Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 10:55 PM   #1396  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hey chicks!

Not much going on here. Pretty mellow weekend, I think. We are supposed to have some rainy weather this weekend, though.

I only lost .2 this week, but I have also have some issues with taking extra bites and tastes of things that I dont need to be tasting. Due to the weather I haven't gotten all my "jogging" days in.

Harley- Sounds like a fun weekend with the wedding!

Holly- Good luck selling your bike! Oh, and I saw your VTX at a motorcycle shop here and lets just say...the pics don't do her justice! She's a beauty!

Jules- I can't believe your little girl was so brave! Ughh...I'm scared of getting too close to snakes myself!

Gina, Jill, Kathy, 2 fru and Star have a great weekend!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:10 AM   #1397  
ugggg.....

I've been stalled weight wise for almost a month now--not sure what I am doing wrong-The Sonoma just doesn't seem to help me drop anything though I am feeling better--besides allergies. Maybe I need to try something else...any suggestions?

Reb--my now 19 year old daughter is still not afraid of snakes but a tiny spider will make her do a scream worthy enough to be on a horror movie soundtrack...

We are suppossed to go for a ride with friends today--it's in the 60's and clear skies!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:53 PM   #1398  
9.95 + S & H

Hi ladies!

I was able to get out a few times last week, but no riding for me this weekend Today is quite windy and yesterday hubby got to go while I stayed home with the kids. I'm glad I didn't go with him because he got caught in a huge storm a couple hours away from home. He called me from a Micky-D's and sounded petrified. Here in Idaho we can get some pretty strong winds and he was fighting 70mph gusts that were tossing him into the other lane. The news reported trees 2 1/2 feet in diameter being blown down. I guess it was raining pretty hard too, covering the road within minutes. He eventually found that place to stop, called me and waited for a few minutes and headed home. He was racing against the storm coming up behind him with lighting rain and dust. About 2 minutes before he got home the wind here kicked up, he barley beat the bad weather. Big jerk. I told him to stay in a motel for the night next time so he doesn't have to ride scared, and leave me at home wondering if he's ok.

Good to see everyone's doing great here! 2fru, I hope you're feeling better.

Well ladies, I just wanted to do a quick check in, then I have to do some work. Yuck.
Have a great day!

Kathy
Old 05-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #1399  
ugggg.....

Kathy--glad your hubby made it home safe!!

While we were on our way back home I saw a lady biker practicing in the high school parking lot. She was going through cones with her hubby(?) watching. She looked to be doing really great--my hubby says that he will have me out there doing the same.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #1400  

OK all crazy crazy work day, did I say crazy? Anyhow had a lovely weekend but it just flew by. I need an extra day off!

I am very afraid to hit the scales this week. I had a bit to much to drink on Saturday and I may regret it later. Had a great time though so I am not going to cry to much.

Kathy What in the heck men, they all left a screw or two on the road. I have rode in crazy weather with DH only because he feels we must get there. I am not in any hurry to get my self killed these days!

Jules- You will be out there riding before you know it. You go girl!

Well all have a great rest of the day! Keep on Keep'n on Chicks!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #1401  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hi biker babes!

Jules-I don't know Sonoma at all. Doing calorie counting/ WW is pretty slow, but I have been losing something since I started. I know that when I did South Beach I lost a lot pretty quick, but then it stalled. For me, I think that I wasn't 100% on plan because I felt really restricted. I guess I am a rebel. If I'm told I can't eat something, I eat it. Id you really want to do Sonoma, just stick with it a little longer or change your exercise routine or something. You have to whatever you like and works for you! Good luck!

Harley- You have lost so much and been so good, so 1 day of a few too many drinks and a good time is ok!

Kathy- How scary for your husband! Good thing he made it back home ok. Scary wind gusts!

Not much to report here! Had a great weekend, but it went super fast! Well, better get dinner nuked...lol!

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:33 AM   #1402  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Kathy, glad Hubby just beat the weather!

I'm BAAAAAAAAACK everyone I'm up to my old singing on the Motorway tricks! I'm feeling SO much better after lying in bed all Saturday!

I'm off to the gym at lunch, a 5k race tomorrow, double kickboxing Thurs and I'm trying to persuade DF to let me come home late and go to Yoga on Friday!

My parents are visiting for a couple of days starting tonight. I'm really excited. Mum and I are going girlie shopping and we're packing Dad off to the science museum!

Everything's so good! I'm very today!

Old 05-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #1403  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Sorry to bum out those who can't ride yet cause the weather is still ugly...but I've been riding daily!

2Fru - singing? Like as in you don't have a radio on your bike so you feel compelled to sing? Have big fun with the parental units!!

Harleymom and Andrea - whoever decided a 2 day weekend was enough should have their head examined...3 days maybe....4? Even better!!

Jules - parking lots are where it's at when you are trying to learn...works for diving cars, too! Do you use Fitday or Nutridiary to track calories? I don't know anything about Sonoma...but calorie counting I can answer....if you wanna post a typical day's intake I could take a shot at troubleshooting...just don't ask me to do as I say, not as I do

Kathy - good grief....why do they always gotta brave it out? Glad he made it in one piece.

Holly...rakes still got price tags?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #1404  
ugggg.....

Gina--The closest I have come to calorie counting on a regular basis is back when I did the point system in WW--Maybe that's what I need to do. Do you chart yours in Fit Day? I did try tracking calories and I am way on a challenge thread and found out I am bad at planning and keeping track--I go from under 1000 calorie one day to sky high. I guess I just need to make better choices....I'll check out Fit day this evening..

2Fru--you and all your healthy exercise ways make me tired!! I wish I had your energy!!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #1405  

Hi all, another busy day in the trenches. Keep on Keep'n on Chicks!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #1406  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Jules - I look at it this way....every plan works for somebody. For me - calorie counting works because I like to have choices of what I can eat. Pretty much every plan forces you to restict calories in one way or the other - by cutting out carbs on Adkins, for example. You consume fewer calories because you cut out major food groups. IMHO - for me this is not something I can maintain for more than a short period of time because life without bread and ice cream is not worth living. Calorie counting - while annoying to start with because it takes a while to get used to logging everything you eat - leaves choices way more open. A lot of calorie counters can stop logging after a while and still lose or maintain....I have found out the hard way I'm not one of those people. But I still swear by the method. In the end - whichever eating plan you use - it needs to be something that teaches you how to eat for the rest of your life. Otherwise - when you are done - you go back to what's comfy and all the weight comes right back. FitDay is way better than the excel spreadsheet I used to use....there is also Nutridiary - I haven't tried it but others say it's better than FitDay. As you can see I'm not shy about giving advice...I'll get off my and say
!!!
I'm off the walk the dog...
Old 05-05-2006, 04:30 AM   #1407  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You can get radios for bikes...

Fitday rules!

I have put a deposit down for my pretty frock and I've eaten enough to keep a starving African country going for a year!

Back to the gym tonight for a full body workout, some cardio and

The is shining like a goodun, nice bikey weather and nice sitting on the balcony weather! Unfortunately I'm back at work today, but who cares? It's Saturday tomorrow! WOOOOO!
Old 05-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #1408  
ugggg.....

Gina--I am going to sign up for Fitday and start counting. I was going to do Nutrisystem for the portion control but it's too much for the budget and I would rather eat what I like. Summer is always easier for me to lose. Hubby and I are much more active and I love all the fresh fruits and veggies.

2Fru-I think i'd like Yoga--They cancelled the pilates class I was going to since it was just me going--they will start it back up in the fall they say.

Off to get ready for a quick workout at SLim-n-Tone and then off to work!!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #1409  

Well Chicks I have spent most of my morning clearing off my desk of the piles that have accumulated this week. Wow what a week.

I weighed in down 2 more pounds. I was measured yesterday and the total amount of inches I have lost is 40 1/2. It fits around my waist. That is unreal to me. It comes from measuring the bust, waist, hips, and the wide part of the behind. I can hardly believe it.

Yes 2frus some spoiled folks have music when there riding. My husband somehow wired is satelite radio to work on his bike. I think he has to use ear plugs though so it sort of worries me as I am afriad he might not hear something he needs too.

Jules good luck on your knew program. I think what ever you do as long as you keep moving and don't over indulge you'll do good! Gina I totally agree with what you had to say!

Well all you hot biker chicks. Have a great weekend. And Keep on Keep'n on!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #1410  
ugggg.....

Well girls--hubby just left with a friend to put a windshield on his bike so we can all go riding tomorrow. I have a couple of more things to do before I go pick him up. Before we leave I get my first lesson on the four wheelers--then they say once I get that down--it will be on to the trail bikes..wish me luck I will not be afraid of the clutch!!
Closed Thread