Old 10-18-2004, 09:50 AM   #46  
Super Star

Hi ladies
Todya I finally got onot the forum..anytime I log on here..my puter freezes and I have to re-start..so have tried at least once a day...was not bailing on you!!

RAVEN..i know Donna had a wonderful time meeting..you I was wiht you in spirit and I hope the two dasy were everything yu wanted it tobe. I am reallly thinking your sould was super charged over the weekend!

Jolly what is your dad doing..where is he living...how is he doing?

Lucky you sweet thng..always pm's me to see if I am ok..I am so blessed for your attetnion..thank you. Hoping that super special lucky charm kicks in for your offer!!!

Happy I would love to move to memphis..I think it would really exciting place..but I know moving is hard...have done it a lot. Am thinking of you!

Linda you do a ton already but yes sometimes the puter gets in my way..i just read the journals for hours!

reballoon..i did not realize that you were in Japan..very cool..i bet you have somethng super awesome happen to you every day.

chachee..am thinking of you..i really think you attitude iw shat we all shold adopt..especially me..sometimes you just have to leave it up to the powers that be.

I think I got everyone..no exercsie for two days..kids home for a day off..get thee to the gym

Love and miss you all!!
TallTracy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #47  
Super Star

ok..now thanks to dear sweet ravne..i am on...lol an where is everyone.....

Well hope you all have a grat day.

Saw my Bette davis quote in the new MORE magazine..I was hey...cool

I did get myself to the gym hoping for day two!

Tracy
Old 10-19-2004, 08:59 AM   #48  
Super Star

crud..i have three band aids on my fingers from scrubbing my whole kitchen this am wiht bleach..They are super cracked and bleeding.

Sorry RAVEN for the typo..I am always REALLY bad...but shoot..

hey getting lots of things done...am I!!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:04 AM   #49  
Student of the Hoof

Good morning!!!

I have such fantastic news! I know only a few in here will really understand the import of this, but.... *drum roll*

Valeska rode Shadow last night! SHE RODE HER!!! Ok, it was bareback and at a walk and for only about 5 minutes. BUT!! None of that horrible fetlock instability! NONE!! We kept the boots on for added support, just in case. I think, I really do now, that it was a twisted joint, the suspensory ligaments were stressed, and they're healing slowly. WOO!! We still have to deal with the arthritis, I know that. But that's NOTHING compared to what we were all afraid it was going to be. If it were the ligaments breaking down, we'd never see any improvement, only disintigration. So.. hallelujah! More horsie goodness... Eve's hooves are growing out and getting much less sensitive. Arashi seems to be getting over his lameness issue. We ground worked all three of them last night, then Valeska rode Shadow, and wow... what a great night!! I truly believe that as long as we give Shadow time, she'll be rideable at a trot again. And who knows, maybe even a canter? I can't help but think that as we develop her collection and strengthen up that topline and those butt muscles that, just like us, it will only help her joints because there will be so much more support there. It was an exciting night.

Another huge plus... the treadmill belt is on!! Ok, I confess, I didn't do it. My ex came over to visit yesterday and Valeska had him do it. Fine with me! Valeska and Ian want to use the treadmill too, so why not?? I need to adjust the belt a bit and lubricate it, then we're ready to roll!

I took chicken out of the freezer to thaw for dinner tonight. Yes, I'm eating leftover pizza for lunch - one thing at a time, ok?

Hopefully my saddle will be here today... UPS says it's supposed to be delivered. I have a covered arena, so the fact that it's pouring is not a big deal. Just dry the horse off first. And my saddle is synthetic, so if it gets wet, who cares!? Wow.

OK .. Tracy .. I am fluent in typonese, so np. Wear gloves when you're using bleach!!! OW! That Aveeno lotion is the absolute best for really badly dried out hands. Congrats on getting to the gym!! I'm so glad you're back and posting! *warm hug*

Jolly - How incredibly cool that you can sit and talk with your Dad now. That's just ... so very good. I really hope you two can continue to build on that. Hey.. I'm going to be hitting that treadmill soon, and after that I'll be slowly adding in weights again. I really need to start with the Pilates, too. That helped SO much. We can compare lifting notes!

Ok .. guess I'd better get some work done. *nose wrinkle*
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:18 PM   #50  

Hey all. Raven, that is great that your saddle is coming and your treadmill is fixed. Hurrah. Tracy, my dad is at the VA, and doing much better. And going to a farm supply store and getting "Udder Balm" for cows works wonders on chapped hands too.

I did a spin class today. I had missed last week, so really felt it. I go see my pony tonight too.

Have a good day all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:30 AM   #51  
Student of the Hoof

Good morning ladies!

Ok. No, I did not adjust the treadmill last night. I had to go try the saddle on my horse. It was pouring rain, so I figured I'd just plop the saddle on to see if it was a fit, then we'd bug out. But .. I have a covered arena with this place. *blink* How could I POSSIBLY see my horse standing there all saddled and ready to go without riding him??? Not possible. So on with the bridle, on with my helmet, and up I go. Oops, except the stirrups are too long. Down, shorten the stirrups. Try again. Still too long. Thank goodness I have been working on Arashi with standing still for me. Adjust, up again, still too long!??? Holy cow I'm a shrimp! Adjust all the way to the freaking top hole. Up again. OK! Almost too long, but rideable. I'm going to have to burn another hole in the latigo. And off we go! At a walk. Because it's been a long time, and I don't want to come off my horse again. I have to say, that Wintec Western has got to be THE most comfortable saddle in which I have EVER placed my rear. Wow. And today, just those few times up and down made my butt slightly sore. Yep, that's embarrassing. What more of an indicator do I need that I'M GETTING MORE AND MORE OUT OF SHAPE!!!! Blah.

At least I did cook dinner last night, and I'm cooking again today. Steps in the right direction.

Jolly - Good idea on the udder balm. That stuff works miracles. I'd forgotten about it. And good for you for getting to the spin class! I hope your ride with Chance went well last night! He's such a beautiful boy.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:36 AM   #52  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies,

A little MIA here, but please forgive me. I've been really stressed, as you all probably know, but I tried to destress this weekend. I did a lot of sewing and crafts. I also did some bargain hunting shopping. Anyone that hears me say "I need to get some more fabric" has an open invite to smack me upside the head! I am so well stocked that I can't even close the lid on my 5 gallon container. I even did about 12 pillows and 10 blankets this weekend and it still won't close! Ugh!

Interesting news on my end of the swamp--I had a job interview yesterday. I did pretty well, but don't know how it really went. Who ever knows? It's a very interesting job investigating for Children's Protective Services. I'd work mostly out of the home and do home visits and go to court. It's very scary because it's so far out of my comfort zone, but I need to do something. My mental health with my current job is slipping away so quickly! It's horrible and I need to get out. I did have a long good talk with a friend of mine who is a supervisor in a Lab. He said the minute a job comes open I'm at the top of his list. I hate to leave my current job, because it's a nice cozy office and a nice air conditioned building, and right across the street from my house, but I need to do something.

Raven: Wow, the horse situation sounds good. Glad you like your new saddle, Shrimp! Glad you had a good time last weekend. Geez, this month is flying by me!

Happy: Not until January, huh? That's good news so you don't have to rush around packing up your house. I've taken back up the good diet fight. I'm not 100% at this point, but hovering around 80%!

Linda: I'm not posting on that challenge thread anymore. Sugar Cane really angered me and I'm not going to be part of that. I don't need a mother, thank you, I already had one. What is it with how obsessive she was about the PM's? No thank you very much. Sorry you gained back a pound. It's hard, huh? I'm up a little, but it's coming back off me.

Red: Hello, come back soon!

Tracy: I am leaving the job situation up to the Big Man. I know he knows what is right and will lead me the right direction.

Did anyone else watch "The Biggest Loser" last night? I gotta keep watching that show. I picked up a few good exercies from it. I don't like that Maurice guy--the one who weighs 436.

Alright, have a great Wednesday!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:24 PM   #53  
Student of the Hoof

A very quick post to shout out to Red -

Red - I know you can't log on often, but if you can, let us know how you're doing after the typhoon, please? You and Masae, both. I worry. *warm hug*
Old 10-22-2004, 12:34 AM   #54  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies.

Quiet around here today.

Well our hopefully new house gets appraised tomorrow and as long as the appraisal comes out to what they are asking for it then it will be all ours. It has been a stressful few weeks waiting for all of this to become finalized.

Chachee good luck on getting a new job. My fingers are crossed for you.

Red hope that you are ok. Big hugs to you.

Happy how is everything going? Have you started packing yet?

Jolly are you still playing racquetball? That is so great about you and your dad. When are you going to see your friend?

Linda how are you doing? Are you settling back in to your flex plan?

Tracy how are you doing? How are the kids? How often do you get to go to the gym?

Raven that is so great about Shadow. How is it going having the ex so close? That is good that he fixed the treadmill for you. I sure hope that he is spending some quality time with the kids.

Well I must run, trying to get the little guy to go to sleep, but it isn't working.

Hugs to everyone
Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:19 AM   #55  

