Old 09-30-2004, 12:46 PM   #16  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey again...
Got a few minutes before I have to pick Kayla up from school. Just got done with a breathing treatment on Nicole and she's watching Little Bill now.

anyhow..
Spryng-Glad to see your still here. We sure miss you when you're gone. My hand and arm are feeling a little better. It's that stupid rheumatoid arthritis-RA is more of an auto-immune disease. It's been causing swelling in my wrists the last few days. The swelling presses the median nerve in the carpal tunnel and causes all this "great" pain in my hands up to my shoulder. I think I'd rather go through childbirth again without an epidural while being on pitocin... As far as Nicole is concerned, she is having more breathing problems. She was outside playing yesterday in the wind and now she's wheezing and coughing....AGAIN!

Jill-have fun with those 2 little ones. I agree its hard work. I help my sister out by watching her little boy. He's the same age as Nicole. It's enough to make you pull your hair out trying to keep two 2 year olds out of trouble.

Crystal- Congrats on your house. We bought ours a little over a year ago, and ours is 2100 sq. feet. It is so nice to have bedrooms for everyone. And we even had enough room in the lowest level to put in a playroom (can't say the kids use it, but its there)...and God bless the person who put in 2 bathrooms...

Penny-Sorry about your kitty. We had to put our big boy kitty to sleep awhile ago. My dad had him down at his warehouse. He was a real doll. I have 4 cats at home right now. The little meow-meow is in a better place for sure. God has to have a cat heaven somewhere..

Michelle-How was your day with the girls? Hope you had fun.

QOTD from yesterday...I cannot stop at just one piece of cheesecake. And definitely keep me away from gummi peach rings, choc. covered cinnamon bears, and my other bad thing...PRINGLES!

Hi to everyone else. I have to remove my buns from this chair and go get Kayla from school now. Check back later this afternoon.
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 01:55 PM   #17  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Fixing to have lunch myself and start school. Been so busy this morning. Cleaned, rearranged and organized my desk area.

QOTD: Mostly anything sweet. Jill, I've done the chocolate chip thing too. But some things I don't get tempted by and that's what I try to keep in the house for the others.

Jill, we are going to be able to afford it, hopefully, because dh is building it. He's always lived in the construction industry and with him doing almost ALL of the work himself, we're saving big time. 2100 sq. ft. is huge, but with 4 kids and homeschooling and such, we need it.

Hope all is going well. Gotta keep chugging along. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 01:57 PM   #18  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Crystal I think that is so great that you will be able to have a nice house and save money building it too. I think it will be such a nice change to have such a big house when you were used to living in a small one. Great for 4 kids too! Congrats!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:26 PM   #19  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Afternoon Ladies..

Crystal,
I know you are getting excited about the house! Very nice Our home is 1500 something and we could use extra space...lol

Jill,
I hope you have a good class tonight! I didn't ask you .... are they paying you to watch Hunter or is it a friend thing ? I'm being nosey...lol That is so neat that the girls night out will be healthy!!!! YAH!

Chris,
Are you feeling any better?

Cindi!
I am thinking of you! What time is your surgery for? How long will you be down? We will do a different challenge every week so you will be in soon HUGS

Mel,
I am so glad you got your walk in! So did I! YAH I am feeling really good about myself and know I will be able to get those new clothes off layaway before we leave for the trip Call me soon

Kristen,
Are you in on the challenge girly???
Have a good day

To everyone else I send my love HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:31 PM   #20  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey Penny, yes I am being paid. I told them no but they said there is no way they would do it if I didn't accept money. I'm glad I am though cuz now I can save it for Christmas and that will be really cool. It's also nice cuz there are days and weeks that I don't have to do it so it gives me a break so I don't get burnt out. I'm kind of dreading it today though since it is so long. But it's only today so I figure I can deal with it. Glad you are doing so good with the diet. I'm not doing so good today but I will try harder for the rest of the day. Just feel kind of lost since I will have the extra baby and will not get a lot done. Oh well I'll stop whining I guess! LOL TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Ok I'm back! Got most of my housework done. Kitchen is clean, dh's laundry is going... all I have left is the living room and that can wait till later. I've been working on a new crochet project for my cousins baby to be. Now that I know for sure it's a girl I decided on a beautiful purple and white blanket with butterfly motifs on it. It's very cute, I'll have to take a pic of the pattern and post it so you all can see what it will look like when it's done. I've got 4 squares completed so far. So it's coming along nicely. Dinner tonight will be leftover rosemary chicken with beans... I have lots leftover from the other night so I thought I'd just use them. I made some pumpkin fluff to go with it for dessert... mmmm... it's tasty! I wanted to make another crustless pumpkin pie but then when I got everything out I realized I was out of eggs so that threw that idea out the window, lol. So I found another pumpkin recipe and made it instead. It has a can of pumpkin, sf/ff vanilla pudding, ff cool whip, and pumpkin pie seasoning in it and boy does it make alot! So we'll have that after dinner tonight.
The in-laws are starting in on me today. They know how bad dh wants a local job so they are pushing for him to run their dump truck. Which in a perfect world would be nice but that truck wouldn't make enough money to live off of, especially for two families. It's a feast or famine job and they mostly are famined, lol. So anyway, SIL told me today that I could go back to work full time and she'd watch my kids so that dh could quit his job and try his hand at the family business. Hmmmm... wouldn't work. One reason is I don't have much job experiance and I'd need a job that paid much better than minimum wage and that would be hard for me to get right away. I wish I could. And I would need a good paying job because if the dump truck didn't work for many days (or the weather was bad) we would not be able to pay our bills and we are buying a new van and I don't want to lose it for any reason. So yeah, it's something I considered but I have no idea how to do this. Anyway... I hope dh doesn't come home later with any crazy ideas. he's only working for them today because they lame guy they hired had to go to court. So this was a favor to them. When we first moved here DH was suppose to take over the business and that went over like a lead balloon. Before we knew it MIL and FIL would take off in the dump truck to run local loads and such and never even tell dh so that we wouldn't get paid. We would find out by running into someone that knew or running into them in town... I would be furious! Anyway, I could go on and on about what went wrong the first time around and I learned my lesson. Never again! Unless we had some kind of iron clad contract. I want it in writing how much they will pay him each day etc. Before they would pay him what they wanted and it was never the same... drove me nuts. OK, enough about that, lol... I can feel my blood boiling, lol.

Jill, it's nice that you are making some extra money! So glad core is working for you! what does your dh think?

Penny, you sound very busy too! And I'll give you directions to my house anyday! LOL!! Come on over!

Crystal, still waiting on that blue print picture!!! Can't wait to see your new house!

Chris, that sounds so painful! That's kinda like me when I get a ruptured cyst on my ovaries, I'll take childbirth anyday over that, lol. Too painful. Maybe it's because we know childbirth has an end and other pain we have no idea when and if it will end and the pain is constant and not intermittant like labor, hmm... just a thought ,lol.

Cindi, hope your fridge acts normal soon! And I'm so glad your biopsy came back normal! I was thinking about you.

Kristin, how is your day going?

Well I'm off for a short nap. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 04:11 PM   #22  
Walking away the weight

Another flyby by me . . . posting on DH's computer again Still thinking of you gals and missing you.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:05 PM   #23  
**Kristin**

hey its me real quick! I am trying to get the bathrooms cleaned before I go to dinner with a friend!

Melissa - Thanks so much for the chat, I needed it, and it was good to heat your voice! Must do that more often! Hope you find a sitter!

Crystal - that is neat that dh is doing the house himself, good luck with everything!

Spryng - I'm sorry that you are so frusterated! I knwo the feeling when dh quit his job and now works for his dad. They have a different kind of deal going on, but I can relate! My day is going well, thanks for asking! Dinner and dessert sounds good at your house!

Jill - WHEW! You are a busy girl! You should email me your schedule, so we know when you are able to pencil us in! LOL! My day of nothing was wonderful, I got lots done and had a nice time with dd too!

Cindi - way to go on the water!

Penny - I am definately in on the challenge! In fact, with Mel's advice, I might be joining a gym ! So that would be great! Sorry about your kitty

Chris - I hear ya on the pringles girl! LOL!

Leigh - so glad you checked it, we miss you terribly! Get that puter fixed!

Michelle - where are ya girly?

Deana - how is the water going ..I've got about 32 oz down me!

First QOTD: food I can't seem to get away from....regular pop is tough, and also chips! Especially pringles, I have to fight some major temptations to buy those ! LOL!

MY QOTD for today: What is your favorite movie of all time!?!?! Mine would be pretty woman, its such a classic, I can watch it over and over. As of late though, I really enjoyed Paycheck with Ben Affleck! yummy! LOL!
OKay - back to those bathrooms! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:10 PM   #24  
I'm a homeschool mama

QOTD #2: This is tough, but I do love Passion of the Christ. Of course on another level I LOVE Never Been Kissed. But on even a different level, I love The Rock and ConAir. It depends on what mood I'm in I think.
Okay, got all of my filing done, load of laundry in dryer, tea is made and I'll start in the kitchen about 500. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:41 PM   #25  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile my houseplan

I tried to make this small. I reduced it almost as much as I could. Still can't figure that out. ANyways, some of the things will be different, but the basic layout is the same.
I'll get back on later and explain some of it, gotta go cook dinner now.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:44 PM   #26  

Back again! Wow, I bet you all didn't think you'd see so much of me today, lol. DH should be home soon. We already had dinner though. By 4 pm I am starving so I had to get dinner going. It was good. Dh can have some when he gets in.
I guess I missed the QOTD's-
#1- I have a weakness for chocolate and breads... I can easily go overboard on them.
#2- my favorite movie would have to be.... hmmm... there are so many! Like Crystal I have favorites in different categories. I love all the Titanics because I just love the story, I love braveheart (even though I won't watch it anymore because I cry way too hard) Real Genius and Clueless are a couple of my favorite comedies... Serendipity is one of my favorite romance movies.... hm... But then again I love all the Mummy movies and Jurassic Park and horror movies... ok see? I could go on and on, lol. As long as it's not a western or a stupid funny movie I will watch them, lol.
Speaking of movies, we saw quite a few the other day (not all in one day, lol) We rented Jersey Girl and Along Came Polly, The Alamo, Walking Tall and Man on Fire (I had already seen that one but dh hadn't) I thought Along Came Polly was hilarious! Jersey Girl was ok.... The Alamo was pretty good I guess if you like that kind of thing. I hated that they all die. But that is history right? Walking Tall was a typical "Rock" movie (good thing he's so good looking, lol) it was based on a true story but it didn't follow the story line well. And of course I thought Man on Fire was amazing, great movie and Denzel should definitely win something for it. Have you all seen anything lately? The forgotten came out last friday and I want to see it so bad. Guess I have to wait.

Kristin, does your dh and his dad have a written contract? I'm glad that works for them.

Leigh, what is wrong with your computer and when will it be fixed!!!

Ok, guess I'll get off here and do some more crocheting. Wasn't there a couple of other here crocheting too? Crystal, you still doing it?
TTYL!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:48 PM   #27  

Crystal, you snuck in on me! The houseplan looks great from what I can see. Is there a room to the left of the living room? And is it a 3 bedroom or 4? I love the master suite! Great bathroom in there and big closet!! Love that! The kitchen looks nice and spacious too! I'm so envious!!! (in a good way, lol) You deserve this!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:48 PM   #28  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

QOTD #2 My favorite latest movie would be Passion of the Christ, too. I love comedies too: Meet the Parents, Bruce Almighty, and of course, Christmas Vacation. If you want to talk chick flicks, it would have to be Bed of Roses or Fried Green Tomatoes. Animated movies: I love Veggie Tale movies. I like to many movies...

I've been drinking water like crazy today but I also couldn't resist going to Wendy's to get lunch. I thought I'd be okay with a jr. cheeseburger and a med. fry...wrong, it used up 16 WW points. That leaves me 2 points for the rest of the day. I have flexpoints to use though. I get really disappointed with myself. On Monday when I weighed in, I had lost 3 lbs. Then I spend the rest of the week trying to justify giving myself a reward, which wouldn't be bad, but I use...food...the thing that got me here in the first place. That pattern is so engrained in my mind. How do you break the pattern of "Well, I did good last week, I deserve a treat!" I'm undoing everything again. I don't understand what makes me eat the way I do because I so desperately want to be thinner and healthier.

OH! BTW, my question for anyone who wants to answer is this.. How do you get a child to eat dinner? My 5 year old absolutely will not eat. She eats great for breakfast, good for lunch and a small snack in the afternoon. She hasn't eaten dinner in 4-5 days. Around 9 p.m. she cries because her stomach hurts so bad. I'm worried that she is going to damage her health or end up with an eating disorder. This is a very tense subject for my husband and I. He comes from a family of hearty eaters and thinks she should be too. He thinks they should clean their plates. Me, as long as they eat something, I'm happy. They don't have to finish it. I came from a family where they tried to make us clean our plates too. I refused to eat dinner when I was in 7th grade for the longest time. My mom said she worried about me then because I went way down on the weight. I look at my pictures now and I looked like a skeleton. I don't want to turn my kids off to food or cause them to anorexic or something like that. Please help. What would you do?

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:52 PM   #29  

Chris, you snuck in on me too, lol.
The eating dilemma happens to everyone I think. Maybe if you cut out the afternoon snack she will want to eat at dinner? Do you make sure you make things you know she likes?? And I would make her a plate and if she refuses to eat I'd stick it in the fridge and when she complains later of being hungry I'd reheat it and keep offering it until she eats it. My kids know that they get nothing else later in the evening until they eat some dinner. I don't require clean plates but I do require some effort on their part. But if she is eating hearty at breakfast and lunch then maybe she truly isn't hungry come dinnertime. What time does she get her snack and what time is dinner? maybe they are too close together?? Anyway, that is my 2 cents, lol.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:01 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

HI girls quick post from me I hope you are all doing well!

Power came back on at about 5 am this morning after we blew 3 transformers from the storm the power company got one that worked right or lasted more than 5 minutes.

Spryng great to see you didn't forget about us LOL Sounds like you are doing great!!

Deana I did see the voluntary shelf pull of vioxx but I called my doctor and he thinks its silly, and he said since I don't take it everyday I'm really not at risk. Infact he said he would be taking all the samples from the office and continue to use it himself, I believe he has arthritis, just so you don't think I go to some quack pill popper of a doctor lol.

Penny how are you?

Jill

Leigh great to see you pop in!

Oh we're having an UN-birthday party with the girls tonight, Taylor is so excited!

Ok I have more to do around here, I'll be back later!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote