3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Chit Chat #88 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/49082-chit-chat-88-a.html)

da fat n da furious 11-10-2004 08:12 PM

Hello Ladies

Susan, well home does it cost to ship a car to Hawaii? Do you really think it would be safe you working at that stand? hmmm think not. But then again it does sound healthy....
Im thinking that with the girls you need to let them know your door is always open and you want them to come and live with you. But let them decide with them already wiving with their dad and his age to consider.

Jane, do you just put the chicken breasts and potatoe wedges all in then drizzle the dressing over it? Glad to know BIL is alright considering...

Cristi, Ive been thinking of getting Brandon's pictures done,,,its a matter of finding the time...his time that is. Im all set for getting going on Christmas, I think Im going to use a pic I took of the boys in the ocean in Cuba...
I bought these new tiles/cookies or whatever you call them,,,the thing that you use a tea light and let the thing melt and it smells wonderful??? anyways I normally buy Yankee too,,,like you. But one of the girls from work is having a party,,,Salt something,,,i smelled a few samples,,,mmmm wonderful so I bought a few and will check out how well the stand up. Nothing right now beats my fresh picked cotton...lol

Ellen, just heading out the door to rehearsal,,,Im not the star, I actually am a stage manager. This guy (the lead) is nitorious for being a diva, and I was against him being in it. The director now sees the error....and why I was right. The lead sent me this email this morning and I forwarded to the director, and waited hoping he would let me do my Donald Trump...but alas we are stuck with the doofus. Well I should get myself out the door,,,have a great night,,,
my friend Angelika stopped by earlier to borrow a cook book of mine and brought me 2 coolers and half bottle of wine,,now that is what friends are for! So tonight Im hoping to relax a bit and read, drink a glass of wine...ahhhh
night all
Angie

Tea Rose 11-10-2004 09:04 PM

Hey Angie
Thats some friend, you have there,sounds like a nice plan,What do you mean your not the star what would they do without a stage manager,there are STARS and there are stars,thats too bad you were denied your Trump moment ,It might have been difficult to replace him at this late date, do you think its better to have a doofus than a don'tfus . I know that was a bad joke,but you will hear them, from time to time, knowing me.Did you not like the joke about single and married women? Have some wine maybe they will be funnier then LOL hope you had a good night
*ELLEN*

Mom2Gaby 11-10-2004 09:14 PM

YOU are a star Angie :)

How much does a car cost to ship?? I have no idea ...yet. I have contacted several shipping places and have to wait for a call/email back.

Think like $800??? I dunno....need a car though.

Hawaii is carb city. Highly doubt anyone is on Atkins.....lol.....

There is a mango, banana, orange,and coconut tree out in his yard...how cool is that???

Anyway, need to get to work. Have tomorrow off , so am happy about that.

146.5 tonight!!! yay,,,,,,

tommysgirl18 11-10-2004 09:37 PM

Ellen~ I am enjoying the time now. Cause I know once he gets fully mobile, there will no longer be any time for me or Tommy to get on here until he is sleeping!

Susan~ Welcome back! How was it? From the sounds of it, things went well? I see that you are planning on moving out there. (Sorry I was half asleep when I read through this morning.)

Tea Rose 11-10-2004 09:41 PM

Hi Mindee
He really is a sweetheart, I wish I could go back to that time ,it really was a wonderful experience as is all stages of there lives, but there is something about babies that is theirs alone.

Mom2Gaby 11-10-2004 09:41 PM

I forgot to respond to the girls.......

Angie- I was going to tell them with enough time to get use to the idea. I know they will miss Gabrielle - especially Rachel.
Who.......was crying when Gaby stayed at grandma's for those few days, Rachel missed her so ......

The best I can do is offer an open door to where I am going to be living. Hope they will come for summer and vacations. Maybe they will fall in love with the place.

Though I want them to be with their father too........ *sigh*......answers will come in time. I miss him though...... :(,,,,,,,,feel selfish .......bad, bad, bad,,,,,,,mother........lol.....jk-

love ya :)

tommysgirl18 11-10-2004 09:46 PM

we have noticed that Ellen. we could be walking down the street, and then all of a sudden just about get bombarded by all these people that want to see him.

Tea Rose 11-10-2004 09:59 PM

I found a nice Thanksgiving Quote for the upcoming Holiday:

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize
May your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off of your thighs

Tea Rose 11-11-2004 12:12 AM

Hi Everyone
If anyone has a minute could you explain the ticker thing to me I got it all set up I cut I paste and it doesn't work for me HELP

suetalks 11-11-2004 01:05 AM

Hello from sunny Las Vegas. We had an uneventful flight on Monday. Our house was in good shape and everything here is great. Of course, there was an inch of dust on everything so we spent lots of time cleaning. The desert is so dusty and there is a grime from the streets that you have to be careful not to track in. As of tonight I am still on midwest time with my body..can not get acclaimated to a 3 hour difference for some reason. I keep waking at 4 a.m. Not fun! Hopefully tonight will be different and I can get a good night sleep.

It is good to read all the posts and hear that everyone is doing great. SUSAN- Welcome back. Congrats!

Hi to everyone. I will get back here again soon.

Sue

Tea Rose 11-11-2004 01:17 AM

Hi Sue :wave:
Glad to hear its sunny there, and everthing is great , hope your body catches up with the time change , and have a great time .*ELLEN*

Tea Rose 11-11-2004 02:11 AM

Good Evening Ladies
I guess everyone is sleeping ,I think I should do that to , I'm tired ,so I will go check out the dwelling ,see if the out side kitty would like to come inside for the night , make some tea , read a little and lights out Night All

Jane 11-11-2004 07:24 AM

Good morning, ladies!!

Julie - doggone it! I so hope you hear something today! There's nothing worse than waiting for medical tests results. :crossed: Good luck!

Cristi - great minds think alike, lol. Although I have to admit, my beans come from a can. Hopefully I am on the list of people who will get one of the photo cards? Btw, I will be posting on your Christmas thread. Love the concept of that - just haven't had time, once I read and post here in chit chat, lol. Maybe this weekend...

Angie - Or should I call you The Angie? (Donald joke, lol) For the crock pot recipe, cut your potatoes into wedges and place them into the pot that has been sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle some FF Italian dressing. Next, place the chicken breasts on top of them, and sprinkle some more dressing. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. (I use Light Done Right dressings on salads, but use FF to cook with.) Angelika sounds like a real good buddy. Too bad she won't join us here. I know we'd like her!

Katy - Your photo tip was a good one! Yay for you, for using the stepper - sounds like a good idea for winter. The court house in our county always sends the tax statements out late. By about 2 months. The taxes have more than doubled in the past couple of years, and are supposed to double again. I told Neal it's time for us to sell out, lol. How'd Leigh's dental appointment go?

Susan - I bet you had little Gaby all squeezed real good when you saw her! I'm with the others about Rachel and Rebecca - I'd let them decide where they want to live. At their ages, they may feel more comfortable staying with their friends and school. But who knows? They could drop everything and say Aloha!! Just know that it will all be okay.... God has his watchful eye on you, my dear.

Marti - did you get your hair colored? Mary's doing my roots today. Yes, there are some nice things on eBay. I have bought several things in the past, but just recently began to sell stuff. I got $9.50 PLUS $3.95 S/H for a CD... can you believe someone would pay that for a used CD?? Bidding started at $4, with .25 cent increases. Two women kept bidding against each other, and right before the time ran out, a 3rd party got it, lol. Same thing happened with a DVD set I had...

Mindee - can your parents help you out a little until you get on your feet? Is Brandon not working at all right now? I know the welfare laws in Indiana are a lot tougher than they used to be. WIC sure can be a God-send, though... hope you are at least getting that.

Ellen - yay for you getting into chat! Tonight's the night, but I'm not sure I will be there. It's at 8PM where I am... not sure what time that is for you, lol. Just check in on the hour, lol. I don't mind driving in snow, since I've done it since I was 16. I can drive on ice, too, but would rather not. I use 92% lean ground beef in my chili. I have used chicken before, but feel I get enough of that in my diet, lol. With the ground beef, it is 5 WW points per 1 1/2 cup serving. Not bad. I like your T/G poem.

Sue - glad you made it to Vegas ok. My high-rollin' sister and her DH go out there every few months. They get their suite and meals comped, and are even met at the airport by a limo. What's the temp out there this time of year? It's rainy and cold in Indiana - aren't you sorry you left, lol.

Gotta run errands today. If it stops raining, I'll take a twin with me - it's Madison's turn. Also need to drop off the last of my Too Big clothes to a good friend. I'm glad to see them go! In another 2 months, though, I should have another pile, lol. As I told Cristi, though, I really don't have a whole lot of clothes at one time anymore. Can't afford it.

I'll try to make it to chat tonight... hope you can make it, too!!

Toodles,

RosieKate 11-11-2004 10:29 AM

Good morning! :coffee: :coffee:

Time for Cawfee Tawk!

Ellen - I have never highlighted my hair... I just want to try something new, and I am paying a professional...no way am I going to try something like that on my own. Besides, I want to feel a little pampered :D

Jane - Leigh was so good at the dentist. She sat long enough to even get a little xray. Both kids have great teeth - no cavities. I have high expectations for their teeth as I have never had any cavities myself -wouldn't have a clue what to do if a dentist came at me with a drill, lol! However, signs are pointing to orthodontia for both, which I also have had. James looks like he is going to have some crowding and Leigh has a crossbite situation that we are watching. Fortunately we can't do anything now, so we have time to save $

Susan - could you sell your car and buy a cheap, interim-type car when you get to Hawaii? A friend of mine did this a few years ago when she moved to Hawaii. Then the $$ she would have had to spend on shipping was added to the proceeds from the car sale and put down on the Hawaii car.

Mindee - good luck with assistance. Couldn't you take the class even though you don't have job prospects? Maybe it something that could help you later when your kid(s?) are older. OR you and Tommy could get jobs at opposite shift times so you don't need child care.. 'Course you'd never see your husband, but it's something to think about to get through tough times. Jumping through hoops is never fun.... so you just hang in there. Jane is right - keep up the WIC at least... and you know, things usually have a way of working themselves out.

Angie - too bad about your diva problem - must be an occupational hazard :p Is this the person in the WWJLD thread? I called him the "affirmation-hogger" Can't stand people who have to have the spotlight ALL the time - yeesh

Sue
- Glad you got to Vegas OK - don't lose your shirt, hee hee

Hi to everyone else

Everyone is off school today, so DH is taking the kids shopping this a.m. and I need to work on my classes. If I can get a good stretch of time, I think I can finish my internet class today - wahoo I wrote curriculum on researching dinosaurs on the internet for 4-5th graders - It looks like fun, if I do say so myself.

Ok - gotta go

Katy

da fat n da furious 11-11-2004 10:32 AM

Good morning Ladies

Sue, good to have you back! YA know the funny thing about where you all are in the states, I feel like you are the closest, only because I have been to Vegas a few times,,,have even driven there. We live in a new development neighbour hood and have dust and dirt all the time. Love having my windows open but its just not worth it.

Jane, I think I will make that for dinner tonight. I remember when I lost alot of weight I was down to two pairs of pants and a few tops...as I lost weight I would buy one thing smaller sized and shopped at value villiage for the rest...how many dress sizes have you gone down?

Well off to work I go, only a short shift, was suppose to have this day off but because of Rememberance day some of the staff have to work. Since I have Thanksgiving off I work today.
ttfn

THE