Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #1426  

Default New To The Forum

I ride a Harley and joined Medical Weight Loss Clinic in Michigan last week. Just finished 7-day cleanse and lost 6 pounds. Anyone else using MWLC?
Old 05-14-2006, 07:00 PM   #1427  
9.95 + S & H

Happy Mothers Day everyone!

I went out on my bike for a while today, but I felt too guilty so I came home after an hour. I have my sons for the weekend, and even though they insisted I go, I couldn't be gone for too long.
I have been able to get out quite a bit though! I love spring!!! I've done a couple of group rides and I did my biggest yet, 750 of us on a "motorcycle safety awareness" ride.

I know I've been MIA lately, but I've been thinking about everyone and I hope you're all well.
Congrats to everyone on the weight loss too! I've been hanging in there, not gaining, not losing. Starting tomorrow hubby and I are going to be headed back to the gym. Good thing too, since we're paying for it anyway.

Well ladies, I have to go help my son find something, so I'll see you all around!

Kathy
Old 05-15-2006, 05:05 AM   #1428  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!

Welcome hdxl

I had a good weekend I made it without too much of a binge. DF and I had a little spat and I ate half a chocolate rabbit, notice the HALF there - that's progress!

Almost got rid of those extra pounds, just one or two more to go!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #1429  

Hey Chicks. Welcome HDXL!

I had a lovely mothers day. DS cooked for me and his future mother in law. He also got me a lovely pendant.

Took a 12 miles bike ride on Saturday down the Platte River. It was fun. DH was riding too slow though and I kept peddling him into the dust.

2frus, good job on get the gain back off. It sounds like the choc rabbit got the worst end of the spat.

Kathy good to here from you. Don't let beat yourself up for getting you time! Very important.

Reb the clock is ticking! Only 2 weeks left until schools out. Yipppeee!

Jill and Holly hope your having a great time!

Gina I hope you had a great weekend in the CA sun!

Well chicks have a great Monday and Keep on Keep'n on!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:06 PM   #1430  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Welcome HDXL!

Harley-Sounds like your Mother's Day was great!

2fru- Eating only half the rabbit is definetly progress, in my books!

Kathy- Glad to see that you are doing good!

I am super boring today ladies. Nothing really new going on. I am totally on the countdown of the last day of school! Oh, the REO concert was ok, crowdedlike crazy. I was surprised that there were that many fans, still. I did babd eating-wise over the weekend, which is so frustating b/c I had been so good up until the past 2 weekends...

I took last week off Couch to 5k, but my friend is back, so we're planning to get right back to it this evening, so maybe that will help with the blimpy feeling. Have a great one!
Old 05-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #1431  
9.95 + S & H

OK everyone... call me CRAZY but I just registered for a half marathon in November. What the heck was I thinking? Oh yeah, get in shape. I have some serious training to do. I couldn't find any 5k's that fit into my schedule so I picke the farthest race out and came up with this one. Hubby is going to think I've lost my mind! I already paid to. Guess who's going to be logging the miles. Maybe I can find a couch to 13.1 miles training program. It's 90+ degrees outside so I guess I'll be starting out on the dreadmill.

Too dang hot to ride after work, so I'll have to wait until this weekend.

You school teachers must be as excited as the kids are about the end of the year! After what you have to put up with, you need a nice long vacation.

Ok, back to work for me!

Have a great day ladies!
Kathy
Old 05-17-2006, 01:23 AM   #1432  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chickies!

It was like 95 degrees today....! I was in the car - but only because I needed to replace my clutch cable....I caught it just in time....I felt it loose - by the time I crawled under there - it was down to 2 strands. I replaced it tonight. Looking forward to getting back to daily riding tomorrow.
Geez - I haven't posted in a while. I went to San Francisco last Saturday for a scooter rally and Jackie Greene concert..yes! All in one day! I was in heaven! I lost another pound...I seem to be on a roll.
Kathy - half marathon...WOW! Go get 'em!
Andrea - just keep plugging away...school's almost done!
Harleymom...12 mile ride! Tell DH to get with the program!
2Fru - mail the other half of the rabbit over here...I'm always willing to help a friend
HDXL!!
Hi to Star, Holly, Jill and everybody else!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #1433  

Hey Chicks! It sounds like it is warming up everywhere. We are expected to be in the 90's on Thursday and Friday. The good thing is at this time of year it cools down to the 60's at night. Love living in Colorado at this time of year!

Kathy you go girl!!!! I decided yesterday that I am going to start training to do a triathlon, maybe a mini one. I have been telling everyone so I don't back out of the idea. I know I can do it, I know I can. Well keep each other going won't we

Gina you crack me up I would know that I had a bad cable as much as if it was snapped and I couldn't go any more. That is what DH is around for. Sorry chicks I am not one of these fix it type of gals. I am glad there are some of you out there though.

Reb your almost there! I love summer time! Get to go on my HD and just relax.

Hey all you other Chicks! Keep on Keep'n on chicks and have a great day!
Old 05-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #1434  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies!

Gina- Yeah! You're my hero! I think that's so awesome that you know how to fix your own stuff. I am clueless. Does Jackie Greene have any cd's out? I tried running a search on Ares, but it came up empty. I was just curious what the music sounded like.

HarleyMom-Is there still snow on the peaks of the mountains or has it melted? Our temp is 81 today.

Kathy- Good for you for signing up for a marathon! You're my hero, too! Boy, I'm fickle today, huh?!
Old 05-18-2006, 01:22 AM   #1435  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Andrea - go check out Stream Jackie Greene or his My Space site - they both have music.
Just for the record....cables and minor stuff I can handle...but I'm lazier than I used to be. It also helps that this bike is about as simple as it gets engine-wise....no fancy computers...old school.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #1436  
9.95 + S & H

Hi gals! I'm in a pretty good mood today, I get to go out for a little ride tonight. The reality of what I've done is setting in. 13.1 miles. Good lord.

HarleyMom, I'm with you ~ I don't do the mechanical stuff. Hubby does it all. I check tire pressure, lube the chain and put in the gas. That's it.
Looks like the weight loss is going good for everyone! Keep it up!

Temp here has been in the 90's all week, it's supposed to cool down to the 70's next week. We just put in and air conditioner this year and we're staying a cool 75- yeah!

Not much else is happening, have a great day everyone!

Kathy
Old 05-18-2006, 12:36 PM   #1437  

Hey Chicks!

Kathy A.C. is a good thing. I got it last year and loved it. I have not turned it on yet this year as I refuse to give Xcel Energy one dime more that I need to. It cools down at night enough that it is not a big deal yet. I will be looking at kicking it on end of May or first of June. Yes Reb still snow on the peaks we have a ski resort that is open until the end of May.

It is Thursday almost weekend!

Keep on keep'n on chicks!
Old 05-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #1438  
ugggg.....

Taking Gina's advice and doing the calorie counting thing--I was all over the board the first week ranging from under 1000/day to one day over 2000/day but lost 2 stress pounds I had gained. Doing better this week averaging about 1300. Not sure if I should up that or not (mid week check has me down a pound). Any opinions?? Making sure I get lots of water in too.

Hubby took me out for a wonderful ride last Saturday for my Mother's Day present. Kids came over on Sunday.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #1439  

Jules it sounds like your doing great! Keep up the good work. I average 1200 calories daily and it seems to work for me. I am slowly loosing weight now but it is still coming off. I am going to bump up the exercise and see if that helps. This darned old body just wants to hold on to those extra pounds after all these years.

Hey chicks over 90 degress here today and Saturday hoping to get a nice ride in this weekend. Lots to do but never too busy for that.

Keep on Keep'n on hot biker chick's and have a great weekend!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:47 AM   #1440  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi chicks!!!

APOLOGIES to Jill - she called me on my cell and left her number, and I never got back to her we were nonstop in Myrtle Beach...I'm so sorry Jill, my bad, sister! thank you for trying..

We had a BLAST!! mostly great weather, we did have to end our Thursday evening travels earlier than expected; we had hoped to make it over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel and into Virginia Beach that night, but we had to hole up in a motel by 6:00 pm cause of the high winds and heavy rain that we were headed into.

Made it into MB by 5:00 pm Friday afternoon, and had beautiful weather til we got soaked coming back to the hotel on Sunday night - but we got to stay at the Iron Gate saloon for longer, to wait out the rain...and I caught a pair of (new!) thongs that the DJ was throwing to the ladies

Then on the way home to Vermont, we hit rain by Albany NY and had the lat 200 miles in light rain, not too pleasant, but manageable. Arrived home Wednesday about 8:00 pm, then into work by 7:30 am the next day! argh!
then working a few doubles and this past weekend...I am fried!

All those days of eating/drinking whatever I wanted and no regulated exercise has left me feeling like a soft slug! but back on track after I post this.

Hope Jill had as good a time as I!
hugs to all you here, and again, I hope to be able to log on here more regularly.
Closed Thread