3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Chit Chat #88 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/49082-chit-chat-88-a.html)

FrouFrou 11-11-2004 11:05 AM

Happy Veteran's Day!

Was listening to the radio this morning and all the people calling in thanking a/their veteran, kind of cool. DH#1 was a veteran, served in the Army in Vietnam and was almost killed and DH#2 is also a veteran, served in the Air Force. Two of my brothers were also in the Army, two of my Uncles also served in the AirForce. Anyway, no point to that really except thanking my and all veterans.

Anyway, after reading all the posts since posting yesterday I don't really have time to do individuals so I will just say Hi to everyone. Will try to be back later in the day to post but not sure if that will happen or not, definitely won't be in chat. Thursday is my favorite show night, The O.C., CSI and Without A Trace.

Have to take DS#1 to take his car in, think the starter is bad then off to the movie and run a couple of errands.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

jewels2 11-11-2004 12:05 PM

WELLL......heard back from the doc last night!!He knew nothing more than when I met him two months ago....SICKENING I TELL YOU ALL....He says now that his thyroid is a bit underactive and he has a slightly abnormal pituitary, which basically has nothing to do with the whole sperm count deal, he said his testosterone is normal...So we have to go back to see him tomorrow, I dont know what for, but he wants to see us...So no news is good news, I dont know where we go from here!!!
Anyways we might have a new puppy to the family, my friend has a chihuaha and wants us to take him, hes 3lbs and hes 6months old..He wont get any bigger, his name is scruffy....so she brought him over last night to see if he gets along with max(my jack russell, whos 3 yrs old) and they really hit it off, so we might have the puppy spend the night tonight to see how it goes and then take it from there, he really is a cutie...
Oh well, I'll have to update you guys after tomorrows doc appt..other than that nothing much new here!! Hope all is well with the rest of you. talk to ya's later

Julie

Marti 11-11-2004 03:30 PM

Afternoon ladies--

Oh you should see my hair! I had it in rollers yesterday so after I woke up this morning......... :fr: Funny sight I tell ya! :lol:

I didn't get a chance to get some coloring for the old rag on my head....ran out of time. :lol:

So much chatting since I last got on that I can't keep up with you all! So I will do individuals at another time. I do hope that you are all doing well and that you have great plans for the weekend. No plans here except do some work on my Christmas cards and do a little Shopping for Christmas. Maybe get a haircut.....not sure though.

I really need to head to the showers.....I will catch up with you all soon!

Tea Rose 11-11-2004 04:18 PM

Hi Everyone :wave:
HAPPY VETERANS DAY
Its another gloomy looking day here, chilly too, I woke up with itchy itchy eyes so clariton to the resucue, My sweet daughter came home and had lunch with me today that was nice , she comes home as often as she can,but she has been so busy at work catching up on things after being home sick for a week she hasn't had much time .I hardly ever see her anymore she's so busy with two jobs soccer, and her new boyfreind, who has really brought new meaning to her life which I am so happy about .I was putting together my portfolio of my cake pictures this morning,My doctor wants me to put my cards and a picture book in her office , for her patients. so I am finally getting to it.I have made a few cakes for her and her office and everytime I go in there she reminds me, so I though it was time since I have another appointment coming up soon.I am doing some laundry today Kitty yacked on daughters blanket ,so since she won't get home till after ten thought I would get it done for her, and while I'm at it might as well do all the beds,not usually the day , but stuff happens ,and changes it all LOL

HI Jane:wave:
You still running errands ,you are a busy girl,its a good thing your a good friend to your good friend .giving her all your clothes ,I know the hardest thing is rebuilding your own wardrobe, but think how much fun it will be ,I really need some new clothes , I haven't been shopping for myself for years, when I moved here I concentrated all my time and what little funds on the house, now that I have for the most part, got this under control now, its seriously time to start thinking about myself.I have been joking a bout needing to get my hair and nails done but I do ,its been way to long now.I need a makeover ,I know that would give me and enormous boost .I hope that you and Madison had a really nice time ,enjoy the rest of your day hope to see you on chat.YEAH!!!!!!!!

Hi Julie :wave:

Sorry to hear about the dissappointing news,My son had some problems with his testosterone levels this past year and I know that isn't the problem with you guys but it took many many months to get all the testing done and it to was frustrating for him, I know thats not much concellation but sometimes these things are time consuming and its hard to be patient but don't let it upset you these things have a way of working themselves out.I just read an excellent heartwarming book called Mixed Blessings,by Danielle Steel in the story it follows a couple with this problem ,I don't know if you have much chance to read, or if you like to ,but if you do, give it a read. I think you will enjoy it especially the ending.Good Luck and I hope everything works out for your family.Ps I hope Scruffy makes a nice addition to your family.

Hi Cristi:wave:
Did I read right your passing up a chance to talk to the girls for CSI OC and
Without a Trace hmmh LOL I heard that there all good shows but I have yet to watch them, Has any one been watching Desperate Wives I have seen three episodes and really like it so far. I'm more of a Everybody loves Raymond ,Frasier ,Will and Grace veiwer along with home decorating shows only because a simple shootout in a western movie gives me nightmares,although having said that my Daughter has got me watching Soprano's with her ,girls night, and its no fairytale.Anyway Cristi enjoy your shows,and have a great day.

Hi Katy:wave:
I don't blame you for wanting to be pampered besides its a tricky process to do on your own if you have never done it before, My daughter does hers and it comes out beautiful , the only reason she won't do mine, is because the last time I did it my violent reaction to the dye scared the heck out of her ,it took three days for the swelling to subside and more than a week for the rash to clear. I was a mess to say the least ,so I don't blame her .I hope you had enough time to finish your class and how sweet for him to take the kids shopping, have a great day.

Hi Sue :wave:
Glad to hear your having a great time , enjoy the sun while you can , I don't think there will be any when you get back,how long are you staying anyway , I must have missed that part.Have a great day.

Hi Susan :wave:
I don't envy you with all the things you have to deal with ie: your girls ,your car and the move ,although, having said that I am so jealous, you had the courage to take a chance and find happiness and of all places in Hawaii ,you lucky girl .beauty and Love .Hmmm sounds wonderful. Have a great day .

Hi Mindee:wave:
Sorry to hear that your having some difficulties , I,m sure it will all work itself out , I know its hard being in that situation with a little one, keep your spirits up and think good thoughts.
Have a great day.

Hi Marti:wave:
I suppose your busy at work ,getting ready for the weekend , have you made any special plans or are you just looking forward to a quiet weekend with the family.Did you and Jhanai finish making your cards I bet she was so proud of hers. I hope you are not to worn our to enjoy your time off. LOL Have a great day Martie

Hi To Everyone else:wave: and have a wonderful day I can't believe how dark it has become since I started this , sure looks like snow, Yeah Take care all and bundle up it looks so cold out.

Maybe I will see you all on Chat tonight Its my first time I feel so vulnerable LOL be gentle till then *ELLEN* :o :o :lol:

Marti 11-11-2004 05:30 PM

I'm back for a few minutes! (such lucky girls you all are......Just teasin')

Ellen--Once you get into chat you'll feel like you've known all these girls for years. It's so nice to have a live chat w/everyone! I'm at work during the time of chat, so I won't be in there...maybe we can do a morning (or afternoon) chat sometime in the near future.

Susan--Don't ever feel like you're a bad mother or that you're being selfish...you are thinking of the girls and whats best for them AND their dad and that takes a lot of love. You deserve to be happy and you may be surprised and they may want a whole change of scenery and move w/you to Hawaii. How ever it turns out, it will be all good. Of coarse, when you move to Hawaii...you know that the JL's are going to want to meet each other there right?! :D

Julie--I"m so sorry that you're having such a time w/the doctors and not knowing what's going to happen. I'll keep praying that everything turns out good! Chihuahua???? Oh how fun! James would love to have another one here at home, but I think two is enough!!

Cristi--Thats cool about the radio station. How nice is that? I would really like to get in touch w/my brother but I have no number to get in touch with him. What is with my family???? :lol: I hope you have a relaxing evening.

Angie--I agree w/Susan...you are a star! You do so much for everyone and you're always on the go! To me that qualifies as to being a star!! I think I would collapse if I were in your shoes! I hope you have a short day at work enough for you to be able to relax. Say.....do you ever star in any of your plays?

Jane--I think it's absolutely wonderful that you're giving away your clothes to your friend. And being able to get rid of those must give you a sense of accomplishment...knowing that you're so close to goal. You're doing a wonderful job with your weight loss and I really am proud of you! I'm hoping to sometime get my act together, re-evaluate what it is that I need to do and start losing by next year. I do have to say that I am happy that I'm 10lbs less than I was last year at this time, but not to happy that I haven't done more....does that make sense?

Katy--I think getting pampered is something we should all go out to do if it's affordable. I really would like to get my hair done at a salon and have the works done! Hair cut, colored, high lights...you name it! I need to treat myself someday. Maybe on my 35th birthday I'll ask for a spa treatment! (that gives James a year to plan!)

Sue--Oh so glad you made it ok! I bet it must be nice to have a change of scenery for the winter time. Hope your body adjust to the time change soon so you can sleep well.

Mindee--Hope it all works out for you. I know how hard it must be. Maybe you can talk to your parents about helping you out with Brandon for daycare instead of taking him to one so you can get ahead a little. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Hello to anyone I may have missed!!

Ok...my few minutes took much longer than I anticipated...but that's ok. I now need to find my face somewhere in the makeup box......and do something w/my sopping wet mop of hair!

take care ladies

Tea Rose 11-11-2004 06:29 PM

Hi Girls
I was wondering how long you chat and if I should pack a lunch :lol:

Tea Rose 11-11-2004 08:20 PM

Hey where are you guys

Tea Rose 11-11-2004 08:59 PM

Hi Girls
Maybe I had the wrong time , Ive been waiting in chat for an hour with my jammies and fuzzy socks on, my coffees cold now, you guys trying to tell me something :LOL:

Jane 11-11-2004 09:37 PM

Hold on a sec... hop on over to #89!!