesterday finally. Had some pictures I need to add to my picture wall, was just waiting to get frames. One day that whole wall be covered! I decided to put all the pics on one big wall instead of having them spread all over the house, even though I have some in the hallway. Okay, I am outta here for now. Will let ya know how the movie is, supposed to be really scary, yeah right!

Take care and have a great day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-31-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:08 PM   #39  
kitty Momo

wooo hooo - only have a second to chat! Busy,busy with only one day left of the month. Have to make contact with all my residents whose rents are going up TODAY!

Terri - I meant to add that Angie is beautiful. So it is a good thing to look like her - lol.......We met 5 years ago and she was as sweet in person as she is on the board. It was right after my seperation from Doug and the girls were staying with him. We went over to his place and Angie spent the whole time combing Rebecca's tangled hair, so nice. Beck still remembers that.........

Ok- better get. The clock has been ticking and people taking away from my chit chat time!

moooooo ved the ticker though! yay.....
Old 03-31-2005, 05:25 PM   #40  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Im here, the not being able to post during the weekend through me off, and now Im insanely busy,,,hmm just insane.
Show night....everyone is looking so good, happy happy,,,,ready for a nap though...
I will post more soon,,,I hope.
gotta run
Old 03-31-2005, 05:31 PM   #41  
One day at a time

Smile

Hiya Susan WTG on mooooving the ticker again! Don't ya just hate having to give the tenants bad news?! Yikes! I would hate that. DS is a manager and we were talking yesterday... I told him I could never do his job. I would have a hard time firing someone. he on the other hand has no problem if it is warranted. I just can't be mean.

Where is everyone today? Awfully quiet around here.

Anyway...We thought we were going to be late for the show. Had to stop at Target first to get a couple of things and some baskets for the bottom of my sofa table (the one DS made for us). Found two the perfect size! So we got to the show at 12:50 when it was supposed to start-fortunately their closk was ten minutes slower than mine and it started about 2 minutes after we sat down-perfect timing! So...The Ring Two was good, if you like those kind of movies which we do. I have to say it was actually better than The Ring. I didn't think it was scary like they kept saying on tv but I did jump a little when that thing jumped up. It's those little surprises that you don't expect-but it was good.

Here are the photos I took while in AR if anyone wants to take a gander. Well, the first three are of my nephew (my parents actually adopted him when he was about 7 so he's my nephew and brother-only in AR! Just kidding) and his new wife, his son and step-son. They were married on Valentine's Day, how romantic. But were going to elope but her mother talked her into having a wedding. So they did in this beautiful church but only had the parents and their kids there-didn't want too big a fuss. Anyway, didn't take as many pics as I thought. Took several of the Clinton library but didn't want to post them all. Not sure those are so good, doesn't do it justice. And once everything blooms and turns green it will look nicer. From one point inside it looks like it is hanging over the AR river. Didn't get any inside because I don't have a digital camera and while you can takes pics inside, you can't have the flash on. They have guards walking around everywhere of course. Also, didn't take pics of the Art museum-looks like every other museum. The last one is of my SIL and nieces, well three of them. I have more nieces but didn't see everyone while there. We did get more pics on another roll of film of the school-daughter was trying to get a close-up of the details/design on the front of the school which is cool. And we/she took pics of the Sugarbaker house, and I'm not sure what else. Of course I am not sure what happens during the uploading process but someof the pics look a little blurry and I am not sure why because the actual pictures aren't. Anyway...if you want to look at them here's the link. I'll leave it open for a few days. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/givingthanks04/my_photos

May try to get back on later, not sure at this point. Of course tonight is my favorite show night with The O.C, CSI and Without A Trace being on. So won't make chat.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday! Mine is better since the sun finally came out! Take care ladies

EDITED:To say HI to Angie We have missed you lady. Hope you can post more soon, but then we know how busy you are lady.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-31-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:32 PM   #42  

Hello everyone!!

Computer is working fine now so now I can do a little chit chatting here!

Katie--Did you have a digital camera? You can always upload them onto Yahoo photos...it's free and easy. Would love to see your Disneyland photos....and then we can all get GREEN w/envy!!

Teri--I took a peak at your photos, your so pretty! And your little one is adorable! Hmmm....wonder what you need to do to get into chat. I'm not sure. We'll find out though and next time you can chat. I believe there is a chat on for tonight isn't there? I work so I won't be around. I let you know what I find out about you getting into chatroom.

Cristi--Take your time w/the photos. There is no rush. I competely understand wanting to get all your photos ready before sharing. I have such a hard time scanning my photos......I'm not very good at figuring out how the scanner work! I mean, I've done a few, but I still have a hard time figuring out how to make them look good.

Sue--James & I were surprised we didn't get rained on either! So glad we chose that week to go. I had such a memorable time and I can't wait to go back. Not sure if we'll be able to next year or not....been thinking of buying a house this summer. Would like to move closer to Jhanai and to work.

Susan--Glad your mooooticker is moving in the direction you want it. I'm afraid to weigh myself so I haven't. I'm pretty sure that I've gained some back. And w/TOM being here right now......will avoid the scale a little bit longer!

Jane--Not a problem w/the Chat yesterday. I didn't get a chance to stay long myself. I felt bad leaving Katy all alone! Maybe next time.

Katy--Sorry I had to leave so quickly. Did have a nice chat w/you though.

Weather is improving today. Been enjoying sitting on my back patio. Feels so warm and cozy. Of coarse I'm underneath the awning so the sun hitting it might be what's so warm! The clouds are sneaking in......and I'm sure rain is close behind!

Ok gals...I'm going to browse a little and then get cleaned up and ready for work.

You all have a great day today....tomorrow is FRIDAY!!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:38 PM   #43  

Cristi & Angie!!

You both snuck up on me while I was writing.

Angie--Get some rest and when you have some free time...come and visit us.

Cristi--The first wedding photos is beautiful!! I love wedding photos done in black and white!

ok.....off I go again.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:46 PM   #44  
One day at a time

Okay, now I see Ms. Marti has snuck in on me, and when I just posted where is everyone. Hiya Marti I too love that picture-been meaning to get a roll of black and white film and try it out, just keep forgetting! I couldn't decide on what pictures to post and there are far from being exciting. we really didn't do anything photo worthy other than visit with family which is photo worthy to me. Our scanner is pretty easy. It is a copier, scanner, printer and fax in one-the real problem is trying to get the picture to stay straight when it is going through it! Anyway, have a good night at work!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:43 PM   #45  
GmaTo8

Just here for a sec...

Cristi - thanks for sharing the photos. They're nice, and I'm glad you had fun! Wish there was one of you in the bunch, though.

Katiecat - thanks for the Easter card. You'e a sweeti

So sorry to everyone that you had to pay extra postage on the postcard. Yikes! Hope it wasn't much...

Did I mention that I broke my camera the other day? So today I got a new one, a Canon PowerShot SD400, and I'll be experimenting with it. Lots of options... even takes pictures where you pick one color (like a red shirt, or something) and then the rest is in black and white, except the one color. The camera is only as big as a deck of cards.

Anyway... gotta run, be back and catch up tomorrow.
Closed Thread