Old 05-17-2005, 08:31 PM   #46  

hello ladies,

well I walked again today and its amazing how good i feel. I have noticed since I stopped the sugar I havent been ready to take a nap at noon. which is a really good thing, because the boss probably would not like that much.
I have been drinking lots of water and that is helping me not smoke so much an other plus. the way i figure it every little thing is a plus, ok this is what i ate today. now be honest on how bad you think this is.

total of 4 cups black coffee today. about 2 quarts water.

breakfast- 2 pieces wheat bread with reduced fat peanut butter.
Lunch- about 1/2 cup left over Speg give or take a little..
supper- 1 piece chicken no skin, 1 large baked potato with beef gravy and mixed veggies. is this at all balanced ... you would think at 36 I would be able to balance my meals... well thank you for letting me babble to you.

Jme- if you were doing it before you will be able to do it again just take it a day at a time and i certaintly hope you Medical problems will get worked out so you can enjoy what you do.

Michelle- real food gets me too. I never know how to portion control... I like food, snacks all of it. so maybe we can support each on not over doing it.
well have a great night...

carly
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:23 AM   #47  

Carly- you probably aren't getting enough calories there. I may have calculated incorrectly, but I don't think you were even at 1200. Fitday has a free online thing where you can check how many calories you are taking in. I downloaded the program (just because it seemed easier to use the PC version), but it might be worth checking out. I tend to worry so much about overeating that I end up not eating enough and then binging at the end of the day.

So are you a carb-aholic like me?
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:20 AM   #48  

Michelle,

I'm a food junky any kind...LOL.... well what is the appropriate amount of calories.. I am 5'5 roughly 138lbs give or take a pound or two. I feel like i am eating alot. because i use to not eat breakfast, sometimes not lunch.. now i am making it a point to eat and not just grab something. is that fitday a free download??? money is another issue I am working on.. man feels like I am turning my life upside down. Hopefully for the good.. I have a doctors appt on friday,.. they are going to do test hopefully to see where I stand in the healthy area if you know what I mean. how did you do yesterday did you exercise and eat healthy... I hope so.. I do think in time we will feel amazing and isn't that what we are looking for.. well I will chat with you later.. have to get ready for work, yuck....lol...
have a great day.
Carly
Old 05-19-2005, 09:24 AM   #49  

Carly, Fit Day does have a free online version, and they have something that calculates how many calories you should eat based on age, weight, and height.
Here's the website: http://www.fitday.com/

I know what you mean about not eating breakfast. Whenever I eat it, I feel like I'm having about 10x more food than normal, even if it's only about 100 calories. I guess it's a mental block.

I never did manage to work out yesterday. I've had a bunch of custom orders lately that I needed to get ready- not that I'm complaining It just doesn't leave lots of time for other things.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:09 PM   #50  

Hi Michelle,

well that fit day said for me to be at my goal weight by july I have to lose a 1.52 a week.. that seems very hard.. sorry to say...LOL... not sure how i am suppose to do that. how many calories do I have to burn... man.. this is going to be hard...probably people are thinking a pound and a half a week is nothing .. but when you not sure what to do.. its alot....

what do you do for a living???

today I didnt do good at all with my eating ... had wheat bread and peanut butter that seems to be the normal for these days.. not sure what to do for breakfast.. Help... for lunch i had a chicken sandwich ,.. canned chicken breast, mixed with mayo and onion on wheat bread.. and for supper i had chinese food... it was very yummy by the way even if it is bad...

I will never get to my goal weight this way.. help,.... I did drink about a quart of water today... and as always I had my 4 cups of black coffee. so i do believe that is all i stuck in my tummy today.. is that bad??? help really needed.. Thanks for listening to me vent... Carly
Old 05-19-2005, 08:43 PM   #51  

Hi everyone....stumbled upon this site today and after reading the posts in the forums...I think I have found the right site for me ...YAY !!.

I had the wake up call last week when I dug out my summer clothes and very few fit anymore. Thus prompted the inevitable stepping on the scales for the first time in over 5 months and saw that I had gained 40 pounds. I was already around 35 or so pounds over weight to start and when I saw the extra 40 (and I swear I don't know where it came from) ....I looked in the mirror for the first time in a long time....Really looked...and the person looking back was not the happy person I used to be.

I used to work in a job where I was on the go all the time and that changed to a desk job 5 months ago and on came the weight. Now it is time to get it those pounds off.

I have been excercising 30 - 40 min a day for the past 4 days....doing the Tae Bo & Boot Camp CRUNCH videos (they are intense....but amazingly fun...ok..the Boot Camp one is a killer if the truth be told..but I love it). I never ate a lot..but what I did eat was all the wrong things...so starting on the healthy foods now.

I look forward to joining this site and the support and encouragement I see posted on these forums is amazing.

Oh...btw.. it is pronounced Taz - e- ah (Taz like the tazmanian devil for short... )
Tazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:56 AM   #52  

welcome Tazia.. glad to have you here... now theres one more person I can bug for advice... LOL... how do you keep yourself motivated. that is a big issue with me....

Well have a great day...

Carly
Old 05-20-2005, 08:01 AM   #53  

Woot..got on the scales for the first time in 4 days and down 3 lbs. I know it will come off faster in the beginning than it will later on, but it is such a boost.

I am lucky, I have a great motivator...my boyfriend. He is living in Europe right now but everyday when I come home from work he is here and we talk on voice. I put the tape on and do it while he is listening and encouraging me.

I have to put the tape on within 15 minutes of coming home from work otherwise I found out I will find a thousand excuses not to do it later in the night. Plus it gives me an energy boost for the evening. I have no children, so that puts me at a little advantage of being able to do it when I come home from work. I know it would be much harder to fit it in otherwise.

The CRUNCH tapes I use are fun...they are intense in parts though and I have discouvered muscles in places I didn't think they existed. The first 2 days I was sore, sore, sore in some spots...but that is going away the more I do them. I have a series of 4 tapes that I am going to use in a rotation cycle so I don't get bored with the same thing over and over every day and I find that is helping.

My biggest downfall....pasta and Nacho Cheese Dorritos... But I have made a commitment to cutting back on those.

Ohh..and I like the last part of your name CarlyTAZ...
Tazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:28 AM   #54  

Carly- When you did the Fitday calculation, did it tell you give you the calculation of how many calories you need to cut back each day? If not, the PC version I have will do that and I can check it for you based on your height, age, and weight.

I think the best way to stay motivated is by finding an exercise you actually enjoy. It won't help with the eating, but it does help keep you moving (which at least for me, keeps me more conscious of what I am putting into my body as well).

I have a small jewelry business, and most of my orders end up being custom orders. If you want to see what I do all day (when not posting on here), the website is www.trinitylondon.com

Tazia - Welcome. I tried that Crunch Boot Camp once, but it about killed my knees. I should have expected it, but I always have to try different things to find what I'll stick with.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:35 PM   #55  

good evening ,

Michelle the Jewelry is very pretty.. I can see that would keep you busy.

well today wasnt a good day.. my gram is in the hospital something to do with they think she must have banged her head and she has bleeding on the brain.. you know when it rains it pours.. I know i came here for eating issues and fitness I hope you dont mind me venting. does any one know of a webbase place to go and just talk about all this. or is it ok to talk about it here. with just losing mom in March this just really hit hard I feel asthough i am losing my mind. I havent figure out how much one family can take. before something else happens. then on top of this my son came home from track and his track coached asked me to make him an appointment to have his skin checked because she is worried about him having skin cancer. I just feel like I am going crazy. i know life isnt suppose to be easy.. but really is it suppose to be this hard. I am sorry I now you are not a group for this .. please forgive me but you guys are the only place I have found that I can talk and i Get a response back. i am sorry.

anyways, I havent walked today was not in the walking mood.
my eating wasnt to bad.

I do certainly hope you all had a wonderful day.

Carly
Old 05-22-2005, 12:16 AM   #56  

Default getting back on

Computer problems have kept me from getting back onto this thread (and any others). Internet server has been doing some improvements and something happened where I could not get any internet service.

Michelle - You asked how I lost so much weight. I had tried all kinds of diets with some success but nothing like what I am doing now. After I found our about my diabetes I looked at all the weight loss programs and started doing my own. I cut out the bad carbs totally - no potatoes, bread (my weakness), rice, or pasta. I did Atkins for a couple of weeks and lost about 15 pounds. I discovered I couldn't keep that up. I needed to have fruit and veggies. I added back the veggies but I don't eat much fruit (and I know I should). I follow a 1200 calorie intake, portion control and lots of walking.

I started out only walking a couple of blocks at a time due to carrying so much weight and a curved spine. I would do a couple blocks for a week and then slowly increase that. I used to have to stop for short rest breaks because of the back pain. Eventually I was able to do a mile without stopping. Weight was coming off pretty good. A couple pounds each week. I still have trouble with the back and I also have osteoarthritis in my shoulders, spine, hips and knees. So I am a mess but I keep plugging away.

During the winter and any other bad weather (rain or it's too hot) I have a treadmill, exercise bike, cardio glider, ankle and wrist weights, stability ball, and a crunch roller. Hubby also built me a bench since I have trouble getting up or down from the floor.

So you can see I have all the needed equipment but I sometimes run out of motivation or life gets too stressful (more about that later).

The holidays did a number on me and I have been struggling ever since. Hubby is very supportive and walks with me most days. I also have two dogs that I take with me.

I have been gaining and losing the same ten pounds for quite a while now and I am trying to get back on track.

I am hoping that by joining you gals I can start again. This week has been pretty good and I have lost five of those ten. Now I just have to keep going.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and thanks for the welcome. Talk to you soon. Have a good weekend.
Marthey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:42 AM   #57  

Goodmorning everyone,

Well this weekend was a washout. I didnt really watch anything i ate or anything. this is what happens to me when I get upset I just let myself go.I know thats not what you are suppose to do, but that is what I have always done,. but today is a new day and I am going to start again. I just need motivation in the exercise area. didnt do any of that this weekend. but hopefully this week will be a good one. well I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I know you all did wonderful over the weekend.

have a great day.

Carly
Old 05-23-2005, 04:17 PM   #58  

Carly no matter how you did over the weekend today is a new day and you can start again. The same with the exercise. When you get upset try taking a walk to calm down. Whenn you are calmer you can get a better perpesctive on things and at the same time get in a little exercise. I know this is easier said than done. I tend to eat when I get upset also. You need a little time away from the situation and the walk should do it. And it will get you away from the food. Try it. It might work out for you.

I have done okay so far. The weekend wasn't bad for me. I was able to follow my plan. I did have some popcorn but that didn't throw me off too bad. I did stay away from all other junk food and the popcorn was low fat and low salt. It was okay but I could dream of the movie theatre butter kind.

Looking at getting an above ground pool. Mostly for theraputic purposes. I seem to be having more discomfort when I walk and thought the pool might be a better idea. Less pain in the joints. Will have to look more into this.

So fat today have only had 395 calories. No junk food so far and got in my walk and some gardening. Plan on a snack shortly but not sure what for dinner this evening. Might just end up having some fish, salad, and jell-o.

Have a good evening all.
Marthey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:11 PM   #59  
Jme

Well this weekend was not good. I did not exercise at all and the weather wasn't the excuse this time. I am never gonna reach any weight loss goals if I don't get with it. I need some motivational skills. I use to never have this problem and now look at me. It ready to be TOM so scared to get on any scales and my hubby has hidden the scales from me to break the morning habit. I just can't seem to get going these days. I look in the mirror and hate what I see. You would think that would be motivation enough. I just always seem to have something else that needs done first.

Anyway I hope you all had a great weekend and have a wonderful week. I'll keep in touch.
jmepudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:08 PM   #60  

Hey, everybody. I spent the weekend in Ohio with my parents, eating way too much and not doing enough, typical family visit

Carly- don't feel bad about venting here. The emotional stuff has a big impact on how we do with taking care of ourselves. Besides, this is a support group, right?

Marthey- you are my hero. I know if I was in your position, I'd end up using all of those reasons as an excuse not to do anything and to not feel guilty about it. I really don't think I could ever give up carbs, but I admire anyone who has the willpower to stick with that.

Jme- how about we take turns giving each other a kick? I think for every good day lately, I have 3 bad ones. I know I'm about due for TOM myself, and I swear there aren't enough chips and snacks in the world right now for me.