Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #1381  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hey Girls!

Jules- I think the one thing that scares me the most about riding solo is the horrid wind gusts we tend to have. Last weekend it felt like Dh and I were blowing sideways down the interstate. Plus, a week before that a girl rider was blown off her bike in a wind gust. So, yeah, wind is kinda freakin' me out! Have fun working out!

flsun- I really have no idea when to take the MSF. My plan is really first to get my learner's permit, since I am riding on my own now. I am taking the course to learn the safety issues, but as for riding...I know how to get going, shift up and down. I do have a problem taking off sometimes. Which would be terribly embarassing at a stoplight...

Well, my weekend will be pretty interesting. Saturday I have to get up early for my jog/walk. On Sunday we (our motorcycle club) are supposed to be heading to Waynoka, Oklahoma for the annual rattlesnake hunt. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I am not doing any hunting, lol. I really don't know what to expect. Plus, it looks like there could be some possibility of severe thunderstorms in the area...so we may end up not going. Oh, and I lost 1.8 pounds! YIPPPEEE!

Have a fantastic weekend, chickies!
Old 04-21-2006, 08:48 PM   #1382  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello chicks!!

tTHANKS for all the comps on my bee-you-ti-ful bike I've been able to ride to work about 4X in the past 2 weeks, YAY!

congrats to Harley mom for being down SEVEN sizes!! and Rebel for losing steadily!!

Hello to you other awesome chicks I'm still so limited on computer time but had to check in with you all!

hugs to all, live to ride, rubber side down, keep on keep'n on!!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:21 PM   #1383  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning biker chickies!!

It has been another wacky food week....2Fru - ya might not wanna worry about me being much competition at the moment. My FitDay is I am quite disciplined with workouts....I just can't seem to get around the food part. As in eating way too much. Ah well....I'm working on the fabled supercharged metabolism where I build enough muscle to be able to eat and still lose weight. Prolly shouldn't hold my breath.

At least the sun finally came out over here...rode to work all week except yesterday. It rained again last night, but it looks pretty nice at the moment. I should get some riding in.

Hiya Holly!! Just kick 'em all off the 'puter...
Andrea - The stressful moments at stop lights goes away with practice. Wind gusts are kinda freaky - we don't get too much wind over here. Hope you are enjoying your jog/walk!! I send sunshine and singing birdies!

To Jules, too!

Some shade for Jill...

2Fru - IMHO - nothing better than watching someone else run a marathon!

Harley - kleenex to you....hope your sinus thing is cleared up by now.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #1384  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat
To Jules, too!
Thanks Gina--it worked after raining for two days and this morning the sun is out. Hubby is in the shower and I am next (washing clothes and cleaning while it was raining) We haven't decided if we are going for a ride or going morel mushroom hunting. Third choice is he is going to the garage to work on his hot rod and I will be mowing grass....sigh....it's times like this when I want to ride really bad and he's undecided that I wish I was able to go solo
(wow...Tom Petty song just popped in my head!!)

Hope everyone else is wonderful!!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:55 AM   #1385  

Hey Chicks! Went on an awesome bicycle ride this weekend. Saturday morning got up and rode for 10 miles with dh and then on Sunday afternoon went with dd and dh another 10 miles. It was just in time to get back on Sunday as the weather changed and it is still raining out there. If someone would have told me I could ride 10 miles in one time 7 months ago a would have laughed at them. It is feeling so great to be in good shape. I just talked to a girl friend who is full of excuses of why she can not exercise. What we don’t realize is that if we would get up and start moving we would feel so much better. It is such a vicious cycle.

Jules ease that clutch and don’t let anyone rush you. Who cares if your not going 0 to 60 in 2 seconds flat. Don’t let someone bully you out of your comfort zone. I was very afraid of the wind before as my 1st scoot only weighed 500 lbs, it blew me all over the road. Now with my Road King I feel very safe and secure.

Well Chicks have a great day and keep on keep’n on! Big hugs to all of you!!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #1386  
9.95 + S & H

Howdy girls!
What a weekend! I rode Friday night for a couple of hours and Saturday for about 4 hours. It feels SOOOOOOOOOOOO good to be back on 2 wheels. I first had to wash and wax the SV up before I went riding though. Nothing like a shiney bike to ride around on . *sigh* I love my bike.
Sorry Flsun, no pics this weekend of the yellow power ranger, next weekend I'll see if hubby can get some shots of me. I did get my yellow gloves on Sat so now I have the whole matching outfit.
I think I get that Seasonal Affect Dissorder. I hate winter and by February I'm a bear to be around and I'm depressed as ****. But as soon as the nice weather hits I'm happy, much nicer to be around and I have all sorts of motivation. I don't really even think about eating. I becomes more of a neccessity rather then something obsessing over. I'd rather be out walking around than sitting in front of the TV. I just hate being inside period.
Hubby and I did some yard work this weekend too (that's why I wasn't able to go out on the bike on Sun). We planted some flowers and a couple of trees. I'm done with yardwork for the year - yuck. I love flowers, but I hate gardening!

10 miles on the bike HarleyMom is great! It's amazing what we can do once we start moving!

Rebel, I know about those stupid crosswinds. I hate them! Was the girl that got tossed off her bike ok? Did you kill many rattlesnakes?

Jules (and Rebel), the clutch will come with time. Practice, practice practice. And each time you get a new bike the practicing starts all over again.

No riding for me this week, weather is going to be crappy, so I'll wait till it gets a bit better.
Hey Chick, 2fru, and VermontMom!!! Hope all is well!

Ok gals, I'm going home now, so everyone have a great week!

Kathy
Old 04-25-2006, 02:44 PM   #1387  

Hey chicks snowy cold day here today. Spring is here in Colorado!
Keep on Keep'n on Chicks!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:07 AM   #1388  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

It's here today! And the major motorway was completely blocked, so I felt great nipping down the middle of all those hot sweaty commuting cars!

I've got a bit of a cold, and a cough. I'm sick. Boooo! I don't like being sick, it reminds me I'm human!

Anyway, I suppose I must get on now...
Old 04-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #1389  

2 Frus Get Better. Warm weather and colds just don't go together. Get plenty of rest and take a few days relaxing. Yes you heard me correctly relax and let yourself get better!

Warmer here today. The sun is shining and it is close to 70 degrees out. Staying busy with work and kids.

Take care all and keep on keep'n on!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:35 AM   #1390  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Well I finally figured out why I've been so binge-y lately....My two walking buddies at work are both going to work at other companies...and then a third friend announced she is also moving on. Hmmmmm....I finally put two and two together yesterday...ahh the joys of self diagnosis........I feel so much better today. At least there is a reason for my insanity. I'm kinda afraid to weigh in...and my workout today? Pathetic. I went with the intention of doing front and back both...I had no energy. Too much junk...tomorrow is a new day.

But the sun is out - I get to ride! The less the car leaves the driveway the better for my wallet...$5.50 to fill the tank on the scoot.

Harleymom...seems like spring is a little schizophrenic over there in CO. You have got me thinking it might be time to get a bicycle...the last one got stolen - but it hadn't been used in a while. We have a beautiful bike trail over here...along the river...

2Fru - colds should be illegal when the weather is nice. Hope you are feeling better.

Kathy - yay! Ride on Power Ranger girl!! I hear you on the winter grumpies.....also on shiny bike = good!

Jules - what was the verdict? Mushrooms or a ride?

Holly, Star, Andrea, Jill...s to all!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:00 AM   #1391  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm going to skip kickboxing!

I'm going to cuddle up with my fella and a movie But first of all I have to get through the day...

Gina, I've been a binge-monster too. I know why, I said I'd do an assignment for one of my friends who's still at Uni. I'm having issues with the cheating/helping thing. Anyway I've nearly finished it, so I shall be less stressed soon! Oh that and being ill doesn't help!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #1392  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies!

I have been MIA this week for some reason. Busy partly, plus I have the same thing as 2 fru (icky cold), so I'm a cranky whiny baby and I didn't want to be complainy.

We ended up not going to the rattlesnake hunt because it was supposed to be pretty stormy here. I was kinda looking forward to it, but maybe next year. Next year I hope to be a hottie!

Gina- Lucky you getting to ride! It save so much $. I'm glad you figured the binge thing out, too

2fru-Enjoy cuddling with your sweetie!

HarleyMom- We don't have snow, but chilly temps this week. Tomorrow has a 90% chance of rain! Stay warm and congrats on biking so much!

Kathy- I get the winter hum drums too. Wouldn't it be great to go on a cruise or a beach in February?! That would lift my spirits!

Have a great evening ladies!

Tomorrow is my weigh-in...wish me luck!
Old 04-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #1393  
ugggg.....

Gina--Hubby ended up working on the Studebaker--it was in pretty rough shape but he almost has it to the point that it can be put on the road while he continues to restore it...so that left me mowing the grass. He did take off yesterday to hunt for Morels with a friend and this morning we will have a batch of fried morels--not very diet worthy but definitely a treat!!

Harley Mom==I forgot about the wind gusts--there's a strecth of highway that I have trouble with in my little Tercel.

2Fru--what movie did you see--my son and his friends went to see Silent Hill--he joked that I thought the video game was creepy when it first came out--but since he and I both love horror movies I would have liked it..

PsycoPhat--hope the weather is better so you can ride

Reb--I think I would have skipped the snake thing even in the sun--I HATE snakes--we went to a petting zoo in NC when the kids were small--my daughter was about 7 at the time (she'll be 19 in June--son just turned 21 on April 1) was the first to volunteer to hold one of the snakes--she wanted to go down in the poison snake pit with the handler too. My mother in law has a picture of my two kids, their four cousins and a couple of other kids all lined up holding a huge one.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #1394  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies!!! sorry I've been MIA also, but I'm always here in spirit

Been riding to work as much as possible; it's CHILLY when I leave, but then is so wonderful on the way home.

In the few days I've had my VTX parked out front at work, I've gotten more comps on her than I did on my poor li'l VLX for a whole season I LOVE riding her! I'm getting more comfy on her each day. My butt is molding nicely to the seat contours, LOL

I've been exercising great, STILL not on track totally with my eating, sigh. Oh well, I'm plugging away.

Yard work - I've been slacking! I bought 2 new rakes, they're still leaning against the garage with the price tags still on 'em LOL

Have someone coming over this weekend to look at my VLX to buy...wish me luck! I'm not too concerned, though. Have't even advertised it yet, but have two queries just from word-of-mouth.

have a great day!! keep on keep'n on, as Harleymom sez
Old 04-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #1395  

Hey all you hot biker babes. It is good to here from you all. Missing Jill???? It is rainy today. Of course because it was my last day of scheduled baseball games. I will have to cancel all officials and find a bunch next week. Darn it! We sure need the mositure here so I am not going to complain to much. I've already lost one tree due to lack of water would like to keep the rest of them intacted.

Big day Saturday my girl friends daughter is getting married. Anyhow it is finally going to be the official celebration. Her husband went to Iraq for 8 months so they had a little justice of the peace thing in July. He got back safe and sound 3 weeks ago. I am helping with set up and clean up so it is going to be a long day. It should be a lot of fun.

Hope you all get some riding time in this weekend and have a good one. Keep on Keep'n on chicks!
Closed Thread