Old 01-21-2005, 10:55 AM   #16  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies....

Just fixed me and the boys a snack... Just wanted to stop in and say HI!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I tell you the weather is so beautiful here today!

I'm gonna open up the house and we are gonna run around outside for a bit

Deana, Gretchen and Melissa... Hi out there
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!

Sounds like you've all been busy today so far. I had a hard time getting my body to wake up, Taylor woke me up screaming at the top of her lungs today lol she was just trying to wake me up, but woke up Teagan in the process...oh well kids will be kids. Hey quick question, did anyones baby stop taking a nap around 1 year old? Teagan hasn't napped for a number of months, she stays up til 6 which is when we put her to bed and she sleeps til 7 am (yeah I'm lucky lol) I was just curious if anyone elses children just decided to stop napping around that age. I actually love that she stays up I get more cuddle time since I don't get to put her to bed at night I cherish the days that we spend together.

So I'm gonna do at least 30 minutes on my Gazelle today plus the challenge lunges. I going to have some oatmeal for breakfast and who knows what I'm having the rest of the day...I must admit that I didn't eat nearly enough yesterday but I just didn't have an appetite, I had a horrible sour stomach for some reason and it really turned me off to think of eating but so far my tummy feels okay today. I drank lots of water yesterday so hopefully it won't turn sour on me again.

Mel have I ever told you you're my heeerooooooo...(in my best bette midler voice)...you're everything I would like to beeeeee........and I can fly higher than an eaglleeeeeee.....cuz you are the wind beneath my wiiiinnnggggsssss!! You are a workout FREAK!!! I'm so inspired!

Penny I hope your household gets to feeling better! Sorry I had to bail on chat last night, I had a ton of paperwork to do once the restaurant closed last night and I'm also preparing an inventory of the hotel for taxes ugghhhh pain in my butt!

Jeniqua you are doing great girly keep up the hard work!!!

Chris, geez you've been busy!! How have you been feeling? It's been warm here lately nothing like last week! it's been mid to low 40's all week! The only bad thing are that the streets are a mess!!

Gretchen, how are you doin today girly girl?

Okay well I've gotta run and go get my exercise in and get my house cleaned and finish a paper for school. I hope you all have a great day!!
Lot's of love
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies I'm Baccckkkk!!

I just finished 30 minutes on the gazelle my leg muscles are twitching like crazy and depending on your body position you can make it have more or less resistance, I burned 275 calories! Woo hoooo and I kept a steady pace of 4 mph. I really like the gazelle and I feel like I got a good workout on it. It will probably be really easy for me to do once I get lower in weight. I took my meds before I worked out so now I have another 30 minutes to wait before I can eat. I have to take my armour thyroid on an empty stomach and wait an hour before I can eat.

Anyway, I'm gonna have a Smart Ones for dinner tonight and a grapefruit for dinner along with something else but I haven't decided what yet lol. Any Suggestions?

Hey Jeniqua thanks a lot for passing on that craving of Chimi-Cheesecake to me!! Now I'm craving one LOL but since I don't feel like driving I won't go get one lol.

Okay ladies I'm off to do an assignment!
Have a great day!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:38 PM   #19  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi everyone!
I usually have six children in school today only one! Everyone else, all the girls are sick! I have two that could have gone but I found out yesterday that their teachers also have the flu, that means just sitting at their desk coloring or something else. It's probably a good idea to keep them home one more day anyway. I'm sitting here having my chai and looking out the window. We have severe winter weather advisory today supposed to get lots of snow. It's pretty but makes getting out a hassle. Our particular street is gravel and what normally take two minutes to get to the tar road turns into like 8. But that's life in the country! I hope we never get like 3-4 ft. we'd be here awhile!

Michelle- hope your tummy feels today. I also had a baby that didn't want to nap. So I just left him up a while longer and put him to sleep earlier. He slept through the night. ? I don't know, even as children sleeping patterns can vary. I have to agree with you about Mel she's my hero too. Is that what happens when you lose weight, you have energy? Just checking!

Penny- sounds like the weather is great by you! I can't wait to open up the house and let some fresh air in!

Deana- have fun at Curves and wallyworld! TTYL

Gretchen -have fun at Curves too!

Jeniqua-Ow! Nothing more miserable than a sore tooth! Get better!

I hope everyone is having a great OP day. I felt "lighter" today and weighed in hoping for a big drop but only lost 1 lb. Hey a pound is a pound and I'll take it! Maybe this illness business is effecting something. Hope all of you challengers are doing great! I'mm not feeling too well but at least my headache is gone.

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:41 PM   #20  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Michelle-I wanted a gazelle for Christmas but we just didn't have enough money for it. I am going to get one. I think it would be great for my joints.
So far we are in the upper 30's here. It's supposed to be in the 40s. Yesterday was awesome and so warm...

Melissa-Are SB's hard to use? Maybe I'll borrow my brother's before I go buy one to see if I'll be able to use it. I'm not sure what my back's problem is...whethere its just weak or if its also affected by RA. It doesn't feel like I can round it up all the way. LIke I have a flat spot.

Jeniqua-Hey girl! How's your family and husband? Is he feeling better? Are you getting that exercise in? Nice to see you posting again.

Gretchen-I'm sorry.... So anyhow, Sorry you're having a rough time with Jeremy's school. My 2 brother's are ADD too. My mom never liked the drugs for it. My younger brother takes some natural pills everyday and let me tell you-It helps him out alot without dragging him down like ritalin.

Penny-I betcha fresh air will fill so good after the kiddos were sick. Have fun out there!~

Okay gotta go. The gal is here to measure our rooms for our NEW carpet. I am sooo excited. Yes I'll get my lunges in and then I'll be painting again.
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #21  
soontobethin

Hi, everone.
I guess I just miss everything since I don't get to post in the evenings right now. Oh well. No exercise today. I had to take RJ to the dr. He woke up screaming running down the hall. His ear hurt, took him to the dr, and tada, ear infection. He is sleeping right now, poor guy.
Welcome, Tabitha and Gretchen. I am Ricci semi sahm to two boys Eric 6 and RJ 2. I am going to school at night, and have reached my goal weight. The women here are terrific, and a great support group on anything. I hope everyone is doing well on the challenge. I haven't had a chance to get to the site and check it out, but it sounds like you all are doing ABSOULUTLY FABULOUS!! Keep up the good work everyone.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:19 PM   #22  

Hey Michelle! Great job on the workout girlie. SO proud of you. BTW, don't quit your day job for a singing career. lol. just kidding. I haven't workout YET. I have been up and down my stairs a billion times cleaning and organizing. My whole up stairs is done. That's 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. Except for vaccumming which I couldn't do, because bugga is asleep on the floor in the living room. Pretty soon, you'll be a workout freak too. then will have to get matching shirts..lol.. lame I know.

Roxy, sounds yucky by you. Here it is about 8 degrees and windy, and that's cold for us. Sorry to hear about the sickie girls. You are right though, one more day might help prevent another 5 days off. There resistance is low. btw, I wanted to compliment you one more time on how you have answered many questions about children and such around here. You have a very nice way of stating things. I'm sure you have learned through trial and error how to deal with many issues that come up. Hats off to ya!

Chris, the sb is easy to use and may help you. It may feel harder to do the crunch, but easier on the back. It's a give and take type situation. Try it out and see. I use it at the gym for many different exercises. Even push ups . Which is hard. bcause you are trying to keep your legs balanced on the ball and the whole upper body forward moving up and down in a push up. Makes for an exciting workout though. I have so many choices that I don't get bored too easy. Hope this helps you out.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #23  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies.....

Well ... no my house isn't clean .....

I forgot it was our weekend to clean the church so I had to go there this morning and then Nicholas had speech... So I am just now getting back in and leaving out in 30 to get Hunter.....

So much for STAY AT HOME.. Mom huh?

Anyhow, someone had mentioned to me yesterday that they wanna change the name to include weight loss....

I was thinking .... what about HOUSEWIVES DESPERATE TO LOSE WEIGHT

Not sure if anyone else has any suggestions or not

Mel,
Sorry I missed your call. Hope you get your house clean and exercise in!

Michelle,
Where the heck are you putting this home gym you are building????
Glad you like the Gazelle!

Ricci,
Sorry to hear about RJ Poor guy!

Chris,
The new carpet sounds awesome! I am so excited for you!
Have fun painting!

Roxy,
Sorry the kids are still sick! Congrats on the loss! Yep A pound is a pound... It'll be down more soon!

I am thinking about letting tonight be my cheat night.... We are celebrating my nephew's bday tonight at our fav. pizza place...

I'm thinking maybe water, a salad and then I can eat some pizza... and I won't be that hungry... Hey.... I'm trying

Well Have a wonderful day! TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #24  
2BoysMom

Wow...so I'm busy for a few days and I miss all the excitement .

At work skimming posts... Gretchen...you're just a baby... I'm 41 ( EEEKS! when did that happen???).

Great pic Roxy...love to put faces with names...I'm over on the other site. We're supposed to get 6-12" of snow tonight into tomorrow morning... yeah, I don't have to drive anywhere...should go grocery shopping but I'll wait until the snow is cleared out .

Sorry we sent the chilly air out east but it's nice to be able to get out of the house again.

Hi to everyone else...you who are challenging are doing a great job! Gotta get back to work!!

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #25  
2BoysMom

Ooops...Michelle...I keep forgetting to ask... is your potty training all done? I think so, but wanted to ask. Will's doing great and it took less than 2 weeks ( I thought he would poop in his underwear for the rest of his life because he just wasn't getting it ) Life is good!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #26  
a.k.a. Roxy

Afternoon all!
In a few minutes I out to rescue the one lonely school kid from the blizzard! But I'll chat a mo.

Chris!! I recieved your package!! Thank you, Thank you! You are such a sweetie. Love it! Awww! You're so nice to think of us, girlies were so excited!

Geri- I don't know, but I think we have that same system of weather coming!

Penny-have a fun cheat night, mine's Sunday eve. I relax a little bit. Did ya ever try the chai? Stash makes a great one too!

Mel-Thanks for the compliment, the benefits of been there, done that. You are also my hero and I promise I won't sing to ya.

I know there are all of you other moms I didn't say hi to but will bbl to get personal. ta-ta

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #27  
Jeniqua

Hey ladies !! I am back from my Dr's appointment. I finally have some meds to kick this tootache to the curb..WOO HOO !! When the nurse went to weigh me she told me it looked like I had lost some weight! I was really happy because that means it's noticable and that all this hard work is worth it. When I got on the scale sure enough, I was down from my last visit . That really made my day. At 6pm I am going to a scrapbooking party. I am really looking forward to it. They are going to have lots of goodies there but thankfully for me I can't eat anything. So, I know I'll behave myself .

Mel~You are too funny ! I must admit you made me laugh. Thanks, I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine: therefore I am cured . I think that's just what the dr. ordered.

Penny~ THANK YOU SOOO MUCH... for the get well vibes. I am well on my way to being toothache free. I made an appointment to see the dentist. Hopefully I can get this tooth straightened out. How are your boys feeling?? I must admit too I am jealous. You get to open your windows and let all the fresh air in !! I would love to trade places with you right now. It's only 0 dergrees here.

Chris~ DH is doing much better! He's actually been taking care of me this week . When he's home he won't let me lift a finger(I guess it does pay to be sick sometimes) I haven't been to the gym much because I have to walk and it's freezing . On top of that my tooth can't take the cold right now. I have been exercising at home though. I hope to be back at the gym and in full swing by Monday .

Roxy~ Hello!! A pound ! That's great..I'm like you, I'll take any weight loss I can get. It's better to have it come off slow and healthy than have it come off fast only to gain it all back again. This is a permanent lifestyle for us. Keep up the great job! I hope your kids are feeling better soon...(((((HUGS)))))

Michelle~ I'm sorry..But you know what?? When I can eat I'm going to make that low fat cobbler recipe you gave me . That should help with my craving. I can do this... I can do this... !!

I hope I didn't forget anyone..

Where's Jill~ Jill come out come out wherever you are!!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY

Well I will probably be back in to say hello in the morning. Everyone have a great night

BTW, I think we all deserve a group hug
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:56 PM   #28  
Jeniqua

So Everyone...
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Ack, I just posted a long message and lost the dumb thing before I posted! Geez.
Well, I lost 1.2 lbs this week. I'm happy to keep it around 1-2 lbs per week.

Michelle- how's your stomach feeling now? I guess you like the gazelle, huh?
Jeniqua - I hope your toothache goes away real soon.
Roxy - 1 lb! Yay! Just remember it's good to have a steady loss. I hope the kids feel better soon.
Melissa- you are a workout phenom! I admire your dedication.

Well, I'll talk to everyone else tomorrow.
Good night!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:47 PM   #30  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Roxy-So happy you got the stuff! Trust me, there is more where that came from. If you can't use some of the clothes just give them to someone who can. Don't you just love that pattern. That doll is a cute one. I have another one that I'm going to send you but didn't have time to copy it off yet. I'll have to get on that one.

Jeniqua-Glad you got some meds for your toothache. Toothaches have got to be the worst.

Chubba-Did you utter the naughty "potty training" words? I have a stubborn little one. If you have any good tips for this potty training thing, PLEASE let me in on them....

Okay back to helping the hubby. Other than grout and some stain...the fireplace is done. It looks so awesome. Next is sanding the sheetrock mud and then its painting down here in the family room. Guess what I'll be doing tonight?

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote