Old 10-12-2004, 05:38 AM   #31  
kitty Momo

Ok
It is 2:30am here in Portland and I just got off the phone with the sweetest man.

November 2nd at 8:45 am I leave Portland for Hilo........yay......

Just soooooooo excited and told him I couldn't believe he was buying a ticket for me........he just said "be happy.....I said I would treat you like a queen"....he just loves me....lol

Just ........omg..........have to go buy underwear!! jk..........just can't sleep now, had to tell someone.....

night
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:17 AM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Oh my goodness! Lots of posting since yesterday morning!

I'm a little behind this morning! I completely forgot yesterday was a holiday so going to the bank did me no good. (well, I did get money out of the ATM for parking)

Learning something new at work and it seems simple enough to do. There is just so much to remember and get right I start thinking about how they don't require college degree for this job. Maybe once I get going it will come into perspective.....

Angie--Do you have a Ross there in Canada? I found a few ponchos that were less than $10. One was even priced at $4.99. (I should have bought her that one too) This weekend I'm going to look around and maybe buy myself one and get Jhanai a couple more. She needs a black one that will go w/everything. I should have had you buy Jhanai's costume. She's wanting to be the Vampires Queen....or as she said it Queen of the ****....I told her to just say Vampires Queen. Sounds like you guys found some cool costumes. James and I are still not sure what we're doing this year. Maybe go check out some of the costume contest.....or hang out at home passing out candy.

Cristi--Wow you were busy! How were the movies? (I should probably check the movie thread.....maybe already posted it there) Did you end up finding a truck for your son? James is really wanting another truck. I keep telling him that our truck is fine and the payments we have a fine....no need to add to it!

Susan--
I'm SO EXCITED for you!! You a date for take off!! Oh please make sure you bring a camera and take tons of photos of the two of you having the time of your lives! Is this your first trip to Hawaii or have you been there before?

Julie--Don't think of yourself as a sucker.....when you have a friend....no matter what they do that irks you or crosses the line....your heart always tells you that you're friends for some reason and to just stick with it. We just want to make sure that you're not getting totally taken advantage of. I think you're a wonderful friend for doing what you have done so far!

Ellen--I don't have as many critters as Jen does, but I do have two chihuahua's and three kittens. A bunch of mini animals running around wanting my attention! Glad that your family helped you out w/the cleaning. What good kids you have there!!

Sue--Maybe while your hubby is scratching your back...he'll throw in a back rub for you! Your idea of not buying halloween candy until the last minute is a great one. I bought four---thats right everybody four--- bags to put up for Halloween and by golly......between me and James they were gone the first week! Candy wrappers everywhere! (I'm so ashamed )

Good morning to the rest of you girls out there! Hope you're having a marvelous morning. I'm freezing. It's cold. It seems to be getting that chilly nip in the air while the sun is out. LOVE that! I can get all bundled in a cute out fit.....wait....I need to buy a cute outfit, anyway......I COULD bundle up in one if I had one and take a walk. Love walking in this kind of weather.

Ok....I have got to get going. Before it gets too late.

I'll try and check in later after work.

Have a good morning.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:18 AM   #33  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies!!! So glad to see all the posts from yesterday!!!

Katy - we leave Friday afternoon and will be back Wednesday. It's a short but sweet trip, lol. I am so excited I can barely sleep! I love your new movie thread! We shoulda done that a long time ago!

Marti - yep, I'm with the others, and think you're doing the right thing by paying the $3 to park. Even at my highest weight, I would sometimes feel faint if I needed to eat. Now I take something in the car so that doesn't happen, lol. Wonder if it's a little bit low blood sugar? Btw, swinging (on swings in the park!!) sounds like so much fun!

Angie - the soup sounds so good! Let us know how it was, ok? I've seen the ponchos at WallyWorld, and they are too cute! I laughed my butt off when I read about you and Monte dressed as a shiek and harem girl! Too, too funny!!!

Cristina - I've missed you here, sweetie. Wow, you have been very busy. Did you find a truck for DS?

Susan - omg, Nov. 2nd will be here before you know it! I'm so excited for you! This guy sounds so sweet, and I'm glad your friend agrees that he's a keeper!

Ellen - I'm the one who lives in the country, on a near-60 acre farm. We don't farm it - someone else does, although our garden is huge, and we have all kinds of fruit trees. I'm just a country bumpkin, lol, but lived in town all my life until 4 years ago. I didn't know there was a new Belva Plain book coming out - thanks for sharing that info!!

Julie - glad you got your night shift over with. Hmmmm, I think it's weird that you haven't heard from your friend yet. Seems like her mom would have called her right away, don't you think?

Jen - I always use the WW soup when I want to munch mindlessly. It gets rid of the need, and is healthy to boot. Start with ff chicken broth, tomato juice, and then add whatever harmless veggies you like. Just a thought.

Sue - maybe you should buy Halloween candy you don't care for. For me, that would be Skittles, and stuff like that. Glad you're getting the stitches out today.

Thank you everyone who commented on the cuteness of my Caylin! She sure had a good time!!

Today I'm going to the bank for some travelers checks and need to do some other trip-related errands. I'm getting so excited about the whole thing!

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:32 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Morning Ladies~

Susan~I am so very HAPPY and EXCITED for you! So does this sweetie have a name??? Or do we call him Hilo/Hawaii man? Yeppers, as Jane said Nov. 2 will be here before you know it. I hope it all works out for you and him, you both deserve to be happy.

Marti~3 bags of candy! girly! We bought two of the big bags at SAMS a couple of weeks ago and I am happy to say they are unopened. I put them in the closet for Halloween. This will be the first year in the last three that we actually will have kids and I look forward to that. I love to see the little ones dressed up-even thought about dressing up myself to give the candy out-maybe a witch!

Sue~WTG on the walking. I need to get back in the habit of walking again, just can't seem to get motivated.

Angie~you want to come and clean my house? I get so tired of doing it. Been meaning to call someone and get an estimate on cleaning it twice a month-really good. Your soup sounds good, so good it is making me want to fix soup for dinner. Would have to go to the store though-don't have any fixin's for soup. I made chili Friday because it was cold in the morning but it warmed up by mid-afternoon. But today is perfect chili/soup weather.

Jane~oh, I can only imagine how excited you all are. I get excited when going on vacation but then as it nears I get so stressed with all that has to be done. Sounds like you are doing fine with the stress level of all that needs to be done. I had to go check out the Pop Century and must say it looks like a fun place to stay-so cool! I love the shape of the pool!

Hi to everyone else, Kathy, Katy, Katie, Jen, Julie, Shanna, Mindee, and anyone I may have forgotten.

Nothing on the agenda for me today. Had to go to the Post Office this morning and need to get some laundry done and a little straightening of the house. I get so bored with cleaning I tend to not do it or I get started and don't quite finish here lately. Just a half-a$$ed attempt, but it looks decent so...I have discussed it with V about having someone come in once or twice a month to do a real good cleaning. He thinks it would be fine, just haven't gotten around to calling to get some estimates. Don't want to do it if it costs too much. I have been cleaning house soooooo long I really am tired of it, but hate having a dirty house. Speaking of dirty houses...has anyone seen that show on Lifetime at 10 pm-can't remember the name of it. Two british ladies going to these filthy houses and cleaning them-just watched it last night. Anyway...I can not ever imagine living in the filth these people live in-it really is horrible-it's worse that horrible! About DS finding a truck, well...he did find one that he likes and is supposed to go look at another. The one he found they didn't do financing there so we would have to go to our bank which is not a problem. It is a nice looking Chevy or GMC-we looked at so many. A '99 and in very good condition, priced right and ran good. Had new tires also. So he just needs to take time off from work and go get a loan if he decides that is the one he wants. This place around the corner from us has another dealership in another town and they are supposed to be bringing a truck over from there to here so he can see if he likes it. She took him inside to look online at their other dealership. So he will go see that and then decide I guess. It was the same year but $1000 less but he wants to drive it and see it in person. Well...on with the day ladies. Hope everyone has a great one!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:11 PM   #35  
kitty Momo

Morning

Put my week vacation in the morning!!! I had exactly 40 hours- going from the 2nd to the 8th- using Saturday and Sunday for extra days.....

I have never even been on a plane. I just couldn't believe this man was buying me a ticket. He just said if nothing else it is a thank you for all the post that I have written in the past 16 months - that he has enjoyed so much- that he will be thrilled to just meet me and spend time with me......*sigh*.....and of course he loves me ...lol......and his name is Rocky- and he is sooooooo loving and kind and,........going to be soooooo busy getting ready.
Everything is working out so great so far....and he has these little frogs that chirp outside his window....and he is in Hilo.....and he said the other side of the island was the busy side........I go "whats in the middle??"......2 volcano's.....lol.........going to be sooooo fun!!

Gotta go..........sorry-will find time later on
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 05:15 PM   #36  
Closed

HELLO EVERYONE
I just wanted to check in and say hello and see how everyone is doing today ,I won't stay to long right now ,I am having a bad day ,the diet didn't go well today ,makes me feel even worse and the cycle goes round.I'm not looking for sympathy ,oh maybe a little, don't mind me .I hope all you girls are having a great day and I'll talk later when I'm not so glum. * GRUMPY ELLEN *
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 05:58 PM   #37  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick check in as I wanted to say how nice it was to talk with Miss Jane this afternoon. I very much enjoyed our visit and look forward to the next time.

Ellen~so sorry to hear you are not feeling so great today (((((HUGS))))) to you sweetie. Sometimes it is a good thing to share and come here to talk, I know it helps me.

Susan~I am jealous girly. First Angie going off to Cuba, then Jane off to Disneyworld this week and now you off to Hawaii, waaaaaahhhhh, I want to go. LOL Would love to visit HI some day, not sure I ever will as I don't care for flying. Make sure and send me a post card from there you hear and don't get over there and forget about us. And the count down begins...

I may be going to Phoenix next month, just not sure. My dear friend wants me and DD to come and visit and she is going to pay our airfare which I told her no, that is not necessary. She has a mind of her own of course and refuses to listen. The only thing is I don't want to fly, not at all. I would rather drive but Nov. really isn't a good time to go for me, but for her it is as she is rather busy with her business and it's either then or next summer. I haven't seen her since leaving CA in '94 and I really miss them. It wouldn't be at Thanksgiving, either two weeks before or the week before. What to do, what to do?

Anyway...HI everyone See ya later.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:07 PM   #38  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Marti, just dress her up all in black...put some curlers in her hair then once her hair is all curled,,,tease it to stand up on ned almost,,,and if you could find black and white hair spray to make her all wild,,,if not just spray with normal hairspray. She needs a cape, powder up hre face to give her a pallor, then either blood red lips or black,,,her choice...lol
Jane,,,how many more sleeps? Why not take a writing class? I took a children's story book class years ago and had a blast.
Susan, ooooo that is sooo cool. Monte and I are making plans for our next trip being in Hawaii.
Cristi, I felt so much better geting my office organized,,,Tax time won't feel like the nightmare it normally is.

Slept in this morning so off to school I ran with soppy wet hair,,,hate sleeping in. Then of all the nerve, I had a mom call in and ask for an interview with her daughter's teacher...sure I say whats the teachers name? I don't know can't you look in her file...ahhh no Im a volunteer and if you hold a moment I can go and ask the secretary which class shes in,,,she got all ticked off and hung up on me for making her wait! Im like listen you pathetic excuse for a parent if you don't know what your child's teacher's name don't make that my problem. %$^@#$ But of course I didnt',,,but it did run throw my head...lol
Well better get my soup on....
talk with you all later
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #39  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Cristi, GO! thats what you gotta do...and enjoy it or else....lol
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:49 PM   #40  

Well, Im jealous. everybody is going on vacation!!!!!

Im having a really rotten day today, I got my mortgage statement and the house taxes have gone up so much this past year, starting next month my mortgage is going up $280.00 a month......YUCK!!!!! Needless to say that really made my day, if anything it lit a fire underneath me to hurry up and finish school so that I can get my degree and starting making good money...Then I wont have to worry about all these bills!!!

ON the friend topic, when I got in last night, DBF told me that he spoke with them and they are thinking, NOW, of asking us to be godparents?????UMMM, hello, sounds like someone is embarassed about the lecture they got and is trying to act like we're important now???? I was sickened by it, anything is better to them then having to apoloize and admit they were wrong!!! MIND you, kids #1 and #2, have never been baptized, but they want to start asking for godparent son kid #3???? HAHAHA
Well its off to bed early for me tonight, I'll check in with you all tomorrow

Hello to, Jen, Jane, Marti, Shanna, Cristina, Angie, Sue, Susan, Ellen, Kathy, RosieKate and Mindee!!!!! And anyone else I missed

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:24 PM   #41  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Today was uneventful other than going to get my stitches out and stopping by the grocery store. I did some dusting and picking up around the house, but nothing too taxing.
Talked to both of my DD's and found that the CA family all has colds and the IN family seems to be okay. My DD here is having a rough time right now as she bought the business she had worked for and it is taking lots of hours to get it all set up the way she wants and to keep up with the work load. DD in CA has a new job interview which will pay quite a lot more than she makes now...keep your fingers crossed, as a single mom she needs the income right now. DS has been studying night and day for his baby bar exam. Not to mention trying to keep up with HIS business as well.
I guess I need you to say a prayer for all of my kids right now. They are my heart and soul and I want to see them succeed. (don't we all wish that for our young'uns?)

Nothing on for tomorrow, so I will pop in and do individuals. May make chat.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:59 AM   #42  
Closed

Hi Ladies :WAVE:
I just read this on a card ." You know you've had a bad day when you have gained two pounds and you haven't eaten anything." LOL anyone have those days
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:08 AM   #43  
GmaTo8

Happy Wednesday, Ladies,

Marti - you and I were posting at the same time yesterday! Hope you do get some cute winter outfits. Lots of them! There are so many adorable sweaters out there......

Cristi - I can't tell you how much I enjoyed our (lengthy!) conversation! I feel like I know you even better than before! Hope your DS likes the truck the dealership brings in. Flying is not bad at all. If you think about all the thousands of planes that take off and land safely everyday, that can maybe make you feel better. Aww, the only trick or treaters I get way out here is my DGDs. But oh how I love to see them!

Susan - read what I told Cristi in the above paragraph about flying, ok? Once you get in the air, it's like sitting on your couch or something. During take-off and landing, turn the air on, pointing directly towards your face and that will help prevent ear popping. I know 2 Rocky's personally and they are both sweethearts! I am so excited for you!!!!

Ellen - oh hon, we've all had those days where we overeat. What triggered it? If you can pin-point that, you can help prevent another episode. Regardless, we're here for you, ok?

Angie - it's 2 more sleeps until I get my mouse on, lol!!!! I know some dads who wouldn't know their kids' teachers names, but a MOM?? Somehow that seems much worse.

Julie - sure, you can be the Godparents, then they will have a good reason to ask you to host the birthday parties, bake the BD cake, be a free babysitter even more, lol. But maybe, this is their way of opening their eyes and trying real hard to not lose good friends like you and DBF. I would like to think it is this last reason.

Sue - glad the pesky stitches are out. I'll say a prayer for your kids, hon. Yes, mine are my heart and soul, too, and I know exactly how you feel. That can be said for all of us moms here. Did you get the much-needed rain like we did? No rain at all in Sept. was awful!

Hi to all the others.

Mary and I are taking her 3 and going to visit my sister who is babysitting her twin grandson and granddaughter. They are 8 months old. Won't that be fun?? I have to get my carpets swept first. Somebody around here has been dragging in wet leaves on their shoes!!

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:35 AM   #44  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone--

Jane--Hi, I didn't even see that you had posted after me yesterday.....I got on and quickly had to get off line and get moving. I'm terrible in the mornings. How did I ever make it to work on time? So are you leaving this Friday? Oh....I'm just jumping up w/excitment for you! You're going to have so much fun. And while your family is in the air on the plane...I will pray that you all fly and land safely to and from Disney World. Can't wait to see photos! Make sure you get one w/you all wearing your mouse ears!

Cristina--I've see parts of that show you mentioned and I'm like you, I can't see how your house can get that filthy! Although I have seen my ex's friends family's home and OMG! They had garbage everywhere! Diapers that were from when the baby was born and he was walking already. Just plain nasty. (I scrubbed myself clean when I got home!) As for your friend in Phoenix...I say go! It's been 10yrs, and your friend is helping by getting the ticket for you (you can reimburse her by taking her out and doing things when you get there) I have no idea about flying...but if there is some way to go see her....maybe a train? I would go. And enjoy yourself while you do. Then you can add to the long list of people taking off for vacation!

Angie--That's pretty much what we had in mind for her hair. I guess her best friends mom is making her outfit. So that was nice to hear! She's really excited. Her friend is having a party the weekend before Halloween since he will be going to New York with his family during Halloween weekend. I still want to do something w/James. Go out....maybe even dress up! Who know.....

Ellen--Sorry you're feeling down....coming here and just talking does help. And as you get used to us more, you'll find it easier to pop on here and let it all out. Hugs to you!

Sue--Glad your stitches are out. I will send prayers for your kids. Even though Jhanai is only 10.....I feel that way about her too. Just as Jane said....any mother here does.

Susan--I'm excited still that you're going to go see Rocky and meet him, possibly have him sing to you. How romantic. And I think that it's all going to be good. I know postcards are probably the last thing that's going to be on your mind...but if you do get a chance, I would like to get one from you too! Oh Susan....I'm bouncin around here for you! I feel like your girls best girl friends in junior high and you just had a boy smile at you! You getting to go to Hawaii, Jane to Florida, Katie just got back from Disneyland, Angie from Cuba!......Where should I go?

Julie--Wish I knew how to help with your friends. I can see how frustrated you must feel about it all. I would seriously have a sit down talk with her and lay it all out and see what she says. I think Jane is right, that may have been an effort to not lose you as a friend. Hope everything starts getting better for you.

Morning to the rest of you out there. I hope I haven't missed anyone. I need to go dry my hair and eat some breakfast. I'm so tired this morning. Trying to wake up! I have to do my enrollment today at work for benefits....I guess if you get this done within a certain time...they have prizes...the first time limit was a Digital Camera (I have one) the second one is a GameCube (Jhanai has one) and the third one is a Smoothie maker (don't have that! I could go for something like that)
Ok ladies....I best be getting ready. You all have a great Wednesday!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:49 AM   #45  
RosieKate

Everyone has been busy!

I've been working on my class and trying to manage a very painful shoulder. PT yesterday really did a number on me, but today I can raise my arm over my head.. A good thing

I have time for a few individuals, then we are off for our morning walk...
Jane - have a great time in Disneyland -
Susan - Hilo/Hawaii -man ( sorry you mentioned his name but I can't remember) sounds wonderful - I'm a sucker for a man who sings to me - so romantic.

Marti - Hey don't shell out for a poncho - I made one for Leigh in a week -they are easy and super cheap. If you send me the yarn, I'll make one for Jhanai..here's the basic pattern of the one I made. I used different colors and added fringe, and made it shorter to fit Leigh
http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/lio...hs-poncho.html

Julie - yikes - sorry 'bout those nasty taxes. Sounds like you have an escrow account. If you have more that 20% equity in your home and you are carrying PMI - get rid of it now! When we dropped PMI, we got rid of the escrow account and it saved us 100 bucks a month or thereabouts.(combination of PMI and the cushion) 'course we have to be disciplined and set aside our property taxes, but we do ok there. Did you know that escrow companies by law require a cushion? Nice part about dumping escrow was that we got the balance of that cushion back.
I'm such a little money nerd...since I'm the SAH-person, I have become the family CFO - takes some pressure of of DH who works very hard.

Cristina - I don't have cable, but I checked out the website for that filthy house show - yuck! Then again - some of the house on Queer Eye for the Straight guy were pretty bad, too! I saw some of those episodes at my mom's - I love that show! Seems like the men who get worked on really come away genuinely improved - not just with a clean house and new wardrobe. BTW - Go on your trip - you'll have so much fun.....Don't have much advice on the plane thing as I never fly anywhere myself. Not because of fear, just haven't gone anywhere that far away in a good while.

Ellen - Hope you are feeling better today... sure can relate. This is a good place to come and get cheered up I've had those two-pound days myself.

Angie - believe me, I've seen worse from parents. I had a student who was really disturbed and the parents would take no responsibility. The mom would tell me everything I wanted to hear, but did nothing at home, skipped out on all her conferences. Whenever the kid would be so bad that the principal would send him home, she would pick him up and take him to the therapist ( whose advice they would ignore) and bring the kid back the next day and say "There! Fixed" Yeah right. I think you are great to give your time to your kid's school - I volunteer at both my kids schools and I just love it.

Ok, I know i'm missing someone - so Have a great day to anyone I missed. I need to get moving. I put some new wheels on the jogging stroller and it's a sunny day so I need to get my exercise....now, to convince my DD she needs some clothes. she's becoming quite the au natural woman, lol! Helps alot with potty training - doesn't help so much when we need to leave the house - " can't go to preschool nekky sweetie! Sweetie? Come back here"

Ciao
Katy