Old 12-22-2004, 05:49 PM   #31  
I'm a homeschool mama

Checking in. I've had a nice slow day. I got one load of laundry done and the other is in the dryer. It has been snowing most of the day. Started out with huge, beautiful flakes and now it's small but really thick. This is VERY strange for Texas. But it is gorgeous.

Kristin, I got a Kodak Easyshare when I purchased my Dell computer. It has been good, but I can't keep the batteries charged. They die too soon. But otherwise it is easy and takes great pictures. The software is very explanatory.

Jeniqua, I do have big, big babies but I know many people that have bigger too.

Mel, thanks for the wtg on only 25 lbs. It's still too much for me since I'm big to begin with, but it beats 40 to 50 lbs. Of course, I do have about 6 weeks to go. I just hope I can do things as well as you after I have the baby even though I don't have a gym or personal trainer membership. I'll do the best I can and can use you as motivation.

Dinner is salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and some noodles. I don't eat the noodles, I'll replace that with a salad. It's gonna be cold all week, but this is the only day with snow and such. I'd like a sunny but cold Christmas since I have to get out of the house.
What is everyone's plans for this weekend? Friday, we're going to my moms and having lunch and Christmas with my sister and all of my family. Then we'll come home and have some dinner and then sit around the tree and open our gifts to the kids. Then Saturday morning, we'll eat cereal and then get to dh's grandmas. They eat Christmas breakfast or brunch around 1000, then open gifts and start lunch which we'll eat around 200 or 300. I always look so forward to all the fun we have. I enjoy it at dh's grandparents more than my family and I hate to say that, but it's true. I just can't wait. I tried to get dh to invite his dad over to our house Christmas Eve evening for dinner and to watch the kids open their gifts. We've NEVER had a holiday with him and he's never seen Andrew, but I don't think dh wants to. He really can't stand his dad but I hate to think that his dad will spend Christmas, alone in a hotel room. But we'll see if dh changes his mind.
I didn't mean to go on and on, but I was just waiting for dinner to cook and the kids were being quiet so I thought I'd hang around for a bit.
Hope all is well with everyone.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 05:51 PM   #32  
I'm a homeschool mama

Mel, I'm so sorry dd is sick. I hope it's nothing serious. I hate it always, but right at the holidays it just messes everything up. I'll keep you and her in my prayers. Hope she gets better SOON!
Old 12-22-2004, 05:57 PM   #33  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies! You all were busy posting this morning! I was actually up by 8 so I came in here thinking I would get a good post in and there were so many already I decided to wait till I got home and got baby down for a nap! LOL Penny was right when she said I was going to wake up to like 40 posts! Anyway got to the gym and worked out for an hour!! I did upper body and my arms are so weak now I can barely pick Bayley up! I am also sore from doing my 50 min walk/run yesterday so I am hurting today, but's its a good hurt I guess. Been drinking a lot of water too, almost got 64 oz down and had to stop at Target just to run in and pee today!! LOL I thought I was going to burst. Anyway the rest of the day is just taking care of my little snot nose sicky and trying to get things picked up around here, also need to get a shower and go with sis stocking stuffer shopping tonight. SHould be a blast with all these late shoppers!

Chris gotta love those snot stories! LOL I was laughing about yours. When Bayley sneezes and stuff comes out she stops wherever she is and looks at me like she's scared until I get it off her face, I think it's because I always say Uh Oh really loud when that happens so now she knows what's coming! lol kind of funny! Sounds like you are doing good today, too cool about the snow.

Penny I think the tornado must have blown through my house too, sure made quick time between LA and Oregon! lol

Hi Kris love the camera!! I'm chatting with you right now so not much to say except I'm out like pegged pants! lol

Crystal glad everything went well with the doc (did I already tell you that?) Can you tell I'm a little frazzled from Christmas? lol Anyway good job on the good mood, you sound great!

Hi Jeniqua, I didn't sleep the day away! LOL It's just really early here when you all post so I'm always the last one up cuz I'm the only one from the west coast on this thread lol. However if Bayley slept in till 10 I'm sure I would join her! Glad your feeling better!

Mel another wonderful workout as usual!! Good for you!! Making up for that cake I see. I'm sure you will do great at this weeks WI!

Tracy I was cracking up when I read about your snot story! Too funny!! Hope you are staying out of the snacks! lol you can do it!!

Hi Michelle!

Roxy brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! That's too cold for me!! Is there snow too? I love working in my garden too! I love my hydrangeas, I bought them a few years back when they were really small and they keep getting bigger and bigger, they are just so pretty. Your garden sounds great too! They are a lot of work but so worth it, especially if you grow your own food!

Ok I don't think I missed anyone and if I did SORRY!! lol I need to get scootin so I can get some things done! Hope you all are doing great!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:04 PM   #34  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Mel sorry about your daughter!! I hope she feels better soon, seems like our kids are passing around the sickness!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:38 PM   #35  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Mel, your dd is a sick little one too. Okay, I think everyone has at least one sick child in the house now. As long as its gone by Christmas Eve.

Jill-Isn't it just sick that we are all swapping "snot" stories... This is what we do for fun. I haven't got much exercise in today, but have drank almost all my water for the day. I'm developing quite the relationship with the bathroom.

Crystal-Christmas Eve we're going to the Christmas program at the church in the afternoon. Then we go to my Dad's house for the evening. Get the kids home and into bed. Christmas morning we open our presents and see what Santa left. Then get ready, hustle over to my sister's before we have to run out of town to deliver Tiana to her dad's house. Back into town by 2:00 for dinner at dh's mom's house and open presents there. Home in the evening and collapse.... Dh's brother hasn't been home for Christmas in 26 yrs. so this ought to be neat. His other brother is coming down from his house too. I love Christmas but hate all this running we have to do. Last year was so easy because we had Christmas here and everyone came to us. THis year, it's back to hectic.

Well guess I better go figure out what's for dinner. I hate that job.
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:49 PM   #36  
I'm a homeschool mama

Chris, bite your tongue. I don't have any sick ones. Andrew had that little cold but it seems to be gone, just a little runny nose. Otherwise everyone's fine. I hope all the sick ones out there are better for the holidays.
You will be busy. That's why we can't wait until next year, we'll have our new big home and plan to have everyone to our house instead of this running around. It's not terrible, we only have one place to go on Christmas Eve and one place to go on Christmas, but it will be nice to have it our home. I LOVE hosting parties and being the hostess so I can't wait.
Okay, now I'm ready to eat dinner. TTYL
Old 12-22-2004, 08:48 PM   #37  

Hey Roxy!

I signed up. And I thought it was cold here. Don't think you'll talk me into movin' to MN any time soon!
orate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:22 PM   #38  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,

Mel,
I am soooo sorry to hear Abigail is sick That really sucks! Hopefully it will be a 24 hour bug and then it will go AWAY! Sending some get better vibes your way!

I wanna address everyone but my baby too is not feeling well

Gotta go rock him ....

I'll check in in the am
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 08:27 AM   #39  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Startin a new thread
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote