Old 01-01-2005, 08:05 AM   #31  

Happy New Year Everybody!!

Welcome back Amanda456.......Our little group is rarin' to go, so hold on to your hat!

I'm heading out for our annual New Year's mountain hike. I feel like crap still, from the headcold. THink I have a fever too...but the fresh air will do me good and it's sunny and warm (like 45!) so I'm going out anyway. Besides, I want my 4 points today!

Hope everyone else is as excited as I am to get going............This is gonna be an awesome year, I just know it!

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #32  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Let's all have sunny thoughts on our New Year's new bodies!

Julie: Have fun today!

I will check back in from time to time, but everyone have a great weekend!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Real quick note as time is short right now. Alive I am and will catch up before the day is over that is if this one lil man(Corey) allows me to do so. Today is my start date details to come.
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 05:20 PM   #34  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!

I checked in yesterday and had words to say to everyone and just as I was signing off, my

computer crashed and I lost it all! Don't you just hate it when that happens? Thank you all for your kind words.

I'll try again........

FAYE - You are the rock of our group.You are a very wise woman and I always value your

advice. I am so thankful to you that inspite of your own problems, you come here day after

day to support and encourage us.I so admire your strength, confidence and positive

attitude.It is because of you that I built up the courage to go swimming for the first time,

I often hear your voice in my head saying ' just go for it and don't let anyone stop you!'I

am so happy to be a member of this group!

JULIE - You are a woman of many talents! I admire your drive and energy - how you juggle

your family, your dancing, your writing, your diet and exercise, and you still find the time

to contribute greatly to our group. You have achieved so much and I look forward to

celebrating with you when you get under 200lb - SOON!

CARRI - I too admire your successes! You have achieved so much and are proof to us all that

if you just get on with it day in and day out, then you really can make a difference!You are

always here to offer support and a kind word and always understand our lows aswell as our

highs. I have no doubt that you will reach your goal this year!

SANDY G - You have such strength of character! You work so very hard to give your son the

best life you can, I can only imagine how tired you get, yet you rarely complain. You also

find the time to focus on your own weightloss efforts and offer support and encouragement to

our group!

Well, I'm all set for a 4 point day today! I got all ready to go out for another long walk,

only to find that when I looked out the window it was blowing a gale and pelting down with

rain! I don't mind walking in the rain, but not if it is too windy to put up my umbrella! So

I went on my exercise bike instead - not half as interesting as watching the squirells in

the park!I only managed 21 minutes on the bike - I found it very uncomfortable on my

backside!

Oh yes, I weighed myself and I am 267lb - that means I've only put on 1lb over the Christmas

week, so it was not as bad as I thought it might be!So my first goal is to lose 7lb and get

to 260lb.

Welcome back Amanda 457 - Jump right in and I'm sure you'll reach your goals in no time!

Love Amanda x

Last edited by Amanda Panda; 01-01-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:07 AM   #35  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is what little thing irritates you most about your significant other or child?

Hope you all had a nice first day of 2005. We didn't do much. Jack did the car repairs, but looks like we have to go ahead and have the more extensive stuff done anyway and Jack can't do that so to the shop it will go. He did a good job on what he did though, so a BIG PAT ON THE BACK FOR HIM!

As for the silly poll, after all these years, his little irritations don't bother me much, but I guess the thing that drove me nuts most of the time was when I talked and he wasn't listening. It used to make me mad, but now I just laugh about it and ask him what is the last thing I said that he heard and he will mute the tv or whatever and listen to what I am asking or saying. So, if you have this problem, there might be hope for you 30 years down the road! Best advice, just laugh it off. He really doesn't have any habits, ohhhhh, yes he does. I just thought of something. He is an occasional spitter and not always on the grass. It doesn't effect me, but other people and it is nasty, but that is about it. He is a slob cleaning up when he shaves, brushes his teeth and whatnot, but I am so anal, I just clean it up and don't say anything about it. CLeaning up after him is easiest if I just do it because I am so picky about everything.

Our stupid phone company is a bunch of morons. I went to our company's website and sent in a repair ticket and at first got an automated response that they were closed because of the holidays, which is fine. Then some dopey girl responded later from repair and said that we had MCI as our local carrier and had to contact them because Bell South couldn't do anything. DUHHHHHHH, first off I had to sign in to put in a repair, which means I HAVE an account with them otherwise they wouldn't let me in! Secondly, I had to scan in my current bill and I resent it to them. We don't carry long distance with anyone as it is cheaper just to have the slight inconvenience of phone cards so I have nothing whatsoever to do with MCI! I got another automated response about the response I sent to this dope so we shall see come Monday what happens.

I went to bed really early last night with nothing on tv but football! I am TOM and didn't feel up to reading so I just went to bed and slept for a bazillion hours. I have grocery shopping and a downstairs to clean today or at least try to. Tomorrow is the big day for both dh and I so I have to get what we need to eat healthy and well today.

Everybody have a great day

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-02-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:16 AM   #36  

Morning everybody!

I got 4 points yesterday.........woohoooo. Went hiking up what was basically a luge run for all the ice melting during the warm weather. Got some sunshine, then came home and hibernated the rest of the day. This cold is still hanging on, but seems to be getting better. So, I'm starting slow in the exercise dept. but anything is better than nothing.

Amanda....Congratulations on only gaining 1 pound during Christmas! That is amazing!!! I gained TEN

Faye...Didn't you go around and around with the phone company last year with this MCI business?? I don't envy whoever answers your call tomorrow.

I read something today about babysteps....if I had just stuck to something small every day, instead of trying the Great WeightLoss Effort over and over....I would have made a heck of alot more progress than I did last year. So, I'm going to try and remember that hundreds of babysteps EVERY DAY are way more effective than hulking leaps every other month or so. I weighed myself today, just for the heck of it...and I've already lost some weight. So, I'm encouraged for this week. I'm drinking alot more herbal tea mainly to get fluids in me during this cold....but it's keeping me satisfied without snacking. So, I hope I can keep up the habit.

As for the poll...the most annoying thing is when my kids ignore me. I talk, and they just keep doing what they're doing like I'm not even there. It only bothers me sometimes, and they are getting better. Just have to keep on them about it.

Well, guess that's about it for me. I'm gonna take a walk and clean the house a bit.

Everyone have a great day!
Julie
Old 01-02-2005, 03:43 PM   #37  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Been on the bike again today and managed 25 mins. I added up my total cals for yesterday and I was well over 2000. it's amazing how they add up - especially when I am used to overeating - goodness knows how many cals I have been consuming over Christmas! Baby steps is right - even though I went over 2000 cals yesterday - I still ate less than I have done in weeks, so that is a step forward!

PMS is making me more hungry than usual so I am finding it difficult to stick to 1500 - 1700 cals. But at least I am journalling and am certainly cutting down.

JULIE - I only put on 1lb between Christmas eve and New Years Day - but I put on 7lb in the 2 or 3 weeks before that!

SILLY POLL - I have PMS at the moment so EVERYTHING Nigel does irritates me!!! Not listening definately irritates me too! Also he rarely puts rubbish in the bin - he'll just put it by the sink. I think 'well you've managed to move it to the sink, why not take a couple more steps and make it to the bin?????'

Have a good evening

Love Amanda x
Old 01-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #38  

Afternoon ladies!

Julie
Amanda: Special pts for butt bruising exercise

Julie: I can't believe you remember that mess with MCI. At that time, I was trying to get them to be my long distance carrier. After about 6 times of trying, I finally gave up with it so maybe that is what that moron was seeing, who knows? All I know, is that I have NO long distance on my phone and my local is acting up. My phone's dial tone sounds like a busy signal even though you CAN dial out on it and both my kids have complained that they either get a disconnect message or it goes to a digital voicemail that BellSouth has as an extra feature that you can pay for, neither of which is correct. I have a straight local service, no call waiting and the like. Who knows? As for you kids problem. I nipped that in the bud really quick. I had a problem with the kids ignoring me and so I waited until they had something important like a field trip and I "ignored" the paperwork, phone call to the teacher, whatever until it was too late for them to be able to go. Only took one time of them not getting to go and having to sit in a classroom all day instead to get the ignoring thing stopped. Sounds harsh, but if it is a real problem, you can bet this would stop it.

The commissary was awful. There was NO FOOD! Half the shelves were empty so they must not have gotten their supplies in. They had about 10 pk of chicken and a sign that said there wasn't anymore. I drive 40 miles to go that store and get there and they didn't have stuff on my list. The thing is, commissaries sell you food "at cost." They make nothing from it, plus, you pay no sales tax at all. You pay a 3% surcharge instead but let's say you pay $1 for a dozen eggs. If I bought a dozen eggs at a regular store here, I would pay my $1 then 9 3/4% tax so it would be $1.09 for the eggs. At the commissary, the same size eggs are $.67. The surcharge is just added at the end of your bill. On top of that, they have loads of commissary only coupons in the store to use and then they have links to coupons on their website. I spend about $500 a month for EVERYTHING, soup to nuts and it would cost me at least $800 on the outside. So, even when this happens, though I complain to someone at the commissary, I still come out ahead. I just figure, my husband spent 20 years of his life and ours serving his country for peanuts in pay so they owe us some kind of a little special treatment. Used to be, that retirees could still use the base medical facilities and pharmacy for free, but they have pretty much done away with that now. We do however have fabo insurance that costs practically nothing and is run like a regular HMO.

Well, just wanted to peek in. Everyone have a good afternoon. I am going to go check on clothes in the dryer

Faye
Old 01-03-2005, 07:40 AM   #39  

Good Morning everybody!

It's back to school day today, so the kids are grumpy about having to wake up early. Tough noogies, I say! I got up at 4:30 am to get back to writing.

4 points for yesterday! 2 days in a row....woo hooo.........spent about 90 minutes doing yoga to get rid of my sugar headache. Dh bought me a neat cd of sufi meditation music and it was so easy to just get inside my own head and work through all the sore achy muscles I've been ignoring since this cold thing started. I think I'm finally done with the cold, though the sugar headache is still hanging on, barely. DH has just come down with the cold, though, poor dear. I spent a good hour massaging his back yesterday......lucky him.

Dance class starts back today...so as long as I keep op, I should have a nice 4 pointer today too. I'm starting to feel like my old self again, how nice!

Hope your phone troubles iron out, Faye........

TTFN,
Julie
Old 01-03-2005, 08:43 AM   #40  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to start back on the road to good health. You might need to start slow, so don't push it. It will come. Concentrate on your weak point and work from there.

I have some kind of virus so will probably not be in here a lot for a couple days. Everyone work hard, ok?

Faye
Old 01-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #41  
It is what it is...

Morning Everyone!! So getting back on a diet after being off of it for like 3 or 4 weeks is sooooooooooo hard huh? Today is my real first day, I thought if I started on 1/1 I would just set myself up for failure ( cannot remember my reasoning, ha ) but anyway so I started today and boy am I hungry...cannot remember being able to exist on this amount of food...but I am raring to go, RARING...and will try to exercise this week !!

I want to thank you all for all of the kind words that were said about me, it actually made me tear up , thanks...so I want to return the favor since I was gone for a few days ...

FAYE - Like everyone said "you are the rock of the group", I feel totally comfortable with you and know that you will understand anything that I come to you with ( example the dog thing ) ... I admire your great self image and your long, loving relationship with your dh...I so admired your strength with dh's heart attack, you held up and did what had to be done to get him back on the road to health, I know I would not have held up so well...I also admire your strength with family matters (DD ), you always take it on the chin and go on. I know that you will lose alot of weight this year!!

JULIE - I know you and I have been neck and neck with weight this last year and probably will be again this year...I admire your ablitity to keep going even when you are not seeing a weight loss. You are willing to try and experiment with different avenues of weight loss and that will ultimately give you success in the end...You are strong and healthy, have a great family, and have completed a book this last year...you have accomplished much and will do so again this year!!

AMANDA - Hon, you will lose this weight this year...you are smart and caring...you have a great relationship with Nigel and I know that you are going to be beautiful for your wedding. I admire you taking steps to get yourself mentally healthy as well as physical. I know this is going to be a great year for you too !!!

SANDY - You are a great mother, all you do is talk about that boy!! He should feel so loved. I know that you have had some rough times lately but look how well you came through it...You are strong and you too will achieve success this year with weightloss ( and everything else ) !!

Amanda456 - Welcome back !!!

Here is to a 4 point week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Later !!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:22 PM   #42  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi there ladies,

I got 4 points yesterday - that's 2 days in a row. Had a rest day from the bike today though - I don't think my poor butt could take it!

FAYE - Hope your virus isn't too nasty and you are back on your feet soon.

CARRI - Thanks for your sweet words Well done for getting back OP - it's hard to cut back after overeating for weeks isn't it? Take it easy and don't be too hard on yourself if you don't manage to do everything all at once.

JULIE - Well done to you on your 4 pointers! 90 mins of yoga is rather impressive! I'm thinking of getting a Tae Bo DVD off ebay - I expect it would be REALLY hard at first, but I'm interested in trying it out.

SANDY G - Hope your are doing well OP!!!

Love Amanda x
Old 01-04-2005, 07:43 AM   #43  

Morning Ladies!

4 pointer yesterday.....3 in a row! Woohoooo......

Amanda, well done on your 4 pointers, too.

Carrie, thanks for the sweet words. I'm gonna catch up to you, don't worry.

Faye, hope you feel better today.

I gotta fly, now, but everyone have a great day!
Old 01-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #44  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target is a week of good points. Let's not look any farther ahead than this week.

Amanda:
Julie
Carri

I am getting ready to go out in the rain and walk as it looks like it is going to rain all week so you just suck it up and go. I am starting out slow again, a mile and maybe some weights today. DH is still home so that always makes it tough for me during the days, but I am going to start on the path to 4 pters like everyone else.

Here's to 100% four pters today!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-04-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:14 AM   #45  
It is what it is...

Morning All - I had a 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise... basically I could barely even function...everytime I start back on my diet after being off of it for a while I get a really bad headache...I had a severe one yesterday, bad enough to send me home early and put me to bed at 8:00pm, I am feeling it again this morning, I hate that about starting back...oh well though I guess I do what I have to do to get through it ... hopefully it will not be as bad today.

Faye - Hope you are feeling better today...I like to walk in the rain, as long as it is not too cold. Enjoy!

Julie - I know you will catch up with me, heck you might even pass me ... you tend to exercise and I don't, ha ha

Amanda - Yes, I am truly miserable right now from the fat and caffiene withdrawal, but I know it will pass...congrats on two 4 pointers in a row, you are off to a great start.

Sandy - Hope all is going good for you today!!!

I am just hoping to get through the week OP ... tomorrow my work is ordering Pizza Hut pizza for us all...I could eat 2 pcs of cheese only hand tossed but I do not know if I could stop there so I better just bring my lunch, huh?

Well it is raining here too, a depressing day I guess... but I guess it fits my mood today Have a good day everyone!!! OP OP OP OP OP
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote