View Poll Results: How Many Pillows Do You Sleep With?
1 4 40.00%
2 3 30.00%
3 2 20.00%
4 1 10.00%
5 0 0%
6 Or More 0 0%
None 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 12:14 AM   #16  

Gayle that is funny, I told Dez what you said. Glad you joined us on the exercise board. Hey we will do it together. Shelley may have to drag us but we are up for the ride. Well I am just going to check out Tate....hmmm

Quiet here tonight but not in my house. Larry is tearing the closet apart in our bedroom. Since our house was built in 1928 they made the closets on the small side so we are going to extend it a bit and put in two doors. Larry will frame it tomorrow and then drywall it. We will probably only paint it next weekend. This winter we would like to tear Dez's walls down and put up drywall and paint it. She like blue so I will see what I can do with it. I also want to do the bathroom. I have a hand painted mexican sink. It is dark blue with bright yellow sunflowers. I have all the accessories that go with it to. We also will redo the cedar walls and put drywall and refinish the tub and put in a fancy shower with all the message jets. I think that I earned that one. Lots of work we will see what we will get done.

Well maybe Larry will quiet down so I can get some sleep. We have been sleeping in our Tropical Paradise because the paint fews were still strong now all the clothes that were in the closet are on our bed. Next week maybe but I don't mind sleeping surrounded by palm trees and beaches. Nightie, night!
Old 10-16-2004, 12:16 AM   #17  

Oh yes Sherry I was the one in the survey that sleeps with 4 pillows, you know that the Princess can't let you down.

Shelley I don't think I asked but how was the pedicure? What color are your nails? I had a pedicure yesterday. What joy.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:39 AM   #18  

I was at the ER last night until 2:30. My dad has been having pains in his stomach and finally decided to go. They ended up admitting him. When we left, he still was waiting to go up to the room. My mom hasn't driven in a few years, and now needs to drive to the hospital. We took her home, but she is going to drive in today. I'm thinking about following her, but I have that damn pedicure appointment this morning that I can't get out of. I am hoping that she will wait for me. That ER stinks. We were there from 9:00 last night. They said that Dad has some kind of obstruction in his bowels. He had colon cancer about 10 years ago and they removed a section of his colon. He also had an angioplast at that same time. My mom is so scared. I really think that he is will be just fine, but we'll have to see. At any rate, I'll let you all know what happens.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:43 AM   #19  
Losing it!

Shelley, I'm saying prayers for your dad... hopefully it isn't anything too serious. Please let us know when you can. Could someone else drive or follow your mom? Maybe she will decide to wait on you. PLEASE go and have your pedicure, nothing can change what is happening. Try to relax and enjoy your gift, your dad and mom will be ok. LOVE YOU!
Old 10-16-2004, 10:46 AM   #20  
Losing it!

Dee, are you putting the sink in Dez's room? The one with the sunflowers? You could always paint the room a rich blue and add handpainted sunflower swags to the wall as accented. If you want to learn to paint easy sunflowers, I'll send you some info.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:04 AM   #21  

hello friends!
shelly, im sorry to hear bout your dad ,how is he doing?

dee,sorry bout dez,good grief!
hope she is ok.

deb,did you get your hair fixed?
i have had that happen to me not a pretty site!

gayle,i still need to crack down on this house,the faster i go the behinder i get.
how is allison?

carol,this post is for you!
first off bigger than big hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i can honestly say i understand and feel your pain!
i was diagnosed with rhumatoid arthritis 6 yrs ago and i thought this is it my world is coming to a end,my hopes my dreams gone.....
with that being said...