Hi guys, sorry I've been absent for awhile. I'm a bit overwhelmed with tasks lately and have allowed e-mail and all kind of things to get in the way of some valuable "me" time.
First, I am "settled" back into flex points, however, went on a wild binge with doughnut holes yesterday. Don't know what came over me.... but I lost control, bought them and now at least they are temporarily out of my system? Sadly, I have no remorse today, either, just thinking of how good they were. Bad girl!
Sometimes I am in such great control and other times I can't deal.
Chach, I think you took Sugar Cane the wrong way. She started that challenge and asked for people to PM her so she can tabulate on post results. It seemed important to her to make a post at the end where she would tabulate everyone's results. Maybe she's a statistical type of person? I didn't "need" to have her monitoring me, either, but recognize that she wanted to make some kind of "ta da" post at the end showing that we all accomplished something. She's really ok, and I've chatted with her on another thread for months now. But, if that part of the challenge bothers you, we all know there are plenty of them on this web site for which you might be more well suited.
Happy, this must be such a tiring time for you. Yet, I am envious as I would just LOVE to move again. The stress and work involved is not something I look forward to, but I'd love to get out of this place and move out into the woods again. We're on a busy street and hearing cars go by night and day wears upon me. We even bought a nature sounds machine so we hear the repetitive sounds of falling rain vs. the cars. It helps a little. Now that it's cooler out and not motorcycle season, it's a bit better anyway.
Lucky, I have a brain like a sieve... can you refresh me on where this new house is, when you will officially move and what kind of place it will be for you?
Raven, I am glad that your X and you are on friendly terms. That helps when there are kids involved. Hope that all works out for you!
This morning, I vow to do an especially good workout and treadmill routine to work of those doughnuts. Today is another day.
Red, speaking of being "out" of challenges, as Chach has bowed out of the other one, I think I am going to bow out of the 10 day thing. I think it's causing me to be depressed when I can't seem to get through 10 straight days all the time. Maybe it's my lack of committment that has me depressed vs. the challenge?
I really need to sort out my priorities, is it doughnuts and chocolate or is it getting this weight off me for good? Hmmm.....
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:52 AM   #56  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies!

I'm so glad it's Friday. Long week. Haven't heard from the place about the job, but it usually takes a couple of weeks with an agency to get everything figured out. I'm not worried if I don't get it, because I have a good job. I just need to stick to my desk, not let the other gossips and complainers get to me!

Lucky: Good luck with the appraisal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you also!

Linda: Maybe she meant it another way, but it really struck me wrong. Plus, I'm posting on two other threads, so I need to cut back anyway. A good enough challenge for me right now is to stay on track. I'm glad you are here, though, because I really enjoy your company and posts.

Can you all give me a crafter's intervention? I have barely put up my sewing machine and I started in on my clay ornaments last night. I want to make around 40 for family and friends. I got about 10 done last night. I hope to have those baked and completed by Saturday. Then on Sunday I can finish up the sewing I have pinned and get those gifts in bags. Then next weekend I have to have everything made for the bake sale. Geez loueezzz....can you say OVEREXTENDED???

Well, gotta run. Have a lovely weekend if I don't have a chance to talk to you all before Monday.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:50 PM   #57  

Chach, sounds like you really are way too overextended.... wish I could help!
I have to learn to say NO and it's very hard to do as well.
I think I bit off more than I could chew by volunteering to make quilts for the families of every soldier who died in Iraq that was from NH. Yet, I am doing this and two more passed away (so sadly as they both look like brilliant young men on the tv) just last week. I am feverishly working on all of this and trying not to get overly emotional about it, which is not working right now.
Chach, hope you do get that job. I know exactly what you mean about people being gossips and complainers. I remember that being the worst part about working in an office. Women, in particular, can be SO catty. Do you think they do this as they are jealous or what? I had to laugh this week as our esteemed presidential's candidate's wife was caught being VERY catty, and had to back down and apologize publically for making misstatements about the current first lady. Now, why would this woman have to spout off about that? I laughed, as I know the answer, women (yes, we can as a gender) be so darn catty sometimes.... why is it that some people, in particular women, seem to just have to get their digs in???? She was "caught with her pants down" and I had to laugh.
I also learned the hard way, in an office setting, that people LIE and really do it often, to the destruction of others who get in their way. I hope you can rise above that kind of behavior and not let the other people with their petty things get in the way of your happiness and ultimate success in reaching your goals.
A wise person once told me, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. I find myself wondering why some people just CAN'T do that? Don't they know they are hurting people with their constant complaining and gossip? Something like that can reduce morale and productivity in an office setting. You must be having a very hard time, Chach.
Red seems to have been going through this kind of thing. Guess it doesn't matter where you work, humans are the same wherever....
Well, off to clean the bathrooms, vacume and maybe burn a few calories! At least, for me, as a stay at home mom, my constant companions when the family is off at school or work are the cats and they never have anything "catty" to say, believe it or not!!!
Take care and TGIF!!!!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 03:47 AM   #58  
Super Star

Hye ladies..again..only in the raly am an I get on..I swear dag gum spyware.

Going through a lot gain cannot seem to cathy my blance lately in an emotional sense.

I am thinking of all of you.

You all are such strong and vibrant, complex and super speical women. What you do here is awesome..and am very lucky to know you.

Speaking of luck..luckygirl tried to send you a message my my puter froze up again.

Will try again...

all for now..amy feeling a wee bit low

chat you all soon!

Tracy
Old 10-24-2004, 03:49 AM   #59  
Super Star

sigh sorry..am upset today..cannot even type..even though my fingers are fine..just ignore first one..sorry.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:48 AM   #60  

Hey all. REal quick message, as it is my favorite payroll Monday again. I hope we all get through our personal issues soon. HOuses, moves, jobs, whatever and all that it is. We deserve some good stuff soon.

Have a great day.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote