Old 11-10-2004, 01:05 PM   #16  
burned out bus driver

Just a quick hello from a missing in action person.......it is great to see this thread so busy, lots of new ladies here too. For those of you who do not know me, I date back to this at when it was stay at home mom's ~ around the late teens, I think (18 or 19).
Not much of a stay at home mom now, I am a part time school bus driver. But then if you look at it one way, I am technically mother of 55 kids at one time for several hours a day.....thinking of it that way gives me a headache.........

I did get my workout in this am....and hopefully will get to my WW meeting tomorrow after I take Ds to have the cast on his hand removed. Then some shopping and hopefully I can enjoy the day off from work. Guess I'd better go do something productive. It's nice to be here and check in for a quick hello!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:11 PM   #17  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Ok I promised Kristin I would at least check in today. I kept up with all of you yesterday but just could not motivate myself to post. I have been very overwhelmed with school and am falling back into bad study habits, or should I say lack of. When I get stressed I will find ANYTHING to do besides the task at hand and it really doesn't serve me well. This usually happens if the project I have to do is somewhat unclear. If it's clear then I get right to it and get it done. Needless to say my whole house is clean, what does that tell you about my projects? LOL I've also been on SLINGO.com A LOT!! Thank you to whoever brought it up........NOT!! LOL It's definitley addicting.

Bayley is STILL sick and so this is week 2 that I havent been to they gym. I don't want to fall into a habit here at home or it will be hard to go back. I am still around 144 though, give or take a half pound so that is encouraging. Oh and my size 10's are loose on me now. Usually they would be loose by the end of the day after I wear them but they are loose now right out of the drier. Very cool! Well I guess I should mention that they are stretch size 10's but hey, they're still loose right?

Hey Ginny nice to hear from you again! you are a SAHM alumni when it comes to this site! LOL

Hi Deana glad to hear one of the pounds was off already. I was going to tell you that when you mentioned you had chips this weekend the salt on them was probably what made you retain some water. Especially if you don't have then that often. They can really make the water hold in. I'm sure you lost again just have to flush that salt out. I have also heard that red meat stays with you longer and can make you see a temporary gain. So no worries you are doing great!

Phoenix I haven't officially greeted you yet. I am Jill SAHM to Bayley 14 months. I've been here since July and have lost 13 pounds since August. This is a great place to find motivation to lose. You see all these women struggling with different things in their life but they have all resolved to lose weight for themselves and their families and you can't help but follow along. It's also nice cuz we all fall off once in awhile and there is always someone here to help you get back on the diet wagon. Anyway we're glad to have you!!!!

Crystal you were MIA!! That's crazy! I don't think there has been more than one day when you weren't here. You must be super busy. That is so exciting about all the houst things. You make me want to build! Well not for a couple years but I hope it is in our future!

Hi Sherry glad you seem to be feeling better. Glad you got the day off yesterday. We all tend to think we can deal with everything plus a cold or flu but taking a day off is usually the best thing.

Hi Mel! Glad you are still doing the exercise thing full force. Even though we miss you, I would rather miss you than have you sitting on this thing all day and not exercising, you know? I was thinking last night about your lack of weight loss since you have been exercising and I remember it happening to me a few years back when I got down in the 130's. I think my body just wasn't used to the exercise and it went into shock mode or something and held on to all the fat it could until it got used to the exercise and started letting it go. How is your eating? I know that I tend to think I can have (insert sweet fattening food here) because I have worked out that day so it kind of counteracts the whole exercise thing. Not that you are doing that but I was just wondering how you are doing OP. Are you eating enough? I just can't wait cuz I know the pounds are going to start pouring off! I usually lose the most weight right after TOM leaves so keep us posted!

Roxy it's dreary and wet here too! I hate waking up to that, well I guess I should be used to it since I have lived here my whole life but it's just the winters that are yucky here, every other time of year is nice. Anyway I just wanted to say that you crack me up!! I am still laughing over the thermometer story. We have to buy one this weekend and every time I look at it I think of that story! LOL Glad you got a quiet house this morning, hope you made the most of it.

Michelle can I have 12 hours of sleep please? Hope it made you feel good, why so tired? From work? How is school going, as you probably read mine is STRESSFUL as I am sure yours is too. Just registered for next term yesterday and my schedule is ok but I have to do A LOT of volunteer work at the gradeschool and although it will be fun I am stressed about not seeing Bayley as much. Next term is where my schedule starts getting ugly and don't even talk to me about Spring term! I will make it though. I can't believe I am as close as I am. I remember when I started college I never thought I would finish. Not sure why I thought that but I just did. I still have feelings like something is going to happen and I won't be able to finish, weird. Anyway hope you are having a great day!!

Hi Geri I saw you signing on and off last night and was wondering what was going on with you. I've had some puter problems lately too, hope yours get solved soon! Good luck at work!

Hey Jeniqua, don't feel bad about being MIA we've all done it. I have been MIA all week! Just post when you can!

Well I wanted to say hi to Cindi and Spryng! Great job on your new careers! I hope things even out and become routine soon. GOOD LUCK!

Ok I have had enough time on here and need to get started on homework and get a shower while baby is sleeping. TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:57 PM   #18  
I'm a homeschool mama

Roxy, I think it was you that asked about this birth. Well, I've had all three of my kids at home with a midwife and I LOVE it, but she no longer practices. So this is my first one in the hospital. Just regular, natural stuff.
I'm really nervous to be using a hospital. I love the home stuff, but this is the last.
Okay, gotta go.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:21 PM   #19  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Crystal- I had four of mine at home with a Dr./midwife team, I love that too!!
Unfortunately, we moved to an area that had midwives but were not allowed to do home births. The midwife was great, and talked me into the water birth. I always had back labor (every time, Argh!!) It just wasn't an issue this time in the very warm water and pulsing jets. I was only in the tub for 15 minutes before he was born! The shortest I've ever had! Good Luck to you, don't worry about the hospital, they just won't let you sleep and get all your rest when it's over! I have to go pick up children from school now, no time to get personal. TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #20  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies....

Sorry about being MIA for a while now..... Haven't even been to my assigned board

Anyhow, Things are moving really fast for the Kidney Walk. We are trying to raise $15000+. I have been meeting w/ the ceo here in louisiana, faxing, calling, and emailing in hopes to get sponsors for the walk.

Yesterday was Andrew's Pediatric Urologist Appointment 1 1/2 hours away. The Dr. said that his condition has not gotten any worse which is great news but it hasn't gotten better which is what they were hoping for.

They want him to grow out of it but he said at this point he doesn't see it happening. He is worried that his left kidney might start getting more and more relaxed and making the right kidney do all the work.

So he is making us go back for the Diuretic Kidney Scan which he has done in the past... but we had started on ultrasound's b/c he looked like he was making progress... so back to those......

Very painful for my Angel .. he has the iv put into his arm and a dye inserted into his bloodstream every so often for 45 minutes... the scan has to be still so he is strapped into a papoose.

I requested that we wait until after Disney World so he can enjoy it first.. So the scan is for the following Tuesday we return, Dec. 7. We will get the results from the hospital directly after the test and we will go straight to the doctor. I will find out the new results that day.

Sorry not to address anyone personally but I will soon I promise. My love goes out to each and every one of you.

Hugs,
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:35 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Crystal- hospitals are becoming much more friendly to natural childbirth these days....I personally saw a huge difference between the births of my 18 and 8 year olds......try not to stress out about this.

Penny- gee, it has been ages since I saw a picture of you.....you look wonderful!! Congrats, you big loser. Sorry about all the stuff with the pediatric urologist.....been thru similar with my Dd (8)- who was on the urologist merry go round. I'll pray for you both....
off to get dinner on. See ya!
ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:33 PM   #22  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I peeked at all the posts this morning but got interrupted by a phone call from my ex. He got fired so no more child support for awhile again. He is $4000 behind. At this rate, he'll never catch up.

Anyhow, I got 40 min. of aerobics in this morning before Nicole started stepping in my way. Had to quit or squish the little lady. Then I was distracted by going to my sister's house to drop off the rest of her laundry I've been holding. Got caught up in watching a movie and just got home about 45 min. ago. Uh oh! DH is going to be mad. I'm just not motivated around here. Too much slingo.com....

Penny-poor little guy! I can't even imagine what you and Andrew have to go through. Has he always been like that? Must be really hard. Hang in there!

Crystal-All three of my girl's were delivered by midwifes in hospitals. The only one that wasn't so natural was Nicole. I was tested for strep b during my pregnancy and they told me to make sure I got in right after my water broke because I had to get on iv antibiotics immediately. Then I was going to the bathroom like every 10 min because of the iv and wasn't relaxing so I finally let them do an epidural. Man...after back labor for a few hours, the epi felt awesome. I had no idea what to expect. The nurse was going to walk off and get some of her paperwork done and asked if I was okay. I said fine and that I was just feeling a little pressure...I had no clue that her head was alreay crowning. A couple short minutes later she was born. The midwife let my DH deliver her and cut the cord. The first time I didn't have a room full of people. Kind of a nice intimate setting to bring my last one in. There was none of the hustle and bustle of before.

Roxy-how are those "tornados" of yours? Keeping you on your toes. Nicole shoved toothpaste in her ear today. Quite the imagination, if I do say. What else could she possibly figure out to do.

Deana-you were so right about the markers-if there is one around they'll find it. Another little activity of Nicole's today was hiding out in Kayla's room and doodling her leg with a purple marker. How's Curves going?

Jill-I seem to have your name for the friendship swap...any ideas for me? Other than me being your personal homework attendant for the school year. I've been out of school for 15 years (high school) and college for 6. My skills aren't up to that sort of challenge. How's the little Princess Bayley doing?

Phoenix- I really have to compliment you and Crystal on homeschooling. I just don't think I'd have it in me to do that. I don't have the patience. I like sending them to public school. It gives me a break during the day. My DH is working days and nights so I don't have a moment for myself unless I'm sleeping at night. So sending 2 of them to school makes life a bit easier.

Michelle-So are you as chilly aw we are? Not that its really bad by Montana standards. But yesterday we hit a record with 71 and then today we're in the 30's. Go figure! How's school going? And how's your little chickies...Teagan and Taylor?

Jeniqua-Way to nag... Well hopefully all goes smooth and you can get your house done. Esp. if you can get it done by Christmas.

Well Geri, Jaymi, Sherry, Cheri, Mel, Spryng, Cindi, Ricci, and all the rest of you-HELLO FROM ME! I better go get dinner ready. Don't want the family to starve to death.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 07:42 PM   #23  
I'm a homeschool mama

Chris, that's why I like home births. It's so nice and peaceful and comfortable, because I'm at MY home, in MY bed and only the people I want there are there. I ABSOLUTELY HATE NEEDLES of all kinds. I HATE them am almost afraid of them. I can't stand the thought of being plugged up with iv's and this and that. At home, I have NOTHING, my iv is lots and lots of juice during and afterwards, that's how the fluids are replenished.
I don't look forward to any part of the hospital stay, but it's the last and I do like my doc and he knows my feelings so I'm hoping for the best. I think this may be the smallest baby yet too, so hope that helps.

Anyways, Jill, glad you got on for a bit to check in. Sorry you're so overwhelmed with school, I understand, that's how I've been feeling about the home stuff going on. Overwhelmed to the point of madness it feels like.

Penny, glad to hear Andrew's no worse. Hope everything goes well later on.

Okay ladies, gotta clean the kitchen from dinner and maybe give kids a bath. TTYL
Old 11-10-2004, 08:55 PM   #24  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Ladies!

It's been another short day, do any of the rest of you think that the day just zips by? It's like they're are on fast forward. My DS called from Kansas today, It's always so nice to hear from him. It will be nice to see him during Thanksgiving. I have a question for all of you... Be truthful now...who is going to stay OP Thanksgiving Day? I've heard from so many people that it's too hard to stay on track because they go to MOM's house or MIL or Grandma's, and they just wouldn't "feel" right not partaking of all that forbidden food. Anyway, it's only for one day.
We have also been invited over to another's house for Thanksgiving (I know who would be that insane to invite 12 people over!) so I'm already planning to bring over half the meal, with sneaky recipes that favor my plan. Any one else?

Crystal- Don't worry aabout the hospital stay, really. Get out of there as fast as possible. ANYWHO it's the next eighteen years that matter the most. My girlfriend gave birth in the car in the hospital parking lot.

Hey Chris- my tornados are getting ready for bed now. Toothpaste in the ear?
I hope she's minty fresh and earwax free now! BTW- I love markers!!! The washable kind that don't wash out of clothing, the permanent one that make great mustaches, that don't wipe off in time for school the next day, all the lovely colors that end up on bodies and hair.
It's a beautiful thing!

Penny- I had no idea your Andrew has such a hard time. I'll keep in in our prayers. Please keep us updated on his progress getting healthy, Keep Strong Mom! Our hearts go out to you.

Geri- How did you fix your computor? Mine is slow,and I keep getting these adware pop ups for virus check (annoying). I have to do something before it gets worse. Help!

Ginny- Hi let me introduce myself, I'm Roxy, mom to 10, married almost 21 years and here cause I need to lose weight and these ladies are great moral support. Hope I get to talk to you often.

Michelle- Hope you got some down time today.

Jill- I'm hypnotizing you through this post. You are getting very, very motivated...slingo bad, paper good, slingo bad, paper good, slingo-bad, etc.

Jeniqua- Yeah! Painted house! Hope it does well.

Deana- Where are you? Didi you have a fun day.

Spryng- Are you having a good day today?

I bet I'm forgetting someone , please forgive me! Hope you all have a good evening. I'll probably, go to bed early tonight I'm pooped.
TTLY

~Roxy

Last edited by 1hot_tomato; 11-10-2004 at 08:58 PM.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:09 AM   #25  
I'm a homeschool mama

a new thread is starting...see you there.