Old 02-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

I was feeling a little glum last week, because I wasn't losing more weight, but looking back at my records, apparently I've managed to lose 10 lbs since Christmas, despite various external and self-imposed obstacles. If I'd given up in frustration, I could easily gain all that back by 2/14. Becky, Sandy's advice is right on the money. Keep your eyes on the prize, every day brings a new opportunity to be a success. I know you can do it!

Amity, your phrase is very common in the US, but 'chook' is a new one to me Congrats on reaching your goal with more than a week to spare. Because I was so sloppy in January, I may not reach 240 by Valentine's Day. But if I stay on message, I'm sure that I can see it at least once between now and then....

Good luck--judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 02:50 AM   #62  

Thanks Sandy and Judy!
The words are reassuring and I have every inention of going forward. Def. don't want to go back. Today I got lots of pos. comments at work, so, I'm now feeling so gloomy. It's just that the weight seemed to melt and so I thought I set a reasonable goal to lose 3 kg in 2 1/2 weeks, but ahhh after yesterday's weigh in. Any loss will be a good loss, I say. Thanks again! -Becky
BeckyH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:38 PM   #63  
Smelling the roses

It's been 8 days since I last posted. I lost two pounds about 7 days ago and nothing since. I really struggled last week, had trouble being good with my eating and barely exercised. But looking at the little tracker I actually feel alot better, I have done so well so far - lost a little over 15 pounds since starting my weight loss journey 4 weeks ago. That's nothing to sneeze at and I am not going to waste such a good effort by giving up now!
I'm such a twit! Why haven't I been logging on here each day??ACK!! I *ALWAYS* feel better when I come here and my motivation gets back on track.
OK week 5 is going to be a good week and I am going to try my absolute best to nail that VDay goal!

VDay chart (from Jan 13th)
liseyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #64  

Default Go, Liseyloo!

Congratulations on being two pounds lighter than you were last week! And 11 pounds down in less than a month! Would you have thought, back in December, that you'd be zipping along like this? Good for you!

judy
Old 02-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #65  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Height: 5'9

Hello Ladies -

Yikes! I just realized we are about 5 days from V-Day.. I'm not sure if it's even possible to lose my remaining 2 lbs by then.. *shrugs

Monday, while engaging in some competitive Volleyball - I twisted my ankle, it feels a little better now, but it has cut into my "willingness" to exercise.. :*(

Good luck - we're almost there!
Shalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:28 PM   #66  

Hi, Shalynn--

I'm sorry to hear about your ankle! I haven't played volleyball in years, I was always jamming my fingers or getting big bruises somewhere. My idea of competive sports are things you can do while smoking a cigarette or having a beer, like shooting pool or bowling Hmmm, think that has any connection to my being overweight? Naaah, I don't think so either....

I will be quite surprised (and happy) if I can see 240 by Tuesday. It's possible if I really focus. I backed out of going out with co-workers this evening, saying I'm too busy (which I am, actually, but I would have gone anyway). A good friend's having a birthday party tomorrow night at a micro-brewery, and I know I will have at least one beer, so I'll work out at home in the morning, and go for a long walk at lunch, and look at the menu online before going out so I can have in my mind what food I will eat. I promised another friend that I would have brunch with her on Saturday and help her witih her job hunt, but I think I can choose where we'll go, so I will go to the gym first, and make sure that we meet somewhere with healthy choices.

C'mon, gals, we can make it happen!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:35 PM   #67  

Default broken promise

Hi Ladies,

I just joined

I am feeling pretty glum myself since I promised myself last Vday that I would be 20lbs lighter by this one. Unfortunately, that kind of negative motivation never works very long for me.

I am struggling with the motivation and was hoping to get some here.

I went to a site the other day called fitphoto to get a "virtual after picture" to motivate me. That kind of helped. You have to play around with it a little to get it to work right. Other than that I am stuck.

Any advice?

Jayme
jaymez33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:57 PM   #68  
Smelling the roses

PHEW! I finally found this forum! Well it's the day after Valentines here. Didn't get to log on yesterday because I went to a wedding (which was LOVELY!)
I met my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well pretty darn close anyways. My weight is now 115.5kgs so when I do the conversion it is 254.1 pounds so I am gonna say that it has been met (what's .1 of a pound between friends eh!)
I am sooooo happy! This has really recharged me and got me motivated again for my 12 week challenge. I've just hit the start of week 6 and the last week or so was a struggle.
If anyone has any ideas for some short term challenges please tell me - I really like breaking the process up.
OK here is my chart - WOOHOO!

liseyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #69  

Congratulations I'm sure that someone will be starting a St. Patrick's Day challenge any minute now....
Old 02-15-2005, 09:59 PM   #70  
goddess in the making

I did start a new post for st pats day, it is under chicks looking for a challenge, please come join us there!!!
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:37 AM   #71  
Debbie

Hi Blissful. Maybe you should try the South Beach diet. You are only accountable to yourself, you don't go to any meeting ( you can get all the support and help right here after the kids go to bed ) and there is nowhere that your money can go that is more important than the good food that you feed yourself and your family !
debbieleepursley is offline   Reply With Quote