you can beat ra!
dont let it beat you!
my dr. told me cuz i was overweight the pain was worse cuz i was unactive(i was working at the time)
i would be in a wheelchair cuz my ra affects the blood as well,i could no longer work couldnt wear shoes good at all id sit for hours holding my big toes crying and rocking and thru the burning numbness heartbeat,pounding,whitelite busting thru your eyes even considered cutting it off!
how could somthing so little hurt so big!
what can i do i cried to him several visits and meds later.
you gotta choice.....
ra and the ra clan.fibromylia (sp)sojersyns ok i cant spell it! disease and reg.oa has 2 things in common,
they steal and they hurt!
of course taking the meds is crucial and some are unpleasant,prednesone but you can side step it.ive proved it carol.
if they give you pred burst first thing cut down on the salt cuz you will swell.
watch out for gas inducers i do have to alarm the family cuz preds gives gas.
you can lose weight on preds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you hear me!
you can lose weight on preds!
you will have hot flashes prior to a ra flare up watch for em!
you will notice the feet and ankles and knuckles of finger turning slightly red watch out drink water and hot baths,for its a flare up,reduce that sweeling as fast as you can,no sweeling no pain!
get it?
i know this because i have no ins. and cant get the care or meds i realy need.
i have scoured everything i can get my hands on about this unseen disease!
i say unseen because if a person doesnt have ra which is the worse of the arthrisitis family they dont understand how you feel cuz its inside unless you have nodules or crippled up fingers as a result of no treatment they cant see it and it makes you feel very alone.
now,you realy need to exercise,i know i know!
your feet and ankles feel like glass about to fracture after getting up and walking,the gristling and cracking are endless,does your feet burn to the fact that whlie sleeping so that its excruiating for the other foot to touch it?
yep me to,wrap ice cold washrags around your feet,reduces the beating pressure,
dr.said if you dont wanna be on a cane,walker,wheelchair keep moving even tho you feel like dying.
once you get stiff your down for days.
walking with leslie sansone BAREFOOTis aceptable to ra it doesnt mind it.
i have been doing pilates for im getting ra in my spine the fluid movement are realxing and beneficial to those that have ra it will stretch you out and you wont be as tite in the joints.
im sorry this so long girls but i needed to tell carol that there is life after ra!
its not a death warrant.
i no your depressed i went in a depressed state of shock as well.
you can beat this and i know there is no cure but...
you can make it easier by knowing how it works and how to live with it.
and one more thing!
ra has a factor that it loves and feeds and grows off STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you have a stressful situaion and we all do prepare cuz the destructor will come looking for you!
beat him!
you can email me or talk to me about it whenever you need to.
remember ...
DONT LET IT WIN!
MANY HUGS,
doni
Old 10-16-2004, 02:19 PM   #22  

Doni I didn't realize that you suffered from ra. I know that it must be touch but you have a good attitude and are equiped with all the info.

Shelley I am sorry to hear about your Dad. I will pray for him and hope that everything will go well.

Gayle the sunflower sink is going in the main floor bathroom which is located right beside Dez's room. I would love the info on how to paint the sunflowers. I love them. I have a beautiful border of sunflowers in my sunroom. It looks like it is hand painted because the edges are cut to the shape of the flowers and it looks like you can see the brush strokes. It might be a good idea to do her room with blue and with the sunflowers, it will help tie in the rest of the house. I was thinking of painted it blue and yellow so it had the french feel.

So where is everyone else. Did you get to skinny to post?
Old 10-16-2004, 02:42 PM   #23  
Losing it!

Dee, I'll put some info together and send it out to you this week. I STILL want to paint the Wizard of Oz characters in Allisons room and accent with the painted sunflowers, since that is the Kansas state flower. Allison LOVES anything concerning the Wizard of Oz! She wants to be Dorothy when she grows up. LOL!
Old 10-16-2004, 02:53 PM   #24  
Losing it!

ohhhhhh! Dee! You just helped me figure something out! I've been looking for a sunflower bedspread for when I do Allison's room. So far, I haven't found any I like in the colors I like, plus they are all expensive. I think I will get a rich navy blue, solid bedspread and paint the sunflowers on it with fabric paint. That way the sunflowers on the wall will match her bedding.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:10 PM   #25  

Hey that is perfect Gayle. I am sure that with your talent it will look beautiful. I didn't realize that you were going to send me the info by mail, that is so sweet of you. I really appreciate it. Tell Allison since she already lives in Kansas that if she wants to be Dorthy she can fly away to Winnipeg. I will be here waiting for her. How is she feeling?
Old 10-16-2004, 03:52 PM   #26  
Losing it!

It looks worse then it feels~~ She is complaining of tenderness, more so since the swelling went down. I think with the swelling she also had some numbness. She is still limping but it didn't effect her "spunkiness"!!!! Opinionated as ever!
She sat out during PE at school all of last week, this week I think she may be ok as long as they are not running.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:55 PM   #27  
Losing it!

If I could arrange it, I would fly with her on down to winnipeg and paint the sunflowers for you!

Hey Doni, why don't you share the picture of you wearing your thong with the gals here???? LOL!!!!!
Old 10-16-2004, 07:19 PM   #28  

Hey

I'm sorry for not posting the last couple of days. Been running crazy!

Since we only have 1 car right now, I've been having to work things out with Wayne going to the Dr. a few times. Wayne fell at work on his knee. To make a long story short...He tore his Meniscus. His surgery will be Oct. 25th. He's having a hard time with it. It hurts and it's hard for him to walk.

Gayle....I think Tate is the best looking guy on that site!!! What a cutie-pie! And wow...he grew up in the home with 5 boys! He seems so sweet according to his interview. I'm wishing him luck! I think it comes on tonight...need to check again.

I have so much to do before bed.We have a game tomorrow so I'll post again tomorrow night (If I'm not too tired) or Monday.

Love to all.......BIG HUGS!
Old 10-16-2004, 08:06 PM   #29  

gayle,your a riot!i cant imagine wearing a thong!
lol!
course its better than my panties falling round my anles!
lol
hey im gonna try to send a pic. of my dd ill see if it comes thru!
doni
Old 10-16-2004, 08:14 PM   #30  

catagan's first fish!
Closed Thread