Old 01-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #16  

OK...MY TURN...

This was all of my decorations See my beautiful angel hanging on my tree? The TV was my Christmas present from DH. He's getting his this summer (some kind of something for his tractor. )

Grands tearing into packages!

My handsome grandson, Jeremy is playing "Santa".

Tori looks bored ...just patiently waiting for a package, I suppose.

Our 3 sons-in-law together at last! Chris (who was in Iraq) is on the right, by the curtain. Oh, yeah....that's my bedroom "door".

Our oldest granddaughter, Tasha, & her boyfriend, Matt.

Hey....we started all of this 36 years ago!!

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:23 PM   #17  

Now........for the house......

This is the tarp covering the house. Hey, you can see my car! I stay in it, on the go, all the time.

Front view.

Got it wrapped good! That cloud looks like smoke coming out of a chimney.

The beautiful walls & ceiling in our bedroom.

We only have mattresses on the floor. (Don't worry, it's comfy.) DH made me a motel-style headboad. I thought that was sweet.

DH built this counter for me. I have stove-top range, dishwasher, & sink with running water! I've come a long way...last winter I had a hot plate, dish pan, & got the water out of the bathroom!

This is where I post to all of you! Just a corner in the make-shift kitchen...but, it's my territory. This is the former guest bedroom, & we haven't torn the walls down yet. It'll wait until the kitchen is finished.

This is the "plastic ceiling" in the kitchen. We've had some very high winds...you can't imagine the noise!

Living room

This is our bathroom. We had just finished remodeling it, when we had the fire. Mostly smoke damage. We have a REAL ceiling & a REAL door!

Old 01-08-2005, 08:52 PM   #18  
I can and I will do it!

Smile

Good evening sweet friends and thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I went to hospital today and nephew has ventilator removed and was awake and talked a little. He is doing so good, thank the Lord.

Sheila so sorry to hear about your half sister's husband, there is such sadness in this world seems like more the older we get. My prayers go out to her. I am on my way to hug my hubby right now. That is so neat about dd going to the innaguration. It is Jan. 20, the only reason I know is that is my dd 35th. birthday.

Charlotte praying for a complete recovery for you. Try to talk hubby into going to the Dr. I have never heard of anything like that. I enjoyed your pics, beautiful family you have.

Sunny hope you are feeling much better.

Sending hugs and well wished to everyone else, sorry if I missed someone. I am so behind in reading the post my brain can't comprehend everything.

Love ya girls and hope you have a great night and stay warm.
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good evening, ladies!

Bluet, I had to skip over your first paragraph because I taped the mystery show and haven't watched it yet. Hope you had a good time with your company, and that you are now relaxing, preferably in a comfortable chair and not that darn hard kitchen chair.

SunnyD, those snowmen are so cute. What a great gift! Were you able to go to church today? I hope so because that will mean that you're feeling better.

Charlotte, so the compression is affecting the nerves to your thumb, is that the way it's working? That does sound dangerous if it's cutting off circulations, too. I think that can lead to gangrene. I sure hope you don't have to have the surgery. If you have to wear a soft collar forever, you'll have to start wearing scarves. I will have to send you all the ones my sweet DH bought for me to hold the ice packs I use. I can't use them for that (too slippery), but they'd look great covering a soft collar.

I love the photos of your Christmas. All those grandkids--what fun! And thanks for the photos of your house. Wow--you have the patience of a saint for putting up with the tarps and stuff for so long. Actually, I like all the light in the kitchen. Maybe you can work in a few skylights? Now when you post a message, we can all imagine you sitting at your computer. That chair looks really comfortable.

Candlelady, I bet you are so relieved about your nephew. How wonderful that he's off the vent and talking. Hope you had a good weekend.

Guess what? We woke up to snow! Do you believe it? About an inch, but it's pretty much gone now. The kids next door were trying to slide down their driveway. We live on a steep hill that connects to a steep hill so we didn't go out while the snow was on the ground. My DH, who still has a terrible cold, decided to go to the store just now because he's been in the house since Friday. I'm still squirting Zicam up my nose, and washing my hands frequently so that I don't come down with anything. We're supposed to visit my friends on Whidbey Island on Saturday and I don't want to miss that. She's got a really bad heart, and I don't want to go near here with any germs.

We watched Alias yesterday, which we'd taped. I wasn't all that thrilled so I probably won't watch it again. Then we watched The Hours with Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman. That was a pretty heavy movie, but I was engrossed by it. I told my DH, though, that we should get two comedies for every dramatic movie we watch. We still have another drama DVD to watch. Thank goodness Blockbuster instituted their no late fees policy because the DVDs were all due today.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:59 AM   #20  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Afternoon Ladies...

Charlotte... MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!! I honestly think you and hubby would qualify for that *Extreme Home Makeover* show on Sunday nights!!! I too believe that you are a saint to put up with all the unfinished parts of your home. I truly don't know if I could live like that for as long as you all have. I do admire you all the more now that I have a better understanding as to the conditions you live under. I see so much potential and nice things with all your unfinished rooms... Angel, I really do hope that you don't have to wait much longer to get your home finished. With all the boys in the family... do any of them help?? It's a shame that you have waited so long to get your home completed, but if you don't have the $$$ it is so very hard to do. Joe and I have allot we want to change in our home - improve upon - but I can wait... and after seeing the conditions you are living under I'm ashamed to say there have been days I wish I had more $$$ to do what I want to, but now am thankful to have finished walls and a nice roof. I do really like your finished bathroom! As I said - you are a SAINT! Thank you for sharing your home with us, Angel.

Something else I noticed in your great pictures... that with all that you do not have finished as far as your "home" goes --- look at how HAPPY everyone is!! You & your family are proof that it doesn't matter the surroundings as long as you have the love of family around you ~ that love is what makes your HOME! You are so very Blessed to have such a beautiful family to celebrate life with.
*God Bless*

Sheila, Nope... didn't go to church I am sorry to say that I am recovering today from the full blown flu! That sore throat & dizziness from Thursday turned into a flu-bug... I am pretty much over it today, just cannot seem to shake the lingering headache that comes with it. No fever but am feeling achy, have a headache, a sore throat & very fatigued. But I'll live... I seem to go through this every single year!! I missed our nephews birthday party again this year (it was Saturday night) from being ill as I did last year... bummer. It's like my body lets down from all the activities (from Thanksgiving to New Years) and then I get sick Well, maybe it'll be all over with soon and I will have a healthy full year ahead. Joe bought me some more *Airborne* so when I do get to where I heading out the door again, I'll take some of that & it should help me stay well Now, you stay well and keep taking your preventative meds... you want to have a good time this weekend with your friends

Did you watch the Hallmark Mystery movie yet? I feel badly talking abut it before I knew 'all' watching had seen it --- next time --- I will wait to talk it over on here after we all have seen it. It was a good movie, but I forgot to check & see if it was on again to try and call in for the contest

So you guys got some SNOW!!!! Cool! Did you get pictures ? Our weather has gotten a bit warmer here and nothing has happened, but a bit of sleet. It is suppose to get warmer thru Thursday and then the temps will drop again for the weekend.

I saw that movie *The Hours* ~ twice!! Intense movie!!! And I am not one to watch movies over & over again unless they are Classic films. It was so very deep and I too found myself very involved in the characters & watched it a second time to catch what I missed the first time through. I surprised myself at how involved I got in the movie. I thought it was done well.

Diane, Such good news about your nephew!!! I pray that he continues to heal and soon will be able to go home and finish his recovery.

Bluet, How did your gathering go on Sunday with Dear Hubby's family?? I have thought of you all weekend in hope's that all went well. I bet that it all went wonderfully and that you are feeling such relief with a mixture of exhaustion today.

Come back soon and fill us in, okay.

*~*~*

Well, I guess I should be getting off here and giving my eyes a rest. You all take care now and do everything in our power to stay well

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

PS>>> Just in case you are reading this... I'm sending *Hello's* & (((Hugs))) your way Puss. We all miss you! Come back soon and let us know how you are, okay.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 01-10-2005 at 12:03 PM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:40 PM   #21  
I can and I will do it!

Sunny bless your heart sounds like you have really had it. I want you to take it easy a few more days and don't get a relapse. I am sure you are so worn down with all you do during the holidays that it just caught up with you.

Sheila is it still snowing? The weather has been so strange this year, it is in the 70's here for the next two days then it comes a cold front. It is no wonder everybody is sick.

It has been a busy day around here today, we ran out early and bought groceries and then spent the rest of the day trying to get this house in order. I finally got all Christmas hauled to the garage.

Hello and well wishes to everybody else, sure has been quiet on here today.

I will talk with you all again tomorrow. Goodnight.......
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #22  

Good evening everyone,
I'm really wiped out. Monday's are extra long, because of me staying to do my TV program. I enjoy it, but, just get so tired. Well...I lost 4 lbs on my first week of dieting. Not too bad.

Sunny....I'm so sorry you've been so sick. I hope you're feeling much better, now.
I didn't post the pics of my house for you to feel sorry for me. I'm blessed. I just wanted to give you all an idea what I've been talking about. Yes, it's quite a mess to live in....especially for so long. I've got new bedspreads & drapes, pictures, etc., just stored away. When I bought them, I didn't think it would be long before I'd use them. I get discouraged a lot, & even angry....especially about my things that were stolen from me. I keep fighting the discouragement, anger, & depression...hoping for better days. Yes, there are a few men in our immediate family. They help all they can. One SIL was in Iraq, until recently, though. They live quite a distance. He is also having a lot of "issues" since returning. He's in counseling. Another SIL lives out of town. The other helps every chance he gets.
The help we really needed & expected was from his brothers & nephews. There's a very large family & DH has done a lot for all of them. DH tries to convince me that he's not hurt at them, but I can tell different. We'll get it done, some day. You're right...there's a lot of happiness in our family. Our children & grands keep us going.
*Thanks for the email.

Sheila...What do you have to use ice packs for? Is it for swelling, or pain? I'm so sorry. I may have missed something, somewhere...or you haven't told us what's going on with you. I hope you don't catch your DH's illness. Hope you have a great time with your friends.
Yes, you understand the compression & my thumb situation. It had come to the point of the tissues dying. It was dark blue. Since I took those stupid steroids, though, it's nice & pink, now. I hope it stays that way until my appt. I don't want surgery, either. I had a lot of them in my life, & didn't want anymore. I don't want to lose any limbs, either, though. I'm waking up a lot, during the night, with my hand numb. NOT a good sign. Oh...& it IS a comfortable chair! Thanks for the suggestion of skylights...but, I think I've seen enough light from "above".

Bluet...Hey girl....you sure are quite! Where are you? I hope you haven't gotten sick, too. Did you see my little angel on my tree? It hangs close to my computer, now.

Candlelady....hope you're doing well. Glad your nephew is better. Still praying for him.

Well......I'm tired. Love to all of you
Fatpuss.......I miss you.

**I've put the address of the TV Station Website in my signature, if anyone would like to visit.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:33 PM   #23  

Charlotte, I laughed aloud at the "light from above" comment. I'm betting you won't paint your ceilings blue either. Yup, I use ice packs for the pain from my neck muscles. Doesn't it always seem that the ones that you give so much to just don't give back? Guess there are takers and givers. I'm much happier being a giver--hope your DH's relatives realize that giving really is better than receiving. Four pounds--all right! Not much? I think that's a heck of a lot. I'd be happy with a quarter of that. Glad your thumb is nice and pink now. Can you use it?

Candlelady, did you still have your tree up, or were you just putting away boxes of stuff? Sounds like a busy day of running around. Nope, no more snow around my area. I didn't go to water aerobics this morning because the roads were supposed to be icy. I went out at 11:00 am to go grocery shopping (something I don't usually do, but my DH is still sick), and the roads were dry. Are you still babysitting your grandson?

SunnyD, before the holidays next year, you should think about boosting your vitamin and water intake and trying to get more sleep (yeah, sure!). Just anything to give your immune system a little "oomph" to get you past the holidays and into spring healthy. That's too bad you had to miss your nephew's birthday twice in a row. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

I still haven't watched the mystery movie, and we still have one more DVD to watch. I always think I'm going to be able to watch DVDs when I rent them, but then I never do. I have something else taped from TV, too. In fact, I should be watching TV right now instead of sitting here typing!

So, today my Dad paid the deposit for the assisted living, and, even better, we were told by my DH's work that we could finally move to the town I've been wanting to move to for the past 20 years. My Dad decided he doesn't want to pay the extra $500 to get the assistance he needs, and that he's going to put his own socks on and take them off, and wash his feet himself. I just can't argue with him any longer so I told him to go ahead, and if he finds he can't do it, tell them he needs the assistance and pay the extra money. I don't know if he'll tell them, but I reminded him that he needs certain things done to maintain his health. Ladies, the man has lots of money in investments, but he insists on living on his social security and a small pension even though he could get monthly interest checks that would more than cover the extra $500, way more than cover.

My DH went out this afternoon and got moving boxes, and I started packing old clothes. I've watched so much HGTV that I know exactly how I'm going to stage the house for sale. Oh, and my half-sister called and told us that her husband's memorial service is going to be on January 29. She'd just gotten the flowers I sent, and was really pleased, which made me feel good. I used 1-800-flowers and got a really nice "fireside basket" bouquet with a lot of stuff in it. Flowers always make people feel just a little better, don't you think? She has to come in and sign papers for his burial, and the cemetary is in our area so she and her youngest daughter (well, actually she has four children, two sets of twins, and I don't know which single kid is the youngest) might stop by.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:11 AM   #24  

This is the last of the holiday pics.....

THIS IS OUR MOTHER AT THE CHRISTMAS PARTY AT THE NURSING HOME. MY SISTER, WANDA & YOU KNOW WHO THE OTHER GUY IS.

THIS IS MY DH ,DAVID (ON THE RIGHT), & A FRIEND. THIS WAS TAKEN AT THE THANKSGIVING DINNER AT TV 44...WHERE I WORK.

DH CAUGHT ME FILLING MY PLATE!

THESE ARE THE MANAGERS, & GOOD FRIENDS...RONALD & CONNIE JONES, JUST MAKING SURE ALL IS WELL FOR THE CHRISTMAS PARTY AT UBN 44!

CONNIE SINGING AT THE PARTY.

OUR METEOROLOGIST, BRIAN DAVIS, HAD A BIRTHDAY!

DH GOT A PIC OF ME OPENING ONE OF MY MANY PRESENTS! OUR WEATHERMAN WAS SINGING "WHITE CHRISTMAS". THE NEXT DAY, IT SNOWED FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS WINTER....GOOD JOB, BRIAN!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:30 AM   #25  

Smile

Good Morning!

Dear, Dear Charlotte, I have really enjoyed all your pictures! I think you look wonderful in spite of your meds and health problems! Thanks for sharing so much of yourself!!

One thing you stated that I would like to correct Is that I don't know that I *felt sorry for you* as much as I just *feel for you!* I am one who tries to put herself into the situations that others are going through in my mind annnnd when I TRIED to put your situation in my minds eye, I found it very difficult to imagine... I cannot say that I blame you whatsoever for the ups and many downs you have gone through since this all began. I am assured that 'some' of your health problems are stemming from the stress you are under as well. You just keep on smiling that beautiful smile and stay close to our Lord and we'll keep on doing our part with *support and prayer* and you will one day see your home finished and your health restored... I pray!

(((((((Major hugs)))))))

Sheila, You made me laugh with your suggestions of extra vitamins... my DH has said the same thing to me. What happens is that I get so involved and busy with what needs to be done that I neglect myself to get the projects done. So I will have to work on that for next year... like maybe getting started with the projects a bit sooner Thanks for caring so much

What would Doris Day say... "Que se'ra se'ra..." "what will be, will be..." Your DF will be fine there and if they do their jobs at that home he is moving into they will check up on him if he does not show up for his meals... that's what happened with my FIL --- if he missed a meals they would call him and if he didn't answer they went to check in on him. I pray that your DF gets the same good care where he is going. I did notice that my FIL got better care because we all visited him quite often and that made a big difference! It showed them at the home that he had loved ones looking out for him still.

Oh... I forgot to mention something about your moving! I take it that you are moving?? Where did you say you were going, Sheila? I have forgotten Yea... HGTV does have great hints when it comes to moving! Allot of what they show I did when we moved... being a military family we moved allot! I wish you well in getting it all done.

Diane, I hope this post finds you doing well... do come back soon and fill us in on your days gone by. Hope you are staying well!

*~*~*

As for me... I had a really rough night last night @ about 2am the bug seemed to break and left me. I got all achy, real achy, and my Joe got up and gave me an alcohol rub on my back & I broke into quite a sweat! And today I feel so much better!! And as soon as I finish here I am heading into the shower --- I need to feel human again Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

*God's Blessings for you my Dear Friends*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 01-11-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:48 AM   #26  

Wink PS>>>

Charlotte,Forgetful me

I wanted to say something about the picture of you & your Dear mother... what a sweetie she is! Look at those beautiful cheekbones she has! Just as you have! You have allot of features from your mother from what I can see. Beautiful!

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #27  

Red face

Okay Dear Bonnie... ...

It's time to check in with us

We all love you and are here for you always

Now... I am heading into the shower!
Loves,

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #28  

Good Afternoon,

Sorry, I have been away for awhile. I was pretty exhausted after my big weekend and fell asleep on the sofa last night at 7:00 p.m. with intentions of it being a short nap, but it turned into an all nighter and I woke up this morning at 5:30 a.m. still on the sofa. DH made sure I was covered up well.

We had so much fun with all our company, there were over 30 that came, I am not sure where we would have put the rest if they had all showed up. We would have fit them in, that's for sure. Good thing we have a big house. I have a funny story to tell about our get together. We all bring a dish to pass, and usually the sister-in-laws make a casserole. I always had some trepidation about not checking in with everyone to see what they were bringing, but years ago the oldest sister-in-law said we did not have to check in, whatever everyone brings to pass that is what we will have. So I thought meatballs would be good to make, put them in a crockpot and I don't have to worry about them for the rest of the day. Both of my sister-in-laws showed up with meatballs So we had three hot dishes of meatballs. I didn't even put mine out, oldest sister-in-law had brought a large Nesco of meatballs and we really didn't need them. I had a large platter of cheese and sausage made up, raw carrots and dip and a rice dish and some yummy bread, so I felt comfortable that I contributed too.

We all visited to our hearts content and watched the Vikings beat the Packers, (bummer) Had to settle a few scrimages between the second cousin boys, ages 8 through 10 (grandchildren) mine were being territorial and DH's brother's grandkids were invading their space. Everyone went home friends in the end. Well, it is my turn again in three years, so until then........

Charlotte, you resemble your Mother very much. I am so glad you posted a picture of her so we got to see you Mom. Yes, there is a lot of work to be done on your home. It reminds me of when we would remodel and we would live in exposed walls and rafters. You are fortunate that you can have those walls like that at this time of year. We would need double insulation, we would be freezing if we had our roof tarped and just the outside walls on the house. It will come along and then it will be so beautiful. The most wonderful thing is that you are all safe and sound and no one was hurt in the fire. Yes, I saw your angel right away, I marveled at the fact that it traveled so far, and there it was right on your tree. I loved all your pictures, you are so wonderful for sharing them with us. I want to go over to the radio station toofor a visit , but have been too busy. I plan to go there this evening.

Sunny, what gorgeous graphics. I love yours and Charlotte's angels. I like your tea light and your little snowmen too. You know, Sunny, I was thinking, that I would start a journal about holidays and make notes to myself, about who came, and how I felt at the time and how my health was then and notes about what to do next time and not to do, what works and what doesn't. Therefore, when it comes to the holidays again, I could pull out my journal and refresh my memory. I could tell myself when to start projects and foods people liked and didn't like, things like that, and it might make the Holidays easier to deal with. If you started a Holiday Journal, you could remind your self to step up your vitamin routine before the Holidays hit. I am glad to hear your fever broke and you are on the mend.

Diane, sounds like you are having Wisconsin weather, except for the70s of course. It is suppose to get bitter cold by the end of the week. Is all that California rain having any effect on you? I started taking down one of my Christmas trees this morning, I have all the ornaments off of it . It takes me about three or four weekends to put everything up, so I suppose it will take me just as long to haul everything upstairs and store it away for next year.

Sheila, well you are on the move again, yes where are you moving too? Will you be close enough to visit Dad? Sheila, Sheila, I thought you were going to watch the mystery movie Friday evening. I am sorry I was blabbing about it. I hope I didn't give too much of it away and spoil it for you. I don't know if we ever watched Alias, but we did watch The Hours. Very sad ending. Those writers and painters all seemed to lead tragic lives didn't they.

Well, all the billing came in now and I have to run off and do the invoicing. Have a good rest of Tuesday Bye for now.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #29  

Wow, Charlotte, you do look a lot like your Mom. Your cheekbones especially, and your smile. Your sister must look more like your Dad. I love the weather guy's shirt with the guitars on it. Thanks for sharing those pics! It's so much fun to see a slice of your life.

SunnyD, you kind of touched on something that bothers me a lot about having my Dad go into assisted living. Since we're not going to be around, I'm not sure how I can monitor him other than calling the program director. I do plan to come up and visit every couple of months.

Sounds like you might have had a fever and it broke during the night? I'm glad the alcohol rub helped, and that you're feeling better. Were you able to get out and about today? I imagine you're getting cabin fever by now.

Bluet, sounds like a really fun weekend. That's too funny that so many people brought meatballs. Were they all in the same kind of sauce? I've got a package of meatless meatballs in my freezer that I don't know what to do with. Since it sounds like you're the meatball queen, do you have any ideas? Something healthy, of course! Oh, oh, so maybe you can tell me what the argument was on the sidelines with the Packers? They had something about it on my local news, but I didn't catch all of it other than the team was arguing.

My sister got the results of her biopsy and no cancer! That feels like a weight's been lifted. She goes in for a hysterectomy tomorrow, though, to remove the fibroids she's had for years.

Not much going on here. Got a massage, picked up some stuff at the store, packed up some pictures for my Dad, watched All My Children, cooked dinner, just mundane stuff like that. Didn't see anyone handcuffed today or anything. What am I going to talk about when I move to a smaller town? Oh, SunnyD, it's Corvallis, OR, and it's about 45,000 people with all the students there (it's home to Oregon State University).

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 01-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #30  

Smile Wednesday...

Whew...
I almost didn't get on this morning! ! When I went to post they asked me to LOG-IN with my password... well, I haven't done that in ages! I just click in with the e-mail's I get with no problem. Anyway, I had to ask them to send my password cause I couldn't remember it Now all is right with the world.

I am feeling so much better today --- thank you so much ladies for all your love & support! It means the world to me to have that when I am not well. I get easily saddened when I am closed up for so long.

*~*~*

Sheila, Wonderful NEWS about your DS!!!!! I am so happy to hear she is cancer free! I had a complete hysterectomy years ago... she will have a long recovery if she is having surgery the way I did - through the abdomen. It took me a good 6-7 months. Sometimes they don't do it that way now - they go through a smaller incision now & therefore a quicker recovery time. She'll be in my prayers!!!

I'm sorry Sheila! I didn't mean to upset you about your DF... boy, I am on a roll aren't I?!!? First I upset Charlotte about her home and now you I am so very sorry I am sure that your DF will be just fine with your visits and phone calls from OR. As long as they know in the Assisted Living that you care, he should be fine... I am sorry to worry you over something that hasn't even happened yet... Corvallis, OR. sounds beautiful!! I will look it up and see what the place looks like & what the weather is like there. Curious me... besides... my Joe has been talking allot these days about having a second home for the winter, the cold really bothers him too --- what is it like there in OR. during winter?

Nope... I haven't gotten out yet!! And really want to... but I have a home to clean before this Friday and all those couples get here I don't want kitty fur on the sofa or rugs, some of the couples are allergic to cats and so I use that allergen Fabreeze on everything before they get here to clean with --- it really helps. I will feel such relief once it's all done and over with & I see that they had a nice time here. I am sure our home is just fine... but I am a worrier as to what others think of our home. I bet they don't even care

Bonnie, I am so glad to see you stopped by here... and that all went so good at your party. I knew you would be tired come Monday, especially since you had to go to work too.

Just too funny about the meatballs I always want to know what everyone is bringing too, just for that reason. I think its too funny that happened with all the easy meals that can be made today... shows that families begin to think alike, huh

Thought you all would like that graphic --- CHILDREN are just so beautiful! Your HOLIDAY JOURNAL idea is great! I did do that years ago - had a journal for the holidays that I received as a Christmas gift - for pictures and events - but I couldn't find it the following year to read what I did Just too funny.. I didn't find it till I did a big cleaning years later and there it was among all my recipe books! I have allot of recipe books!! But I think I will do it again this coming year and place in here in my office, so that I may find it again Good Idea!

Yes, I am feeling so much better today... but have allot to get done between now and Friday now that I am well again.

Hi Angel & Candlelady!!!!! Hope this post finds you both doing okay.

*~*~*

Time for me to go... I have a few more e-mails to answer and a home to get cleaned & laundry to get done

*Have a great day!*
Luvs,
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*