Old 10-01-2004, 09:55 AM   #1  
Student of the Hoof

Default Rears in Gear for the not so New Year - October

A very quick post this morning, just to get the new month going!

I found the instructions to install the belt. They'd rolled them up in the belt! How weird. ANYway... chickies, this isn't going to be easy! I have to nearly dismantle the treadmill to do this. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't destroy it!

Did horse training last night, had a good time. Found a tremendous bargain last night in the form of a slightly used Wintec Isabell dressage saddle for my daughter. I mean a HUGE bargain. I got this $800+ (new) saddle for $300, and all it needed was a good scrubbing. I cannot tell you how unbelievable thrilled I was to be able to give Valeska that saddle! Now all we need to do is get at least ONE horse sound enough to wear it!! *argh*

I'm looking at making this month count. I am going to work on getting the treadmill running this weekend, and starting up with my running again. Well, ok, walking at first yeah. *icky face* Funny thing is I'm not even so totally obsessed with scale weight as I am with just getting back into the shape I was 3 months ago. I haven't gained much in the way of "weight" but I've lost muscle and gained fat. I'm looking fluffier. Blech.

We have three months left in this year. Where did the time go!?!?!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:06 AM   #2  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Good morning, ladies.

Goals for this month:

1. Remember to take my vitamins each and every day. I'm horrible about this!
2. Follow my WW Flex plan for eating and not go over on points.
3. Exercise 6 times a week, according to my workout schedule.
4. Drop 10 pounds by month's end.

I weighed at home this morning and was at 220.5. I'm up a couple of pounds, but that is to be expected with the crap I've eaten the last three weeks.

Raven: I'm so happy for you and that saddle. What a wonderful find! See, I'm rubbing off on you--bargain shopping and finding great deals.

Red: I'm sorry things are not going well for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Jolly: I have a great feeling about this month!

To everyone else, welcome to October, our best month ever!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chickies -
Linda, that was a great post you had to end the thread. So true about settling in - cripes I do it and I'm not even anywhere NEAR goal. Good words to reinforce good ideas. Thanks for sharing.

It was an incredibly busy week - Thursday was the day the office closed officially so it was a sad week of final lunches and good byes to people I've come to know and like (most of them) for 4 years now. Hard to believe that the finality of it is here. Still haven't heard about the new job but I am getting lots of practice at being patient

Weekends in October are filling up too. I'm going to Texas (yee haw) next weekend for one last get together with the group of people on my team at work. We're all paying our own way and I think it's great that most all of us are coming. I'm sure lots of drinking will be done. I don't really drink anymore but I think it's going to be a mega tempation to smoke weekend even tho no one smokes if that makes any sense at all! Kinda one of those let your hair down and hang loose weekends that just fits with a beer and a smoke! I will be good, I promise.

Raven I hope you figured out how to get the belt on your treadmill. It did not look like it was an easy thing to do but I get the feeling you know your way around a wrench! Nice find on the saddle too!

Jolly - that's fantastic that you are doing racketball now too. And that you even won a game. You sure are trying your hand at lots of different exercises - good for you, what an inspiration.

Chachee, I agree with you with October being our best month ever. I can just feel it! It's been a slump for many of us here and sometimes the best thing about a slump is that all you can do is go back up again! Here's to up, up and away - great, now I'll be singing that song all day

Last week I was in the mood for some cool weather foods so I made a pot of chili, a pot roast and some beef vegetable soup. All I really liked was the soup - everything else was just off for some reason. DH said it was good so he ate it. Maybe I'm just used to the grilled meat/fish, steamed veggie, salad and sliced fresh fruit thing. Although I am looking for hot foods when it's 60 degrees in the house. Back to the soup cookbook I guess.

With supreme effort, the scale is going down again. Down 1-1/2 pounds from last week. But it does take supreme effort. Getting a little cold and windy after work for bike riding - and with sunset at 6:30 that limits our time too so I think I'll be treadmilling a whole lot more.

Got to run now, we're meeting my sister for dinner later today - it's her and BIL's birthdays. And there's laundry and some dusty surfaces calling out to me

to Red, sorry to hear things have taken a nosedive I presume on the job front - don't lose faith completely!

Hellos to everyone else. Here's to a great week for all!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:15 AM   #4  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

I can't believe that we are into October already.

Well I think that we found an acreage finally. There is one more for us to look at, and then we will decide. Hopefully sometime this week we will be in the process of buying one. I have to take Kristi up to the city on Wednesday, as she is getting an MRI on her knees to see why she has been having such trouble with them. We got a great picture of her and Lucky at one of her horse shows, so I will try and post it later today. We have one last horse show of the season coming up at the end of the month. She is looking foreward to that. I am also going to enter Cole in this show also. He loves riding Lucky so there is a leadline under 9 that I will enter him in.

Raven I think that I missed something. What is wrong with Eve and your wonderful horse? I know that Shadow was having some problems, but I didn't know about the other 2. How is everything working out at the new place? Did you get your treadmill fixed? When is Richard's mother coming down?

Jolly how is your weekend going? I hope you are having a nice relaxing weekend even though you are on call. The new puppy that we got is a Jack Russell Terrier/Pomeranian. She is so funny. And she makes strange to new people. I really didn't know that puppies where shy.

Chachee are you back to doing the flex plan, or are you doing the core plan? I was doing a little birthday shopping the other day and I could see you standing there looking at me sticking out your tongue because you are already done your Christmas shopping and I have been thinking of what I should get everyone.
When is your little guys birthday?

Tracy great to see you back. We have missed you. So how is everything? Is your son over his sickness? I hope the rest of your family doesn't get it now.

Red big hugs your way. I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

Linda I enjoyed your force be with you post. Now if only my force would find me I would be doing better. Hope that you are having a good weekend.

Happy hope you are doing ok. Hi to you.

Hippy how are you doing? Pop in and say hi.

Sassy hi to you also. Pop in.

well we are off to the city to go and see my brother in laws new place. I hope that everyone is having a great weekend.

Kathy.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:53 AM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi everyone. Appears to be a little bit of a ghost town here. Gotta love those weekends.

Hubby left yesterday for Nashville. My son and I are on a very good schedule and we get so much done while he is gone. Not that I want him to go, but it's nice to just take care of myself and my son.

I got five blankets and seven pillows cut and pinned last night. Now I just gotta stitch them up, and then I have five more gift sets for birthdays and Christmas.

Happy: First, congrats on your loss on the scales. Second, I'm sorry that your business has closed down. So sad when something finally ends. I hope that one of your job offers comes through for you. How does hubby feel about moving?

Lucky: I didn't know something was wrong with your daughter's knee. I hope everything is okay. I had knee surgery in 2000 and it was very painful. Had a torn miniscus (sp?) and they did it by laster. Day surgery, but man, it was extremely painful and hard to recover from. My thoughts are with you all!

Not much else going on here, yet. I have dentist appointments tomorrow, post-op checkup with surgeon on Thursday, and then hubby is home on Friday. Wow, did I mess up scheduling or what?

Happy Monday

Chach
Old 10-04-2004, 05:02 PM   #6  
Super Star

hey all..have had trouble loggin into the forum. Plus did not get any notices that anyone had posted...sigh...Lucky and HAppy so great to see you too. Chachee how is the hubby? Raven the animals. Jolly the motivation and LInda..everything?? I hope the MRI goes well am thinking of you.

All for now just exercising twice a day and working on my yard...
TallTracy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:51 AM   #7  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello ladies.

Hubby called last night from Nashville. Told me about all the fun he was having. I told him if he wanted a home to come back to he better be quiet! I've not been out of this state for over a year and it's getting to me.

Have my 2 month post-op checkup with the surgeon today. Everything is going well, just one little area of concern, and I am sure he can give some suggestions as to what types of weights exercises I can do to get the skin to snap back. Nothing horrible, just a little annoying.

Not much else is going on. Sewed up one of the blankets last night. Think I'll do the pillows tonight and another blanket. Just wanted to get the laundry and dishes done last night.

Happy Tuesday

Chach
Old 10-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #8  
Choose your hard

Wow Chachee - it's been 2 months already since surgery? time DOES fly, doesn't it? Good to hear that you're healing well. Sorry hubby in having maybe a bit much fun in Nashville - has to be warmer there than up by you. It's hard too when your son is in school - means you can't join the DH for occasional get away weekends to fun places. Hang in there!

Tracy, sometimes I get notices and sometimes I don't when people post. I just got used to flying by here and checking periodically. Although it does seem we are all in a bit of a slump around here lately. You are a maniac in the yard - what great exercise and twice a day to boot! Supah woman, queen of the leaves!

Raven, hope you figured out how to get that new treadmill belt on without too many bumps bruises and

Jolly, hope you're not lying at the bottom of the racketball court.

Lucky, good to hear from you again. Hope all goes well with your daughter's knee. Of all the troublesome body parts that and the back seem to rank rather highly. And she's so young too. Eeek.

Red, thinking of you and sending some good karma that life rights itself for you.

I am still sitting and waiting to see which direction my life will go. I am not a patient person but I am trying very hard.

Cheers all... and keep the faith.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:17 AM   #9  

Hey all. No, not unconscious at the bottom of the racquetball court. Though, I play tonight, so later - who knows? I have just been in a bit of a fog. I know it is that I need to think about the future - both job-wise and self-wise. I have been refusing to do that, and it is affecting me. Why? What am I afraid of? Why am I hiding behind food again? I need an "aha" moment. I need to peel back some more layers and figure out what is behind all this. I am very unhappy right now, and there is no specific reason why. Just feeling not right.

The one bright spot is that by reallocating some debts, I was able to come up with airfare to go see my friend next month. She is shipping out to Iraq early December, so it was very important to me to get to see her. I hate driving. I would have done it if I had no other choice, but I would have hated it.

Anyway. I will try to get on here more, and figure out what isbehind my funk. Hope everyone else has a good day.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #10  
Student of the Hoof

Hey all..

Ian arrived unexpectedly Monday afternoon, so I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. He wasn't supposed to be here till late this week, but his dad changed his mind about going to Louisiana and came straight on in to GA instead. A little warning would have been nice.

Oh, and never mind the fact that the ex arrived with a girlfriend. He had sworn Ian to secrecy, so the whole trip, Ian couldn't say anything to V or I about it. *sigh* So much for the "dad and son only male bonding" trip... it turned into (and I kid you not) a "kick Ian out of the camper so dad can have some private time with his girlfriend" trip. I realize that may not have happened often, but it did happen, and that makes me angry. Great way to start off his new life in GA with his kids, huh?

He's already managed to piss both of the kids off completely by coming on with the "I am the father, you will do what I say" routine. Dip.

I had a really sick horse for a couple days - Eve came down with a lovely horribly snotty cold. The barn owner was losing her mind thinking she had something far worse and I had to get antibiotics into her and panic panic panic. She must have called me 7 times in the space of about 12 hours. Because my horse had a snotty nose. Obviously she's never had kids. I put a call into my idiot vet, and of course he never called back, and by the next day she was doing MUCH better all by herself anyway. Last night she was almost back to normal, but we won't work her at all for a couple weeks just to make sure she's had plenty of time to recover. I do think, though, that by then (barring any other unforeseen disasters) she should be rideable.

Upshot of all of this is I haven't even had time to THINK about putting the belt on the treadmill. Ok... I did read the instructions and heck I needed a stiff drink after just that! Yes, it's intimidating. Valeska is going to see if Brian (her dad) will do it for us. He's inclined like that.

Lucky - Land!? You found land!!??? Woo!! Keep us posted, please?? I hope it's nothing serious with Kristi. Is it one or both knees? Let us know how the MRI goes. Richard's mom has come and gone... all without me seeing her once. That's not a bad thing. My horse ended up straining something the day that the old barn owner decided that he could turn out any horses he pleased with my three, and walk away after a few minutes if they didn't kill each other. Arashi was so focused on "protecting" his food and his mares, poor guy... he couldn't even eat. He either got kicked or wrenched that leg somehow, either by running too hard, stepping in a hole, or aiming a bad kick, it's so hard to know what happened. He's getting better very slowly. I just have to be very patient and not push him. It may be months before I can ride him again. No heat, no swelling... just something in there not as it should be. Eve is just growing out those horrid hooves. Time.. lots of time.

Chachee - You sound a little frustrated, girl. *hug* Do you have the new workout equipment set up yet? How's it going?

Tracy - I wish I had more time to work on my yard, that's something I do miss. Heck, I'm doing good if I can keep the dishes washed.

Happy - I'm thinking of you a lot, and hoping something happens to help you along your way. Staying positive can be tough sometimes, but it seems like you're doing a good job.

Work is kicking my tail, so off I go!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:45 PM   #11  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey all.

Post op went okay. Things look good, except for under the right armpit. He said he wants to see me back in two months for another checkup. If it doesn't pull back in, then we might have to do another day surgery for lypo and/or skin removal. We'll see what happens, but I am going to try so hard to get that skin to come back in on it's own. It's not horrible, but it's not something I'm willing to live with.

Did a couple of pillows last night. Have plans for tonight to visit with a friend at her new house, so son and I will be gone for awhile. I wish I could just go stay at home, but that isn't going to happen.

Raven: I'm glad Ian is home, and sorry things are already starting with Brian. Hope the horsies stay healthy. Universal gym comes next weekend. Did my Taebo tape this morning instead of walking on the treadmill. Love that Billy Blanks!

Happy: Man, it's hard for me to type with my fingers crossed for you! I know the right offer will be made for you soon.

Jolly: I'm so happy you are going to Nashville to see your friend. I know how much it means to you to be able to go and I'm so happy for you!!! All that other stuff will work it's way out.

Back to work for me.

Happy Wednesday.

Chach
Old 10-07-2004, 01:16 AM   #12  
Choose your hard

Hey ladies,

Jolly, I know finances are really tight with you but I'm so glad you were able to swing a trip to visit your friend. I think it will do you both good. I know the place you've been at with the head funk-a-rama. Especially when you can't exactly pin a reason on your discontent. Hope you kick the blues soon.

Chachee, I don't mean to laugh but how do you tighten up your armpits? It reminds me of how we all complain about back fat. Seriously, I'm glad that surgery went well for you and I hope your arm works itself out. How very cool that you are getting a universal gym. You're really getting a nice rounding of equipment there and by gosh woman, you are actually using it! I am so proud of you! Please keep being an inspiration to me.

Raven, geez Louise I am so sorry to hear about your ex bringing along yet a new GF. Somehow I get the impression that just when you think he's getting his act together, he just somehow disapoints. Sorry... I think I'd be a little po'd over telling Ian to take a walk. Practice restraint buddy. Wait, I could do a whole hour on the soapbox so I will stop. Good heavens the poor horsies are sure having a rough year aren't they? I am learning more about horses than I ever knew. Didn't realize they got runny colds just like us. Poor guys and they probably don't like lemon tea with honey either.

Lucky - that's great about the land deal, hope everthing works out for you. Same for you Red, thinking about you and sending you some good thoughts...

As for me. I have a cold. My first in over a year and a half. This does not make me happy as I have to fly to Texas on Friday morning. A bunch of us from our work team are paying our own ways to gather together one last time for a weekend of eating, drinking, laughing and story telling. I will be back Sunday afternoon but I have a flight at the crack of dawn Friday so I'll be getting up at 3am to get ready to leave. I just hope my stuffy head clears by then.

I was also offered a job today. It's with the new company which will mean a move down south to Tennessee - specifically Memphis. This northern "yank" will have to learn how to be a southern belle. We have little details to discuss and I am awaiting some information to review but I told them I'd decide by Monday and most likely I will take the job. DH is very happy, my mum is not and everyone else is somewhere in between. Happy for us but not happy that we will move.

It certainly with be a total life upheaval for us. I am scared but also excited and I think the time is right to at least take a risk and try. We haven't decided on a start date at the new office - new boss is trying to compromise that the sooner the better to start but she also understands that I have lots to do to get my house ready to sell and move myself to a completely new area. I'm sure that will happen before the end of the year, I'm thinking maybe 6 weeks or so.

Which means lots and lots and lots to do. I doubt I will be spending much time on the computer tho I will make an effort to pop in once in a while. This will be my last post until I get back on Sunday afternoon.

Thank you all for the prayers and good wishes and karma and support that you have shown me over the last few weeks. DH said he was SOOOOOO glad this was over with. In all our years together he said he has never seen me so wound up over a job thing. Well that's because it gets harder as the years go by. I am not quite the cocky 30 year old I once was and it's really scary when you feel that you are not exactly in control of your own life anymore no matter how hard you work.

Anyway, I have to run and get to bed. Thanks again ladies. Talk to you on Sunday evening - have a good weekend.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:08 AM   #13  

Hey all. Quick post before off to work. Happy, huge hug and congrats to you on the new job. Wow - Memphis. Warmer for sure. I am very happy for you. Chachee, glad things went well at the doctors. Good luck with your arms. Raven, good luck with the treadmill belt. I am so sorry your ex continues to show is immaturity. The poor kids. I am glad Eve is better too. Lucky, congrats on the land, and good luck with your daughter's knee.

I am off to work. Catch you all later.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:09 AM   #14  
Student of the Hoof

G'morning chicks..

Chachee - I can understand not wanting to live with it, you paid good money to have things come out just right, not just so so. I hope the exercise brings it back in, but if it doesn't, having it tucked just right would be a good thing. Are you ok? You sound really frustrated right now. If you're cranky about being stuck in AK, best to plan a vacation for this winter sometime if you can, or you'll have cabin fever by January SOO bad. Maybe getting the new gym set up and using it will help with some of those feelings?

Happy - YES!!! Woo!! Congrats!!! OMG I know what a wonderful relieved feeling that is to hear those magic words of a job offer! :five: Good for you!! And heeeyyyyyyyy, Memphis. Definitely within driving distance. Awww, but you have a cold. I'll feed you bran mashes and keep you out of the wind. If you're flying, make sure you do the decongestants why am I telling you that you know already. *breathe* I'm a mom, I can't help myself. Yes, I do get that feeling a lot with Brian. Just when you think he's doing something right.... ah well. Hope springs eternal. I hope things go very smoothly on the house selling, moving, etc. Wow. That's awesome. My daughter and I have been tossing around buying land up in Tennessee whenever the finances are there, land is a lot cheaper than it is here in GA.

Jolly - *pokes you on your flyby*

Well - Brian took the kids last night - they went out to the stables to see the horses, then went to eat dinner. Other than getting lost for a few hours, I guess the majority of the time went well. I did have a talk with him about backing off and just getting to know the kids again for a while, maybe some of that sunk in. He didnt' bring the GF, that was a smart move on his part. Maybe he learned from the last time that he can't just expect the kids to want to spend time with her, ****, he can't even expect them to like her, let alone want to be with her... it's HIS GF after all, not theirs.

That was literally the first night in what... 5 years? That I haven't had either kid in the house. It was a *weird* feeling. One or the other may have been gone at some points in time, but never both at the same time. It was nice, but in a vaguely creepy kind of way. Richard and I just spent time hanging out watching Tivo'd CSI shows. *lol* We're boring.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:27 PM   #15  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

We got our pictures back electronically. Let me know if anyone wants to see them, and I'll PM you with the access codes and website.

Chach