Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 09:05 PM   #61  
Samantha

Lynne - it is definitely a good hurt....I can see how someone could get hurt in kickboxing...but it really is a fun class. I could also see how someone could get injured in the aerobics we were doing today - she had us turning and twisting all sorts of ways. I could just SEE myself breaking my ankle, so I tried to take it easy, as I am not able to jump around as easily as some of them are. I will be taking it easy, though, because I am not able to go to the gym tommorrow, so tommorrow will be my day off until Friday!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:43 AM   #62  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Wedneday is Weight In at WW that would be WWIWW Wow

Hi all

Thought I'd let you know the results of my WI tonight at WW. Down 4#.

I've been doing much of the same.... staying OP.... drinking my water...

Still have motitivation problems with regard to getting daily exercise. Still trying to get myself psyched Like Sam, I have joined a few challenges.... Hallowe'en.... Christmas..... 100miles....point challenge.

With regard to the WFC turkey challenge....one more couldn't hurt I guess... although my Thanksgiving is also on Monday..... I'll go along and count the weeks with you guys.

Sounds like everyone is staying on track with their eating and exercise. Good to see

I won't be able to participate in the chat night. I will be at class tomorrow night from about 5-10. Pacific Time. I think that we are four or five hours behind eastern. We get Chicago channels here on cable can watch shows such as Survivor at 5pm instead of 8pm if we want, so its three hours from Chicago. Let me know when the next one is and I'll try that.

I think that a discussion topic is a very good idea. Maybe would could have a different theme each week. I nominate Redswirls (her idea) to be leader in this area....

Well that's all for now.....

:-J
Old 10-07-2004, 04:09 PM   #63  
Samantha

Hi guys...my hubby came through his surgery okay, just grumpier than He is griping about everything from the cat to the car. I went out to get his medicine, and picked up lunch for him, a few movies to watch while he was bed ridden, a soft (but manly!!) blanket, and a magazine. Did he say thank you? no!!! GRRR....

Anyways, I am going to chalk it up to him not feeling good and try to do the best I can while playing nurse. He is driving me crazy, though, because he keeps trying to DO things, like get his own blanket, etc...when I told him that I would get him anything that he needs. I am tempted just to let him get it himself, if that's the way he wants it!

OK, enough of my griping, diet went to crap today because I was stuck at the hospital, but I didn't have anything fried, and no cokes...so I am still okay. Will go to Step N Flex tommorrow morning.

Talk to you all soon!!

Sam
Old 10-08-2004, 04:50 AM   #64  

I am ready for the challenge.Just got off the scale and weighing in at 256.2.
This is going to be a tough weekend for me with 3 turkey dinners.Plan on getting alot of activitiy in My trip is comming closer and closer and this weight needs to move faster.
Glad to hear that your hubby is doing good Sam just be patient...men are sucks when it comes to this kind of thing.
I made it through my training this week and I get back to work yesterday and find out that we are being audited by ontario health and safety now and have to spend the day with the auditor.I sure hope he likes turkey my only salvation
Thet tell me that I also have training for 3 days next week again,this does not help my weight loss because normally in my job I am running around for at least 4 hours a day and now I can see my butt getting bigger as we speak from sitting.

I made 15 lbs of mashed potatoes last night for the dinner we are having today. Will not be having them plan on having turkey and some veggie's and a little desert and that is it.
Gotta run and get ready for work hope you all have a great day.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN
Trisha

Ps Laura thank you for setting up the challenge it is greatly appreciated
Old 10-08-2004, 07:12 PM   #65  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

Gday everyone hope your all well , gooe to see you all seem to be sticking to it and congrats on the losses out there Sam I hope all is well with your family you have been in my prays , Fran I hope all is well with your mum I know how scary it can be my mum had 6 bypasses 6 yrs ago so you hang in there , love reading your post Laura you make me laugh at times when I really need it , I know what you meen about stones and lbs I,m the same with lbs and kgs there are 14lbs to one stone , I have,nt had a very good week family issues so I,ve been eating all the wrong food and have regained the last 2lb I lost but I,m back on track now I have no control over certain things that are going on but I,m the one that controls my weight issues hope you all have a great day thanks for being there bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-08-2004, 11:57 PM   #66  
Samantha

Good evening ladies, I am still dealing with a VERY GRUMPY HUBBY. My eating has been terrible and I really need some motivation to start eating right again. My exersize has been okay, but I know that it takes both parts to get the job done, not just one or the other. I hate to admit it, but this is what I ate today: a sonic hamburger, a hot dog, a SmartOnes Pizza, and a Grilled Chicken Salad w/ extra chicken. Oh, and a few french fries. OMG I feel like such a pig. And some sunflower seends. Oh, and two granola bars. Jesus. What is my problem? I was doing SO good and then in just a matter of days I have slipped back to my old eating habits. What is my problem??? I didn't think I was an emotional eater. But APARENTLY I am. I probably just never realized it before because I ate so much anyways. I am on my period, but I don't really think that I can blame it ALL on that. It's me.
Anyways guys thanks for letting me vent. Will post tommorrow.

Sam
Old 10-09-2004, 02:25 AM   #67  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

Hi Sam dont beat yourself up over one bad day we all are affected by our emotions even if we think we,re not , sometimes we need comfort in unconventional ways and when the person we look to for it is feeling ofsorts themselves we go elsewhere in my case it,s usually the bikkies or chips you know you,ve been doing really well and your encouragement and things you write in your posts have really help keep me motivated when I,ve slipped and remember a slip is not a failure it,s a new day tomorrow so just start afresh kiss today goodbye and remember tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it , stay focused you know you can do it just look how far you,ve come already and your mini goal hey easy all the best bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-09-2004, 02:41 AM   #68  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

Boy am I an airhead not payin attention I guess to many things scrambled in the old brain at the moment yeah I,m up for the challenge its a great idea Laura just what I need at the moment even if I don,t lose a whole turkey maybe a couple of drumsticks will be a good start anyway it,s Saturday here downunder so I,ll make that my checkin day thanks for the encouragement and inspiring ideas they really help just when I,m ready to give up I read something that makes me keep going, well and good luck to us all bye foe now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-09-2004, 06:05 AM   #69  

Morning everyone
Samantha do not get yourself upset it is normal for people to go on an eating program and for the first 3-4 weeks we do so well and then we fall back into our old habits.That is why we are here.Things are always happening in our lives that do not let us stay on track and when that happens we go fo comfort food.
Set yourself a new day to get started again.Take a deep breath and look forward not back you can do nothing to change that now.
You have been such an insporation to me on here because I am at the stage where I am falling and just to read about all the exercise you do and the weight you have lost has helped me.
Take a deep breath and get focused again and you will be ok.
Just keep posting on here it works and we are all here for you.

I am trying to get my strategy up for this weekend.We now have family get togethers for all 3 day's I will be gobbling like a turkey by monday night.

I really need to get myself motivated for exercise again going to start a program for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night and see of that works.I foind that since I had all that training last week that sitting for 8 hours a day in the board room didn't help.I run around for about 4 hours a day and found that sitting all day I was more tired at night than anything.

Well I should go and start claenaing and want to wallpaper part of my kitchen today.I hope that you have a great day and oh ya
GOBBLE GOBBLE Trisha
Old 10-09-2004, 09:47 AM   #70  

We are reaching 6+ pages!!

DON'T POST HERE....JOIN US AT WATER FOR CHOCOLATE #3
Closed Thread