3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Chit Chat #88 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/49082-chit-chat-88-a.html)

da fat n da furious 11-08-2004 11:06 PM

Chit Chat #88

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group who share all the ups and downs of our daily lives... not just weight loss. Won't you join us?

da fat n da furious 11-08-2004 11:14 PM

Julie,
Wahoo on the sale...I don't have any small kids to buy for anymore but I would still go hog wild at that sale.

Ellen, I hate to tell you but we are having fabulous weather right now,,,warm,,,t-shirt weather. Going to be plus 14 this week...ahhhh almost tropical. Not as hot as Sue's and Susan's weather.

Sue hope you made it safe and sound....

Susan,,,can't wait to hear all the details.

Cristi, I admit I don't like seeing Christmas ornaments and such untill after Halloween at the earliest. Wouldn't mind it being half way between Mid Nov and End Nov. I remember as a kid,,,putting up the decorations and then wamo it was christmas with in a couple of weeks,,,now you have to literally wait months.

I had a good laugh a friend of mine is turning 60 in Feb and already planning a party. And would you believe she has come up with an old fashion tea party? We are all theatre people so I am thinking wild tea party,, She has 3 men already signed up to play hosts...and serve the water crest sandwiches
And she has informed me its formal...full gown gloves and hat. *giggle Im so excited! Im thinking the year 1880 ish. square neckline,,high empire waist line. And lots of lace... My hat, well Im thinking I should start working on it now. Lots of tulle, and flowers,,,big BIG hat. Doesn't this sound like fun?

Well off to bed I go....
Angie

Tea Rose 11-09-2004 12:30 AM

Hi Angie
I have been talking away to myself on chit chat 87 wondering where the heck everyone was and you were hiding over here , now that I found you , your in bed LOL WeLL I will catch up with you tomorrow, Ahh!!! everyone is becoming a Christmas party pooper , now what will I do LOL that Tea Party sounds like so much fun ,I would have loved to live in Victorian times I love the dresses and fussiness of it all ,well maybe not all the time,but that sounds like something wonderful to look forward to ,your so lucky.Well Its time to go but I said that already on 87 but no one was there. So I will talk to you all tomorrow so goodnight girls.*ELLEN*

Jane 11-09-2004 08:49 AM

Good morning, ladies!!

Angie - thanks for starting the new thread. We are a chatty bunch, aren't we, lol. I wanna come to the tea party, too!!! In town, there is a woman who organizes tea parties for little girls' birthdays, and it's formal, and all the rage!

Ellen - glad you are feeling better and have the holiday spirit. Jaded Ladies chat is Thurday nights and 8 Eastern time.... or anytime if you're online and PM someone else who is online to join you there. Marti may suggest an additional time, during the day, since she works evenings.

Mindee - hey girl, hope everything is ok with the baby - haven't heard from you for awhile! Pop in and let us know everything is ok when you have a minute.

Hello to everyone else - I don't know who said what from the other thread...

Gotta go to town again today and run errands and to visit m BIL in the hospital. He is the one with terminal cancer and is dehydrated and has an infection. My sister, Maggie, is trying to be brave for his sake, but I know she's afraid this is the beginning of the end. Too sad!

BBL,

Tea Rose 11-09-2004 09:54 AM

Good Morning Ladies

Morning Jane
Thankyou I am feeling a bit better, I am working at it very hard,although I feel a lot of pressure now that I have set my mind to do what I need to do. Talking to the ladies here has helped me a lot.I can't beleive the change in the weather here in the last few days, a dusting of snow last night and I can see some snowflakes falling ,from my window right now. It sure helps with the Christmas Spitit,but its cold today.I hope you get all your errands done ,and your hospital visit isn't to difficult, it always hard to watch someone suffer it is so sad. I hope you have a great day Jane

Morning Angie
Do you still have nice weather there, are you swimming LOL Its cold here today,and its trying to snow, I can't believe its already the 9th of Nov where did that week go.I have a lot to do this week ,starting today,well as soon as I have some coffee and then some more ,I did read about 4 chapters when I went to bed ,trouble with that is you don't want to stop ,so you read one more , and before you know it the birds are singing well not quite but it has happended .LOL So what are your plans for the day ,if you haven't any, I'm cleaning ,and since your house sparkles already ,come on over.LOL I heard that !!!!! since you don't want to help ,I had better get started, but coffee first,so Have a great day Angie
Hi :wave: Cristi ,Marti, Sue ,Susan ,Julie, Mindee,Kathy ,Katy and everyone else I missed Have a great days girls ,I don't know what your weather is like, but its cold here today ,and somewhat gloomy out, so far any way.Well I'm off to make some coffee to get my day started and its already 10 so I had better stop talking for now anyways , I will be back sometime later,after I have hopefully accomplished much , Have a great day everyone:wave:

da fat n da furious 11-09-2004 10:07 AM

Good Morning Ladies

Jane, could you give Maggie a hug and tell her strength comes from all over.

Ellen, I used to be bad for staying up all night reading, I don't do that as much since most mornings I have to get up and go to work. I have the late shift today, meaning 10 am to 6, then off to theatre. Well my house was sparkling last week,,,looking like its been to a war zone now. Ive been able to almost keep up with laundry,,,I swear those boys stock pile their dirties till Im done then shoot down a couple of loads...grrr

I thought I could sleep in a bit today but Tanner reminded me he has to be at school at 7:15am so much for sleeping in. arghhhh so off I go, drop him off stop at Tim Horton's for a coffee, and come home, just as Brandon is trying to run out the door,,,ok Ill drive you to the bus stop,,,its a bit far. So I do that and you know what he does? Steels my coffee! He thinks a cute smile and thanks mom will be enough? ya it is.....lol So here I sit with no coffee,, I can't make coffee if my life depended on it. ITs enough to turn me off coffee when I make it.

Well got an email from the agent telling me my guys are doing great. Thing is they had to start work at 3 am,,,,ok so now Im not complaining about not getting sleep in.

Im going to go shower and possibly leave for work early so I can make my second trip to Tim Horton's,,,which in reality isn't all that different from most days,,,its just not an hour later.
Our Tim Horton's is like your Crispy Creme, with donuts and such but I go there for the coffee,,,we have starbucks literally almost at each corner but I am a strictly Timmy's adict.
TTFN

da fat n da furious 11-09-2004 10:10 AM

ps, our weather was like plus 17 yesterday,,,listening to the radio, it says rain or flurries later today....hmmmm
but tomorrow is suppose to be nice again....gotta love them southern winds.

FrouFrou 11-09-2004 11:18 AM

Good morning ladies~

Susan~where are you girly? Can't remember when you said you were coming home bu thought I read somewhere it was yesterday. :dunno: Hope all is well with you.

Sue~sorry I forgot to wish you a say trip to Vegas. Hopefully you can check in with us.

Ellen~you sound like me and I even did that last night. Got in a reading mood and am wanting to finish The Guardian so was reading in bed and kept telling myself, okay I will stop after this Chapter. Of course something happens and I need to read yet another Chapter and another. Before you knew it it was 1 am and I just closed the book. :lol: It's a good book, just haven't been in a reading mood. Of course it was just getting really good and when a book gets like that I hate to put it down. Just love reading. Not sure what my next read will be after this. Oh I too love victorian, when I married I tried to find a victorian dress but didn't. Got frustrated and ended up with something I really didn't like or I should say want.

Angie~I've never been a coffee drinker but I think it smells delicious! :T My friend thought if I tried the flavored coffees I would like it or learn to like it, eeewww! Still didn't like it. Your tea party sounds like so much fun-that would be so cool to dress up and you must take a picture to share when you do.

Julie~wow, what a deal! I wish we had a place like that. I don't have small kids to buy for but we buy a few toys for either Toys for Tots or the Salvation Army during Christmas.

Jane~hugs and well wishes to you and your sister and family.

Hi to everyone else! :wave: Hope all is fine in your neck of the woods.

Not much on the agenda today, going to polish my nails, something I should have done last night-thank goodness for quick dry, straightening of the house and laundry. I think that is a given on most days though. LOL And I want to get back to my book. DH and I are going to dinner tonight and then afterwards to have our annual Christmas photo taken finally. We usually do it earlier than this but oh well, as long as it gets done and they are back before I mail cards which they will be. It is supposed to be nice here today but windy-hate the wind. Then tomorrow comes the rain and cold, they said by Thursday the high will be 44-brrrr. It's (44) not really that cold but when you throw in the wind...it gets a little chilly. Anyway, take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Edited: thought I would just edit this rather than post again since no one has posted since I did. Was just checking back to see how everyone is doing before getting off the computer. Did get my nails polished while on here thank goodness for LOREAL Jet-Set-put two coats of that and then a top coat, takes about an hour to dry and did a load of laundry. Also getting a work out running up and down those stairs. Anyway, on with the rest of the day. Have a good one ladies! Later...:wave:

Tea Rose 11-09-2004 02:52 PM

CHRISTMAS
That Magic Blanket That Wraps Itself About Us,that Something So Intangible That It Is Like A Fragrance.
It May Weave A Spell Of Nostalgia
Christmas May Be A Day Of Feasting Or Of Prayer, But Always It Will Be Day Of Rememberance
A Day In Which We Think Of Everything We Have Ever Loved.

Marti 11-09-2004 06:49 PM

Good Day Ladies--

I don't have much time today......seems that I'm always running out of time.

I have to get some errands done before work and I've been cleaning up my house. Hoping to get some "me" time this weekend!! :D

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I will catch up w/you all later on!

Have a great day!

Marti 11-09-2004 06:52 PM

Oh yes....I had to update my ticker....It went up 2lbs!! :( :( Oh well, not too bad as it could have been. I've MUST work on it soon!

Mom2Gaby 11-09-2004 11:26 PM

Evening-

;o

I went up too Marti - from 143 to 149. :dizzy: Loved every minute of it - lol. Though I will crack back down this week.

I am just stepping in for a second.My password expired and waited all day for computer services to get me back on line. I am behind now ...

I got in last night from Hilo at 10:15pm Portland time. Left Hilo at 11:30 am- delays and lay overs made it for a long day!
Though the flight wasn't too bad and I watched a movie and listened to music this flight. Made the time go by faster.

Rocky and I went for one last Pocho Loco....yummy!!!Steamed rice with brown gravy, Portuguese sausage, and scrambled egg.......soooooo good. I ate 3 while there- it comes with mac salad- odd combo....but I loved it.

Got to the airport and he took my bags. We walked and I sniffed...missed him already.
We checked the suitcase in and walked towards security. It is a small airport and kind of an outdoor feel.....he couldn't go past security so we stayed for a time on a bench and talked. Finally it was time to say good bye and I cried......he didn't....lol
I punched him in the arm and said " you aren't going to cry??" lol
He goes "don't cry Susan. You are coming back ....be happy."

So, I cried harder.......lol. I walked in and I checked my carry on through the security and they made me take off my shoes. I slipped them off and looked up and he was looking through the window at me - giving a small smile. I just looked away and walked........I couldn't look.
Really hard...

Got to Honolulu and boarded for Portland at 11:30- I called him and he was sad...
Said he went to the park and walked around. The park that we had went to the first day I was there,.........and he teared up.

So, I was happy he was crying finally........lol...........jk.

He called my mother and said I was on my way back to Portland.I arrived at 10:15 and took the MAX home.......it was easy and beats $27 for a taxi and this was only $1.65..

Saw the girls this morning and they were happy. Gaby was a doll, cute in her trimmed bangs,,,,,,

No, he didn't give me a ring yet. He proposed several times and several times I said........"ummmm, you have asked me this before".....lol

He asked me the second night and he asked me as we watched the Kona sunset. He started to ask me in an arcade while we watched Kris play. He stopped himself though and said an arcade wasn't romantic.
I said.........."but I hear bells and sirens and see lights flashing...must be true love"....he laughed.

We laughed all the time.....share the same sense of humor....

Hope to be back by April - if not sooner. Need to decide a lot of stuff.....and I really just need peace of mind about the older girls....I love them so much.
I love him too.......and my heart is with him *sniff*......

anyway- better get!!

Tea Rose 11-10-2004 12:00 AM

Hi Susan
Welcome home , it sounds like you had a wonderful time.it all sounds so romantic, I'm so very happy for you both. I hope everything will work out with your girls, its so hard to be torn between two loves,Don't worry about anything instead pray about everthing
He would not have brought you this far to take it all away. I am glad to hear you laughed alot , sharing the same sense of humor ,is good thing. I just wanted to say glad your home safely and to send my heartfelt congratulations on your much deserved happiness. *ELLEN*

Tea Rose 11-10-2004 12:30 AM

Where is Everyone tonight ,Its been really quiet here today,what are you girls up to. Cristi how was you night out ,did you have a nice dinner, and photo shoot. I would think considering all those stairs we climb we would be in tip top shape I have two sets to the laundry room so thats 2 down and two up x however many loads we do , and the majority of the laundry goes to the top floor so that is a work out isn't it.Did you get anymore reading done ,I read another four chapters tonight, but I think thats it for today, I am pretty tired.
Well all you other ladies:wave: I hope you had a really nice day ,and Marti I hope you do get that" me " time at the end of the week ,sounds like you could use some.I think I have rattled on enough for one day , its tea time ,time to check on the kitties, kids are sleeping, all is quiet in my dwelling ,so I will say goodnight Ladies.:wave:

Mom2Gaby 11-10-2004 12:51 AM

Thank- you Ellen....

*sniff* , *sniff*.......on the phone with him right now.

He sent our picture that we took together to his sister - she thought we looked perfect together--- tomorrow she will show their mother when she comes over.

He says he can't wait til Gaby gets over there.......he wants to teach her how to fish- lol.........and get her in a hula.

Thank-you.......about God bringing us this far and all........

It's funny because we were attracted to each other 4 years ago.......but the timing wasn't right for either of us.So, we were just friends and now we know each other so well.

yikes..........time to go get Gaby!!!

:)