Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 05:21 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #54 Shorts weather is coming

Good morning all.
How goes it for everyone? What a glorious weekend we had here. The weather was quite spring like and no rain. Although that is coming today. Been very quiet here! Been so so eating . Back to work today which is always easier to get OP. Been thinnking that 2 months has gone by. No movement on teh scale and I was to be well on my way to losing 100#. But to be honest I also haven't been consisitant in my efforts.
Today at work we are having a wellness lunch geared to promting wellness at the agency.

Hey guys check in!
Old 03-02-2004, 11:21 PM   #2  

I have been on the run with the gym and time with the kids and shopping with mom so i have been mostly popping in to read the posts and not posting as much but i will post more tommorow!
Old 03-03-2004, 05:44 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Nice to see you Julie! Life just seems to get busier all the time.
Still OP for me. Didn't get the 2nd liter of water in though. oops had a little cupcake yesterday. At a meeting. Again letting change interfere with the plan. Had our wellness meeting yesterday and had a great turnout. Hopfully we can build on that.

Hello everyone else
Old 03-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #4  

yes life does seem to get very busy and next week i dont even know if i will post for a few days since mom is having her surgery on monday and comming home to stay with me for a few days after so i will be taking care of her. I have been doing good at going to the gym and doing my cardio and i start lower body workouts tommorow. Its getting more comfortable going to the gym and not so intimidating. Where is everyone else??
Old 03-04-2004, 05:32 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Julie Way to go. I think that one thing that helps people be succesful is varying their workout. I agree that the gym can be intimidating. You are doing awesome! Yes next week will be hectic . I am sure that your mom will do fine!

Yes where is everyone???

Bunna, Sue Dana? Pam, Melody, Kina?
Oh, I am doing ok food wise, did better with the water yesterday.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:14 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

My goodness where did everybody go? The bus is so quiet. Well still doing OK food wise. I can even report a lossof 1 pound!
I was thinking teh other day after our wellness luch @ work that for me "treating" my obesity by diet and exercise( well I at least think about it) maybe just treating the symtoms of the real issue. And the real issue may be for me the way I handle my stress. And if I really tried to learn new habits that the weight might be easier to battle. Well I am thinking on it!

How teh heck has everyone else's week gone?

Bunna how goes the eating and curves?
Sue I hope you are not battling computer woes again.
Kina I hope you find us again.
Julie, Good luck next week

Pam, Dana I hope you are feeling better
Old 03-05-2004, 09:50 AM   #7  

Pat are we the only ladies left on the bus or are they all asleep? I did my lower body work out and I feel great! I had some sugar free peppermint patties last night cause I had some calories left over and my cousin told me that they would help with the side effect i get from low carb diet of.....how do I say it politely... sluggish bowels? But they actaully tasted pretty good! And i ate 4 of them not the whole bag! Down to 183 today! 13 more lbs and i have lost half my body weight.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:40 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I have a hard time trying to fit the computer time into the daily schedule some one is usally on the puter when I have any time and it is a hassel. BUT I will start spending time on my lunch checking in as I now have the internet on the puter at work!!! And I just bought me a lapt top. I am on that now but am having a hard time getting used the the squishced keys and I am trying to go tobed as one of the night nurses was found dead in her house yesterday so I am covering. I can not complain gosh she really had an excuse!!! I am still in shock I kow whe was older but not that old. well she was retirement age but still

I have been OP every day except today I went to friendlies and had frenchfries with my sandwhich and my icecream sunday when I was done. but It is all the bad things I have had in any quanity for over 2 months!!

I am almost down 20 lbs from the first of the year. just 2 lba shy of that so not bad. I feel so much better.

I did not make the gym much this weel as i did way to much on suncday my feet still hurt. but I will be making up for it this week!!!

Well I got the puter working on the internet so I can go and lay down!!!
Old 03-06-2004, 06:43 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

Julie I take potassium and magnesium supplements and they magnesium is wonderful for not letting me get plugged. the yorks have sugar alcohols that will not be absorbed by the bowles and that causes the looser or loosening of the bowels. if it works but watch that they may trigger cravings if you do too much of them
Old 03-07-2004, 12:13 AM   #10  

Good day ladies! I had a super workout at the gym today and went to lunch with the family and all in all had a good day. I am very careful with any sweets in the diet and so far it has not caused a craving cause i know that eating a trigger food is not a fun experience. I just wished that i could find something that would keep me regular since i eat alot of fiber foods and that still doesnt do it for me.
Although i seem to have a harder time when i am in certain weeks of my birthcontrol pills so i think some of it might be hormonal.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:06 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Good morning all!!

Well Sue you are doing great 20#??? Good for you. You must be getting into some clothes again.

ANd Julie that is an awesome milestone!! 1/2 your weight. You must be so excited.

I am loooking into this stress thing. for me. And looking into what I might be doing to keep myself fat. Sue your 20 # really got me thinking this weekend. I can say that I lost 1 # and it has taken me 2 months to do that. While I can at least say that I stopped putting the weight beack on and my clothes are looser. I sure did want a few more pounds off.

Where teh heck is everyone else? Bunna, Kina Dana??
Kina Melody ??

We are also a pretty nice group to hang with, so lurkers are welcome.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:59 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

Hey all,
I can proudly report that I have been OP. Actually say the other side of 255#. I am at 254# . I have been lurking at 255 for so long that it was very frustrating. But it moved!

How is everyone else doing?
Julie I hope your mom is doing OK. ANd that they were able to do the less invasive procedure.
Sue you are doing awesome with the weight loss!
Bunna , I hope things are going well with you.

Dana, I hope by now that you are through with teh medical testing and on your way to feeling better.

Kina I fear you are lost. Pam and melody how are you. If you are lurking stop by for a few!

Trying to get more honest with myself. And put more effort into me!
Old 03-11-2004, 04:50 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

My gosh where is everyone?
Well I can report anither OP day. Been battling some mental cravings. But I have been able to reason with myself. Can't seem to get going on the exercise though. I am hoping for some warm days and maybe I'll walk at work.

I hope everyone else is doing OK
Check in when you can!
Old 03-11-2004, 10:33 AM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

Not Op today but I am still haning in there. I have officially went down to the 20 lb mark twice so that is good.

Julie try taking 400 to 800 mg of magneium daily it will solv the constipation problem.

I have been very busy and am starting to pop in for a few min while here at work. so I am brief as I have no time at home any more even with a new lap top. I am trying to figure it out. (new to me lap top) I do not have good reception for my wireless connection in my house. but I am learning.

Pat if the clothes are fitting better but the sclae is bearly moving that is a good sign that the weight is shifting. I know nothing makes you feel better than seeing the scale move.

Well I must run I was almost caught.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:35 AM   #15  
Work in Progress

Hey all
WAy to go SUe!!! That is awseome and inspiring. When will the pace slow for us? My goodness.

I am still OP even got all my water in yesterday. Dealing with personal problems at work. They are very upsetting and draining.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

have a great weekend
Closed Thread