Old 10-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #16  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Just checking in. I went and bought groceries and got them put away. Andrew is napping so I think I'll kick back and rest as well. Buying groceries in general especially with three kids always tires me out so much.
Spryng, glad you are ready for tonight, will they hire you tonight or get back with you or do you know? Hope Tanner is feeling better.
Deana, I was a little upset to know Andrew wouldn't have a brother, but dh is, I think, an involved father and when Andrew is big enough to go places with him he's likely to take him every where with him, I hope. The girls will have to understand they have each other and bubba doesn't so he gets to go with daddy. But anyways, maybe it'll make him one sweet cookie, lol!!!
Okay, gonna catch a rest, TTYL.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:36 PM   #17  
Walking away the weight

Good late afternoon . . . boy am I beat! Our first set of guests left (they had a quick overnight here). Tomorrow evening my mother and sister arrive. Friday my in-laws arrive. Everyone leaves Monday. But since we had overnight guests I now have to reclean all the bedding and clean the guest bathroom, towels, etc. And I have to do some heavy duty carpet cleaning because their little boy got sick this morning. But it is nice to see everyone

Crystal- I can't wait to hear what you decide on for the middle name! How exciting.

Kristin- I can't wait for your WI either! You've been working so hard.

Amy- oh my! Something is definitely going around - almost everyone on the board is sick and/or has sick children Hope you're better soon.

Melissa- WTG on the continued workouts. You're wonderfull Hope you're having a good day.

Deana- hi! Yes, I cannot wait for Liam to eat his cake With his sweet tooth, I know he'll be in heaven! You're doing so well staying OP.

Spryng- I am convinced you'll get the job! Call it one of my ESP moments Ohhh- I love Allison Skye!!! That's so nice. And thanks for your kind words about my labor and delivery. I must say, it freaked me out because it was so unexpected. As you know, I used a midwife (up until that point) so I pictured this birth where I'd have Liam, and they'd lie him on my chest, and we'd bond, etc. So it was quite a shock. Though I'm very grateful because he needed to get out and was in a lot of distress. I actually feel weird about having guilt/sadness about the c-section since I know it was necessary. Anyway, I definitely am so very thankful each day for his health and well-being

Okay, gals, I'm off to clean while Liam naps. And I did go for a long walk, though not my normal 30-minute one. But still better than nothing. TTYL!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 256/202.5/135

Height: 5'3"

HI Ladies!

I was wondering if you are accepting new members? I am Kathy, 33....I am basically a SAHM, but I do work a few hours a week as an RN doing home visits, when my hubby is off of work.

We have two beautiful little girls, Natalie is 5 and Ashley is 12 months younger...4 yrs old. We had been trying for #3 since April 2002 with no luck.....I am sure my weight does not help at all!!

I was a little over weight before prego with #1.....I was at 140lbs......130 is a good wt for me.......after Natalie was born I needed to lose 10 lbs to get to pre pregnancy....then whamo.....3 months after her birth I was pregnant again!!....when Ashley was born I weighed 168 when I left the hospital......and it has all been up from there.....thanks to depression and eating out of control.....I am now at my highest ever.

I am 188lbs (I think....not sure...we dont have a scale anymore and I am too chicken to buy one)...basically I am as fat now as I was when 9 month prego...

none of my clothes fit well......I basically live in sweatpants......I cant stand to see pictures of myself.......ugh I am just so disgusted....

I have done WW and Atkins in the past....lost 25-30lbs with each.....and then quit and well here I am again....

I am not going to follow a commercial plan this time.......I am going to do it my way....which means small portions.....no eating in the evening.....kicking the coke (a cola) habit and GASP excercise!!!

We have a cruise we are taking in Nov 2005 and I want to look goooood!!!

Anyway....I chatted enough.....I am just looking for support from other SAHMs....
kandie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:16 PM   #19  

Kathy, Of course your welcome here. Thats what we are here for to help and get help! I am Melissa SAHM of 2. Abigail 4 and Patrick "Bugga" age 2. Please join us and I'm sure you will find it helps. Also, we start a new thread each day, so tomorrow, look for us at SAHM Thursday #272 under support groups.

Spryng, How'd the interview go? Great job on catching up on the laundry. Also, as far as me getting on the treadmill even though I dont' feel like it. Well, it goes like this, ONE: I am paying 75 a month, TWO: I'm affraid I will lose my momentum, and THREE: I don't want to be FAT anymore!!!!!! I am pushing myself to the limit now. I really want to lose the weight. I know I have trouble with food choices, so I MUST get the exercise in! Food has been pretty good, but tonight I think I ate too much pasta at Dads. It was Low carb, but I still feel like I ate too much. It's there I eat it. Ughh.

Leigh, how many steps today?

Anyway, Training tomorrow, so I'd better get some rest tonight. She works me to the bone.!!!!!!!!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #20  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Kathy,
My name's Chris. I'm a sahm mom of 3 girls...talk about a hand full. Tiana is 11, Kayla 5, and Nicole is 2. I also work a few hours a week. My dad has a candy warehouse and I work there. I've been married 5 yrs now to a great guy (Kelly).

Yah Spryng-How was the job interview? And is Tanner feeling better? Hey I did better today. I stayed OP all day long.

Leigh-Happy Birthday to Liam...

Hi Penny, Geri, Jill, Mel, Michelle, Jaymi and all the other SAHM crowd. Have a great night and I'll check in tomorrow. It'll be in the evening though. I have to work....YUCK!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:42 PM   #21  

Chris, HI! Great job staying OP. !!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:24 PM   #22  
Walking away the weight

Evening, gals Boy has today been busy. But it's only the beginning Tomorrow is Liam's Birthday and I can't wait! It's so sad - I'm like a little kid and am so excited about his Birthday - do you guys get that way?

Kathy- welcome to the group! I think you'll find everyone here to be the extra support you need in your weight loss goals. I'm Leigh - SAHM to a son who's going to be one tomorrow! I've been happily married for 2 1/2 years. I began Weight Watchers, but got way off plan so have begun a new plan called the step diet that involves portion control and lots of walking.

Melissa- 10,000 steps today! I'm a little worried now because I get lots more steps than I thought and this is just my analysis week . . . I'm supposed to not add exercise or more steps than normal, but at the end of this week, I average out my steps for this week and then have to add 2,000 steps a day to that total for the next week, so I'm worried that I'll end up having to walk soooooo many steps to impact my weight! LOL. Anyway, I find all your exercise inspirational.

Thank you, Chris, for the B-day wishes. Hope you have a great night.

I'm signing off for the night. I need to finish laundry and put some of Liam's gifts out for tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:25 PM   #23  
Walking away the weight

Thanks, Melissa!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 10:25 PM   #24  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Hi Kathy, welcome to our little corner of the world. I'm Deana, sahm of Erik 16, Andrew 8, Matthew 7 and Abby 4. Of course you are welcome here. Just a few words of advice.....check in often, we are a chatty bunch, mostly during the week. Weekends are hit and miss with some of us. I too am dieting my way...limiting calories, daily food log, atleast 100 oz of water each day and excercise. I use the Walk Away the Pounds tapes as do some of the other ladies here. They are great and you cna do it in the comfort of home. Jump right in with us and we will give you great support. We also have a sister site we use to post recipes, pictures and sometimes chat. Be sure to check it out http://groups.msn.com/momslosingweight/_whatsnew.msnw

Spryng: WELLLLLLLLL????????

Mel: You are doing AWESOME girl. I have put the bug in dh's ear about a curves membership for my birthday and he loves the idea just have to check price at the time. WOOHOO!

Chris: WTG staying OP today!!!

Someone smack me! I am such a glutton for punishment. Today I volunteered to be Committee Chairperson for the entire Pack. I get to call everyone and put together the committees to run all of our events. Some days I wonder why I do this to myself....then I realize I do it for the boys and they love it.

Well I have to sew some patches on the boys' scout uniforms tonight. I'll check in tomorrow morning after kids go to school.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:25 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

ok, I'm home finally, lol. I am so tired. I think my testing went great today. I know I passed the math asessment test (she told me, lol) and the other was a personality test which was strange yet fun to fill out. There were 4 other people testing with me which made me nervous because I kept thinking about all the reasons they would hire them instead of me, but my cousin who works there told me to knock it off, lol... that I will probably get hired. So who knows... I will know sometime next week they said. But I do have GREAT news!!!!! Ready??? DH got that job position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He gets a dedicated route every day and can be home every night starting monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So his hometime was next weekend but he gets to come home this weekend instead and starts his new route monday! I'm so so so thrilled and excited about it. So one good thing happened today! Thank you ladies so much for keeping us in your thoughts! I know it must have helped

Deana, sounds like you will be busy! Do the scouts run all year long?

Leigh, congrats on getting in all your steps today! I may have to look into your new plan. I have a stepometer (from mcd's) would that work?? Where do I find the info on it?

Chris, no Tanner isn't much better tonight. Still is congested and runny nose. I gave him some nightime medicine so hopefully he sleeps good. So far so good, he hasn't coughed once yet so that is good. Last night he had coughing fits all night long.

Mel, the 75 bucks a month would probably motivate me to get to the gym too, lol... but whatever reason is spurring you on I say keep up the great work!! You are really inspiring me too.

Welcome Kathy!! We always have room for more here! I am Spryng, mother of 3 and boy do I know how you feel about having two babies so close to one another. My first two are 11 months apart so I know how it feels to not have time to get the weight off from the first pregnancy and then gain more weight with the next one. But it's possible! I hit my goal weight back in april and have since been working on my personal goal weight. I hope you feel right at home here and post often if you can. Also each day a new thread gets started so tomorrow you'll find us under SAHM's # 272 thursday. I look forward to getting to know you better!

Crystal, I hope you were able to rest up tonight. Shopping wears me out too and I couldn't imagine doing it while being pregnant. You are really super woman!

Well I'm so glad all that job stuff is over and now I can relax. No more studying or stressing, I just have to wait for them to call me with a yes or a no and you know what? I'm fine with either. I would like to get hired just for a change of pace around here and for their great insurance for my family, but if not that is ok too because dh will now get more miles in a week and still get home everynight and how can I complain about that? lol. I think things are really working themselves out and I'll just go with it, lol. Ok, I'm off to bed. Have a great evening all!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:18 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Spryng CONGRATS!!!! I am soo excited for you!!! That is just wonderful!! So are you still going to go back to work or are you going to continue staying home? WOOHOOO

Okay I have some wonderful wonderful wonderful news...now as you may or may not know I'm a HUGE baseball fan....and my team....the Boston Redsox forced game seven and spanked the yankees hardcore and are going to the world series!!! I cried when the game ended lol!! Now keep in mind the sox haven't won a series since 1918 and haven't been to the world series (I think) since 1985!! Okay okay I need to breathe!!

Leigh, I get sooooo excited about my childrens birthdays!! I mean how could I not it was two of the most important days of my life!! I'm just like you in that respect!!

Kathy we never turn anyone away!! Welcome to the group!! I'm Michelle sahm to 2 girls (well I now work nights though) but I'm home during the day with my girls. Taylor is 3 and Teagan is 1! I also attend school online which is wonderful because it doesn't take time away from my family! Have you decided what sort of plan you are going to follow?

Guys I'm so excited about my classes and I think I'm going to do awesome!! I was so leary at first but now I am just stoked!!!

Jill how is school going for you? How is Bayley? I miss talking to you!!

Penny do you have a shipping amount for me yet? How was the gym today? Oh and my weigh in.....no change but thats not so bad at least I'm just holding steady instead of gaining.

I'm also happy to report that today was totally on plan for me!! WOO HOO!!

Chris How are the kids doing? (pssstt...sneak me a peach ring...don't tell anyone though )

Deana dang girl all I can say is good luck lol with all those little boys!! I can't say I envy you I'm more at home with the girly girls lol

Today I bought taylor her halloween costume well it's also a dress up outfit, but I got her a beautiful cinderella dress, the ones made by disney, and a cinderella crown so I got it home and she of course wanted to put it on, so I did and she stood in front of the mirror just totally enthralled with it!! I was so happy, I'm so happy I'm a mommy and I'm so happy god gave me my 2 particular angels Can you tell I had a really good day today? LOL

Okay I'm at work I'm gonna finish writing my school paper and I'll pop in later

Love to all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:31 AM   #27  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Well it’s late, and I need to be sleep…. but hey at midnight I did exercise for 30 minutes. YAY!! It took 3 days but I finally did something. Now I need to be sleeping because I set my alarm for 5:30 am. I still need to take a shower. Anyways I just wanted to check in and update everyone! YOUR’E ENCOURAGEMENT IS HELPING!!! It’s way too late and I need to be asleep! I’ll try to log on early tomorrow and get personal!!! Thanks again and hopefully I can get some exercise tomorrow! I’m hoping this will help me sleep better too! Have a good night all!

P.s. Michelle, I tried to email you my email adress but it wouldn't work. What the heck am I doing wrong? LOL

Welcome Kathy!

Happy Belated Birthday Liam!

Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:44 AM   #28  

Jaymi email me at [email protected] but you HAVE to remove the NO SPAM part otherwise it won't send.

I'm so happy you got your exercise in!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 10-21-2004, 03:19 AM   #29  

Hi girls Just got home from work and since it is Technically Thursday I started a new thread.....I changed the name though, does anyone mind? If anyone doesn't like it we can change it back. The new thread can be found here:
Desperate Housewives (Formerly Stay At Home Mom's) #272
Old 10-21-2004, 03:29 AM   #30  
Hip & fit but... chubby

Red face Hi!

Hi! Can I join you? I work only two days a week, when my daughter goes to kindergarten, I'm home with her the rest of the week. I know technically I'm not a full-time SAHM, but I was one until last year, for the first 4 years after my daughter was born, and plan on beconming one again next years, since we are planning on TTC in January

Can I join you too?
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote