Old 10-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Crystal I got it that time thanks for sending it Are you gonna get a nap in todaY?

Deana Good Morning! How is the ear feeling today? Have you tried an ear candle? I love them, I use them when I have ear aches and they help alot! Check to see if any of your natural food stores sell them

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:52 AM   #17  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey Girls

Can I just say...I am so tired of being poor!!!!!!! DH works at the highest paying job he can find and I have too many kidsthat need me to work at this point. We are on several kind of govt. assistance at the moment and I have to wait for the mail just to eat, so I hope my EBT card is in the mail TODAY!!! That ought to help with my weight loss, no food, no problem! I have no money at all, and won't for a while. The bank did a number on me and held a check I deposited for a few days and caused my account to be overdrawn!! I am going to talk to them today, but not sure they will do anything about it. *SIGH*

Sorry, I just needed to vent!! I usually don't like to be a downer, but I am just in a mood today. We are willing to do whatever it takes to get on track, but seem to have run out of options. We are looking for a cheaper home to rent, once I find that I can keep kids at home I hope! I hope no one thinks less of me for the situation I am in, this is just our season for trouble!

My Bible study is much needed as you can see. But it's about realizing that sometimes we eat to try to fill a void that can only be filled by Christ. If we come into a greater knowlege and relationship with Him, we lose that need to do the wrong things to feel good. There is a diet that includes fasting a fay or two a week, but I am diabetic and can't do it. So I am trying to just really think before I eat and to make my portions more along what the dietary guidelines are. So if I am not feeling literal hunger pains, I need to go to my Bible or pray through the urge to eat out of any other need than to nourish my body. Make sense? I am enjoying it so far!

Leigh...Liam is adorable! Glad you found your book, hope it works.

Crystal...Andrew is a doll. Maybe one day I can show you my doll!!

Deana...It's not rude to ask, I enjoy talking about my plan, I just don't want to seem like I am pushing my faith on anyone in the process that isn't interested in hearing about it.

Kristin...Sorry about your car. It's a Monday, so I will be cleaning too!! We do nothing around here on the weekends, so I have to play catch up!! HATE IT!!

Back in a bit!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:07 PM   #18  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default OH yeah

My lack of sleep(which is also contributing to this mood I am sure) is due to Christian's desire to stay up late and wake up crying a couple of times a night. Which one of you sent these symptoms to us, MEL??? Crystal???LOL!

I am working this week on adjusting his schedule and mine as well. Having to pick up kids at all hours of the day and night and be up by 5:30(yeah right) is so hard!

Stress of the moment isn't helping either.

I'll be fine eventually!

Love to all!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there Cindi! I'm praying for you sweetie!! We all love you here and no matter what your situation nothing will change that, we love you for you and what you represent not what you have and how much.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:14 PM   #20  
I'm a homeschool mama

Cindi, so sorry about the hard times. But your faith will definitely get you through them. We are having some tough times too. This is the first time we've ever had to use assistance. Sorry about the lack of sleep, it wasn't me that sent them, I've still got them, LOL. Thanks for your words about Andrew.

Michelle, about a nap...I hope so. Maybe after lunch. What is an ear candle? I'm assuming to know by what it's called but I've never heard of them.

I've got some things done, now I've got laundry to put up and Andrew needs another treatment. That's a fight I'm not looking forward to.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:16 PM   #21  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Michelle: We don't have a natural food store anywhere near me and not sure the ear candle would work with the inner ear infection. It is feeling better today, no pain but still stuffy. I've been on the antibiotics since Sat evening and think they are starting to kick in and clear it up. Thanks for asking.

Cindi: No way would we think any less of you for your situation. I'm sure most if not all of us have been there before. I know I have. But it all works out in the end. Are any of the older kids working? Can they help when you are in a bind? I know we shouldn't have to borrow form our children but when worse come to worse you do what you have to so you can survive. Just a thought. Hope the bank works with you. Just keep your head up and it will all work itself out. Is dh's work seasonal?

Gotta get Abby ready for school.

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 10-18-2004 at 12:41 PM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:21 PM   #22  
2BoysMom

Hello all,

I'll post in a bit...just wanted to let Michelle know I started the challenge today! Meant to get down here a long, long time ago and tell you......

I'll be back
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:23 PM   #23  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Where's Mel, Penny, Jill...???

Just checking in. Just fed the kids lunch and I'm getting really, really sleepy. Hope to take a nap in a minute. Hope everyone is having a great day. It's really windy here so I'm keeping Andrew indoors for SURE. Gave him another treatment and he sounds better and has been playing, hopefully he'll take a nap without me so I can take one by myself, we'll see.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:29 PM   #24  
Walking away the weight

Afternoon I've been wearing a pedometer all day as part of my first week on my new program. I have the pedometer from a long time ago since I'm a big walker. Actually, that's always been the one form of exercise I don't mind doing. At least there's something LOL. Anyway, I'm not supposed to do "extra" exercise or walk more than I normally would, but I went on my 30 minute walk since I do that almost every day normally. I'm also writing down everything I eat this week and my emotional state at the time.

Hi, Kristin! Sorry to hear about your car How annoying!

Michelle- thanks for the Liam compliment!

Crystal, thanks for the compliment I hope you get to see Libby (I hope I remembered her name right) soon. I know how hard it must be to have Andrew not well, but still have to take care of everyone else.

Cindi- I'm sorry ya'll are struggling so much right now. I know it probably doesn't help a huge amount for me to say, "hang in there" but I know if you do, things will soon turn around for the best. I'll send my thoughts and prayers your way

Deana- a Curves membership for your Bday is a wonderful idea! And thank you for the compliments on the photos of Liam

I really hope I haven't left anyone out LOL!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:39 PM   #25  
2BoysMom

Good afternoon everyone!

Crystal and Leigh...your boys are both ardorable!!!

Cindi..... everything will work out...it has too!!! Sending my prayers your way too.

Spryng... let us know ASAP about dh's possible new job!!

Leigh...good luck with the new plan. WE CAN DO THIS! We are bright women...this should be a no brainer don't you think?

Deana...can't belive your ear is STILL bothering you! Arrrgh! I've heard of ear candles..but never knew of anyone who tried them.

Kristin...hope the blazer is fixed soon. Sounds like something I would do...the 4WD low thing...in fact, come to think of it...I think I did do that on the freeway on the way to work about 2 years ago called dh and everything!

Mel...how was the workout this morning?

Jill..how's school going?

Ricci..you out there? How's it going for you?

Well, I called the dr's office this morning 'cause Tony's got a rash all over his body. His fever's been gone since yesterday morning. They think it's Rosella and the rash can last 4-5 days. Doesn't seem to be bothering him...just looks like it should be. It seemed like it was going away but then got darker again around noon. Hmmmm. May have to call again tomorrow to see if he's ok for the sitter's on Wed.

Other than that...I'm back OP for today so far. I CAN DO THIS!!! I am not going to TOPS tonight though. I don't really want to WI this week and tomorrow night is our girl's dinner, Friday night is a gathering at another friend's and Saturday my Mom and I are going up north for a wedding. Dh didn't want to go so the boys are staying home with him. Should I give them a box of cookies?

BTW...I love Desparate Housewives! It cracks me up to no end. Crystal....send Dh out somewhere so you can watch it! It's hilarious!!

Gotta run. TTYL
Old 10-18-2004, 02:40 PM   #26  

Hello all, I'm back for my afternoon check in. I had an awesome workout today, if I do say so myself. My trainer finished up the half hour I missed last week when Patrick was crying in the nursery, but she added 15minutes to it. SO, I got in 45 of Personal training and 33 minutes of cardio exercise. Wheeewww! I feel good. I can tell my stomach is going down! Finally!!!!!!!

LEigh, Liam is just getting cuter and cuter.....If that's at all possible. I'm so glad your back to us. I missed you! Cool on the pedometer. Let us know how far you walked today. Be interesting to know. I tried it once and my kids kept swiping the thing off my pants!

Deana, I think that would be an awesome birthday presant to curves. maybe you should wait till mid november and see if any xmas deals are coming out. I bet something will come up soon!

Kristin. Sorry about the car thing. At least you know it's nothing serious.

Cindi, I am praying for you for all to work out. You are an awesome person and raising all those children is the toughest job ever. It will all work out! Don't worry about venting. we all need it now and again.

Geri, HEY! Good for you on starting the challange! So proud of you!

SPryng, HI! When do you here about that job? Chicken dinner sounds good. I never tried a whole chicken in the crock pot. Too bad a turkey didn't fit. Maybe a turkey breast would though. YUM! Thanksgiving is coming.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did ...holler at me! I have some laundry to do. It seems never ending these days. Extra clothes from the gym and my dh from exercising too. Ughh!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

I'm about to go down for a nap myself. It's not that I am very sleepy but I'm down on myself today. I had mcd's for lunch (and not a salad, lol) so I'm feeling guilty about it. I've been going through some strange stuff lately. My house is suffering, my diet is suffering... I just feel like I need a change, you know? But it's much more than food so who knows.

Anyway,

Leigh, so when do you start changing what you eat on this new plan and what type of diet is it? (low fat? low carb? smaller portions?) It sounds very interesting.

Crystal, hope you get to take a nap! And I don't know how I thought today was your appointment, it's in your signature, lol. So now I must be patient once again, lol... not one of my better attributes, lol.

Geri, which challenge did you start today?

Cindi, so sorry about your stresses today. I feel for you. We were on government plans when we first moved to Kansas for over a year and even though it paid the bills and put food on the table it was sooooo stressful. Have you thought about getting a job?

Deana, I think a curves membership would be a wonderful b-day present! There is nothing better to give yourself than great health so you can have many many more b-days, you know?

Well, I guess I better get off here for now. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:49 PM   #28  

Spryng, We are here for you! Must be something in the air that's traveling around. I was downish over the weekend and I see many of us having these days lately. Maybe go buy yourself a new shirt or something and see if doing something for you helps. Big hug to you!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:59 PM   #29  
Walking away the weight

Okay, I'm supposed to be using this time to read - I have two books I want to finish But you ladies beckon me!
I just taped Desperate Housewives last night - I haven't watched it before but am very curious.

Geri- on being OP today! Thanks for the compliment about Liam.

Melissa- thank you for the Liam compliments! on your intense workout. I bet you like having a trainer! I'm still considering it as a possible Birthday gift.

Spryng- in what way do you feel like you need a change? Is the new job search part of it? Maybe you're looking for some new personal fulfillment- some new skill, craft, etc. The new plan I'm trying is The Step Diet. I saw it reviewed on 3fatchicks home page. It is based on walking and portion reduction. The main author was one of the doctors who did that big study on people who lose weight and keep it off - have you heard of that study? I remember hearing stuff on the news about it. I like that it introduces small changes over time to make them more likely to remain a true life change.

Okay, gotta read and finish laundry too
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 03:18 PM   #30  
2BoysMom

Spryng...Michelle challenged me to drink 80 oz of water and get in 20 min of exercise each day...she's trying to motivate my sorry a$$.
I'm also starting journaling again and will be trading emails with a gf of mine. Helps me to keep journaling if I know someone's waiting to read it
Hugs to you on your mood!!