Old 02-17-2005, 04:57 PM   #91  

Dips I am trying to low carb it too. It is the way for me I can lose. My body goes nuts when I eat carbs and I totally binge on them for weeks. What happend now . That is so neat Noelle recognized you. Noelle YOU are one smart lady with a great memory!! Anyway I was at my goal weight last summer and literally have not been on the scale in months. To scared, Thanksgiving and Christmas really threw me off. I have a treadmill and I hate it. I would like to sell it or something. It just seems like I get to closed in feeling?? I don't know I would rather run in place or dance around with my kids to get cardio in. I am glad you are not taking those pills, I have heard dangerous things about them. Btw, if your new beau works out that much, he must be in awesome shape.

Noelle, Kempy, Angie, Cherie, Summer, Cal and everyone else I hope you are having a great day. I have to get some supper ideas going here. Maybe low carb wraps made into bean enchiladas?? And I want to make a promise to you all that not one tortilla chip will touch my mouth!! I was looking at pics of me from last summer tanned and all and I was at my goal weight and I want to be there again so bad. Gotta make it happen. Come on girls!! Lets do it!!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:22 PM   #92  

Dips so gald to see you again. I saw that commercial too. That is so cool that you did that. Girl you are going to have to post a pic of your body building bf. I am a sucker for built guys. After all the Rock is the perfect build to me.

I had come home today for a bout 10 mins. and then got a call to run back up to the salon. There was no way that I was turning down money. My clients are starting to pick up. I am very thankful for that. I knew it would happen but I wasn't sure how long it would take. I am working with the local University with some marketing ideas. There is a program that they offer for free to small business'.

Angie girl I can't wait for you to open. I am like Julie I am so excited for you. Hey, were is that pic of the new haircut?

Noelle did you get all of the tax stuff straightened out? I am waiting to hear back about mine. I hope I get something big back. I mean I am a new business so don't you usually show a lose for the first few years?

Ok, I am starving I need to find something to eat. I'll check back in a bit.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:49 PM   #93  

Oopps I ate some chips , but I am trying to work it off to some music, when sil gave us her old hard drive she gave us her speakers and a subwoofer with it and it plays my downloaded music awesome!! It really booms and thumps....dh said I am going to get in trouble in the summer when the windows are open and I am playing my music and dancing with the kids, haha. I was just listening to Nelly "Hot in Here" and trying to do some sit ups but I am just so full!! I am going to try really hard to get some kind of excercise in after the kids are sleeping, no not with dh , some kind of cardio by myself!!

Kempy, I knew business would pick up for you. Great idea working with the University for business and marketing ideas. Everything will fall into place. It will be all good for you!!

Well another good song, I might go and excercise....to Mary J. Blige "Family Affair". I am nuts excercising with this full of a stomach .
Old 02-18-2005, 08:52 AM   #94  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!!!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:28 AM   #95  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Ciao Ladies!!

I cannot for the life of me find my pics from last year. In a fit of rage I probably hid them from myself but I'll find them. Anyways,

Julie- You know the funny thing about low-carb dieting, you can work with it because of the fast results but the moment you taste any hint of starch or sugar, you're like a drg addict relapsing. I actually ended up developing a new addiction for coffee, DECAF AT THAT! On atkins you cand drink decaf coffee with cream and splenda and I used that as my comfort beverage when I was fiending for sugar. But then I noticed that my teeth were staining so I gave up the coffee. {I swear, vanity is what keeps me healthy, not the actual desire to be healthy, pretty f'd up ain't it }
My bigest problem is that my bf eats carbs around me all the time and offers it to me because he is absolutely against atkins. But whatever, I'll be on it until I reach my goal weight and then I'll try to follow his nutrition plan. We'll see what happens. BTW shame on you for eating those darn chips

Kempy- Nice to see you too girl. My BF, tough as he is, is painfully shy, I'll have to post a pic when he's not paying attention. He's hot. He's not as big as the Rock but he definately does it for me if ya know what I mean

GOOD MORNING ANGIE!!!

I'm off to Ikea once again. My BF is coming over to help me transport my stuff so that I can avoid the delivery fee.

Talk to you soon
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:40 PM   #96  

Hey where is everyone today? I had an uneventful day. We have one more DU banquet tommorrow. I will be gald when it is over. We really don't have much to do for it. Joe is on his way home. It has been a long week. I told him that there is no way I am going to cook so he better be planning to eat out. I am PMSing too so it is Mexican for dinner. I am going to enjoy the heck out of it too!

Dips did you get your apartment all set up? I don't know how you live in such a big city. I need to be in a small town or I get over crowded. I like my space.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:03 PM   #97  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls. I skipped out on work today (bad me ) and went shopping for office supplies instead. Then I went to watch the movie Hotel Rwanda by myself. It was such a powerful film and I can see why the story needed to be told. Genocide is horrible. Don Cheadle was awesome awesome awesome. I think his nomination as best lead actor is spot on. I hope he gets it, although Jamie Foxx was pretty awesome as Ray too. Both movies I'd recommend. Heavy stuff though, bring kleenex for Rwanda.

Don't know what's in store for the weekend yet but everyone have a good one!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 10:20 PM   #98  

Hello Everyone,

I am so glad this week is over. I'm so beat.

Dips: Glad to see you back. I'm so happy for you with the new apartment, new life, and new bf. I'm still teaching 7th grade, but am a little closer to home. We haven't been able to go back to Italy in the last 2 years, but we're hoping this year, summer or Christmas. It depends on when hubby can get some time off. I told him to just tell them that his sister is sick and in hospital, but he wants to wait and see. I do miss Italy though.

Kempy: Mexican sounds pretty good. I'm really watching what I eat. I go to the doctor on Monday and I'll see then if I've lost anything more. I don't own a scale so I don't know how much I weigh unless I go to the doctor and they can convince me to get on the scale.

Angie: Too late to say Good Morning; so...Good Evening (Night??) I so look forward to seeing pics of your new bakery. I'm so excited for you.

Noelle: I haven't heard of that movie, Rwanda, I'll have to check it out. Usually, I never go to a movie unless it's one that Ashley can see. I really don't get out much.

Julie: Hope everything is going well with you. Thanks for the offer to PM you when I'm feeling down. I've thought of it a couple of times.

Hello to anyone I've missed. Have a good night.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 04:31 PM   #99  

Happy Saturday Girls

Cal you can talk to me anytime you want. I think I am a good listener. Sometimes just getting things off of your chest is what you need to feel better. I understand some of the issues you are going through, not all by any means but some . Let us know how everything goes at the doctor on Monday, we all care about you. I get worried when people don't post for a while. Yes I am a constant worrier .

Dips you are right about the one taste of sugar or high carb foods and it is like I can't stop eating them. But I am on my second day of being totally OP. I am kind of combining phase 1 of sbd and Atkins together. I may enter phase 2 of sbd in a couple of weeks just because I feel I don't get enough fiber and all the supplements out there give me a really bad stomach pain.

Noelle glad you got to get some you time yesterday. I have never went to a movie by myself. I should try it sometime. Nobody saying pass this pass that . Have a great weekend hon.

Kempy I am so glad my pms is gone. I feel for you. Mexican food is a great comfort food. I always treat myself before TOM, just have to. I hope your DU banquet goes well tonight and you and Joe have a good time.

Angie when is the first day of business??

Well everyone have a nice weekend. I am catching up on loads of housework I was not able to get done when the kiddos were sick. Fun, fun. I did the whole family room though and really felt like I was getting some excercise in. I think cleaning is totally a workout!! I think we might grill out in the frigid cold. But thats okay reminds me of summer....maybe hamburgers, steak, or brats. Okay everyone have a nice rest of the weekend, check back later on. Btw has anyone heard from Cherie?? Getting worried about her, I hope everything is going okay in her life.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:01 PM   #100  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Ciao Ladies

I'm going to be brief tonight because I'm exhausted. I love love LOVE Ikea. They have the coolest stuff! I bought my bedroom set and I'll be back to get my tv wall unit and some other trinkets. Moving is exciting and stressful all at the same time. I can't wait to be settled into my new place.

J- I'm not really familiar with the south beach diet. Heard good things about it though. Is it easier to follow than Atkins? I know one thing, I have to stock up on healthy snacks because I came close to hitting up the vending machine at work a few times. I kept it under control though.

Cal, I can't tell you how much I miss Italy. I visit little italy downtown every once and again. The food there is actualy authentic, so I always have a place to go but I definately want to go back.

Noelle my bf saw the movie by himself and was moved to tears. I want to see it myself, I knew it would be good because Don Cheadle is an amazing actor. I'm familiar with the situation they are portraying and you're right. That story needed to be told.

Well I've been good with my eating. zi could use more excersize but moving is taking a lot out of me. I am beat! I'm going to bed now. g'nite ladies.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:15 PM   #101  

Hi girls

How is everyone's Sunday? Mine is going blah....dd I think has the flu what my ds had last week ....103 temp, up all night and vomiting. I can't believe there is so much going around. Ugh, I feel so bad for her. It is wearing me down emotionally and physically taking care of sick kids for over two weeks and being up all night, sorry to complain. I don't mean to come here and you know what.

Dips, sbd is a little easier, for one thing you can slowly work in good carbs after two weeks of induction. Like oatmeal or a whole grain.

Well gotta run, ds is coming in from playing in the snow with dh. We are getting hit hard today and last night with the white stuff!! Have a great day girls.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:50 AM   #102  
so close, yet so far...

Default I am the tooth fairy

Hey girls, how's everyone's long weekend going so far? I went to an old friends daughter's 1st b-day party this morning, then we just hung out at home. Michael's 1st tooth finally came out today after being loose for about 2 weeks. I went out to the store this evening and he was horsing around w/my sister. I don't know if she accidentally nudged him in the mouth but when I came home the tooth was leaning almost completely horizontally forward. He couldn't bring himself to pull it out but after he took a bath, I tied some dental floss on it and yanked it out. He didn't even flinch and said it didn't hurt. His permanent tooth looks huge in comparison, right behind. So what's the going rate for teeth these days? I told him I have a deal w/the tooth fairy that she has to give me his first tooth. My friend gave me a tiny tooth keepsake box when he was born and I can finally put something in it.

Julie, I'm so sorry about your DD still being sick. You must be run ragged. Hope you get some rest time just for you this weekend. I've been wondering about Cherie too .

Dips, we still do not have Ikea in Hawaii. I love that store and could spend hours just browsing around in it while I'm on the mainland. I would love to get a bedroom set from there but I would have to arrange my own shipping back home. I imagine I could be so organized w/their stuff in my house...if only... have fun decorating your new digs.

Cal, you are doing so great!!! I know your drs visit will show just how much. I know what you mean about not getting out and seeing 'adult' movies. Most of the time I only go to see kids stuff too--but every now and again I escape by myself and catch a flick just for me. We just went to see that Winn Dixie movie about the dog and the little girl. It was a bit long, but a good story for kids. Michael informed me that the Winnie the Pooh movie just released was a 'baby' movie and he didn't want to see it . Our babies are growing so fast.

Well, gotta run for now...have a great rest of the weekend.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:17 PM   #103  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Ciao Ladies!

I HATE THE SNOW!! Here in NYC we got about 3-5 inches overnight. It's not as bad as the last snowfall, but still I was hoping to be done with this by now. Anyway, At this moment my siblings are eating Grands Biscuits. UUUHHHH . So in an effort to stay OP I am leaving this god aweful carb-infested house to do some shopping at Wal-mart.

Noelle- No Ikea in Hawaii??!! OH NO! I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you at least have a Taget or Pier 1? Crate and Barrel? Congrats to your boy on losing his first tooth! They do grow up fast! My six year old brother has already lost and regrown his first tooth. Soon he'll be off to college

J- It is so tough to nurse your babies back to health. I must say that I've never seen the flu hit so hard. What a season we've had. Hope she feels better soon.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I was working all weekend but I'm off today so Off to Wal- Mart I go! Talk to you all soon.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:18 PM   #104  
so close, yet so far...

Dips.....Dips...Dips......you're killing me!! If I could reach out and strangle you!!!! No Ikea, No Target and No Crate and Barrel. We do have two Pier 1 stores but it's not the same as Ikea. *sigh* i have to hit Wal-Mart as well.

I will be in Vegas next week so I will at least get to shop at Target, small consolation no?

Well, gonna get a jump on the day. See ya!
Old 02-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #105  

Hey guys. Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I was beat after setting up Saturday and then have a REALLY good time that night. I could not get off ot the sofa yesterday. I had to work today too so I need to be healthy for that.

Julie when Joe and I keep getting sick I open up the windwos to air out the house. I am convinced that that stuff stays in your house. We will stop passing the bug when I do that. I know it is cold up there but maybe you could do it for about 15 mins evey so often.

Cal how did the doc visit go?

Dips I have no Ikea down here either. We have to drive to Baton Rouge to go to Target and no Create and Barrel. I do go there when we go to CA though. I love that store. I never really thought about how bad we have it.

Noelle I have no idea what teeth go for. I always got 25 cents. I know that was a long time ago though.

Yeah, where is Cherie.

Angie what are you up to now? How is the store going?

Well, I need to work on the check book. I'll try to hop back on later.