Old 10-28-2004, 10:48 PM   #16  

Hello,

Well I drug myself to work today coughing and hacking, I think I am feeling better, still some congestion and a slight headache.

There are some people missing here!!!! Not only Puss is missing, but Sunny and Jacquie seem to have disappeared too. The last time I head from Puss was on September 5 when she sent me an email that said she and DH were going to Spain for two weeks. I sent an e-mail to her last night, but did not get a reply so far.

Charlotte, your big hug is lovely. Sorry things are not exactly par for you right now. It is not going to rain on Saturday, it just can't! We had a down pour tonight and enough is enough.

Sheila, kids, if isn't one thing it is another always something to worry about. I know I have four of my own. Gosh, who needs the stress, you have enough worries with Dad.

DH and I watched Survivor tonight, I just can't settle in, I don't feel comfortable with any of the players this time around. Guess, I will have to see how it plays out over the next weeks. The men sure made a huge mistake tonight, if they think the women aren't going to stick together when they merge, they are pretty much mistaken. CSI was so, so I guess.

Well, what do know tomorrow is Friday, what on earth am I going to make for the Road Crew's lunch this week? They will be raring to go since last week was a wash out. Saturday is grandaughter's next door 6th birthday party. She is having 7 little girl friends from kindergarten over for a play date. Her baby sister will be with me all day.

Chat with you all tomorrow. Are we all feeling better yet? I sure hope so!

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #17  

TO ALL OF YOU!
Bluet...I do hope you're feeling better. My cough & croupy throat stayed with me long after the cold left. I hope yours leaves soon.
Well....I get concerned about Sunny. But, most of the time he absence is due to spending time with Joe. If he's off work at all, she spends full time with him. They're very active in the community. Of course, she has IBS, that really gets her down sometimes. We'll say a prayer for her.
Fatpuss, though....I'm very worried about. Yes, I forgot about her DH having heart problems. I keep thinking of the trip, though. I hope & pray nothing happened to them. She has always answered my emails (she gave me her address when this site crashed that time.) But, when I emailed her the other day....nothing. Let's pray hard for her.
I had a friend on another forum that left about a year ago. We kept emailing to each other. She was diagnosed with skin cancer on her face & had to have surgery. She was very scared. The last email said she would be having surgery the next day, & would get back to me as soon as she could. I haven't heard from her, since. I don't know if she got bad news, & went into depression, or what happened. I emailed, sent cards, did all I knew to do. I still can't seem to give up. Sometimes, I still send her a message.

Sheila...sorry I got the people mixed up concerning the navy. I do hope everything turns out ok.
I'm tired of the election commercials, too. In fact, we're running a lot of election commercials that's going on in our communtiy, at the station. It brings money in...but, will be glad when they're over. That was funny about the tampon commercial.
My step-dad doesn't have memory problems...he just changed his mind. He's always done that. We've had a lot of trouble with him these past few years, since mother got sick. There's a lot I could tell. He just wants out of the nursing home, now, & wants me to feel responsible enough to set him up in an apartment....NOT! My sister & I almost killed ourselves getting everything cleared out in 2 weeks...I just got his medicaid through...so, if he wants out, fine. He can figure it out. See....I'm not always sweet.

Well.......It's TGIF Friday.....lots of work at the station. So, gotta go. Hope all have a safe weekend with Halloween. Although I don't like the day...Won't our kids & grands be cute?!
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:11 PM   #18  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

*Guido... loves it under the small table*

*~*~*

Good Friday Afternoon... I am here Bluet, Sheila & Angel,

I just got caught up with some personal e-mails I had to send off and another thread to reply to... there were a few newbies on the other thread I belong to and they had some questions that I felt I needed to answer and before I did that I had to get out my bible and do some reading. I didn't want to lead them astray So that all has taken up some time... I'm sorry to worry you. I didn't realize that I had been gone that long.

*~*~*

Bluet ~Your washer & mole story sounds as bad as some of the CSI shows lately Yuk!!! Thanks for making me feel better about Jacquie... but I still feel badly about her not returning. Hope that she and Puss do return real soon!!!

How are you feeling today Bonnie ? Any better? It is so hard this time of year... with the daylight being less and the days getting shorter, it's really tough on the emotions! Not to mention the flu-bugs going around!!! I have a grow light here in my office (still a stinky office, phew) that I put on while I am on the computer... it really does help me feel better - like sun is shinning on me. I felt that if it works for the growth of my plants it has to help me too Especially during these dreary days, like we have today!!

Sounds like you will have another very *child* busy weekend this weekend... hope that you are up to it health-wise. I wouldn't want you to get sick all over again Are you going to have trick-or-treater's there? We get a few kids, but most just have what they call Autumn Festival Parties now - not Halloween Parties. The kids still dress up & get goodies, but as cute characters like Kitties, Frogs or Princesses, Princes, Pumpkins and such. Much better as far as I am concerned. I don't like all the evil that gets out this time of year because they feel free to do so. Sad...

Sheila ~ I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better today... boy those bad bugs out there this year. It seems to get worse every year!

That bamboo floor sounds really beautiful!! I pictured it still in it's raw state I think... not flat like a floor. Cork! Cool! I love the look of cork...that would look so cool as a floor!! Like in a workout room or a reck-room or even a basement floor. I bet it looks neat.

When Joe & I get new countertops that is what we would like to use too --- Corian. This way I can get the sink put in underneath... so there are no edges from the counter top to the sink (you following me?) They do it allot with the granite, but I cannot afford that! But love that food cannot get stuck under the sink frame edge and it's all smooth. Good thing my kitchen is small.

Yes, those are Dachshunds... I found the animation and just grabbed it, it was so cute! I have heard the same thing... that they are very hard to train.

How's DH's tooth coming along?? Get it fixed? Glad that you have that flexible spending account to fall back on. Joe went for that sleep study and they nailed us for $545.00 of his cost... the insurance paid 80% but we had to pay the other 20%... I just didn't realize it would be that much!!! I think it was well over $2,500 for the whole study

Have you heard anything more about DD's hubby & the Navy?? Wonder what could have gone wrong?

I am with your DH! I am so ready for Nov 2nd and the END of all these commercials!!!

Angel ~ Thanks for the *Hugs* Sounds like you are coming along with your books for the kids. They are going to so love them!!! My mother made all us kids photo albums of our childhood and gave them to us a few years ago -- I just love that album and find myself looking back allot! Some good memories there.

I tried to e-mail Puss several times but each time got the mail I sent returned telling me it was the wrong address, so I no longer have it. I sure do hope that she stops in and lets us know how she is!! I pray for her often!!

I cannot blame you or your sister for staying with your decision in keeping your DF in the home. That is so much to go through, we did it with my FIL too... wouldn't want to do it again. At least you know he is getting good care and you did all you could for him. My FIL didn't like it at first either... it took him about 2-3 months of being there for him to finally accept that he wasn't going to be moving again. I wish you well with them both, your DM & DF. You aren't mean at all... just firm and that's okay

I know that there's more to you and your life then the graphics and animations... but they are so cute!! So I must tell you so

*~*~*

OOOOOOOOOOOO hhhhhhh... THUNDER!!!! Looks really dark out there - we have a big storm coming, I had better finish and get off here. I don't like to have the computer on during big storms. Whoa!!! That was a big boom! Later gals!

Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:23 PM   #19  

Exclamation Don't Forget... this Saturday night...

Old 10-29-2004, 10:35 PM   #20  

Hello,

Well, DH has what I have now, talk about an unhappy camper whew. What a Mr. Crabby Appleton. I thought I was losing my voice this afternoon, but it is better now. I am still so congested and really really tired.

The men won't be building their road tomorrow, we had over an inch of rain lat night and more expected tonight. They will have to find another form of entertainment for Saturday. The grandboys won't be coming down until the evening and staying while their parents attend a 40th birthdy party for one of DD's friends from grade school, well they have been friends since kindergarten actually.

Sunny, I am happy to hear that you are just busy and not under the weather, like the rest of us. Guido, looks so cute under the table. I like his little two tone nose. We have never had a lot of trick or treaters, because we live in the country. Most of the country kids go into the city to trick or treat. But a few kids do stop in, and the grandkids from next door will be over I am sure. Halloween has never ever been a favorite of mine. I scare too easily. And I don't understand all that candy. I imagine you and Joe have big plans for the weekend. Are you going to any Fall or Harvest parties?

Charlotte, well tomorrow is your big day. I sure hope it has stopped raining in your corner of Alabama. I suppose you really got your fill of election commercials today, being at the station and all. Since Wisconsin is an important state to both candidates we have had them practically living her the last two months. I for one will be very thankful when this election is over, I can't say I would be looking forward to tampon commercial though. I still remember the first time I saw a tampon/pad commercial on TV, I was really upset, but all that is common place now. Well, back to the important thing in your life a, "roof" I hope you get one tomorrow and all goes well.

Sheila, I hope you are not trying to book passsage to Chicago right about now. I know you are worried though. Whatever it is, it will be all right. Our Son's in-laws have a dachshund. Nasty little character, very stubborn and impossible to house train. But they keep trying, bless their hearts. There's a big beautiful full moon out tonight and all the dogs around us are barking up a storm. I hope I can fall asleep, so I don't have to listen to their serenade all night. I was so tired at work all day, it is month end and I had a ton of stuff to get done on the main frame computer, but the men got backed up and put us behind, so I have to go in on Sunday to finish up. What is it about those men, they are so self focused. Hope you are ok Sheila and life isn't handing you sour grapes right now.

Take care all. Talk to you soon

Bluet
Old 10-29-2004, 11:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, all!

Can't figure out why I haven't posted before, other than I got caught up watching Oprah (love those room makeover shows), then went to get my Dad his medication that he forgot to get. After that I made dinner, then I watch TV with my Dad for an hour. Oh, I bought him the medication I've been wanting him to take ($200--yikes!) and told him to take it to help with his memory and sleep problems. I suppose that's not entirely truthful, but it wasn't a lie either.

Bluet, sounds like you had a horrible day at work what with the computer stuff and your cold. What a bummer that you have to go in on Sunday. At least OB might not be there?? Hope not. Well, if they can't work on the road, I guess you don't have to cook for the road crew. Are they going to be able to get it done at all before spring with the weather getting crummy? You don't understand candy? My hips understand it too well! No, I do know what you mean. My DH was telling me that trick-or-treating had its roots in an Irish tradition. Don't know if that's true, but it would be interesting to find out why it all started. It is kind of weird when you think about it. We tell kids not to talk to strangers or take candy from strangers yet one night a year, we send them out to knock on strangers' doors and ask for candy. Quite the mixed message!

Charlotte, I really hate it when we lose touch with people on bulletin boards. Like you, I worry about what's happening and why they've disappeared. Truly we'd never know if something horrible befell one of us unless a relative got on the computer and posted, and in bad times that's unlikely to happen. Maybe we should tell our DHs that if something happens they need to come to this BB and let us all know.

At the station you probably can't get away from those darn commercials. At least at home you can mute them or switch to another channel. I wish that we could put a dollar limit on what candidates spend, and if they collect more it all goes to the social security fund. It just seems like they spend a ridiculous amount campaigning. When one of the candidates came here, he stayed at someone's home and the smallish city had to provide extra police and security people at the city's expense. The place was near a lake where there is a lot of float plane traffic, and the float plane business had to close for 24 hours--no air traffic was allowed. They figure they lost over $100,000 plus they had to strand someone in Canada because they couldn't fly to pick the guy up from fishing in the wilderness and there was no way to contact him.

I hope the weather is good tomorrow, Charlotte!

Guido is so cute, SunnyD! Love that pic! Hey, that's a good idea about the grow light. My crazy (literally) cousin's shrink recommended a full spectrum light for her to stave off winter depression, so my sister and I bought one for her. It was expensive, but they're supposed to work well.

I've never seen the one-piece granite sink, but I love the one piece Corian sinks, which I've got to have. Not having caulking to discolor or mold (a problem in this damp area) would be wonderful. The trend at this show was farm sinks, those big clunky sinks. They're okay, but I still want a one-piece Corian sink.

No word from my daughter yet. I've learned that it's best to let her call me so I'm hoping that no news is good news. According to her, the punishment was either separation (which I interpret as dishonorable discharge) or 45 days of confinement to his bunk or something like that. She had some Navy name for it, and it wasn't the time to ask her all about it.

Well, I lost another pound today. At least the trend is downward, if ever so slow.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:55 PM   #22  

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I hate seeing us on page 2, so I'm bumping us up.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:11 AM   #23  

Smile

Good November Monday Morning,

Hi Bluet ~ I am so very sorry to hear that hubby is now feeling ill! I do hope he's up-to-par again soon!
How are you feeling today?

Nope... we didn't go to any of the Harvest parties, but it looks as if allot of the children and parents did! We had a nice, but way too quiet Halloween! I wish we had more children come by then we do... we only had 10 come to the door last night. We get less children now because of the BIG Autumn parties I mentioned at the fire stations or county halls... for children's safety. Oh well... ... now Joe has some bags of 'lunch size' oreo cookies for his lunch this week and next

Hi Sheila ~ Mee too... loved the makeover shows and I watched that Oprah show too. Boy... is she ever looking good! Our fav is on Sunday nights ~ *The Extreme Makeover - Home Edition* They have a special on tonight (at 8:00 I think ) telling us how they do what they do.

You know... I heard that Halloween began with the Irish too. I know it began as a pagan holiday to celebrate evil. That's why I am glad that most in my area have gone over to the celebration of Autumn.

I am so sorry to hear of your DD and her Navy problems... hope it all gets cleared up real soon!!!

in losing another pound!!!!

I am so very happy for you! You are doing a wonderful job!! I have seen some of your other threads in the 100 Club You are so good for those gals Sheila! I haven't budged again... but I just keep on going in hopes of seeing change myself. I just began a new November Walking Thread (Exercise) and have already gotten quit a number of ladies to join in - so nice! They really encourage me to keep on going... as I try to do for them. We had a wonderful October Thread going. I think you know some of those gals too.

Angel ~ Hope all is well with you... I know you are very busy right now with the elections tomorrow!

I wonder if we could exchange our home addresses through PM, so we are able to stay in touch with one another if anything were to happen here. I have already instructed my Joe in how to get here if anything were to happen to me, but if we had each other's addresses we could always fall back on those. Just a thought

*~*~*

We didn't do a whole lot this weekend, believe it or not. Saturday we went to breakfast as usual, but Joe & I grocery shopped alone because our pals, Mike & Peggy had to be somewhere else that morning. We also went to the wholesale club for a few things I needed. Then my Joe went out to change the oil on the jeep (to get it ready for our Thanksgiving trip to Maine) and then he mowed the lawn for the last time this year. I was inside and had opened up some windows --- it was such a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! It went into the 70's and was very windy (gusts at about 40 - 45mph). So leaf raking was out all weekend because of the high winds! Sunday we had some gusts of about 35 - 40mph. I decided to watch old suspense movies this weekend & caught up with some magazine reading... such a nice day. It was very relaxing with the windows open just listening to the sounds of the wind and leaves outdoors... I just enjoy the Autumn season so much and hate to see it go.

Yesterday, after church, I went out to breakfast with Mike, Peg & their DD, Lisa, but Joe stayed at church to direct the CHOIR @ 10:00... then he joined us at the restaurant about 11:30... we got home at around 12:30 and then just read our Sunday paper and chilled out to an old movie together... *Hush, hush, sweet Charlotte* with Betty Davis... really a good suspense movie! Then at around 6 the kids began to show up, but not many at all... I was bummed! Our Guido loves it when the kids come and they pet all over him... the other two stay in the bedroom hiding & sleeping. Last night we just chilled to TV... our shows... *Extreme Home Makeover* and I taped *Cold Case* on at the same time and then I watched *Law & Order - CI* and off to bed we went at 10pm.

I wish the dead mole smells had gotten better in here, but with the warmer temps this weekend it got worse! Thank goodness I could open the windows!!! I cannot wait till it has gone, but I think it's here to stay for a bit longer then I would like!

That's it!!! Our whole weekend in a nutshell... we had a blissful weekend for sure. Hope you all did too

Well, I am going to get on the T-Mill now and try to get in a mile or so... I ate some of those oreo cookies last night Long time since I had anything sweet like that! Got a bit of a headache this morning (sugar hangover I think!).

Thinking of you...
(((Hugs)))
SunnyD
<><

VOTE Tuesday!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 11-01-2004, 09:08 PM   #24  

Good evening, ladies! It's rather a dark and dreary one here. Rain, grey skies, and you can definitely tell it's getting darker earlier.

Well, SunnyD, 10 was more than we had. We had the same two groups we've had for the third time in a row--the kids next door, and the kids across the street. I'm not sure if it's just because there aren't that many kids in the 'hood or if it's because they have to walk up the hill and through the carport to get to the door. Our leftovers went to my Dad who took them somewhere. I had four myself, but I had planned on having four fun-size candy bars. I bought 3 Musketeers, which advertises 45% less fat. Don't know if that's true, but I counted out the Weight Watcher points.

Did you rent the movies or watch them on TV? I noticed that yesterday there were a bunch of scary/thriller-type movies on a lot of the channels. I'm not a fan of the genre (I scare too easy!) so I settled for my old standby HGTV. Even that didn't escape the scary stuff because they changed "If These Walls Could Talk" to "If These Walls Could Haunt," which was all about ghosts that live in old houses. I had to quit watching at that point!

That smell is still with you? Hhmm, I wonder if there's something else that is making the smell that Joe hasn't found yet? It seems like it should be cleared out by now.

We had two beautiful days in a row, too. I cut off dead flowers and tried to put most of the flowerbeds to bed for the winter. My DH wheelbarrowed some mulch down from the back 40 and covered everything after I'd cut back and weeded. On Sunday we took the dog for a walk down in this neighborhood where there's a small park overlooking the ferry dock. I love to watch the ferries go back and forth.

My daughter told me that her DH got busted down one rank and is on a 45-day thing where he can't go off the ship. He can still use his cell phone, however. She said he was going to try to get separated from the Navy, but I have no idea how that talk went. My oldest son called and said he took my GD to the Mall to trick-or-treat. I guess she really loved looking at the kids in costumes. She isn't around other kids very much, but really gets excited when she is. Her teachers have been working with her on eating, and I guess she actually ate some baby food the other day. That's a real breakthrough because she hates anything in her mouth. It's pretty common with kids with her condition. I talked to her on the phone for a little bit, and my son said she was smiling plus she did "talk" to me. He's supposed to come out for a couple of days at Christmas, but she has Christmas with her Mom this year.

Hope everyone had a great Monday!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:20 PM   #25  

Hi,

I am going to try to post to you all tomorrow morning. I am so tired from this flu thing I am going to bed. I was falling asleep trying to watch HGTV. I have to get my energy back pretty soon. I went on several coughing jags today, resorted to keeping cough drops in my mouth, but now my stomach feels like yuk. Everyone at work tries to avoid me. One of the gals in the front office looked like she was coming down with this today. I told her I was really, really sorry.

Bluet
Old 11-01-2004, 10:47 PM   #26  

Bluet

It took me a long time to get over that last episode of cold and flu. It was really rough. Hope you're better real soon.

Sheila...I'm glad your little granddaughter is doing as well as she is. She sounds so precious! Her picture makes me want to just squeeze her! My granddaughter gets off the bus at the TV Station. Her dad was late picking her up tonight, so when it came time for my program, I just let her sit up there with me & sing! I got more call ins than usual. Hmmm........I wonder why!
I hope your SIL is ok. And your daughter. I'm sorry for the problems.

Sunny...it would have to be home addresses for my DH. He couldn't email! I keep thinking he'll try to do a little on a computer, but, so far, he hasn't. I don't mind. I can give an email address to any of you, & instruct maybe my friend at the station to let you all know if anything happens to me. I don't like losing touch at all. It has really worried me about Fatpuss.
I like your beautiful November graphic! Have you had any luck with that new site? I found a couple of things there last night.

Well, the Lord answered my prayers. It was a beautiful day, Saturday. Couldn't ask for a more perfect day. Only thing, no one showed up. I guess I just give up. I don't know what else to do. Our SIL finally showed up around 3pm. He said it was raining at his house Saturday morning so, figured it was here, also. IF he had called, he would have found out it wasn't. In fact, I told him so. I told him it was raining all around, but we asked for it not to at our house....& prayers were answered. He just smiled. You know, it's easy to smile, when you don't live in it. Sorry.....that's just how I'm feeling. One thing for sure, I'm not planning another day. IF it happens, it happens.

I hope all have a good evening.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:56 PM   #27  

Greetings all!

I really wasn't lost!! My computer just packed up completely and I couldn't get into it. DS was in Houston on a computer course so I had to wait for him to return to see what the dickens was wrong with it. Luckily for me he was able to fix it remotely....he isolated 913 spyware files and was able to delete them!!! I had no idea this is becoming such a problem...and I don't really surf the net that much so I have no idea where they came from. I noticed they have been advertising a program on TV this Thursday about this very problem so I will have to watch it and get a little more educated. I have a firewall and virus detector but I guess nothing is safe and sucure anymore. Anyhow as of today I am up and running again so now I have more reading to to to get caught up again!!

Just thought I would let you know I am back!

Have a good day....Jacquie
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:04 PM   #28  

Hello,

I had a busy morning at work, payroll and accounts payable and then invoicing. So couldn't fit in any time to post. Finally it is my lunch break, but I will need to go past it to post. I sure hope, that the rest of you do not get this crud thing. I am sorry Charlotte had to go through this. I would be really upset if the rest of you felt like this.

I have really been thinking about Fatpuss and her not responding to at least one of us to let us know she is ok. Even if she couldn't fit posting into her schedule, I know she would tell us that, so that we would not be concerned about her. I have sent her at least two or three e-mails to her home and I am sure Charlotte has too. What do you think our next strategy should be? The last time I heard from her was September 5.

Charlotte, I'll be darned, what went wrong on Saturday, I thought you had a commitment from everyone to be there to get that roof done. I know how disappointed you are I can feel it in my heart. Did DH work on it alone then? Did any of the roof get done at all? I love the story about your Grandaughter singing with you on the show, how darling is that?

Sunny, we didn't have any children come for trick or treat this year except for the grandkids. The grandkids were so cute we had the three grandaughters here at once the 6 year old was Belle from Beauty And The Beast Christmas, she had a beautiful red dress on with a crown, the 16 month old was a cute little pumpkin and the 13 month old was a fuzzy little white rabbit. Grandson was Frankenstein. It was a lot of fun to see them. They were so proud of their costumes.

Sunny, I was thinking the same thing, that we should exchange addresses. It is only fair to one another that we do that. We have been posting together for a long time now and we certainly would be concerned, if one of us stopped posting and did not respond to emails. This way we could always send one another a card or note when we had the urge to do so.

Sheila, sounds like you are having some gloomy weather too. We have had our fair share of rain. No, they did not work on the road on Saturday. DH and SIL went to a farm dealership about 30 minutes from here and bought a huge truck (larger that their current one) and an elevator to use to get their wood home, that we burn in our wood burners. They traded in their other dump truck and the guy called it a fair trade even-up. I don't know about those guys. I told you they would find some other entertainment for Saturday. SIL is installing an outside wood burner this year. There are underground pipes leading from it to whatever building/home you want to heat on your property and heats water some way and heats your home or other building. That way all the wood mess is outside instead of in the basement. One only has to put wood in it twice a day, which is a blessing when it is below zero outside. I like the warm heat of a wood burner, but not the wood in the basement. Congratulations, on your weight loss. You are really working hard at it and deserve to drop those pounds. Bless your heart, I hope you meet your goal weight right on schedule.

Well, girls I had better get back to work, enough folly on company time.

Bluet
Old 11-02-2004, 10:31 PM   #29  

Hi everyone!

Ah, Charlotte, how cute about your granddaughter singing with you. Sounds like she was a big hit. What a bummer about Saturday! Guess while we were all praying for good weather, we should have added a few about people showing up. I'd be totally ticked off.

Jacquie, how great to see you back! Like you, I always let my DH fix any computer problems. My son works in the field, and now my daughter is learning how to fix computers so I have a lot of expertise to count on. I thought the virus protection and firewall would help with the spyware stuff, too, but I guess not.

I can't figure out how that heating thing works, Bluet. I can't picture it in my mind. Will he have to go out in subzero weather and stoke the thing so they can get hot water? That's pretty good that they got a bigger truck, and it didn't cost them anything. It sounds like Halloween was a lot of fun for your grandkids. I just love those little pumpkins costumes for toddlers.

My father accidentally voted for the wrong candidate today. When I asked him if he got a new ballot, he said no because he'd been going to vote for a candidate that wasn't running for the two main parties anyway as a protest so it didn't really matter who he voted for. I was rather amused because he's always been a staunch member of a particular party. Plus he voted the opposite party for governor here. I was rather amused.

On a not amusing issue, my daughter called and is getting evicted from her apartment. The manager called because my DD has a person staying in the apartment while everyone else is gone. My DD said they'd put this person on the lease, but the manager said the only way they could do that was if my DD came into the office in person. She explained that she couldn't because she was in Chicago, but she'd be happy to fax everything. Can't do that, according to the manager, have to come in person. Luckily, my DD can get out of the lease because she signed a military clause that lets her out if her orders change, which they did. She and her DH wanted to keep the apartment, but they'll just have to find a new one when they both get back to Norfolk.

A rainy, rainy day here, and our bathroom skylight is leaking again. Grrrr!
Old 11-02-2004, 11:10 PM   #30  

Hope everyone is doing well tonight. It's raining here......again. I'm beginning to think we're never going to see sunshine 2 days in a row, again.

Bluet...that's a good idea about the addresses. Anyone wants my address, or email address, just pm me. We're friends, & I want to keep in touch. I have a trusting friend at the station that will help me out. DH would....but, doesn't know computers....& you'd never be able to understand his handwriting. I am soooo worried about Fatpuss.
Yes, DH worked from early Saturday until after dark on the roof. I got up early to go to town & get hot dogs, hamburgers, etc, to grill for everyone. Wasn't even sprinkling in town ( 10 miles) either! When our SIL came later Sat. evening, they got together & put up part of the plywood for a ceiling in the garage. It's hard to be upset at him....he's worked a lot on our house. It's just that we thought we had a committment from all of them, & got disappointed. We still haven't heard from our SIL that was in the army. He's having a lot of problems though. We're very concerned. He's having such bad nightmares, he makes himself stay awake all night. Then, he can't function during the day. Gina is the only one working, because he hasn't been able to find a job yet. It's sad he spent a year in Iraq, & can't get peace of mind, now. I'm afraid it's going to harm their marriage, if something doesn't happen, soon, for the better.

Yes, Sheila, I was ticked off. Mostly hurt, though. I'm a little touchous, I suppose. Today is the 2 yr anniversary of the house fire. It's getting to me.

Had another bad episode today. Got news early this morning a young woman (around 19 or 20) was killed in a care accident. She & her brother were in my Sunday School class for several years. We go to a very small church. So the children were all the same age. Didn't have to change classes as they grew. I stayed their teacher, & we were very close. Her, & her brother had stopped coming to church, which is sad. They still loved me very much, though. Of course, I still love them. It just about tore me up this morning, when I got the news. I just left home for the day, to escape.

I know it's hard to take care of your dad, & a lot of things are sad. But, he still does things to amuse us. I love hearing your stories. I hope you're keeping a journal. You may have to refer back to some of these posts.

I hope things get better for your daughter. Prayers going up.

Jacquie...so glad to hear from you! Darn these computers! They can be so aggravating! I have Ad-Aware on mine. It's a free download. I run it once a week to clean out spyware, etc. There's always something it finds. The first time was over 600! My computer always runs faster afterwards. This is besides the virus protector & firewall.

Hello SunnyD! Hope you're just resting today, & nothing's wrong.
Hi to all! Have a good evening.

Hope you all voted today....I did!