Old 11-16-2004, 04:15 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys!!

Just a quick hello from me for now!! I was just assigned my cancer warrior and I'm so excited His name is Zach Allen and you can visit his page at www.caringbridge.org/il/zachallen He is 12 years old and suffering stage IV Neuroblastoma I'm so happy to be able to provide him with some smiles!!

I made a new siggie for myself today!! How do ya'll like it? Ok I gotta go!! I just wanted to share my news

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 06:04 PM   #17  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all,
I'm sniffling my way through the afternoon... I got Nicole's dress done. I let her try it on. She looks so cute. When I have her all cleaned up, I'll take a picture of her in it.

I got most of my laundry done. 2 loads left. Yeahhhhhh!!!! Now I'm getting ready to box some stuff up for ebay, so I can have it all ready to go.

I haven't even eaten my way through the day. I've been drinking lots of water and tea. I found some really cool snacks at the store. Only one WW point. They are a pastry twist made from puff pastry. There's almond, vanilla, cinnamon, and raspberry flavor. I bought the raspberry. They are like the size of a med. bread stick. Good stuff.

Michelle-After I finish this post, I'm going to check out your warrior. That is so neat! I'm going to have to send myself to siggie school so that I can make me a cool siggie.... I can't believe I'm soooo uneducated on this thing.

Jill-How's the power cleaning going? Hopefully you're house appraisal is going good!

Kristin-Sorry to hear about Kasey too. It's hard to lose someone...whether its a person or a pet. The cat we had as a pet where I work, had to be put to sleep about 2 months ago. I almost hate to say this...but I was bawling. He'd been there for 12 years and my only company on Mondays. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Deana-You would really kick me in the butt? Must we resort to violence? What plan are you on? I was kind of scared of CORE because it doesn't seem to have limits on what you can eat from their list of foods. I'm afraid I wouldn't stop. Maybe if I ate better foods-like the CORE foods-I wouldn't eat so much.

Everyone must be busy today. Wow! I'll check back on you ladies later. I have to check out the source of the quietness in this house. I should be afraid...I think.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 06:58 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello all!!
So sorry I've been MIA! This training has me soooo tired, I've been coming home, getting dinner done, some light housework (my house needs some serious tlc right now from the weekend) and then the kids go down at 8 pm and I'm out by 8:30... I've been so busy. But things are going great! Please dont forget about me or think I've abandoned you all!!! Well, I've got to get some laundry done so my slacks are clean for work tomorrow so I'm off of here. I'll try to check in again before I go to bed tonight ok? Miss you all!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:09 PM   #19  
**Kristin**

Hi Ladies! Feeling a little better, thanks for the warm thoughts..I really can feel them. I relaxed a little and know tat it is for the best, and I can't give up on days like today, because tomorrow will still be here, and I will be too...if I continue to make healthy choices. I guess its life, you get upset, and the rest all goes down hill.....anyway, I am just hanging out after a salad for dinner and I am planing on getting my hair re-highlighted on Thursday, that should brighten my spirits

Michelle - That is so cool! I checked out his site, and he looks very sweet! I got my little 'paperwork' filled out and Christy Lillig emailed me back almost instantly to tell me thanks and I will get my warrior soon!!! I noticed though that your warrior had some other "angel" too? Whats the deal with that!?!?! I want a christmas siggy....or at least a little info as to where I can make my own! LOL!

Jill - Not worried about the costume...however I am still waiting for pictures! hehe, hope you got the house done like you wanted! Let us know how the apprasial goes, okay?

Chris - I think tomorrow is going to be harder But I will be okay, I have cried and will probably cry some more, she is part of our family! Thanks for your kind words! Congrats on all the laundry done, its a great feeling, I hate laundry!

Deana - WOW! Congrats on the lbs and the inches! You are awesome, I am dying to see a newer pic of ya!

I think that I probably sounded really whiney in my post, but I don't think it was just the dog. Its everything this year. Some years are just like that I suppose, but it seems like my family keeps getting smacked over and over. First my aunt who left 4 small chidlren behind, then my grandma (the last on my side of the fam) and now the dog. Next will be Adams grandmother, her brain tumors are back and this will definately be her last christmas. Also 2 of our good friends Matt and Matt (yes they are both Matt's) are getting sent back to Iraq..one leaves in 2 weeks, the other in March. By knowing them and thier 'military friends' we know of 3 deaths this year over there, and all of them have children! Its just been a tough time around here! But...You ladies are an incredible support system for me, and I wouldn't know what to do without it!

Sorry for rambling about my life! I suppose I should put a "kristin is going to whine alot, BEWARE sign in front of that paragraph, huh? well anyway, gonna go spend some time with the fam! Have a great night to you all!
Love Always! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:21 PM   #20  

Hey guys!!

Kristin some Warriors have more than one Angel, which is fine by me because that means that child gets that many more smiles I never made it to walmart we went to the grocery and I was too tired and hurting. But I'm gonna get his mom a few of those facial mask packs that they have at walmart, and then I'm going to get his sister some Hair things, and then I'm gonna see if I can find some cool things for Zach too And Damnit Stop your whining Just kidding girly you know we love you!! I'll make you an xmas siggie I'll deliver it tonight!!

Spryng, geez woman!! Stop ignoring us I hope you are enjoying your work!! It feels like its been forever since you've posted!!

Deana way to go on the awesome loss!! I'm so proud of you!!

Chris are you feeling better? I hope so!!

Okay well the kiddos want to play with me so I'm gonna go for now!! TTYL
Michelle
Old 11-16-2004, 07:32 PM   #21  
**Kristin**

Thanks Michelle, you are a doll! I need a good kick in the butt! Can't wait to hear what you get for Zach! okay - I should get the dinner dishes cleaned up! Goodnight!

Spryng -!!!! We wouldn't forget about you! Workign full time is a hge transittion, we will wait a little longer for you to get in the swing of things and then we are going to start knocking down your door in the evenings !! Glad you are having a great time at work! Love ya!

okay thats it for now! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:24 PM   #22  
I'm a homeschool mama

Just checking in for the night. I did read the posts but then I got off before I could post and now I'm not sure how much I can remember.

Michelle, love the new sig. Keep us in the spirit.

Spryng, so glad you could check in . Sorry you're staying so busy, but you're now a working mama.

Kristin, so sorry you're going through so much. But out of all the bad things, good things ALWAYS come. I know it's hard to believe now, but it's true. And God is in control of what's happening and you'll soon see the upper side of things. Try to keep in good spirits the best you can. You're in my prayers.

Hello to Mel, Chris, Amy and all you other desperate housewives.

The doc's appt was great. I'm totally healthy, the baby is totally healthy and we are definitely on the down side of things. I'm suppose to be going every two weeks now, but he said since I'm doing so well and I told him I have to get sitters everytime I go, he'll let me slide for three weeks. I also went to see my mom at her work and my sister was there with no kids. So my mom took me and sis out to lunch. First time in 5 years since me, my mom and sis went out with no kids. That was nice. By the way, I'm 29 weeks, so I've got I think 11 weeks before my actual due date, that sounds great.
Okay, I just got the kids in bed, but they're not going to sleep. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:38 PM   #23  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default hello gals

Quick post from me, Christian is sick with adenovirus. Basically, upper respirtatory, plus ear infections! He is miserable and I feel so bad for him!

Work is going well, I figured Christian would get sick after starting daycare, but he gets sick alot anyway. I am tired, but can't sleep yet with him awake.

I'll be back, he isscreaming now!

LOVE!!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:45 PM   #24  

Special Delivery......

There ya go Kristin, I hope you like it!

Cindi I'm sooo sorry Christian is sick It seems like you never get a break girly I hope you at least get one week where no one is sick lol. I'm glad work is going well!

Ok I'm off to surf the webby web LOL
TTYL!!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:11 PM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Never thought I would get here this evening.....but this will have to be short.
Spryng- congrats (?) on joining the employed outside the home.....sort of redefines the word tired in my book, trying to juggle job of any sort and home.

Crystal- good news that the Dr appt went well.....glad the bambino is healthy. How are you feeling??

Kristin- personally, I think you have every reason to whine......squawk.....cry......whatever. Pets are around for us no matter what, and in a peculiar way here for us more than our human relatives at times. Sorry about your dog.....you have had a tough year.

Chris- glad you found some good snacks that fit in with WW. Do you log your points every day???

Well, I would love to address everyone, but Ds is waiting for the computer. Good news this evening is that I took him for PT for his hand and the therapist thought that he was doing great.....almost at full flexibility already. And the strength will be there soon too. Sorry for those I could not address personally.......I do hope that tomorrow will be more sane. Have a great nite.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:13 PM   #26  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Cindi: Sorry to hear Christian is sick again! sending him feel better hugs.

Michelle: Love the new siggie!!!

Chris: I am simply counting calories, excercising and drinking about a gallon of water each day. I knew I couldn't do anything like WW, South Beach, Atkins or anything restrictive to I would burn out on it fast. This way I can eat what I want just watch portions and I look at all lables now . I still watch what I eat to an extent and I use Splenda instead of sugar now.....oh and NO soda! That was the biggest thing for me to give up, but I did. I haven't had one in over 2 1/2 months! I keep a food log each day so that helps tremendously. And no, I wouldn't resort to violence but I would come up there to get you jump started .....lol. You will find what's right for you and when you find something that works, stick with it. Don't try to fix it if it's not broken!

Kristin: Glad you are feeling better now. Cry if you have to, it's normal. And yes, we are here for you

Jill: Hope you got the house clean and the appraisal went well.

Crystal: Glad all are healthy! Not too long to go now.

Spryng: Glad you are enjoying your job! Am I going to have to come out there and take you to lunch to get to find out anything new? I will let you know when I will be making a trip your way. Maybe we can hook up on a weekend.

Thank you all for the cheers and kudos on my losses! It really feels great and yes, as soon as I remember to send my camera in and get it fixed I will take some new pics then post them side by side with the old one. Maybe by then I will be even thinner . Love you all. Putting kids to bed then kicking back til dh gets home in about 2 hours .

Have a great night and sleep well.

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 11-16-2004 at 10:17 PM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 07:36 AM   #27  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

New thread started @ #289. See ya there.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote