View Poll Results: What Do You Do With Clothes That No Longer Fit You?
Give Them To Family/Friends 0 0%
Give Them To Goodwill/Etc. 5 50.00%
Tuck Them Away-What If I Gain? 4 40.00%
Keep Them In My Closet To Remind Myself Of My Loss 1 10.00%
All My Clothes Fit 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 11:48 AM   #16  

Dee!! We were posting at the same time!! I'm so glad to hear you say you're walking some! That's such an improvement over how you were doing 6 months ago--even 6 weeks ago! I'm so proud!!!

Well, I didn't win the lottery. Dang it. But maybe I'll buy a ticket for the next drawing. Now the jackpot is up to 215 million. I swear--WHAT would a person do with that much money? Hmmmm.....Guess I'd like to find out.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:54 AM   #17  

Dee, I'm so glad you are getting some relief even if it is just a small amount. Hopefully each day will get better and better. I never realized your hair was sooooooo long. I bet it really feels different to have it cut that much, but I'm sure it looks beautiful. Let everyone else do the cooking for Thanksgiving and just let them pamper you. Glad Dez will be home to see you. Enjoy that massage!!

Cheryl.....{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 10-07-2004, 01:03 PM   #18  

Cheryl to bad you didn't win the lottery.....I was dreaming about that cruise! When you are ready to lose weight we will be there for you.

Ramona Larry likes long hair but not that long. My hair is a few inches longer than yours in your picture. It does feel lighter. So much easier to wash. I was having a hard time putting the towel on my head after I washed my hair. I can't bend over like that so now it is easier. Have a good day.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:09 PM   #19  

I read this today on Julia Havey's website and thought I would share it.

TEN KEYS TO A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE

1. HAVE A DAILY PLAN

2. HAVE WRITTEN GOALS

3. DECIDE ON A PLAN OF ACTION THAT WILL MOVE YOU CLOSER TO YOUR LONG-TERM GOALS.

4. DON'T LOOK BACK TO WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN, ONLY TO WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.

5. LEAVE EXCUSES BEHIND

6. TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY. ULTIMATELY, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

7. BE AWARE OF PEOPLE AND THINGS THAT DIVERT YOUR ATTENTION FROM YOUR GOALS.

8. DECIDE WHERE YOU WANT TO BE 20 YEARS FROM NOW.

9. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE.

10. LEARN TO LOVE EXERCISE!

AND A BONUS KEY: BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF MORE THAN WHAT AND WHO YOU ARE NOW. YOUR POTENTIAL IS LIMITLESS!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #20  
Losing it!

WOW! I leave for the day and you guys go crazy posting messages! What a nice surprise!!!!

Ramona~~~YIPPEEEEEEE on the weight loss! YOU CAN DO IT! Steve drives me nuts when we diet together. I end up counting his calories and measuring his portions too. Then around 8:00 in the evening he caves and nothing is safe in the kitchen. I need to have an extra dose of self control then so I won't cave too.

Cheryl~~~You sound alot like how I feel now. I want to lose weight, but I guess it's not my top priority right now. I will keep my bags packed for when you WIN the big money!!!

Dee~~~Did you donate your hair for wigs? I'm so happy your starting to sound like the old Dee we all know and love.

Shelley~~~You mentioned before that Mike cooks the meals. What kind of meals do you eat to keep within your weight range? Just curious if you guys low carb, use portion control or count calories at mealtime.

Again, it was soooooooooooo nice to come here today and see all of the activity and motivation!!!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:28 PM   #21  

Friends....Friends....Friends.....what i posted was not an intent to make anyone feel like they have said anything wrong, besides it wasn't my friends here but somewhere on the board someone sent me an email and said zip it over some little tid bit of advice i responded too. Which in turn i got offended and thought i will just not post anywhere for awhile and that is where my post came in.

Knowing my friends here i would definitely let you know if it was one of you b/c i feel that we can be honest with one another....May not like what is said at the time but usually we can talk it out and get on to better things.

So please no one think or go over posts here at this board b/c it is not necessary.

Love you all

Vicki ....----unformerly known as vickster
Old 10-08-2004, 05:49 AM   #22  

Whew!! Vicki! I'm so glad it wasn't something that happened here. Plus it is true--if we get offended, we do tell everyone and in the end it seems to get worked out. Like I said before, on the other boards people can get really mean.

Gayle-Mike normally makes things that have no added fat or salt for us. He sometimes makes things that do have fat, but he will then make something else that I can eat also. For instance, when he makes macaroni and cheese for him and Patty as a side dish for pork steaks, he will makes peas, rice, and mushrooms for me and Becky. He never adds salt to anything. They have to add the salt themselves if they want it. Veggies are steamed with no added butter. Butter is always added on individual plates if they want it. He mainly makes chicken, pork, pot roast, steak, whatever as low fat and low cal as possible. I don't count carbs, neither does Becky. Right now I am eating too much candy corn, though! That's been my only downfall this week!

Dee-You are beginning to sound so much better. I had no idea that your hair was so long. I have had a chest cold, so I haven't run since Tuesday. The weather is starting to get cooler! We are having a cold front---highs are 87 and 88, lows are 67-68. It will be nice tomorrow morning when I run. I can't wait for you to join me at the exercise thread!

Cheryl-I am not very motivated for this week for some reason. I think it's all the candy in the stores, plus I am still depressed about our money situation. We will all get back OP when the time is right for us!

Ramona-You have the most exciting job of anyone that I know. You must really enjoy going to work everyday, since you never know what situation is going to arise. Have you heard from the boys?

Sherry-Still traveling between 2 schools? That must be very rough on you.

Debbie-Where are you?? How is school going?

Carol-Are you doing better?

Jennelle-Miss your posts! Did I miss anyone? If I did, please know that it is just these tired old brains. Love to all!
Old 10-08-2004, 09:43 AM   #23  

Shelley, I will admit it is a new world everyday. There are so many things that happen out there that I never knew about. There is a whole other sub-culture that most of us "normal" people never see. Right now we are working on setting up a computer system with a voice synthsizer that will trap computer predators. I'm really excited about catching some of these perverts!
I have actually talked to Daniel twice this week. He has really needed to connect with all of us at home as the last week has been extemely difficult. He saw a man catch on fire and burn up and then they had two members of his unit who were killed this past Sunday. He is leaving tonight to go on a raid of a village looking for IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices). Makes me very, very nervous. Ben is fine. He will be leaving soon for his school in San Antonio. He will be there until December. I think Rick will fly down there and spend Thanksgiving with him, but I'll stay home because I don't want to leave my dad alone during his first holiday without my mom.

The Captain is calling me, talk to you all later......
Old 10-08-2004, 10:05 AM   #24  
Losing it!

Ramona, I'm glad to hear Dan is safe. I'm sure we can't even begin ti imagine what Dan and the others have seen or been through. I think it is great you decided to stay with your dad over the Thanksgiving holiday! this will be a rough year for all of your family, know you guys are in my prayers.

Shelley, thanks for the info! Now, if only I could get Steve to cook!

Vickster, stay away from those other boards and post here... I agree, there is nothing we can't talk out. We started here as a weight loss group and remain here as friends.

Girls, I found some lifestyle change info. It is a diet plan for people who have tried Atkins and find it to restrictive on the fruits/vegetables. It combines The Zone & Sugar Busters, so it allows low carb fruits/veggies. Basically from what I've read so far, lean meats, limited fat, fruits, vegetables, lower carb breads, low sugar, no calories/point counting, just read your labels and stay within the sugar/carb limits.
If you guys want the info, let me know and I will email it to you.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:08 AM   #25  

Gayle, I'd like that info. I'll pm my email address to you.

I probably won't post any next week because I'll be in Branson w/Mom. This is also the week of the state fair here in Arkansas. I'm working the USDA booth four nights. I'm going to try to not pig out there like I usually do!

Cheryl
Old 10-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #26  
Losing it!

Cheryl, just sent you all of the info. If you don't get it, please let me know!!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 01:56 PM   #27  

Gayle, please email it to me also. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2004, 02:13 PM   #28  
Losing it!

Ramona, I just sent you the info too.

I'm going to start following most of her eating suggestions, the difference will be for either lunch or dinner, I will have a healthy choice frozen dinner with a side of veggies or a healthy choice soup with a salad.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:16 PM   #29  
Losing it!

Ramona & Cheryl, also if I want to have rice or pasta, I will have the whole grain.

Sherry, is it ok if I start a daily food log thread?? We did it before, but I'm guilty of not staying up on it. I think I'm starting to get in the "zone" again and maybe it will help to go ahead and list my foods here as I also keep a journal at home.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:21 PM   #30  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi Girls...

I have been reading almost everyday but not posting. My life is busy as usual and seems I am so tired by the time I get home everyday. Eating like crazy this last week, so that doesn't help anything.
I glad everyone is doing Ok.

Dee...So glad you are doing better.
Gayle...Please email me the new plan. Adkins is so hard for me now...even though I am an expert on it...LOL.
Sherry...Let's plan something fun soon, I sure need it!!

Love to all my Floozie friends.....deb
Closed Thread