Old 01-21-2005, 09:19 AM   #46  
I Can and I Will

hello all... i will just keep trying the ticker thingy...lol figures... Im going on vacation today... need a weekend to myself.... and i am so looking forward to it... i need to pack and get ready too...lol did alright yesterday... 3 points... u all ahve a great weekend.. i will check back on monday... take care of u !!
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Really quick here this morning. Finally got around to using the ticker I used the weight that I was when I started this journey long ago.....This helps me see where I was at......making myself know that there is no way that I want to go back there! This year I started out at 208........few weeks ago I was down 3 and yeah drum roll I am down 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk bout feeling good in my neighborhood! Snow day here so I am getting ready to go and pick up my boy from granny's and see what we can do today! Everyone have a great day!

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:12 AM   #48  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

SandyB
Faye

TO BOTH SANDYS: If you want to participate in our goal challenges, this is what I need. I think we should wait for you to give me your month goal until Feb, but I need 6 month goal and year goal. I will add your year goal to our group tickler, then every Friday, will put in how much the group has lost that week. Hopefully by the end of the year, we will be at zero.

You guys, I am so grossed out. I have told you the ongoing problems with the neighbors next door throwing food onto our deck. Also, the problem a fe months ago where I saw a rat run out from under the concrete of the garage. I went out to clean up Fortune's poo and found a dead rat right up next to the condo. I am really really rodent phobic and can't even bear to look at it let alone clean it up so am going to have to wait for Jack, but I am not happy about the fact that they are possibly up close to the house and it has to be because those scum next door drop food. I am thinking about putting a note in their mailbox telling them I found a dead rat right up next to the condo and am afraid it is because the kids or someone from their condo is throwing food onto my deck instead of putting it in the trash. I am going to tell them I am contacting the management company and letting them know what I found. What do you think? I literally can't stand thinking about going outdoors now and am going with my dd today to take dgs to Chucky Cheese.

Everyone have a great day

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #49  

Okay, wait.....Faye, you're rodent-phobic, found a dead rat, and are taking your gs to CHUCK E.CHEESE???

Sorry, that just amused the crap outta me!

I know you're a neat freak and all, love, but this time of year ALL the rodentia tries to get inside where it's warm. It's very common to have mice & rats in the walls/basement/foundation, etc. in the winter. It might not be the neighbors, might just be the weather. I'm only saying that because I know how you get all riled up about the neighbors and why instigate a fight if it's not their fault (this time! ) Then again, maybe it is their fault.....just food for thought, so to speak

Okay, this week sucked...no pounds down, and it's cuz I'm stressing about the book! I mailed out my first query to an agent today. I'll be sending more to agents and publishers in the next week. It's really nerve-wracking! And I'm eating too much and not exercising.....bad Julie!

Anyway, I"ll try to do better.........no, I WILL do better next week. Sandy, CONGRATS on your pounds down!!! It must feel so good after all you're going through right now. Keep it up!

Gotta get going....everyone have a great weekend!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #50  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All ... well as you know I am on my TOM so I didn't expect any loss but I was down a pound, I know if I was not on this stupid thing it would have been more but at least it was one ... I had 3 points yesterday.

Faye - That is really gross, I would soooooooooooo hate that...I know where you are coming from, I have had my share of careless, thoughtless, disrespectful neighbors and I feel for you, I do...hope you can nip it in the bud by going to them or leaving a letter. I always go directly to the neighbors for any problem...do not let it stew and bother you more, talk to them about it...hope you had fun with dd and dgs at lunch today...

Sandy/Gigglez - WTG on the 5 pds down this week, GREAT job !!!!!

Amanda - Glad you found the perfect wedding dress, I pulled mine out the other day and laughed at the size, size 8 !! And back then I thought that was huge!! Now I would go nuts to be a size 12!! Well now you have even more motivation, get to it Girl !!!

Julie, Sandy, Nikki and everyone !!! Have a great weekend...it is supposed to snow alot this weekend in my area, they are saying 5-8 inches so my dh and I are renting some movies tonight, going to the grocery ( not for bread and milk, ha ) and staying in for the weekend...later!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:46 PM   #51  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi gal pals,

I got 4 points yesterday - had a 30 minute walk AND 30 mins on the exercise bike! And today, I'm set for another 4 pointer - I've just got off the exercise bike - I wasn't really in the mood but I pictured my wedding dress and it really motivated me! Do you think I would be mad if I emailed the designer and asked if she had any photo's or brochures containing this dress. I haven't got a colour printer so there is no point me printing it out - so i have to keep going to her website to have a look. I think it will really help me if I have a colour picture of it (it's white & pink) that i can keep in my diet journal - real motivation!

I lost 1lb this week - still puts me way behind on my monthly goal, but I have to remember 'pizzagate' at the end of last week! I think I did well to eat 3 pizzas and still show a loss the following week! I also think that my body is so used to me going on a diet for 5 or 6 weeks, then giving up, that it doesn't take much notice to begin with - and it's when I've stuck to it for 6-8 weeks (with NO pizza) it will realise that I'm not kidding, and will start to lose weight more consistently. The body is very intelligent - that's what I think anyway!

FAYE - I'll tell you what I did when my neighbours kept waking me up at 4am with loud music. I was absolutely FURIOUS and it was on SO loud that they couldn't hear me banging on their front door to tell them to turn it off! This was probably a blessing in disguise as I would have got in a HUGE row with them and they were obviously very drunk so it could have turned nasty.So I wrote them a note - the first one was really angry and sarcastic, but i kept rewriting it and rewriting it as I gradually calmed down, until eventually it was assertive, but was quite gentle. They were REALLY apologetic after and i think it helped not to antagonise them. How about popping a note through saying you have noticed that there have been some rats around and could you both be extra vigilant about rubbish?

JULIE - Good luck with looking for an agent - make sure you don't get ripped off by someone asking for money to publish your book for you.

SANDY G - Woooo-hooo you on the 5lb down - I bet that feels gooooooooood!

CARRI - Have a nice weekend hibernating and snuggling up with your dh!

SANDY B - Have a lovely weekend break and well done on fixing your tracker - now you just have to go through the same thing every time you lose weight!

NIKKI - feel better soon sweetie!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:04 PM   #52  

POINTS AND LBS DOWN:

Amanda
Carri

Thanks for everything ladies. I was still pretty peeved, but went about it another way. For one thing, I have tried and tried and tried with these neighbors to get through to them and nothing has so far. I called the management company that handles anything "outdoors" that has to do with the condominiums and talked to the property manager. She told me how to go about getting traps set for the rodents (the management company is sending someone out to do it) AND she said she would send a letter out to the neighbors indicating a problem with rodents and to keep food and garbage picked up and in the trash cans so I can only hope.

julie: You are really really funny you know that???? Actually, I sit in the booth and eat garbage pizza so don't interact with the mouse!

I am not just mouse and rat phobic, I freak out at any rodent style animals even squirrels, chipmunks, gerbils and guinnea pigs. My grandson told me today that if I bought him a rat for his birthday (which is in June) that when I came over he would put it in the vasement. First of all, they don't have a "vasement" and he told me the attic is the vasement at their house! He always puts it all in perspective

Gotta go

Faye
Old 01-22-2005, 02:22 AM   #53  

Hey all!
I am feeling much better!! Today was not so good with the eating...my best friend just got back from mexico and insisted that we have some "true american eats" so she drove straight to Jack in the Box. I also didnt drink much water...and didnt excercise. It happens to the best of us, right?! On a better note...I am down a pound.
Faye-If you are afraid of rodents, you would HATE my house. I still have a mouse and a rescued gerbil from Psychology projects I had in high school! They're completely harmless...and know how to get through a maze! I hope the neighbor/rat situation gets cleared up soon!
Amanda-I dont think its that your body is used to you giving up after 5 or 6 weeks. Your body has a set weight that it is used to being at...even if it is an unhealthy one...so when you start dieting and excercising your body doesnt know you want to lose weight...it just konws that something is wrong, and it thinks it is supposed to stay at the set weight...so your metabolism will actually slow itself down to try and counter act the diet. That is why the majority of people actually gain weight or stay the same when they first start trying to lose weight. You've got to give your body time to adjust.
Sandy G-Congrats on the loss!!
I gotta run!
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:17 AM   #54  

DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #95