Old 12-21-2004, 11:09 PM   #31  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Thank everyone for the kind thoughts. I am feeling a little better about life in general tonight. BIL is in the hospital and seems to be improving, slowly, but we will take anything. His chance of remission is very high, so keep your fingers crossed.
I put up a small tree and decorated the table. It looks cute and gave me a smile. Finished up shopping today. YAY! They said we will get snow for the next 2 days, so I didn't want to chance being stuck with the shopping undone. I have never been this late finishing up. I usually have it wrapped and ready a week or two in advance. I really blew it all off this year. Now it is okay and will be great. I am even wanting to get cooking, but that will be Thurs.
I guess tomorrow will be a lazy day. I will lounge in my kimono, eat bon bons and watch soap operas. (while looking at the pretty white stuff falling) No, Jane, I refuse to go out and make angels. I hate to be cold!
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:23 AM   #32  
GmaTo8

Default Yay, my internet still works!!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve!!

Cristi - yep, we did get a bunch of snow. It has been drifting, so it's hard to tell, but I'd guess 10-12 inches. And it's still snowing!!

Ellen - I once sent Neal to the store for Miracle Whip, and he came home with Cool Whip. Another time I sent him for the kind of pudding that you cook, and he came home with the instant kind and said they don't make the other stuff anymore. The clerk and I had a good laugh over that when I returned it, lol.

Marti - hope you're off tonight. When will you be able to get Jhanai? Glad you helped out your grandpa. It will be sad this year w/o your grandma. (((HUGS))) We went through the same thing last year since Fern had just passed away.

Angie - Neal, Katie and I all watch Desperate Housewives. That show cracks me up! I remember the one gal who played Paige from Knots Landing. Remember her? She and the tycoon played strip croquet, lol. And of course the other actresses have done some recognizable work, too.

Sue - you ol' party pooper, lol! How much snow did you get? Pass the bon bons, will ya?

Susan - did you run off to Hawaii already?

As I told Cristi, we got a lot of snow! Around a foot, and it's still snowing! I shoveled about 75 feet over towards Mary's house, and then all around to our back porch door. Speaking of doors, I had a real hard time getting the front storm door open this morning, due to drifting snow! Thank goodness for the doggie door for the dogs to go out and do their business! Poor things had to just plow through it, lol.

I made a snow angel, but everyone else was asleep, so there are no pictures of that. This is the first time in years that I was fit enough to get down there and back up w/o help, lol. I laid there and looked at the falling snow... and in the breaks of the snow clouds, I could see a few stars here and there. It was beautiful! Can't wait for all the DGDs to wake up and go play outside with me!! Wish all the Jaded Ladies could, too!

Bbl,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 10:13 AM   #33  

Good morning Ladies,

I am here...still alive and kicking. Work has been so out of control with the end of the year. I did just find out this morning that I do not have to work Christmas day or New Years Eve YIPPPPEEE

Wishing you all much love, happiness and health. I'll learn everyones names soon, I promise.

Ann
yetagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 02:00 PM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone.....

Is this chat morning??

Cristi--I know exactly what you mean about not seeing a car then once someone owns one, I see it every where. It was that way w/our Toyota Supra. Now, after 5yrs of owning it....I don't see them that much anymore.
The other night I couldn't figure out how to turn my wipers on! Then when it started raining...it started working. That was pretty cool.

Ellen--A photo of you is a memory for your children!! And us.....we would love to see a photo of the wonderful Ellen. But of coarse, I don't want to pressure you, so post one someday ONLY if you ever get comfortable with doing so.

Angie--I started watching the Biggest Loser, but then my show that I must always watch (Amazing Race) started and it's on at the same time. I do get on the site to see who was sent home and how much weight they've lost after they left the show. Amazing!! I'm always glad to see that they stuck with it!

Jane--What a wonderful NSV!!!!!!! Snow Angels!! I we haven't had snow deep enough for me to want to make a snow angel...or maybe I should say soft enough. Last year it snowed, and it didn't get too deep at all...about 2" or so. Beautiful to walk in during the night!

Sue--Glad that your BIL is improving! Always good news! I want some Bon bons too....pass some over here once Jane is done!

Ann--Glad to see you here!! And also glad to hear you don't have to work on Christmas or New Years Eve!! Don't worry about getting to know everyones names right away...it takes time. Just glad to have you here!

Ok....I'm going to check the chat room...anyone going in??
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 02:19 PM   #35  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good afternoon ladies~

Jana~hey, you just keep all that white stuff to yourself missy! I am not ready for it. A foot of snow eh? Geez, it must be coming down fast since I last saw all the mess (it's on the front page of AOL), said IN got 5-6 inches, can't imagine a foot of snow. I am happy to say we haven't gotten any but they said tomorrow possibly. It sure is cold enough, with the wind chill it is 2 degrees...brrrrrr. Too cold for me. I hope you and the grandkids have fun playing in it.

Angie~I didn't get the heated seats either, didn't really think it was a necessity. Besides once I am in and situated the seat gets pretty warm on its own. It does heat up pretty fast. I didn't go to a class but we did go back a few days after buying it and the guy went over the book while we waited for him to fill it up and them detail it-I just wasn't listening. Yeah, like the oil change thing-we didn't get a certifcate but was told our first oil change is free and he gave us two full tanks of gas. One when we went back because when buying it he didn't have a key to get in the back to clean it up and fill it up and then another for the inconvenience. I like too that they have called to follow-up and see how we are liking it and how everything is going. Also, like the fact that a portion of the sale went to help kids with cancer. I didn't even know this until a little while ago when they sent another welcome letter and had a brochure with it telling us this-made feel good knowing that. Anyway...i caught about a minute of Biggest Losers as I was switching stations once but never watched the whole thing. Just caught my first episode of Desperate Housewives and it was funny. They have been talking about it on the radio quite a bit here and how everyone likes it and it being kind of irionic since the people in the bible belt are totally against everything that goes on on the show. But it was funny. I am going to have to remember it is on as I usually watch something else. Dd has been watching it though and loves it.

Marti~since you got grandpas house cleaned come on over and do mine! PLEASE!!!! LOL I have gotten so lazy but the holidays are a busy time.

Hi Sue~glad to hear are a little more in the spirit. Now how far are you from Jana? How much snow did you guys get? Like I told Miss Jane, you ladies keep that white stuff in IN! LOL Glad to hear about BIL and I definitely will keep him in my thoughts and prayers,and keep my fingers crossed.

Hi Ann~good to see you checking in. Was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you got those special days off!

Oh Jane, I remember Knots Landing-that was one of my favorite shows! I was sad when they took it off the air, just like a lot of other favs. I swear everytime I get into a show I can't miss they take it off. It is Nicolette (sp?) Sheridan-I remember her on Knots Landing and she dated Michale Bolton, made me jealous-had a thing for Michael Bolton for a while.

Anyway...HI and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone else!

Today was Wal-Mart Wednesday. Thought I should get up and get an early start thinking maybe they would be very busy. I ended up going to a different one quite a ways from us but in the same county. It is a new one that we have been meaning to go to. I was surprised to see they weren't busy at all. Maybe when people get off from work, but this morning at 9:30 they weren't. It was 9:30 when we got there because of all the other stops I had to make a long the way. Anyway...ready for Fridays dinner. Tomorrow I am going to do some prep work and bake the desserts so I don't have as much to do Friday. I am looking forward to midnight mass, it will be nice. But other than that tomorrow will be my lazy day. I keep going back and forth with this pic thing, not sure why. I made another appt. for a pic and canceled it-were supposed to go this evening. I am not really seeing the point of it I guess so...we will forgo it entirely this year, and maybe next year-we'll see about next year when it gets here. Never fear Jana, I will get a recent pic posted. I am going to get some taken in front of the fireplace since we will be kind of dressed up for mass, and just post them on yahoo. But I will send you one for sure.

That's about all I have for now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Edited to say Hi to Marti! Ooops! Forgot about Chat...oh well maybe next week. Jane, just saw they updated the AOL news thingy and it says Evansville has a foot of snow, I just can't imagine that much snow. Anyway, have fun playing in it and make a snowman for me! :sman:

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-22-2004 at 02:51 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:50 PM   #36  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Ann - good to see you! Glad you have Christmas Day and NYE off! Any special plans for either day?

Marti - OMG! I totally forgot about chat today! I went in early to the dentist, since he had so many cancellations, and had a filling replaced, and got sidetracked after that. Was anyone in chat?

Cristi - yep, we got almost a foot which was a few more than what they got in town. And it's snowing again, with anywhere from 5 to 10 inches more expected. The further south in Indiana, the more snow. You mentioned the right actress from Knots Landing, and I'm glad to know someone else missed that show as much as I did. I was also a big Dallas fan. Were you?

Hi to Katy, Ellen, Angie and the rest, wherever you are!

Also hello to my new friend who may be lurking... we aren't talking about weight loss very much this close to Christmas, but I think the conversation will steer that way after some January 2nd weigh-ins, lol. Please feel free to jump in, ok?

Have a good evening!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:31 PM   #37  

Hello again....

Just poppin in real quick before work. I didn't see anyone in chat this morning...but I had some errands to run and visits to do so I really had to get going this morning...so if I missed anyone .....sorry, hopefully next week.

I got to get my garbage set on the side of the road and gather my recycling....what fun eh?

I hope you are all enjoying your day today and that you have all your Christmas shopping done and don't have to worry about the crowds! And if you're out driving : BE CAREFUL!!!!

Ok...better get stuff done.

Hugs to all!!
Old 12-22-2004, 08:02 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

HI,

Just popping in. Missed you all !! Thanks for all the cards and lovely pot holder(Cristi that was so sweet of you all, I appreciate it.
I didn't get any cards out. I will have Christmas in January , I guess.

I was in a car accident yesterday.Rammed into a SAAB ......Katy would know where.......in Hillsdale at the 3rd light by the 76 station.....thought the light was green up ahead and ....anyway. Gaby wasn't in the car, thanks goodness,,,,and not much damage to the other car.

$5000 damage. Hope they don't total it....have a nice rental. The girls think that is cool........."clean car, ma!!!" lol

Have a motion date on the 18th for change of venue.Mediation thing on the 3rd.....

*sigh*.......Rocky is great. He is sending me a couple of hundred to buy presents. I blurted out... " I haven't even bought anything Rocky......I am lucky to be getting these bills paid" So he said "I am sending you some $$ use it for the girls, buy them something from you....."

He is the sweetest......now he fusses he didn't send enough......*pinch* myself, how did I get so blessed?? Never had a man like this......

I guess that is a fast update. I have to go for dinner.

Missed you all!!! Your daughter is a beauty Ellen.......
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:36 PM   #39  
One day at a time

Susan~you didn't mention if anyone was hurt so I am assuming you weren't thank goodness! I am sorry to hear of the accident tho. I am glad that you have been blessed with Rocky in your life.

Jane~I just noticed I typed Jana a few times, oops! I got so used to calling you that that I still refer to you as Jana to the family (V & the kids). So just tell me to stop it if I do it again and it bothers you. In the beginning of Dallas I didn't know about it and everyone was talking about it. I am not sure at what point I started watching but did watch till the end and loved that show too! I was wondering if you guys were buried out there yet. I bet all that snow is beautiful. So who is this new friend? Welcome Janes new friend if you are lurking. Hope you decide to drop on in for some chit chat.

Marti~girly you are starting to sound like Angie, busy, busy, busy! Not sure how you girls do it. You be careful also, being out so late and all.

This was just a quickie to say Hi to everyone. See ya tomorrow some time.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:44 PM   #40  
PamPSM644

Hi J-ladies,I'm Pam. I've been over on the 100's club sence back in Aug when I first found this site. What a blessing it's been.I don't know if I could of gotten as far as I have without it. I've gone from 282 to 222. I'd like to skip back and forth if thats OK. Sometmes it gets a little slow there and as I spend alot of time alone it's nice to chat with someone. :snf:
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:10 PM   #41  
One day at a time

Hi and a big WELCOME Pam! Looking forward to getting to know ya.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:43 PM   #42  
RosieKate

Welcome Pam! What great success you have had....I love a good success story as it motivates me to keep on...keepin' on...KWIM? Look forward to getting to know you better

Jane - All that snow! We just don't get it like that here... I'm still debating whether I need a coat or just a sweater when I leave the house. Can you believe it? Since I am a tried-and-true Oregonian - I never leave the house with an umbrella, lol

Susan - so glad you are ok - I know exactly what intersection you are talking about. I'm not a fan of driving in Hillsdale, but gotta go there to get to the library, sigh.

Marti - Sorry I missed chat - just busy with running around today - might make tomorrow pm - but you're working so I'll have to try to check in another time.

Hi to Angie, Cristi, Ellen, Ann...my shopping is all done! yay.. tomorrow I am baking some lemon shortbread and homemade bread and trying to get in some housecleaning..hopefully will be able to drop in on the pm chat.

Had my first chiropractic visit today and was very impressed with the clinic and the physician. I am so fortunate that I can walk to the clinic from my house and it is in my healthcare network so I only have to pay a copay...they also have massage therapy and my copay is $25. Now, I don't know if any of you are into massage, but I love it but haven't had one in awhile because the going rate around here is $60/hour. So I was ecstatic to find out that I have some coverage for this. I couldn't book one fast enough, haha. It's Mommy time, folks!

I have to go as my DS8 is bugging me to play some Harry Potter CDROM - will check in with you all later!
Cheers
Old 12-22-2004, 10:33 PM   #43  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening. We got about an inch of snow this morning and now it is coming down thick again. If we get as much snow as Jane then I will be indoors for a few more days. We stayed in the house all day, so to keep from being bored I baked brownies and some cookies. Just another thing I don't have to do tomorrow. Jerry baked bread for 2 of the neighbors and a loaf for us. He will bake some for family next. It is so good! Needless to say I am not walking, so I have to really watch what I eat.

I will have to wrap a few more things tomorrow and make a salad and dip for Fri. Other than that I am all ready for both Fri. and Sat. Oh, I might run the sweeper and dust..lol.

Drinking a cup of Sleepytime tea and then off to bed. Good night JL's.

Jane and Cristi, I, too, miss Knot's Landing. I also watched Dallas, but KL was my very favorite.

edited to say that BIL was doing even better today.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:07 AM   #44  
Closed

:merry:HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE MERRY CHRISTMAS THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS DAY.
How is everyone today , feeling a little under the weather today , hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.I did get snow today ,its definitly white outside but its calling for rain tomorrow so it will be gone as quick as it came it appears, so I'm not to happy about that. Jane I think I will have to come and play with you in the snow, haven't done that for years and years.Did you and the little ones have a good time today.Did Katie play monopoly with you this time on her snow day off. Cool whip huh I don't think that would taste to good on a sandwhich lol I love the pudding story.I've heard those stories to. You have to sympathize though, they do try don't they. So the doggies had to shovel their own way out today did they, sure glad we have indoor plumbing my one kitty uses the toilet , never could teach her to flush though Well I hope you had a great day in the snow .I see Susan has resurfaced welcome back stranger, thought you left without me.Sorry to hear about your accident ,but glad to hear that you weren't injured and that Gaby wasn't with you. Sounds like Rocky is being very sweet and supportive . I will be happy for you when your new life begins , and you can put the rest behind you. So glad your back and everything is fine, I was getting worried about you. Well enjoy your rental car and take care of yourself.Hi Marti , I have always been so uncomfortable taking pictures, there are pictures of me just none recently , the last was my drivers licence and that was scary. I will try to get a picture sometime when I'm feeling a little better about myself . Hi Sue .so glad that your feeling a little better ,mmmm cookies and brownies,and fresh baked bread, sounds so yummy. It seems like we are all getting snow,so if your not into playing out in the snow like Jane stay in and stay warm. Hi Katy oh I would love a massage never had one in my life, but could sure use one now.your lucky you have some coverage for that. I can almost smell that fresh bread and lemon shortbread sounds so good. I bet James and Leigh are getting so excited with Christmas so close. Hi Cristi ,so you got the snow to did you, I was so happy when we did but then I heard it was gonna rain tomorrow and wash it all away.I used to watch Dallas and Knots Landing , they were my favorite shows to. I'm glad to hear your spirits are picking up .Apparently I have a gift coming tomorrow , I don't know what it is but for some reason it will be here tomorrow, so I'm so excited and curious. I didn't tell you what else my kids gave me for my birthday , it turns out that my son and daughter bought me a little chandeleir I had been eyeing for the front entrance, It didn't come in time to give it to me on my birthday , thats why I had to wait , so another surprise is coming, I have been so spoiled this year, not sure I deserve all this.
Hi Pam welcome welcome,looking forward to getting to know you . Hi Angie , I will do the makeover sometime in the new year when things are over and packed and settled again,and the holiday meal is a thing of the past at least till the next one I am looking forward to getting myself back on track I have been off for a couple of years and I have had enough of this.I don't want to be embarrassed about my appearance ,I have spent all my time fixing the house ,now its time for me, I haven't had my hair done in years, bought myself some clothes or anything, just didn't see myself as a priority. How is Brandon and Tanner doing ? Do they still get excited at Christmas.
Hi Ann glad to see you here again.I am happy you got the days off ,its nice to get a break from work... Well Girls its late and I should be in bed so Hello to everyone I didn't manage to get to I will try to do it tomorrow so night all and see you tomorrow,Gosh I almost forgot to thank Katy and Katie for the wonderful cards katy the children are so sweet and cute and Katie the angel is so cute , thankyou so much . I guess the only one so far that got a card from me is Angie. I sure hope they come tomorrow.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 06:26 AM   #45  

Good Morning lovely ladies--

Got home a few minutes ago and I have to say that I'm tired. I drank some wonderful coffee at my Aunts and after awhile....I was ready for bed. So being at work was tough!!

Susan--I'm glad that you're ok. Had me worried for a minute and then realized that you must be ok since you are posting and you didn't mention any injuries. What a sweetheart Rocky is!! He's a keeper. So did you ever get your package (or was it a card) from him??? What was it? Curious minds want to know.....only if you want to share!

Cristi--I think I'm FAR from being like Angie and her tireless ways! But I have been more busy than I usually am. Tomorrow I have to go to the grocery store to get some Christmas dinner items, then after that Im making some cookies, and sometime before work, Shanna may stop in. Then.....it's Christmas Eve and I should be able to RELAX a little!! (hopefully anyways)

Pam--Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!! So glad to see you here. I am looking forward to getting to know more about you!

Katy--I was really busy this morning myself. I had so many things to do, and actually managed to get most of it done....now...if I could find some little elves who would finish up my laundry I would be set! We'll catch up on Chat another time.

Sue--Snow?! Now where are you located? Didn't you say you moved to Cali? Or am I thinking of someone else? If you're in Cali....is it really snowing? Because if that's the case....Oregon may get some flurries in the near future and I really don't want to see any. (sorry Jane & Ellen)
So happy that BIL is doing better!!

Ellen--I hope you feel better tomorrow. Feeling bad during this busy time of year is tough. (well,,,, I guess it's tough no matter what time of year it is)
I like how you look at putting yourself first now that you have fixed up your house and all that. Making yourself a top priority is a great thing and I need to do that myself. I've been watching my "love" handles expand and I haven't even dared step on the scale...but I know it's time to start working on me. I will make a difference this coming year.

good morning to the rest of you girls!!

Ok...thought I would catch up on individuals now while I had time and before I was so far behind that I wouldn't know what to say! I hope you all have a wonderful morning and when I get and if I have time...I will pop in!

Hugs to you all!