Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 05:00 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default LO Carb #2 Hey girls we can do this!

There are some posts by Pam and myself at the end of #1.

My goodness, It can be so hard to maintain this. ANd yet I am my own worst enemy. Last night caved to a craving. Didn't even try and stop it. ANd then the stuff I ate didn't even really taste good. What the heck??? I was reading an article on line about fear. Fear of failure and fear of success. Staying teh way I am is easy because I know who I am. But what if I lost weight? Who would I be then? What if I got bigger??? That I would probably be more OK with. Deep stuff huh?

What do you ladies think?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:32 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I agree I know that is my sinker. the challeneges of change. I have enough at wourk I almost like my continuity but I also hat ehte way I look and feel How I hurt and can not even bed over to tie my shoes.

I did post a nice one at work on friday relaying a very funny story, but it got lost.

my car got stuck in an intersection and I had to call 911 to get out. and I did not dare get out of the car as there was traffic all over. when i finnaly got out I had to go bowling and made it very well. I drank about 1 gallon of e\water while bl\owling and had to pee all night. But any ways I am back safe and sound and had an even harder time in buffalo and got lost in a 1 mile area and well it is a long story and I am tired and do need to go to bed. I asm here not OP but I will be there in the morning.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:33 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Hey Sue! I can't tell you teh # of times I have gotten lost in Buffalo. My family is from Niagara Falls. The signage is terrible there.

I agree that I hate the way I look and feel. But I can not "see" that as I make poor choices for myself. Like what I choose to eat and not be able to find an few minutes to move my body. Yet I continue to experience the feeling poorly.

I did OK yesterday, DH and I finished the sin I bought SUnday. God knows I couldn't throw it away! SO teh house is empty, but I see that I didn't shop very well last Sat.

Well at least I am here!
Old 01-19-2005, 05:21 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

Good morning,It's weds. Yesterday continued to offer chal;lenges for which I was not prepared!

Oh, please see Pam's 2 poats at the end of thread #1! You don't want to miss them!

I am shopping tonight. Planning better. DH went to teh MD'S yesterday to get his lab results. SHe found him to be borderline diabetic, put him on gluchophage. If he lost some weight that probably wouldn't be nessesary. Since I take care of people(way better than I take care of myself) maybe this will help me find the motivation to make better choices?? Sad that I don't think enough of myself to put in that kind of effort!

Pam way to go!!!!! OP Goddess you!! You are doing awesome.

Hey SUe how goes it??/

Lisa, Blissful are you lurking?? Hope you are both well

Off to face Weds.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:42 AM   #5  

Hello gals! Just a quick post, as I must wake up the kiddos shortly to get them ready for school. I have indeed been lurking but always in a rush so I don't post...maybe a more honest reason is that I haven't been op at all and I feel guilty. However, I just read everyone's post and I'm motivated to do better today. One day at a time right? I've had a bit of stress as my 5 year old was sick with a stomach bug last week and threw up on my new carpet...more importantly, he is fine now, but my 8 month old has been throwing up for the last two days. I think the puking is done now as I was finally able to get him to keep breast milk down. I had to pump two bottles yesterday so that I wouldn't explode! But now I have stored milk which was needed once I start doing clinicals at the hospital. School officially started yesterday. I am taking my classes online so I was up late last night getting my syllabus's organized and making my list of required reading. I don't want to get behind, so I must be organized. Well, here is my meal plan for today:

Breakfast: two eggs, fried; one low carb bread toasted with peanut butter

Lunch: sauteed mushrooms, stuffed chicken breast

Dinner: Grilled Salmon; pea salad

I must drink lots of water...I must cleanse my system...that is my toughest challenge...

oh...and I love the meatball recipe...going to give those a shot!

Thankgs girls!!

Lisa
Old 01-19-2005, 11:42 AM   #6  
I will make it!

Hey Lisa...I can totally understand the frustration you feel when you self sabotage..I did the same thing this week..I got to an all time low of 155 pounds and all week I have been eating like a pig..I am so afraid to weigh myself..plus its my time of the month...so I will weigh in this saturday. I also have been keeping up with our cycling challenges..I did 10 ks on monday...5.6km yesterday and I plan on cycling again this week. take care

I cant believe that it is mid week already! I went to see my Mom last night and she was DRY!!! woohoo...and she went to the bathroom on her own and told me she needed to go...I was so happy..yes I wanted to do back flips. It was very cold last night...I just about froze my butt ..and once again it is very cold...I have my trusty heater beside me..and ocaisionally I lean over and heat up my hands.

I cycled last night but only managed 20 minutes...man was it hard..the legs just didnt have it yesterday. I did some floor exercises..mainly crunches on my ball. those are always good.

I cant wait to finish this period...I am gonna weigh this weekend ...Sunday or Saturday and see what the dredged scale will tell me...but I have been so bad this past weekend with the food...and tons of chocolate..too..I always crave sweets during my period. I am hoping just to maintain..I know there is no way I have lost a pound.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter light on whole wheat
lunch: crab wrap ( light mayo, turmeric, boston lettuce and whole wheat tortilla)
dinner: smoked meat with portabello mushrooms and onion (mustard on the side with dill pickle)
snacks: 5 pieces of candy..yes I know BAD BAD BAD, 8oz fruit smoothie (no sugar added)
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise: pilates and cycling

have a great day

Cyan
Old 01-20-2005, 12:53 AM   #7  
gbo

Darlins,
Did I ever tell you I can get Lost In a paper bag? LOL, LOL, LOL. Anyway here I am again! I am still OP but couldn't sllep all night as a disk pop out of place so hard I thought I would shoot out my skin and everyone could hear it!!!!! I took two pain pills about 8:00am and slept all day! Before sleep (this morning) I ate about 1/2 oz. of monteray jack cheese on 1 slice of toasted low carb bread lightly buttered.
lunch? a hamburger steak with two eggs an top and a pat of butter. Mock pancakes
dinner a proper small hamburger plain and a root beer float a large one with schwans low carb vanilla ice cream, creamy & like silk in your mouth. no carbs left but worth it.
19 carbs today.
Exercise..... ummm not today
I am happy today despite the pain because I am still op 15 days I think. If you remember it is how I began this journey last time and lost 100 lbs. It took some work but I made up my mind not to diet but to create a new lifestyle. A diet is something you do to lose weight and when you get where you want to be you go back to "normal" and regain it all and more. This time the difference is I know this is a lifestyle. My old ways are gone. I can never go back again. I gain to easily. Too quickly. This is my life and it is workable for me. I have chosen to let go of what was and accept my life and body on it's terms. I cannot win a battle with my body as it is what it is. I can win in my mind. These are the materials I have to work with and I know that problem areas. I know what my body can do and will do and must always work within those borders. I know my limitations and have challenged them all to the max so I do know just how far I can go. Tomorrow I shall be sore as heck but none the less I shall use my exercise machine for how long I do not know but until it is safe.
More time bed bound will not help me to reach my goals. So my dear ones it took me long after those young years to claim my life but I want the rest of my life to be less painful, more comfortable and maximise all the joy and beauty life has to offer. The challenges shall always be there but I am equal to them. If this were not so I would be long dead. I am still here. I am equal to life. Nothing less than death itself is stronger. I endure. Even then ....I will endure and go on. Another form perhaps but I will go on. So life is not my master nor the situtations in it,we are equals. Self control is not the issue either that I so long believed. It was always about choosing. Making a decision and following through. Simple, it is simple. The decision the decision comes to me only when I am am so fed up, so sick of being like a tumble weed, blown about at the will of the wind. Circumstance,challenges, difficulties, stresses.All these years....
I have just gone with the flow not even realizing we were equals all along. I Choose to hold my ground, my decision is made and it is final.
Pam
Old 01-20-2005, 05:16 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

AH, Pam you inspire and motivate me! Your attitude toward the challenges life has put in front of you is aweinspiring and amazing. Just the thing that makes you so successful at what you strive for!

I can report a 99% OP day. Caved over a 45 min battle with technology! I am way too stressed! Oh I lost! What just about sent me over the edge was DH walked in pushed 1 botton and all was right with the world. He almost saw God!

Hey Lisa, nice to see you. Classes on line are awesome. I can't beleive how far that stomach flu has gotten. It really it here at the holidays. Hope the kids are feeling better.

Hi Cyan,

Hey Sue How are things going?
Old 01-21-2005, 12:30 AM   #9  
gbo

Darlin's.... Op and sitting here with 128 oz. of water more than half gone! Cher made ham , broccoli, scalloped potatoes, and rolls for dinner. (her day off) I ate ham and broccoli like a good kid. The rolls were not a problem for me this time. "WHEW" Today I have felt "off". The soreness is better and I used the machine for about 10 minutes.......the longest 10 minutes in the history of the world!!!! LOL I have no Idea what I did weigh but I am losing. How I know that is one- the breath from ****, 2-the walk/running to the bathroom with cheeks tighter than I would have thought possible!,3- I can tell I am getting closer to being back on the scale. I hate to think what I weighed but it would have been helpful to know. Ah, well such is life. It has been a fairly quiet day for me and I have been practicing writing Hebrew. Looks more like a five year old at the moment but I am getting it. Never to old to learn. Woof, woof. I am planning on special treats for every 50 lbs lost. Getting my nails done, having a spa day and so on. I am having hubby take a before photo which I shall keep on my fridge as a reminder. I am making a chart to keep track of my weight loss and weekly goals. When I am back on the scale I will weigh in every friday morning and chart my way down. I am considering keeping a journal of this journey as well perhaps it would be helpful. Anyway my dears ,16 days op and my water is reinstituted! Ya all take care and hang tough.
Pam
Old 01-21-2005, 05:52 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Pam you my dear are still awesome. !

I had a day of talking to the cravings in my head! But I won teh fight!!!!

OP met my goal of working out 3 times this week! Water good. The challenge will be to not lose track this weekend!

Hey Sue, Lisa how are you both?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:57 AM   #11  

Well, thought I would take a short minute to post. I'm doing my morining routine of getting the kids ready for school. I'm not OP at the moment, but I did work out with a trainer yesterday and we have goals set up for me. It felt good yesterday, but today I'm a little sore. I think I will not exercise today, but I will tomorrow since I have to be at the YMCA for my daughter's gymnastics class. I also have a ton of homework to catch up on.

see y'all later!

Lisa
Old 01-22-2005, 05:33 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Good Saturay morning to you!
I continue to be OP! The weekends are always a challenge for me though because the routine changes. I can also report a 5# weight loss! I am so excited! I tell you that has helped motivate me this week! Before ( I weigh myself daily, I know I shouldn't) If I lost a # I wouldn't usually stay OP. What games I play with myself. So needless to say that in the past 2 years I have stayed at 255# And have been unhappy but obviously not working sincerely to lose weight.

Hey Lisa, I amsure that the use of teh trainer will help you stay focused. It is a challenge thopugh being a mom, student etc!

Hey Pam, Still OP?

Susan where the heck are you? I'll not let you be the only patron of Carb ****!

I'll check in tommorrow
Old 01-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I am stopping in for only a min I need to go to work. with sickness and stuff I am doing double time here. now the snow. Carb **** is here and so is the drought. I am inspired from all of you and will get back to s\where I was so good and reigned queen. I am not queen Nasus for nothing!! Hang on girls after this weekend I will be on top of the world> But for today and having to go to work and pull 12 - 16 hours on my feet today after being up all day I am going to eat my carbs. Hey doent that count for exercise????
Old 01-23-2005, 05:56 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

SUe!!! Carb **** sucks! Doubles suck! The weather sucks!

You were the reigning OP Goddess for longer than I can count! HAIL to the Queen

It's really teh mental stuff. I am reading this month's OPRAH mag. She discusses what her moment of clarity was. ANd when I see her now, I think I want what she has. She talked about the games that she played w/ herself and how she overcame them. She ranks exercise the same as taking a bath. It just needs to be done daily. "JUST DO IT".

For me the reality is that I can't eat whatever I want. I can't wish the weight away. I have been wishing for 2 years to weigh less. I wished that I would eat better and I wished that I would exercise. I wished there was less stress in my life. 2 years later here I sit, Nothing changed so nothing changed.

Last week I made some changes and lo and behold the scale moved. Hmmm.. could there be a connection? Was it easy? No, but it was very satisfing to see that scale move!

I stayed OP yesterday, a miracle.

Pam and Lisa how are you?

Sue, you can do it, I have the duct tape and whatever else is needed! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 02:04 AM   #15  
gbo

Darlins....I am 18 day's Op and doing fine although, I over did the calories by a couple hundred yesterday and didn't realize until later. I probably went the 1500 instead of my goal of 1000 to 1200 max. Still, it was a very hungry day so I shall live and not beat myself up to much. I made a Low Carb beef soup tonight with celery, mushrooms and a bit of green onions and really enjoyed it as it is so cold today. 75 degrees yeasterday and 45 today. Last Night the wind whipped around the house sounding nearly like a womans scream. It even sounded cold. Winter dropped in to remind us that she is not done with us yet! Personally I think the lady is desperate as Spring keeps intruding on her time. I understand only to well the games we play with our own minds. I spent a lifetime playing them. It is a new day and a fresh start is a great thing. Hang tough. Pat it is time to get real. I knew I was ready to begin again when I dreamed a personal trainer came to my house with lots of exercise equiptment and I was so thrilled but then Dr. Phil walked through the door and said I hear you need some help. Well, girls in my Dream I fell down on my knees raised my hands in the air and shouted thank You God!!!! It was then I knew I was truly ready to start over!!! LOL... I really did dream that! Love Ya.
Pam
Closed Thread