Old 02-24-2005, 09:15 PM   #46  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Ok Thanks Julie and Skinny.. I looked mine up. We are joining when I get my income tax back bc I want to get some things like new shoes, etc. It's so affordable and lotsa neat stuff for the kids too! I wish I had found it sooner! I might be thinner! LOL.

Good on food and water lately.. Yay me! I just wanna keep my momentum going. I can't wait to wear those jeans for Easter. They are so tight. I gotta try for 8 lbs. by Easter to get into them. Then I gotta find the perfect pink top to go with them. I love pastels for Easter. I wore that exact pair for Easter (I go home to spend it with family each year) in 1996. That's the last time I fit in them! So even tho they are old (I wore them for a month or two in junior high in 1987..lol!) they are not very worn bc I always seem to gain it back so soon after getting down that far.. I need all of your positive energies! Send them to me!!!!!

Gotta go! Hugs!!!!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:21 PM   #47  

Default Hello, all

Hope things are going well all around. TGIF! TGIF! I'm so ready for this weekend. Work hasn't been bad just extremely busy. Ready to go shopping! I did 5 miles on the elliptical last night, was op and met my water goals. Plus, almost two weeks sweets free. I'm really not craving them like I thought I might. Maybe eating the fruit is helping. My TOM in a couple weeks will be the REAL test!

Kandice-I thought of you when I tried out the new program at the Y. According to the people I've talked to, it's very similar to the Curves workout. So, I used you for inspiration! I have to admit that I really, really liked it. I'm going to try to squeeze it in about three times a week in addition to my walking.

Dena-sounds like a good day w/the DH. And congrats on your good eating habits. Keep up the good work.

Bonnie-I miss you! But, I hope you're having a blast.

Well, my internet friends. Must run. Have a great weekend. Stay focused. We can do it!
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday, Everyone!

I'm slowly getting back to my good eating habits. Yesterday I had around 1400 cals and I'm striving for 1400 cals today. I'm so glad I'm counting cals again, because I feel more in control. I've been walking with hubby in the evening after dinner. And I'm still trying to get my eight glasses in. The Oscars are coming up Sunday. I sure would like to be skinny like those gals. Anyway, I'll be watching and admiring.

Skinny, I'm so impressed! You went 5 miles on the elliptical!! And you are doing a circuit at the Y!! I better get my butt in gear. Thanks for the motivation! (I haven't had any sweets, either.) Yay, us!!

Selina, keep up the great work. You'll wear those jeans come Easter.

Kandice, how is your hamstring?

Have a great weekend, everyone?
Hugs,
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:01 AM   #49  

Skinny- I'm glad you liked it
Dena- the hamstring is fine- it was just those 2 days- and I haven't had any other problems...

so embarrassed, all those "fat feelings" came back this weekend and it doesn't feel good...
I tried on my dress friday night for the last time (at the shop)- they had to take in the zipper a bunch a few weeks back and it was ready friday. so anyways, my shoes are flats so I didn't wear them and then the alterations lady told me I better put them on after all because of the pins on the floor. so I bent over and put on my shoes. RIIIIIIIPPPPPPP! The zipper busted out!

I want to believe that it's just them- that they didn't sew in the zipper tight, but still try to tell that to someone that's been overweight and then recently lost a bunch- and feeling pretty good about myself until I ripped my dress!

Chris trying to be supportive and saying at least it ripped while you were there and they could fix it- but that's not the point, the point is that I ripped the dress because I was too big for it! he didn't understand. of course all my emotions are sky high now too- I got mad at his mom the other day because she asked me WHY i made the out of state baskets for myt family- (because they've never been to NC and I wanted to welcome them and have some snacks and mags for them) Can't wait till this is over- I'm such a mess, stressed out bad, crying about everything- and I hate that I'm putting chris through all my emotions too, poor guy should be running for the mountains!

Bonnie- are you back yet? how'd the trip go?

Monday morning! how's everyone doing?
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:30 AM   #50  

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm still counting my cals and feeling more in control. I feel a little slimmer, but I don't dare get on the scale yet for fear that it would set me back. I don't know what it is about that scale that makes me feel like a failure. Oh, yeah, the fact that when I've been good for a long time and I don't lose any weight, I give up. So for now, it's all about eating right, exercising and drinking my eight glasses of water. The weight will go down again, slowly. My clothes tell me how I'm doing, too. My pants, which used to be loose, are not that loose anymore. So keep counting those cals, Dena!

Kandice, I think everyone that has gotten married has stories to tell about their wedding. Everything was going wrong at the last minute at mine. I even started to have cold feet. Then suddenly it all came together. My hubby is the greatest guy! I'm so glad he had patience with me. Take care. It will all work out.

Hope everyone is doing great.
Hugs,
Dena
Old 02-28-2005, 01:54 PM   #51  

Bonnie- could be- didn't think of it before- the alterations lady was very mean to me before, when I called in and told her I needed it taken in again because I lost like 13lbs since the last fitting. asked me when the wedding was and everything- I had 4 weeks left... she was upset then, but no, I wanted it snug, but not so it would rip and show my undies if I bent over.... it was just the "you're too big" coming back and it didn't feel good at all.

and the baskets, we hardly have any of his family coming in for it, and plus they were just for the people staying at the cabins... We have an extra room in the cabins for whoever wants to stay down from his family and there's a basket for that one too... she just thought they were silly I think.

Sounds like you had a great time Bonnie!

Curves was closed today because the snow storm we got (knocked down our tree!) about 3-4 inches here... so I'm going to shovel the driveway after work, good exercise and then use my gazelle after supper.

Yes, keep going dena! you're doing great... are you still using the elliptical? how many mins are you up to now?
Old 02-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #52  

Default Hello, my friends!

Hope this finds everyone doing well. Things here are good. I went shopping Sat. and guess what-I bought a size 14 skirt! Woo-hoo. I haven't seen a 14 in a while. The rest of the stuff I bought was 16 so I went home, bagged up all the 18's in my closet, told DH to say good bye to the size 18's b/c they wouldn't be back in this house again. Yeah!!! Just had to share.

Eating, drinking water are going well. I did 4.6 miles on elliptical Friday night and walked 6 miles w/DH on Saturday. Yesterday, I did my stretching video-believe me, my calves needed it! Took this morning off but will go the Y later. I work for an attorney and we were in court until 12:30 so I skipped my snack and lunch was late and everywhere I looked at the judge's office they had candy! UGH. I didn't succumb but it was hard, hard hard! I'm really fighting the craving for sugar today and I think it's b/c I was surrounded by it this morning. Next week, I'm taking a book to court w/me! At least that will get my focus off the sweets! I have already told DH that I'd better find some peeps in my Easter basket!

Kandice-you sweet thing, you hang in there. I agree w/what someone else already said-everyone has at least one wedding story to share about an incident that struck terror in their hearts! Just hang in there. I understand about the "fat feelings". Don't they hit you at the worst times? Just remember how far you've come and don't listen to anyone's negative talk. you're doing great and you'll be one of the most lovely brides around! As for Chris, best to break him in on all those emotions right now, aye? He can't say he had no clue!

Dena-good for you on all the positive things going on right now. Keep up the good work! You can do it!

Bonnie-glad you're back and glad you had a blast w/GD. I'll bet she thinks you're the hippest GM around. She's right, of course! good to hear you're ready to get back on track, although you didn't stray too far from the sounds of it. YOu'll be giving us all a run for our money in no time.

Gotta run. Have a great evening. Take care.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:31 PM   #53  

so I reluctantly changed my ticker- it's going to go back down soon!!! 177.5 today at curves and I gained 10.75 inches. (the one that measured me never has measured me before though too, excuses but still might have some part of it) oh well... it'll go back down- they said it was just stress and probably water weight bloat- but now for the good news-

I lost 1.25 lbs this month and 2.15 lbs of body fat.. and my body fat percentage is the lowest it's ever been since beginning- 29%. YAY! I'll get those inches back down... I've been slacking off on the Low Carb thing too- so I know I have to go back at it pretty good...

how's everyone else doing?
Old 03-02-2005, 10:56 AM   #54  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Talking Hey everyone!! How are you all?

Just wanted to reply to all your posts while I have a few minutes drinking my coffee here.. I'm doing ok. I need to weigh. I haven't since Jan. 26th. I'm dying to know the news. I'm staying mostly on plan. I feel that I should 'feel' smaller tho. It is TOM tho.. well, it's coming this week. So we'll see. I know I've lost bc I measured and I'm down several total inches since last month. So that's good. Still having trouble getting in more water. I'm serious. It's mostly ALL I even drink and I think I'm just not needing that much liquid.. I dunno!

Went walking at the new park I found near the house. It's nice. And it's used by others at all hours so I don't feel all alone out there. I went on the trail 20 mins. then turned around.. and back to the car within 45 mins. Did about 2.5 miles or so (I measure steps so it was about 5,000 steps.) This first two weeks of March, I want 12000 steps a day. The first time I went to this park? LOL. I thought it went in a big circle. It didn't!~ It goes for like 8 miles and then you turn around and come back. Ha ha! So there I was, about 3 miles in.. and asked someone and she said "Oh, it goes from Hwy 6 to Beltway 8." I was thinking, OMG! I have to tinkle already. So I barely made it back to the restroom.. LOL. And had hit 16,600+ steps when I got back to my car by noon and most days I hit 12,000 barely, sometimes 15,000 in a whole day that would include an hour of walking too. LOLOLOL. I ended up with over 25,000 steps that day, about 12.5 miles.

Dena, Ty! I hope I get in those jeans too. I write every bite I take down on a spiral notebook hanging on a nail in my kitchen (complete with a hanging pen. LOL.) I'd overeat if I didn't. Glad you had a nice trip too.

Kandice, I understand your anguish. Try to remind the dress mishap is just a small bump in your great road to success. Strive not to let it overshadow everything you've worked so hard for! You are doing great!!

Skinny, I lost my craving for sweets fairly soon after stopping them. I used to love cupcakes, etc. I NEVER thought I would be able to just pass them up. I have more control with WHEN I eat sweets now. I used to want them every time I saw them.. Not true anymore, I get a craving for chocolate out of the blue and go get it and eat it. Real Chocolate. I just write it down! You are staying right on track! And wow, 5 miles on that thing!

Go Zeta! Woohoo! Doing great!

Bonnie, Welcome back!! You'll drop those pounds in no time. Glad you had a nice time. I bet it was fun fun.

Julie, how are ya? I can't wait to join my YMCA. I'm looking forward to this summer!!

Everyone keep it up! We can do this, we can do this, we can do this! I want 199! (I hope I'm close. )Then I want 177 so bad! After 177, 100 lbs. down, I won't feel soooo rushed but I'll still want my 127.

Have a greeeeat week!! Hugsssssss!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #55  

Default Hello, ladies

Hope this finds everyone doing well. Things here are good, even though I was up at WI. But, I know I'm eating healthy and exercising so I'm blaming TOM and possibly not getting as much water as I need these last few days. At any rate, I'm not obsessing about it. I know what size I'm in right now and I know that's progress. so, I'll stay on track and expect a big drop soon! I must admit that I haven't moved my tickler yet. If I don't drop back down by next WI, I promise to move it.

I'm doing well w/exercise. I've walked 21.5 miles this week. I dragged my heiny out of bed this morning and went to the Y to do a circuit routine. I'm meeting a friend for coffee tonight and knew it was this morning or not at all today. I enjoyed it. There were only myself and two other ladies in there.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work. Oh, I went shopping yesterday and found some awesome clearance stuff at Lane Bryant. I bought a $110 outfit for $15.00! Is that awesome or what? It's a nice outfit but not too dressy. Can be worn to work, church or date w/DH? I love finding a bargain! Clearance rack is the first thing I hit and I hit it wide open!

Gotta run. Yeah, us!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #56  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Smile

Hey! Hope you all are well!

Bonnie, thanks for reminding us about the wedding! I'm sure they are having a blast. Kandice when u come back, know we are anticipating hearing all about it!! Oh and I wanna see The Aviator too! I saw some of the Calendar Girls but wanna watch it all the way thru. Also, wanted to tell u that probably the only reason I've been able to stay on plan for 9 months is the fact that I work in 'regular' food too. They say not to exclude anything from ur plan. Just sets u up for failure. So I totally agree with you there.

Skinny, Yay for you! You are doing great AND you found a cool outfit for cheap! I know I go straight to the clearance racks first too. Why not? Those clothes were expensive last month, they are no different when they hit the last rack!

I walked 2 hours this a.m. at the park. It rained on me a little but was worth it. I had to get in my steps! I have done well so far. I made a goal of 12,000 steps a day, at least til 3-13-05. Then I might add to it or reduce to 10k, we'll see. I am going to try to get into those jeans for Easter. If it doesn't happen, that's ok. I can zip them now.. last year I couldn't get them past my knee. Seriously. So I'm still happy. I'll be in them for my vacation at the end of April for sure.

Have a great week and take care. Hugs to everyone!!
Old 03-07-2005, 07:31 AM   #57  

Default back from wedding!

wow- the wedding went perfect!

lots of little small things wrong behind the scenes but everyone said it was wonderful. We watched our wedding video last night- I look terrified! Not smiling at all! Poor chris was doing everything he could to get me to smile but I just wanted to cry and cry- didn't help with my dad giving me a big hug right before we went in... I always pictured that I would look at Chris down the aisle but I don't even remember seeing anything- I was just so focused on getting down there. I wanted to see Chris' expression when he saw my dress and everything- but it just went by so fast.

but everything was very good.

the little things that went wrong- I called the tux place and was assurred the tuxes were all there because we didn't want to make a trip for nothing- so the boys went down. Christopher's tux wasn't in... ugh! So I had to go down friday and get it- he didn't have time to try it on or do any alterations- the sleeves were short on him but everything else was ok. My dad stepped in his tux pants (at the store) and they didn't have an inseam at all! he said it was like a skirt! no one helped them- the people said "well, if it feels alright, then it's alright" NO! That's not how it works!!! My sweats feel alright on me but I wouldn't wear them to the wedding- and my guys were all macho men, so they didn't know how everything was supposed to fit. I got $20 back from Christopher's tux, but I want more money than that so I'm going to talk to the District Manager this week.

my flowers were ok- not exactly what I wanted, but ok. we forgot to get a boutenier for the pastor- but he was wearing a robe- good thing.

My professional pictures should be posted online in about a week (on the photographers website) when it's there I'll be sure to copy the link.

Off to take a shower and then go get my maid of honor for a day of honeymoon clothes shopping. and to bring some of the wedding cake to work. man we have so much! if I eat it all i'll gain like 10 lbs! and I want to save that 10 lbs for the honeymoon buffets we're leaving sunday for the honeymoon, but I'm sure I'll be back on this week- go back to work tomorrow!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #58  

Hi guys!
First of all, congratulations to you, Kandice!!!! The wedding snuck up on me. I thought you still had weeks to go. I'm so happy for you that everyone thought it was a beautiful wedding. Forget the small things that went wrong. Now it's time to concentrate on you and Chris... your wonderful life ahead of you. Really, I'm so happy for you!!!! And now you can relax... And yes, enjoy your honeymoon!!!!
Bonnie, I'm so proud of you! You had your little vacation, enjoyed it and got right back on the horse and lost the weight! Congrats to you. You've really done an excellent job. I always look forward to reading your messages.
As for me, I'm proud to say I finally have lost the extra pounds I put on the last few months. I'm back into my size 10 pants, thank God. And now have to work on getting to my old 8's. It hasn't been easy, but between the exercise and eating healthier, I'm slowly doing it. I still feel like a slob, but a little healthier one. LOL (Of course, if my mother and sisters would see me they would make me feel like I've accomplished nothing. My sisters are size 5.) Thank God for my hubby, who is my main support and fan. LOL And thank God for you all of your support.
Skinny, you're my inspiration! I love the fact that you love exercise, and that gets me going. You're doing a GREAT job! And congrats to you for buying nice, new clothes. You go, girl!
My hubby took the day off today. We have to do our taxes, which is kinda stressful for me. I hate this time of the year. LOL So, I better go now and get busy. Sorry I don't have time to write to everyone. Continue to do well.
Hugs all around.
Dena
Old 03-07-2005, 03:26 PM   #59  

Default Hello, my friends!

Hope this day finds everyone doing well and blessed beyond imagination! Things here are good. I stepped on the scales this morning and alas, I'm still up two pounds! But, I'm going to work my heiny off and they, and hopefully more, will be gone next weigh in. I know some of it, if not all, is TOM stuff. My DH laughs at me and says I'm the only women in the world who looks forward to her TOM starting! I said, go ahead and laugh, laughing boy, but it's almost a guaranteed weight loss every month-what have you got? He's so much fun.

Had a great weekend. DH took DD's on individual "dates" on Fri/Sat evening and they had a blast. Of course, that gave me some one on one time w/DD's as well. We had a nice family day Sat.; hit the flea market and the mall. I indulged w/about 1/2 a soft pretzel and had a frappucino as well. They were both delish!

I haven't exercised, except for walking around at the mall/flea market, since Thursday. Will be back on track tonight. I'll either do the elliptical or tread at the Y. Doing good w/eating and water.

Kandice-Congrats! How does it feel to be Mrs. Chris? I'm so glad that things went pretty smoothly for you. I'd definitely talk to the district manager about the tuxes. Good luck w/that. I can hardly wait to see the pix!

Bonnie-as a big WKU and UK fan, I LOVE it when Duke gets beat! My brother is a die-hard UK fan and it just kills him when I route for WKU against UK! But, gotta route for alum, right? Congrats on your weight loss! Keep up the good work.

Selina-Good job on your steps. Keep up the good work. I got some more clothes this weekend and they didn't cost a thing! That's even better than the clearance rack! A friend at church overheard me talking about needing some more clothes. She said, I've got FOUR BOXES of stuff I think you can use. Just come and get them! Some of this stuff still had the tag on it. She has lost weight and couldn't used them so she just gave them to me. Isn't that wonderful? Some of the stuff I vetoed b/c the colors were wrong but I did manage to get several new things out of the deal. Yeah!

Dena-Congrats on your loss! Keep up the good work, lady! It was good to hear from you. I'll be sending you some positive thoughts during this tax season!

Gotta run. Have a wonderful day/evening everyone!
Old 03-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #60  

Default quick hello

To let you know I'm back on track w/exercise. 60 minutes on the gazelle last night and blasted off w/Richard Simmons this a.m. doing well everywhere else. Hope everyone is having a great evening. Talk to all soon.