Old 10-20-2004, 07:56 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post SAHM's #271 Wednesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:09 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning Ladies

Hi all. Hope everyone had a great night. I was pooped and went to bed at 1000 and slept straight until Andrew woke me up at 430. That was great. Then we went back to sleep until 630. I feel good. Gave him his Singulair and a treatment last night, but don't think it's had time to be what helped him, but I"m like Mel, I'll take what I can get.

Thanks all of you for your congrats and the name suggestions.

Penny, sorry I missed your im last night. Dh was using my desk until way after I went to bed. Thanks for your congrats.

Jaymi, yes we will get tongue tied, but oh well. You know you even get tongue tied if the names don't sound similar. I am Crystal my sister is Shelley and my mom always got tongue tied. Besides, my sisters girls are...Lauren, Lindsey, Leslie, Leah, Lydia and Libby. So I don't think mine will get that bad.

Michelle, I love the name Audrey. But I think Allison is what we chose for the first name and actually as of last night we chose Michelle for the middle name because it's feminine for Michael and that is a BIG name in dh's family. The only reason I didn't want Michelle is because I didn't want first and middle initials to match and they would for Andrew Michael and Allison Michelle, so I don't know yet. But I like Jill's suggestion...Allison Crystal.

Jill, I really like your suggestion for Allison Crystal. It would be weird to get used to Crystal as a middle name and not a first name but I do like it. And that would keep my kids initials different, well at least their middle initials. I'll run it by dh, Thanks.

Mel, hope you got a good nights sleep.

Spryng, Deana where are you girls?

Cindi, hope things got better yesterday and get even better today.

Chris, hope Nicole is okay. Isn't it the hardest thing ever that you can't even let them go outside very much. It's even worse because my girls want to go out but I know Andrew is going to throw a holy fit literally if they go and he doesn't and I don't think that's fair, yet it's not fair that they can go and he can't. But I told Alisa that she's older and she understands better and bubba can't understand. So I try to let them go out when he lays down.

Hello to all you other sahm's out there. I have to go to Walmart today and get some real groceries, yesterday was just bread, milk, diapers...you know the usual. But I need to work up a little menu first so maybe we'll go this afternoon after nap time. Dh has decided to do the slab work himself because the other guy was about $1200 too much. So dh hopefully can get started this weekend. It drives me crazy, he needs to get started on our stuff and people are calling him, can you come help me do this or that. Or so and so needs some electrical work done or I need you to go here. I'm like tell them NO, simple as that, but he won't. So maybe he can get everyone else taken care of this week and be free next week, I just hope all those people are available to help him when he needs it since he drops everything to help them.
Sorry, just gets to me alittle.
Okay gonna enjoy some coffee and little Allison ?Crystal? Michelle?...
TTYL
Old 10-20-2004, 08:25 AM   #3  

Morning Crystal! I went to bed late ...after 11, which is unusual for me and the little man of the house woke at 3ish 3x's due to his nose been stuffy. But all and all he did well. Anyway, gym today at 10, ughh I am sore from the last two days, but that a good thing....I THINK. Have a good day all..ttyl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:32 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Crystal,
Congrats on finding out the sex! WOOHOO Beautiful little girls I agree that I like Allison Crystal Hope the meds work out for Andrew. I know it is hard when they are sick

Jill,
Don't stress too much on your classes girlie I know you will do great!

Chris,
Congrats on being on plan WooHoo! Sorry you didn't find the first pumpkin. How many is there??? Congrats to dh on school! Nice!

Jaymi,
What I do to exercise at home is put my dvd on the puter and the kids watch tv at the same time. Hope you do great today! I know you will!

Mel,
Sorry the class didn't work out That does suck! How is the training going???

Spryng,
Hope you get everything figured out with the religion. Go with what is in your heart. The rest will follow

Ricci,
Awesome job on the weight loss! Only 5 away! WOOHOO!

Geri,
Hope you have a great day today! Congrats on the exercise and water!

Deana,
Congrats on the loss You are doing great lady. I know next week will be awesome!

Leigh,
Isn't it great when you go to whole milk! Great! And cheaper..lol I put Andrew on 2percent milk. Wow 300 people huh? Sounds like my parties....lol Where are you having it at?

Michelle,
Congrats on the puter. That is great...... So inquiring minds wanna know how your weigh in was Sunday huh huh??

Well I need to get my butt out the door!

I did opt for the jeans yesterday... I bought a pair of dress pants and a dress shirt, then a pair of jeans, a shirt, 2 bras, a watch and a pair of sunglasses.....

Didn't I say I was going for jeans???

Anyhow, The trainer at the gym is doing all my stuff this morning so I need to get out the door.

HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Sorry I did not get back on here last night. I think I am getting really sick. I'm fighting it like crazy though because I have that interview tonight and I need to be there. Tanner though is losing his battle. Poor guy coughed all night long and feels a tad bit warm this morning. I think I will find some medicine for him and start giving it to him. I wish Icould give him zicam but he is too young. But I'll continue to take it every 3 hours today and hopefully I'm feeling fine by tonight. Also, after the kids went down last night I found some algebra sites on the net and practiced some problems. I was told that is what the math test tonight will consist of so I wanted to get familiar with it all again. I think I will do fine. I'm not really nervous at all. Of course that will be a different story come 5 pm, lol.
Ok, plan for today is just to stay busy. I'm going to focus on laundry and have the kids clean their rooms. Laundry should keep me busy all day. Plus I have no idea what I want to wear tonight so I need everything clean so I can try on a million different outfits, lol. Dinner tonight will be that pork tenderloin. I ended up ordering pizza last night. I just didn't feel like cooking.

Penny, have fun at the gym today! And your new clothes sound great! What kind of jeans did you buy? I need to go shopping too. I have a ton of Arizona jeans that I love because they are so comfortable but my size 8's are about to fall off me. I'm right in between an 8 and 6 now and need to buy a 6 in that brand. Maybe next month or so.

Crystal, congrats on the baby girl!!!! I'm so happy for you, as you know. I think Allison is a pretty name. Is your dh still against Claire? I liked that for a middle name too.

Jaymi, I hope you do better today, I know personally we all have bad days. You'll get through this rut soon though.

Leigh, I think Liam will have a wonderful party! Keep us informed on the details. Is your dh home now for awhile?

Anyone watch the biggest loser last night? It was actually pretty good! I'm already routing for the red team. And I'm so happy they won last night. It will be really interesting to see how everyone progresses after the first week. I can't believe that guy lost 22 lbs in his first week!!! He must have been retaining a ton of water. But I was thrilled for him!

Well, gotta get off here and get breakfast going. TYYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:56 AM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

Spryng, sorry you and Tanner aren't feeling well. I hope you get to feeling better before tonight. No dh didn't like Claire or Brooke or Faith or Grace or most of the others I asked about. We chose Michelle, but like I said I really didn't want their initials to be the same so that's why I like Jill's choice for Allison Crystal. I'll ask dh but he better not say no, that's my name, lol!!!
Hope you get all that laundry done and get to feeling better.
TTYL
Old 10-20-2004, 10:25 AM   #7  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all,

Today is a busy one. I get to go to school later for Kayla. They are having a parent/child activity. We get to decorate pumpkins and do some experiments and have a story. Then Tiana gets out of school early. They don't have school for the next 2 days. A long weekend.

Penny-The radio station does 2 pumpkins a year. We got our clues yesterday for the second one. It makes me so mad on the first one because we were the only ones searching in the area until Monday afternoon. It was found right after my two sister's had to leave to pick up kids from school.

Today I'm going to try to stay within my points. Since yesterday was an "on the go" day, I slipped and we ate at McD.s I had Chicken Nuggets...and I hate to say this...a Medium Fry!!! Today is going to be strict with me. No fudging on anything.

Crystal-Nicole is better today. She only was wheezing for a little while. All the same, I sent Tiana and Kayla off to school by themselves. I didn't want to take Nicole out. I could have drove them but we have road construction down the road and you have to drive 10 blocks out of the way to get around it and over the ditch....to annoying to do today.

Well I got most of my housework done last night so today is just a light laundry day. That's fine. I'll be getting some baby time with my sister's little Conner after I get everyone from school. I haven't got to see him in 2 weeks and I'm going through withdrawals.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Morning! The guests and Liam are all sleeping still. It was a late night here - their flight got in very late and when they came in, Liam woke up and was awake for a while.

Well, today is the day I got sent to the hospital because of very high blood pressure and protein in my urine. It was in the evening that I was admitted . . . then Liam stopped moving and my blood pressure kept getting higher and higher (it was insanely high- so high that I kept seriously thinking their machine was faulty). So, tomorrow morning will be the one year mark of the c-section and Liam's grand entry LOL. DH called him "Little Ceaser" when he was first born

Crystal- glad you got lots of sleep! I hope the Singulair does really help him better- that would be so nice. Hope DH's schedule calms down a bit so ya'll can focus on the house.

Melissa- is today your day off from exercise?

Penny- LOL! The party kept growing because we kept getting invited to other kids Birthdays, so I felt like I had to invite everyone. Then, it's also more because a lot of family is coming in. It will be about 25 people (including me, DH, and Liam). We're having it downstairs in the condo clubroom - I'm decorating it, of course Congrats on your purchases- use them well!

Spryng- oh no! I hope you guys feel better ASAP!!!

Okay- everyone's waking up TTYL!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:10 AM   #9  
I'm a homeschool mama

Just checking in, fixing to wash the breakfast dishes. Already showered and made beds. Went through Allison's clothes, which I had so many girl clothes. She's got an overflowing Avon box of more than enough newborn, 0-3 clothes. And a box for bigger clothes for next summer and winter. So she's set to go. Other than needing some basic baby stuff.
So I'm gonna make my quick grocery list and go sometime this afternoon. Hope everyone is having a great day. TTYL
Old 10-20-2004, 11:44 AM   #10  
**Kristin**

Hello! Sorry for the MIA this week all the time! I am doin REALLY REALLY WELL! I can't wait for my WI tomorrow, I have to see a loss, I just feel it! I'm really sore today though, I have been doing all kind of "extra" workouts! I raked leaves for an hour and a half, and then this weekend I washed windows....man, my back, arms and sides feel stretched! LOL! its great though, this winter I am getting a gym membership WITH dh! He wants to try and always work out together! I am so excited, it will be great for all of us!
Crystal - Congrats on the baby girl! I loved the name Avery! Allison is beautiful too, but I would always want to shorten it to Ally and you already have an Ally ! LOL! I think that there are lots of ways to find middle names....like your grandmothers, his grandmothers, etc...that is waht we usually do....middle name is after someone special! Can't wait to here about the house progress!

PEnny - WOW, I am so proud of you! I love buying stuff for me...doesn't happen often, but when I do, who-hoo! I got a new suede jacket, its fitted and I feel cute in it, so I am excited!

Jill - HOw are you! I miss chatting with you! Hopefully we can chat soon..BTW - I am sending your package today

SPryng - Have a great day! I'm thinking of you!

okay to the rest of you! I love you, but my mom just showed up....so here we go again with busy lives! LOL! Talk to you all later! I will try to get back at nap time !

sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:59 AM   #11  
I'm a homeschool mama

Kristin, thanks for the congrats. I liked the name Avery, the problem with it is that is our dog's name. And I can't even imagine explaining to her how we came up with her name. And shortening the name, we don't usually shorten them so that shouldn't be a problem. I like using family names but my g-mas middle name is my middle name and it starts with an A. My dh's g-mas middle name is Aileen and starts with an A and sounds too much like Ally to me, my mom doesn't have a middle name and my mil's is Dorene which I don't like. Not that I needed to go into the spill, but I wanted you to know that I appreciated your suggestions.
Hope you all have a great day.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:18 PM   #12  

Good morning ladies. I know I promised to check in atleast once a day, but things have been crazy around here! On top of that I feel like I'm coming down with something also. There must be something going around. I am sorry about all the little ones being sick. I just hope that whatever I have doesn't get passed to my little boy. I bought me some vitamin C/Zinc tablets so hopefully they will help. I have been feeling like such a failure here lately. I haven't been doing well at all and I have no one to blame but myself. I give myself these pep talks every day but I end up turning to food late in the evening. I weigh-in tomorrow for the first time in three weeks and I am so scared to see how much I have gained. I'm trying to take it easy today, I have a can of soup I might eat for lunch so that won't be too bad.

Crystal: Congratulations on finding out the sex! I hope that whenever I do become pregnant again it will be a little girl. But, my mom says I'm destined to have the boys in the family and my sis is destined to have the girls. I really wouldn't care either way, but I'd love to have a little girl to play dress up with.

Penny: Have fun at the gym, try not to over do it! LOL... I can't wait to go clothes shopping but at the rate I'm going I'm not going to be in my size 11's anytime soon! Oh well, I just I just have to keep on keeping on....

Spryng: A size 8 is falling off of you!! I wish I had that problem. YOu are doing an awesome job on your weight loss, you'll be at 120 before you know it.

Kristin: That is so wonderful that your husband wants to work out with you! I wish I could get my husband to do some type of exercise with me.

I hope everyone has a good day today and for those of you with weigh-in's tomorrow I wish you all a loss!!!

Amy
SAHM to Chad, 4, married to Chad SR for 5 years
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:26 PM   #13  

Hi, all just checking in after my workout! 33minutes on the treadmill!!! Didn't burn as much calories, because I was not into it today and didn't do the intensity I wanted. Oh well, but I did it and that's what counts. Tomorrow, training again.

Hey Crystal, Leigh, Kristin !

Spryng, You are going to do great tonight! Let us know how it goes.... BTW, I did watch part of the Biggest loser. It's neat. I have to make note to watch it on tuesday nights. Please remind me.!!@! Thanks!

check in later. I have a majorly busy day!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:50 PM   #14  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Hi everyone.....I'm not missing, just been really, really busy trying to get dh ready to go, plus everything else that happens on a daily basis. Dh just left so I actually have a couple hours to myself with only the dog. As far as lunch with dh yesterday, I still made a decent choice. I had spinach & artichoke dip with chips. It was okay but not really what I wanted.

QOTD from Sunday: Bush. I think the thing people can't put their finger on about Kerry is that he is sooooooo hard to look at, all saggy and stuff.... As far as who gets voted in....does it really make that much difference? Congress are the ones who make the laws and such, the President is just there to veto and even that doesn't mean much if they overrule him.

QOTD from Tuesday: NO WAY!!! My dh is the exact opposite too. In school I had crushes on the bad boys and the jocks and now when I see them they are such losers. One jock I had a real crush in in school moved to this town a few years ago and I saw how bad he cheated on his wife and thought how lucky I was he never noticed me back then.

Michelle: I love the frame around your avatar, too cool! Woohoo on the new laptop .

Ricci: Hope working on real people is much funner than the dummies .

Mel: Thank you! I wasn't going to, but since tom is leaving I stepped on again today and was another pound down so I know I was retaining. Can't wait til next week, measurements too and I am really starting to see a difference in the mirror. Glad you got a good night's sleep Monday night. WTG on the working out. You are doing awesome girl

Leigh: Thank you! Hope Liam's party goes very well and everyone has lots of fun and Liam gets cake all over him that's what the 1st one is all about, you know!

Crystal: Another Girl!!!! Poor Andrew, hope he's okay with it. I'm sure he will be but I know it's rough having only one of one sex or the other. Of course Abby is such a tomboy we don't notice much Glad Andrew is feeling better and the doc put him on the Singulair. Allison Renee? I know what you mean about dh running to help others. Mine is the same way when they call him to work on his days off.

Jaymi: WTG on the walk on the beach. Wish I had one close to me. Keep working at it and it will all come together. We know you can do this!

Penny: Thanks! I can't wait til next week's WI and you will be gone won't you? Hope you have lots of fun on your trip and hit a BIG jackpot! Do you like slots or table games? I'm a blackjack player myself.

Spryng: You're going to do great tonight on that test, I just know it! Hope Tanner gets to feeling better soon and you too. It's bad enough when kids get sick but when we get sick too it makes it harder to take care of them.

Chris: Glad Nichole is feeling better today. Darn that pumpkin. I really hope you find the next one. That would be too cool. My kids get a long weekend next week because of parent/teacher conferences. They get out early on Thurs.

Kristin: Sounds like you are doing GREAT!!! Keep it up girl. I know about the busy life. Abby is at school, so after I pick her up it's scouts today and tomorrow. I'm kinda enjoying my alone time, it's sooooo quiet here. Woohoo on getting dh to work out with you. My dh is so tall and skinny and I can't put weight on him , not for lack of trying either!

Amy: Glad you checked in. You can get back on track, just remember we are here to support you. Tell your mom it isn't up to you if it's boys or girls since the male determines the sex.
Maybe he will be good for a girl . Hope the scale is kind to you tomorrow. Let us know.

Ok, I think I got everyone addressed. If I missed you I'm sorry.

Does anyone get the Discovery Health channel? They have 2 episodes of I Lost It! on everyday during the week about weight loss success stories. It's really a neat show. It comes on at 1 pm Central. I've been listening to it while I posted.

Well, not much planned here today since dh just left and I'm exhausted from getting him ready to go and fixing lunch for myself, Abby and 3 men. I made hot meatloaf sandwiches with mashed potatoes and gravy. I only ate half a sandwich and about a 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes. So not too bad I guess. Supper tonight will be leftovers for the kids and I will eat a Smart Ones.

I'll check back later. Have a great day!!!

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 10-20-2004 at 02:55 PM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!

Well I am now physically ready for my interview tonight. I showered and shaved (not that anyone will notice, lol) picked out my outfit, did my hair and makeup. So I'll put on my outfit right before I leave later so hopefully it will stay clean, lol. But I caught up on my laundry!!! Well, on all the clean clothes anyway. I folded three huge laundry baskets full... I guess that was about 5-6 loads and I put them all away too so I feel like I got something done around here. I have more going in the washer and dryer but I'll finish them up tomorrow probably. If I get hired at Great West I plan I deep cleaning this house from top to bottom so I figure I might as well get my laundry all caught up so I won't be overloaded with that later on this month.
Tanner is still sick. No fever or anything, just congested. Runny nose, sneezing, coughing. Typical cold symptoms. I've been putting his medicine in his sippy cup with a little juice or else he won't take it. But it's working so far today. I've been doping myself up with zicam and vit c and it seems to be working. I feel pretty good. No runny nose or anything here so victory so far! lol!

Ok, I may not get back on here to post until much later. I will leave here around 3:45 to take the kids to MIL, stay there a bit to chat and then they wanted me to stay and watch Lost with them over there tonight so I won't leave there until 8 pm at the earliest. So you'll see me after 9 pm when I get my kiddos in bed.

Deana, is your dh gone for the night or a few days? I LOVE spinach and artichoke dip! I never get to order it because dh hates it so we always order an appetizer we all like. But I love it. And I think you are right about Kerry, lol... he is kinda hard to look at. And I also think people are leary of him because he is a smooth talker... Bush talks like we do, lol... and Kerry is way over our heads at times and says things and make you go Hmmmmm... lol. I used to get the discovery health channel a couple of years ago and I miss it, I would definitely watch that show, my kind of tv, lol.

Mel, tell me your secret on how you get exercise in even when you don't feel like it?? I wish I could discipline myself to just exercise 3x's a week right now. I feel so BLAH because I don't do it. Like I am cheating myself out of something. But I admire you for getting on that treadmill even when you didn't feel like it! That is wonderful!

Amy, have you ever tried Zicam??? It shortens the cold by days if you take it everyday. I swear by it. When all the rest of the family starts to get sick I attack the zicam and can usually fight it off before it really starts or if I do come down sick it's only for a day or two. I recommend it highly. Don't buy the spray though, it's nasty (it's what I am using right now, I'm hoping to run out soon so I can buy the pills or the nose swabs) it works, but tastes horrible.

Crystal, yeah I agree about Avery, lol.. would be hard to explain if that is your dogs name, lol! What about Allison Spryng???! LOL... or Allsion Skye, if Tanner turned out to be a girl we would have named her Olivia Skye (Livvy for short) or Olivia Justine, I liked that name alot too. But I think Michelle is very pretty too. Common but pretty.

Kristin, you have me all excited about your WI tomorrow now too!!! So glad you are doing so well!

Leigh, you had such a scary labor and delivery experiance. You hug that little boy tight tomorrow (I'm sure you do everyday)

Chris, how is today going for you? Chicken nuggets were a better choice than a big mac or something like that so don't feel too bad. I had a big mac the day before yesterday (with the fries and all that) and pizza hut yesterday and somehow I'm still at 122... so our bodies can take a hit every now and then, not that I recommend doing it everyday, lol. Today I've been very OP .

Well I better get off here, I wanted to work on some word problems before the kids got up. So TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote