Old 01-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #16  
Lisa

Talking I'm here!

Hello all!

Lucky emailed me and told me about the new thread, I just haven't had a single minute to myself to check it out until now.

So much new here that I won't take the time to say a whole lot. Just wanted to pop in and say "hey" to everyone.

Lucky, are ya glad that it's not going to be as cold as it was last week?! It was -36.4* AIR TEMP, NOT wind chill, when I got up the one moring . We got about 6-7" of snow last night, though it's hard to tell with all the drifting. I'm sure ready for spring!!!!

Sorry that's all I have time for right now, gotta go scrap Have a wonderful weekend!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:13 PM   #17  
Hang In There

I don't want to rub it in, but yesterday was top down weather here in Dallas.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:17 PM   #18  

Wink

BarbG: Your NOT nice!!!! Wanna come up and visit?????

Lisa: It is good to see you post. I miss you. Us "cold" state people have to stick together!!!

We got the 6 inches of snow here too. When they came to plow today I was a wreck watching. He drove like a maniac. Zoom forward, zoom backwards - DON'T look where you are going!!!!

Well, when he went over to my brothers he drove into his fire pit!!!! That will teach him - my brother had to pull him out!!!!

I am so happy the wind has quit - for now. I really hate that sound !

I shouldn't complain - I watched an Oprah show today with one of the Tsunami survivors - cried through most of it. I hate the wind here and there it was 2 to 3 times faster.

Well, one more day before the challange starts. Is everyone ready?????
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:46 AM   #19  
a work in progress...

Default bio

DATE -1/22/05 (weird...I did this a year ago to the day! I may have to make a few modifications!)

USER NAME -Katrinabgood

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -Katrina was a nickname at work, but it was taken here, so I added "b," (initial of a pet name dh gave me) ...THAT was taken...so I added "good," Like Johnny B Goode? Whatever.

REAL NAME -Kathleen

AGE -47..but so much less mature than those numbers would have you believe!

BIRTHDATE -7/3/57

WHERE YOU LIVE - NJ...the Garden State. Where the Sopranos live. Where Bruce Springsteen lives...(here, in this county as a matter of fact!) Home of the Miss America Pagaent. Where the Statue of Liberty is REALLY located.

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -Dan "the Man," aka "Thong Boy" to Lucky

ANNIVERSARY -7/30/83~ 21+ years of marital bliss...

KIDS -2: daughter, 19, in her second year of college... son, my baby, is going to be 14 in Feb. next month. *sob*

PETS - a big, dumb, sweet chocolate Lab named Molly. I think she's getting a little senile!

OCCUPATION -Hospital unit secretary, night shift

STARTING WEIGHT -which time? Since I'm starting AGAIN, I'll use today's numbers...gulp...270.5...I'm almost at my all time high of 274...**when I first posted this bio, a year ago, I was 267 I'm ashamed to admit...

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Weight Watchers...FOR REAL THIS TIME!

FAV. EXERCISE(S) -Walking, hiking, biking, swimming

FAV. NO-NO FOODS -Cookies, ice cream, chocolate.

FAV.BOOK(S) -So many! Patricia Cornwell, Stephen King, John Irving, Maeve Binchy, are some of my favorite authors. All of the Harry Potter books, Little Women, Gone With the Wind, Kathryn, by Anya Seton...so many more...

FAV. MOVIE(S) -In no particular order, these are movies I have watched many, many times and never tire of: Young Frankenstein, The Princess Bride, A League of Theiir Own, Dogma, Fargo, Casablanca, Forrest Gump, Gone With the Wind, Ghost, The Birdcage...

FAV. SONG(S) - Maggie May, Imagine, If Tomorrow Never Comes, most Beatles songs, most Springsteen songs...Depends upon my mood... I rarely have the TV on during the day, I put music on instead...I can be found listening to rock, country, Broadway show tunes, Irish music, blues, classical, even Gregorian Chant!

FAV. QUOTE -"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:21 AM   #20  
a work in progress...

Good Morning all!

Believe it or not, IT'S STILL SNOWING HERE! Dh is staying at work, he's not even going to try to get home. That leaves sonny boy and I to shovel all the white stuff! There must be two feet of snow out there waiting for us. I know you Southern gals are jealous! I guess we'll wait a little bit before we crank up the snow blower...give the neighborhood a chance to have their coffee. Heck, give ME a chance to have MY coffee!

Speaking of which...it's done....I'll be back!

HI LISA! Welcome aboard!!
Old 01-23-2005, 11:09 AM   #21  

Good morning all. I am glad to read that everyone is doing well.

SouthernGal: Good job making all of the right choices. Chik fil A is a tough one to turn down. But, doing it is going to pay off for you in the end. I am the same as you -I am a sucker for fast food. I never was much of a snacker per say, unless you count a BK cheesburger a "snack". Well, I guess compared to the other meals I used to eat a cheesburger was relatively small. Ugh - I can't even think about that now (and by now I mean THIS second. I'm sure to have a craving or two before this is all over!).

Katrina: Well, I've seen the pictures of all of the snow you've gotten and it looks beautiful to me. I bet it isn't as pretty when you are actually buried in it. Spring is just around the corner though. What is funny is that if we get so much as a flurry down here, even if some of it sticks, it melts on the roads and turns to ice and the whole city has to shut down. Of course, it is cheaper to close everything down than it is to maintain the kind of equipment the state would need to clear the roads once every 2 years or so. But let me tell you, when the weatherman predicts ice you can't buy a loaf of bread within a 60 mile radius. People just rush out and stock up on necessities like a REAL blizzard is on the way. And 9 times out of ten the weatherman is wrong and everyone has to go to work the next day anyway. I bet homemade soup and bread really hit the spot with all of that snow coming down. And don't fool yourself - bread machine bread IS homemade. At least around my house it is! I assume your son made it home okay. I bet that is scary having kids out an about in weather like that.

Lucky: First of all, there aren't many episodes of Oprah that I don't cry through. I just think she is the greatest. I hope the sun finally stuck its head out for you. How did cleaning and organizing go for you? I need so desperately to do that myself but just can't motivate myself to do it. I don't remember where I saw it but I read a saying the other day that was, "Housework is like trying to thread beads on a string that doesn't have a knot tied in it" Oh, it is so true around here. I've said to Greg many of times that working was so much easier because I could at least make a to do list and cross things off as the day went by. Being at home is 24 hours of non stop laundry, picking up, cooking, etc. And that is with the kids and DH pitching in! I've always been the domestic type though so I don't mind it too much - it just gets daunting every now and then.

Chrily: Are you guys building a house or remodeling one? We built our first house and I really enjoyed the experience. We outgrew that one pretty soon after the twins were born though and bought a new one about a year ago. This one was built in 1990. It was so strange moving into a home that someone else has lived in but the floorplan was exactly what we wanted and was cheaper to buy the existing house than it was to build it from the ground up. Plus the lot is really big and all of the landscaping is mature. We've had lots of really beautiful new subdivisions being built in this area but they put these monster sized houses on such little lots. I swear, some of the houses we looked at I could have stuck my head out of the bathroom window and licked the neighbors brick! So, we bought this one and are just making some cosmetic changes. We've had the downstairs painting done and gotten new countertops. Our next project will be the floors downstairs. I haven't really figured out what I want though so we aren't in any hurry. I am leaning towards brick pavers or scored concrete or some sort of stone. Right now we have hardwood floors everywhere except for the kitchen so we may just refinish those and add it in the kitchen too. But, with small children, we aren't going to put any money into flooring until what we have is worn flat out. I figure, these floors will take a real beating over the next several years so no sense updating it now.

Skittles: No, I haven't heard the new DD album but have heard a few songs from it. It sounds good. I don't really keep up with them anymore but still like their stuff. I never saw them in concert either. But, Powerstation played here and my friends and I did see that. It was a really good show. A friend of mine actually got to go backstage and meet them all and came back with some awesome pictures. I came across them the other day while cleaning out some old boxes. Oh, and I was a JT gal myself. So, where did you move to Wisconsin from? I hated unpacking when we moved but packing was the worst part for me. I had no idea we had so much STUFF. Everytime I would think I was about through with a room I'd find another cabinet or something that I had missed. I am really glad that is over. And short of Greg getting transferred I don't plan on going through that again!

ljs1223: Welcome, welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Ageoldie: Ah, go ahead, rub it in. I am sure it will come back to us this summer when we are sweltering in 110 degree heat! I am glad to know that my convertable days are not behind me. I didn't have a convertable but did drive a sweet little sports car before I got married. Of course, it has since been traded in for the mom standard mini van - somehow it just isn't as sexy, you know? Oh well, 18 or so more years and I'll be back in the market for something with a little more "zoom".

I know I've done well in terms of eating and exercising this week but I just have that feeling that tomorrow's weigh in isn't going to show it. I know that happens sometimes so I am not worried about it. If anything it will just boost my determination for our challenge. I don't know what is wrong with me. I've just sort of lost my appetite here lately. I've actually had to struggle and make myself eat and I still am just barely hitting 1100 calories or so. I never thought I would see the day that I would be worried about not eating ENOUGH. I wonder if it isn't just that I've hit the point where my body has adjusted to the plan I've been following (counting calories, eating healthier) and it isn't so much that I've LOST my appetite but more like my appetite has become NORMAL. I do know that I need to start drinking more water. That is one reason I'm not expecting spectacular results tomorrow. I've barely had anything but diet coke all week and I can tell I'm feeling a little bloated from it.

Okay, I have a request. I am trying to plan my menu for this week and I have just hit a wall. I'm tired of making the same stuff over and over. If anybody has any healthy main course recipes will you share them with me? I need new ideas and if they are kid friendly, even better.

Y'all have a great day and get geared up for our challenge tomorrow! I just know we are all going to do GREAT!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:25 PM   #22  

Smile Bio's

Please check yours out to make sure while copying and pasting I didn't "turn you into someone else"

DATE -01-18-05
USER NAME -Chrily
REAL NAME -Christina (Chris for short)
AGE -33
BIRTHDATE -April 11
WHERE YOU LIVE -Billings, Montana
SIGNIFICANT OTHER -Kelly, husband of 6 yrs.
KIDS -Tiana, 11 yrs. Kayla, 5 yrs. Nicole, 2 yrs.
PETS -4 cats....George (aka Teddy Bundy), Kitty, Sara, and Junior
OCCUPATION -stay at home mom
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - WW
FAV. EXERCISE(S) -Walk away the Pounds tapes.
FAV. NO-NO FOODS -Cheesecake and French fries...and Pringles
FAV.BOOK(S) -Self-help books, Dean Koontz, and Mysteries
FAV. MOVIE(S) -Seven, Meet the Parents, Titanic
FAV. SONG(S) - Draw me Close (Contemp. Christian Song), God Bless the Broken Road (Rascal Flatts) Invisible (Clay Aiken)
FAV. QUOTE -
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE -I have rheumatoid arthritis and suffer from depression/ anxiety. I love to scrapbook (not so good at it though)/like to sew/love to read/love animals.

Date: January 18, 2005
USER NAME -jawsmom
REAL NAME -Tricia
AGE -35, soon to be 36
BIRTHDATE -February 27
WHERE YOU LIVE -Mississippi
SIGNIFICANT OTHER -married 9 years to my high school sweetheart and couldn't be happier.
KIDS -3, oldest son is 6, younges son and daughter are 4
PETS -Sweetie Pie, our rescued "mutt"
OCCUPATION -I have been at home with the kids for about 2 years now. Prior to that I was an accounting/finance manager for a cellular company (about 12 years). I left in the midst of a merger that would have required me to move to El Paso so I accepted a severance package instead and haven't looked back since. My husband is an engineer for the same company.
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Counting calories and trying to make healthy food choices all around.
FAV. EXERCISE(S) - People have favorite excercises? Hmmm, who would have thought? I don't have any favorites really, but I do like some more than others - I do not like running - I am too distracted by all of the jiggling that takes place. I guess if I'd have to choose, dancing around the house like an idiot would be my current favorite. It gets my heart rate up and entertains the kids at the same time so I feel like I am killing two birds with one stone. I do enjoy walking but don't often get to do it alone. You don't really burn enough calories to matter if you have to stop along the way and look at every flower, pick up every rock, and try to catch every critter that crosses your path. But, it is quality time with the children so I guess it strengthens my heart in an even more important way.
FAV. NO-NO FOODS - I am a sucker for the salty/sweet combo.
FAV.BOOK(S) - I loved Circle of Friends. Unfortunately, I don't get to read as often as I would like - unless you count Dr. Suess.
FAV. MOVIE(S) - That's a tough one. If it makes me laugh, or cry, or scares me, I like it. The most recent one I've seen and enjoyed is Napoleon Dynomite - but I wouldn't say it is a favorite.
FAV. SONG(S) - I don't know that I have a favorite song but if I had to choose a favorite artist I would probably say Todd Snider.
FAV. QUOTE - What goes up must come down - assuming that refers to my weight, of course.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE: - 3FC is the only forum I've ever participated in. I've lurked plenty of places but have never been moved to actually join in. I am really thankful for having come across the site and for all of the immediate support and friendship that has been extended to me. I am in absolute awe of everyone who continues to put so much effort into bettering themselves. Every post I've read has truly been an inspiration.

DATE -1/22/05 (weird...I did this a year ago to the day! I may have to make a few modifications!)
USER NAME -Katrinabgood
SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -Katrina was a nickname at work, but it was taken here, so I added "b," (initial of a pet name dh gave me) ...THAT was taken...so I added "good," Like Johnny B Goode? Whatever.
REAL NAME -Kathleen
AGE -47..but so much less mature than those numbers would have you believe!
BIRTHDATE -7/3/57
WHERE YOU LIVE - NJ...the Garden State. Where the Sopranos live. Where Bruce Springsteen lives...(here, in this county as a matter of fact!) Home of the Miss America Pagaent. Where the Statue of Liberty is REALLY located.
SIGNIFICANT OTHER -Dan "the Man," aka "Thong Boy" to Lucky
ANNIVERSARY -7/30/83~ 21+ years of marital bliss...
KIDS -2: daughter, 19, in her second year of college... son, my baby, is going to be 14 in Feb. next month. *sob*
PETS - a big, dumb, sweet chocolate Lab named Molly. I think she's getting a little senile!
OCCUPATION -Hospital unit secretary, night shift
STARTING WEIGHT -which time? Since I'm starting AGAIN, I'll use today's numbers...gulp...270.5...I'm almost at my all time high of 274...**when I first posted this bio, a year ago, I was 267 I'm ashamed to admit...
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Weight Watchers...FOR REAL THIS TIME!
FAV. EXERCISE(S) -Walking, hiking, biking, swimming
FAV. NO-NO FOODS -Cookies, ice cream, chocolate.
FAV.BOOK(S) -So many! Patricia Cornwell, Stephen King, John Irving, Maeve Binchy, are some of my favorite authors. All of the Harry Potter books, Little Women, Gone With the Wind, Kathryn, by Anya Seton...so many more...
FAV. MOVIE(S) -In no particular order, these are movies I have watched many, many times and never tire of: Young Frankenstein, The Princess Bride, A League of Theiir Own, Dogma, Fargo, Casablanca, Forrest Gump, Gone With the Wind, Ghost, The Birdcage...
FAV. SONG(S) - Maggie May, Imagine, If Tomorrow Never Comes, most Beatles songs, most Springsteen songs...Depends upon my mood... I rarely have the TV on during the day, I put music on instead...I can be found listening to rock, country, Broadway show tunes, Irish music, blues, classical, even Gregorian Chant!
FAV. QUOTE -"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

DATE - January 18, 2005
USER NAME -LuckyLadyBug
AGE -53
BIRTHDATE -April 8th
WHERE YOU LIVE -Minnesota
SIGNIFICANT OTHER -Looking for him
KIDS -None
PETS -Dusty my arrogant cat
OCCUPATION -I work for a bonding company
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - ???? Varies
FAV. EXERCISE(S) - ??
FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Would take up too much space.
FAV.BOOK(S) - Discover the Power Within You
FAV. MOVIE(S) - Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
FAV. SONG(S) - Imagine
FAV. QUOTE - It’s only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on
earth – and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up – that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had. By: Elisabeth Kubler Ross

DATE - 1/19/2004
USER NAME - qsilver
REAL NAME - Andria
AGE - 38
BIRTHDATE - 09/15/1966
WHERE YOU LIVE - Virgin, Utah
SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Tony
KIDS - 2
PETS - 1 dog (Jewel), 3 cats (Monster, Meow Yen, and Delilah), 2 fish and 1 turtle.
OCCUPATION - Night watch at a Youth Treatment Facility, assignment writer, home-based business, soon to be returning student, mom.
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Decision Weight Loss
FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Curves and walking
FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Wow, ummm... cheesecake tops that list, but there are so many others!
FAV.BOOK(S) - Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, Beauty by Robin McKinley, and I'm really enjoying reading books by Nicholas Sparks lately. Also in love with The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Actually like that one enough to have gone to a ton of trouble to find everything in hardback. Tony even found two first editions for me!
FAV. MOVIE(S) - Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, Fried Green Tomatoes, It's A Wonderful Life, and the list goes on...
FAV. SONG(S) - The Promise by When In Rome, Whisper to a Scream by Icicle Works, about anything Annie Lennox or Gwen Stefani sing... again, the list goes on, but you do see a lot of 80's stuff in there.
FAV. QUOTE - It all comes out in the wash.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE - My biggest fear right now is that I will falter in my diet and gain back everything. Right now I am on the edge of finally making it below a weight I haven't seen in 14 years.

DATE - 1-20-05
USER NAME - Skittles
REAL NAME - Dawn
AGE - 36
BIRTHDATE - June 16
WHERE YOU LIVE - Milwaukee
SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Scott
KIDS -nope, can't have them
PETS -2 cats, Sydacious Vicious and Nummy Muffin Colcolbutter, 2 rats, Yassie and My Precious, and my betta, Fishy 2
OCCUPATION - Title Company
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Ummm, I should be following a plan? That is what I am doing wrong. I don't really have a plan yet, I should work on that.
FAV. EXERCISE(S) - You can have one of those? Ok, I like to swim, walk when my foot doesn't hurt, and I love to dance. Ok, it is not really dancing, just bouncing around to the music in a somewhat rhythmic beat. Yea right, it's just bouncing around with music playing in the background.
FAV. NO-NO FOODS - chocolate, coke, pizza, chocolate, fried crab ragoons, onion rings, chocolate.
FAV.BOOK(S) - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, she is my favorite author, then anything classical, I like Wilde, Woolf, James, Austen, I also love poetry, Dickenson, Plath, But my favorite is Charlotte Bronte, she is my kindred spirit.
FAV. MOVIE(S) - LOTR Trilogy, A Christmas Story, Hedwig & the Angry Inch, Harry Potter, Anything with Colin Firth or Bruce Campbell, I love British television and film. Love Actually was a great film.
FAV. SONG(S) - Chains by Duran Duran, What's Gonna Happen Tomorrow Duran Duran, Lonely in your Nightmare, Duran Duran, Do you see a pattern here? I listen to all kinds of music. I adore Bette Midler, Marilyn Manson, Classical, I have Andy Griffith singing gospel music, I am a versitle music lover.
FAV. QUOTE - "Look into thought and tell me what dost thou see. Dive be not fearful how dark the waves flow. Sink into the surge and bring pearls up to me. Deeper, aye deeper, the fairest lie low." Charlotte Bronte
"You are a light in a lonely dark desert that enlightens many." Tenet of Novus Spiritus
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE - I suffer from depression and anxiety, I am gemini, and I'm just a nut. I am not a trusting person, then sometimes I am a trusting person, Like I said I am Gemini. I am new to the Wisconsin area so I don't have many friends up here. So I spend a lot of my time doing the solitary things that I love, reading, painting, writing, and sleeping.

Date - January 19, 2005
User name - Southern Gal
Real name - Laura
Age - 46
Birthdate - February 26
Where you live - Georgia
Significant other - husband Dennis (we've been married 27 years!)
Kids - two boys, Rhys 15 and Drew 13
Pets - Hershey, springer spaniel and current ruler of the house, 2 classroom pet guinea pigs, Amy and Abby
Occupation - 1st grade teacher
What plan are you following - Counting calories for the most part, just trying to eat healthier
Favorite exercise - walking
Favorite no-no foods - chocolate, chocolate, and chocolate (did I mention chocolate?)
Favorite book(s) - Romance, adventure, whatever. I love to read anything by Nora Roberts, Janet Evonovich's bounty hunter series, Clive Cussler's Dirk novels. I could run out of room on this part...
Favorite movie(s) - Sweet Home Alabama, Romancing the Stone, Second Hand Lions...
Favorite song(s) - Long Black Train, Impossible, most country music...
Favorite quote - "Housework is like stringing beads on a string without a knot..." story of my life!
Anything else you would like to share - Just that I'm very happy to be part of this group! You guys are a great inspiration to me!

DATE - 1/19/2005
USER NAME - fierum
REAL NAME - Tony
AGE - 27
BIRTHDATE - 1/4/78
WHERE YOU LIVE - Lubbock, TX
SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Guess
KIDS - none
PETS - All I'm allowed is my little betta, but I'm getting a cat as soon as I switch campuses at the end of this year.
OCCUPATION - Medical student
WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - My own path, exercise combined with a diet that focuses on low fat foremost, lower carbs, higher protein, with the primary emphasis on actual calories.
FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Really don't like exercising; I do it because I know I have to. That and Andria wants me to live forever, so I'm going to try even if it kills me! That being said, my most tolerable exercise are generalized weight machines and recumbent bike cardio.
FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Cheesecake, White Castle cheeseburgers.
FAV.BOOK(S) - Used to be a big fan of David Eddings, sadly I have no time to read for leisure anymore.
FAV. MOVIE(S) - Don Juan DeMarco, Love/Actually, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.
FAV. SONG(S) - "Everywhere" - Michelle Branch, "Favorite" - Liz Phair, "Wicked Game" - Chris Isaak.
FAV. QUOTE - "Tony is just a troublemaking know-it-all." -- Paraphrased from a 3FC PM to Andria, credit withheld to protect the ignorant
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE - What else is there to share? Boy cooties, but I don't think that would be appreciated
Oh yeah. Start weight: 278, Current weight: 211, Target weight - I have no clue, I'm just going to go until I finish losing this belly.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:49 PM   #23  

Thumbs up

2 LBS IN 2 WEEKS CHALLENGE (2x2) 1/24-2/7 Starts tomorrow.

Lucky
jawsmom
Southern Gal
Kat
qsilver

Anyone else?

The sun is out!!!! A GOOD THING !!!

I got up and did some yoga stretches - I hurt myself yesterday shoveling - not to mention what it did to my fibro!!!!

Andria: Have you stayed away from your funk?

Tricia: You are so right, having a sibling having serious health issues is a good motivator. My one sister is 6 years younger than me and has had two strokes over the last year. I am no help on food - I am currently living alone so .... I do love a Taco Soup receipe I got from a WW person but the kids probably wouldn't like it since it's spicy. If I think of something I will post it.

Laura: Great job on the NON fast food!!

Chris: You are really tackeling some hard work. I admire you and your hubby doing it yourselves.

Skit: Isn't unpacking the pits - well, at least as bad as not being able to find your vehicle under al that snow. We only got about 6 inches, which is more than enough for me.

Kat:
Quote:
Believe it or not, IT'S STILL SNOWING HERE
SO SORRY!!! I don't envy you at all. Hmmm you could get all your exercise for the week done in one day - shoveling.

Well, I really want to become a pilates expert - however I have NO stomache muscles so I dug out this old bench thing I have with those elastic cord things. I think I will use that for awhile until I build up some strength. At least that is my plan at the moment!!!!

I will check in later. Off to have some more

Hey, where are the Barb's????
Old 01-23-2005, 12:58 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

Thanks, Lucky!

We just came in from shoveling/blowing/sweeping snow for the past two hours. It is absolutely beautiful outside, the sun is shining brightly and the snow is still so pristine and fluffy. I took some pictures before it gets all nasty and sloppy.

Our neighbors across the street, who never talk to anybody, are out there, snowblowing everyone's driveways! Mostly the end that gets snowed in by the plow, but the daughter would shovel it down a bit and then her dad used his heavy duty snowblower and plowed through the rest! Very nice of them! We had a pleasant conversation as I was thanking her...first time I've ever spoken to her, EVER, since we moved in, 13 years ago!

I'm going to make some Zero Point Soup (WW recipe) in a few minutes. Lots of vegetables and chicken broth. Gotta keep lunch light, since we had a hearty breakfast of pancakes and bacon! I measured every bit and counted every point and it let me tell you, it was worth all 13 points!

I'll try to think of a few of my standard healthy meals for you, Tricia...just drawing a blank at the moment! Gotta get back to you on that one!

Off to make soup...see you later.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:09 PM   #25  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gang!
Sorry, I can't begin to keep up right now, but I wanted to pop in and say hello! For those of you in the snow....I hope you are staying warm and taking it easy with the shovels. We just spent about 2 hours cleaning out our driveway and sidewalks. Luckily we have a snow blower so there isn't too much shoveling to be done. Then I took a hot bath and now we are settling in to watch the EAGLES game!

All is going ok here. I am continuing my 2x daily injections and I go in tomorrow morning for my first followup to see how I am responding to the drugs. I've been a little tired and headachy from the meds, but all in all not too bad.

Lisa --- GREAT to see you here!!!

Great Big HELLO and HUGS to all of you!!!!
xoxoxox
Barb

GO EAGLES!!!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 04:45 PM   #26  

Smile

Go WHO?????

Old 01-23-2005, 06:47 PM   #27  
a work in progress...

Exclamation You know...

the team that
JUST WON THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
that's all...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-23-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:06 PM   #28  
Hang In There

USER NAME -Ageoldie

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - It came from when we had an antique shop and our curent business was just starting. We picked the name AGE for Alvin Gumpert Enterprises and the antique shop was AGE Antiques, and the mustang parts was AGE Classic Design, we had AGE sales for DH to use for the parts and I was "assigned" ageoldie because I handled all the email and computer stuff for the antique shop. And it just stuck!

REAL NAME - Barbara

AGE -57
BIRTHDATE - 2/23

WHERE YOU LIVE - Dallas TX
SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Ole Alvin

ANNIVERSARY - 1/28/66

KIDS - DS#1,Mike age 35, DS#2 Mark age 34 GS Nathan age 6

PETS - 2 cats at home, Odie & Oliver 2 cats at work Blackie & Smokie
OCCUPATION - We own our own business selling parts for Mustangs
STARTING WEIGHT - 292

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Right now Dr Perricone's Prescription

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Water aerobics

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - COOKIES & ICE CREAM

FAV.BOOK(S) - Modern fiction

FAV. MOVIE(S) - not much of a move fan
FAV. SONG(S) - Joes Cuervo

FAV. QUOTE - All things are possible for those who believe

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - Just that I'm such awonderful, neat person and everyone should love me, but you all already knew that!!!
Old 01-23-2005, 11:15 PM   #29  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

BarbPA-at the risk of being too personal, what are you taking injections for? I was kind of curious.

Ladybug-I wanna do the 2 lb. challenge. Sign me up...

Okay gotta get the kids ready for bed. Hi all you other ladies. TTFN and I'll try to check in tomorrow but will definitely do it on Tuesday. MY husband goes back to work so I'll have more "me" time to play.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:44 AM   #30  
Binge Eater

Post How do I join?

Hi All,
I've been lurking around posting in different places without many responses and I want to join a support group (The Good LORD knows I need it). What do I need to do to join? I would really like and appreciate in encouragement offered!Thanx
jhiraqua is offline   Reply With Quote