Old 10-21-2004, 10:56 PM   #76  

Hello,

My goodness, I sure had a hard time getting on the site tonight, it took forever to load. What is that all about?

I can sympthize with you Sheila and Charlotte, I am always cold too. I don't even bother with pajamas anymore, I wear a sweat suit and socks and a turtle neck under the sweat suit to bed, and I have about three quilts on the bed too to cover up with.

The Gkids are coming down again tomorrow evening and staying until Sunday noon. I have a feeling my butt is going to be dragging come Monday again. The weather is suppose to be warmer, but there are some threatening thunder showers predicted. The grandkids love the animals and the freedom to come and go as they please, and of course grandma has a special snack cupboard for them to rob. So far they all love coming here. We will see what happens when they are older.

Survivor was ok tonight, except one of the challenges was to catch baby pigs in a mud wallow. How could they ask grownups to wallow in the mud and catch baby pigs? Yuk what a mess. CSI is going too far, in grossing me out. I almost stopped watching when they found the dead rat in the cupoard with maggots crawling out of it. What the heck is that about anyway?

Sheila, I should have mentioned the details about the parrots, but I figured you knew about them. They live in Seward Park. It is speculated that people bought the birds, which are quite bothersome, because they are so noisy, and when they tired of them they set them free. The parrots have adapted to Seattles climate and environment by living and huddling in hollowed out trees in the park to stay warm and adapting to eating fruit scraps and seeds and other things they can find in and around the park. The article also mentioned some parrots have aclimated themselves to living in Chicago too. Can you imagine as cold as it gets in Chicago that parrots would survive. Anyway these parrots in Seattle cost $400.00 a piece in the pet stores.

Well, here it is creeping up on 10:00 p.m. again, so I better say adieu, and get some winks before tomorrow night. Have a good Friday everyone. Take care.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:37 AM   #77  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning Ladies...

I am sorry Bonnie ~ I think that some of our pictures and graphics may slow up the thread a bit... and then if it's a busy night on the net it get worse.

I guess you doooo get cold those are allot of layers I sometimes will put on socks and I enjoy my blanket, but I don't get that cold (yet). Maybe it's because I still have my body fat Seems that no matter what I do I cannot get rid of it. Now that I have been watching the fat intake because of my IBS I thought I would see it lower... NOT YET! I will just keep on trying.

Do the GKids come and stay with you every weekend? If so... I could see why come Monday you just want to veg-out. I do that just from having a busy weekend, nevermind entertaining all weekend like you do with all the GKids. My grandparents always had a snack drawer too... a great memory! You sound like such a loving Grandmother

I agree with you about the shows... CSI is getting very gorry and graphic these days, but I'll keep watching right now. I am afraid I am addicted to the show. As for Survivor... I felt bad for Lisa getting voted off... and am concerned about the one bossy girl in that group, Amy. She is a snake in the grass that one. Rory had better watch his back! I felt bad for them on that challenge though... they had not eaten like the other tribe (with their steak and eggs) and their energy was so very low. This is about the point that is all becomes very interesting...

I want to Thank you again, Bonnie, for all your caring support and advice You and the others are special people I feel I can come to for the good things to share and the trials in life for advice. Thank you again.

Thanks Sheila ~ My girlfriend, Peggy, has always been there for me when I have needed her in the past, it felt good to be there for her when she needed me. It would be so nice if we were to live good healthy lives together into our old age. We have known one another for over 20 years! Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts

I enjoyed your kitty story Yes, they do jump onto areas I would prefer they wouldn't. I taught them when they were very young NOT to jump up on my cabinets or shelves where my bird statues are displayed & they haven't yet (it's been 2 yrs), but just in case they are fun-tacked into place so they won't fall very easily. They all take turns here at my desktop... I will have Zeppe sleeping here while I am on the computer and then Guido will want up too and there's very limited space --- so it's quite a sight to see 30lbs of kitty trying to fit into this small area... usually one will give way to the other or I'll boot them both out! Domino likes sitting in my lap and he's tiny, so that's no problem. When I am trying to read the paper on Sundays and cutting coupons Guido keeps me company and just sprawls out right over it all! So much for reading I find that more times out of many they bring me to laughter with their antics. I am knocking on wood... they haven't broken anything of value yet. I have to watch for the bugs that get into the house (moths, ladybugs)... because they will chase them without even looking at what is in their way

I think your kitty sounds like she loves to see things fall (maybe in play)... is there a black tie on your camera? Kitties are drawn toward black and reds (dark colors) especially if they dangle My Guido cannot leave anything on my coffee table alone! If it's on there he scoots it around till it falls onto the floor and then just looks at us like "well, aren't you going to play with me?" They are characters... that is for sure! In fact, last night Zeppe was lying on the shelf of our coffee table, knocking the papers & magazine off while Guido was on the floor chewing them up! Here are a few pictures of them playing on the coffee table together... just too cute!
Zeppe started it all...

Then Guido (on the left) decided it looked like fun...

And then Domino (on the right) was like, "Hey, me too!"

Hi Angel ~ I love your kitty animation! Thanks for the hint as to where to find the snagables

When I was reading your post I recalled when all my nieces and nephews were little and they use to spend time with Joe & I staying days & nights over... I miss those times allot, but I do remember how tiring it was because they demanded all of our time & attention. We did allot together... crafts, coloring, played school (I use to have a couple of old school desks in my home where they could keep all their little books, crayons, pencils, etc yep - I miss those days... enjoy!! I bet you are a great Grandmother!!!!

I wish I could help your girls... but my nieces have IBS also and don't want to follow the diet and get ill often. Nothing I can do for them. I have given them the book on eating for IBS, but unless they follow it nothing i can do, you know. It's not easy to give up foods you enjoy, but for me it's well worth it for my health!

*~*~*

Well gals, I must be going... I never did finish my laundry yesterday and want to get an early start on it today. You would be surprised at how fast two people can fill up a hamper

(((Hugs)))
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:57 AM   #78  

This is ME in the mornings (only blonde. ) I sleep in warm pj's & socks. I have a thick, furry blanket my SIL brought me from Korea (so warm!). I haven't been that wrapped up, yet, Bluet...you poor thing. Hope you sleep warmer this winter.
I think we're needing a new thread started...hint, hint.... ...Sheila. That's one reason it's taking a long time to load. As Sunny said, a lot of graphics will do it, also. But, I notice it's not near as bad in the morning, when there's not many online, as in the evenings.

Sunny...I DO enjoy being a grandmother. Our big holidays are just a few hours, so it's not too tiring for me. Most of the time spent with grands are one on one. I take turns having "our day" together. The younger ones come over to play with me. The older ones ...(mostly girls) we go shopping, & get our nails done, & to eat, etc. This has always been our tradition. This way, they all get equal attention, & I can choose the day I feel up to it.

I watched the first Survivor series, & enjoyed it. But, lost interest after that.
I think it's a good program, though. May watch another one, sometime.
I'm still praying for your friend.

Morning Sheila...Yes, my grands call me mamaw Charlotte. I think they like the challenge of trying to say "Charlotte" when they're learning to talk. They've all done very well.

We, don't have kitties, as you know. We have horses for our pets. DH is thinking about selling them, though. Work has been very slow, lately, & they're expensive to keep up. Hopefully, things will work out, differently.
The grands that are here every other week, have a black lab retriever, though...Gypsy. Someone poisoned him a couple of days ago. He's gone off, & we can't find him. I'm afraid he's probably dead. Hard to understand why people can be so cruel. That dog would let you beat him to death & not even growl. The girls don't know yet. Maybe he'll turn up ok.

Well....need to go. It's a work day TGIF!!
Everyone have a great day.

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:36 AM   #79  

Smile

Quote:
Post from Sheila53: Well, I went to the doctor today to have her look at my foot, and it appears I have a wart on the bottom of one foot. Isn't that gross? I thought I was too old to have a wart. She froze it today, then I have to scrub the dead skin off and come back in three weeks to get it frozen again. At least it was easier than when I had warts burned off my foot when I was a kid. I remember screaming, and the doctor telling me to quit being such a baby and that I was scaring all the other kids. Who cares? It hurt! I also got a prescription for Actinel, which is the same kind of stuff as Fosamax, for osteoporosis. I was a little annoyed about that because it's been six months since she did the bone density test. The only reason she looked at the results today is because I mentioned that my sister had bone loss and her doctor lowered her thyroid medication. So my doctor finally looks at the bone density test, says, oh, that's interesting, you have no loss in your hips at all, but a definite loss in your spine. Interesting?? I hate it when medical people say that. If she would have looked at the chart before, I could have been on this stuff earlier and prevented any further loss. She did tell me something that you don't hear doctors say anymore. She told me to use more salt. My blood pressure is 100/68, and when I get up I see stars so more sodium should help that.

Today I was really pleased with myself because in addition to my 45 min. of weight lifting and 20 min. of stretching, I did a 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds tape. I also did a 2 mile one on Tuesday in addition to lifting and stretching so I'm at 7 days of cardio now. And it better show up on the scale tomorrow! I've been losing piddly .4 and .6 lbs. recently so I thought I should step up my exercise.
Sheila ~ I totally forgot to mention that I was sorry you had to go through so much to remove that wart, but as you said it is easier then it use to be. And I NEVER heard a Dr. tell anyone to use salt! You have low BP like I do... sometimes mine gets so low it's scary. I have had a BP of 92/65 when normal is 120/80. My hubby gets real concerned because I get so sleepy when it's that low. Did your Dr. mention WHY you have a low BP? It may give me some insight. As for your bone density... that's nothing to take lightly... I am surprised that your Dr. did not say something to you sooner either and put you on meds! Goodness... proves that they are only human and it's important to speak up! Good for you!!!

As for your exercise routine... you are doing SUPER!!! I think you should be so proud of yourself and not worry at all. At least you are not putting it on... and it's still coming off... !!!!!!!!!!!!! I only wish I had done better with my exercise in the last few two weeks... I was doing so well, but I haven't walked in 9 days now not good! I told the walkers thread I am on that I would walk yesterday and then never did... I promise you --- today, I will get in at least 1.5 miles on my T-Mill. This way I WILL do it!

Angel ~ I signed up at that snagables site, but cannot figure out where to go!??????? And do you pay monthly there to get to the threads to check out the graphics? Bummer if you do... I liked your lady in jammies this morning... she looks like me (except for the blue eyes)... I snagged her from you

One-on-one with your GKids is WONDERFUL!!! And I bet that they remember it for a lifetime too! Especially since you made it a tradition ~ I just love traditions The time you spend with them will stay with them a lifetime! That goes for all you Grandma's

You ALL have something in your lives that I will never experience... have fun.

Gotta get back to work...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-22-2004, 05:22 PM   #80  

Hello,

Sunny you are very welcome, I was just so pleased I was able to console you and that I happen to log on not long after your plea for help. You are so sweet, I dreaded knowing you were not happy. Any time I can help you out let me know. I am also glad that you alerted your family and that they are taking care of the problem. Sometimes we become so accustomed to how things are we think nothing is out of the ordinary, until someone standing outside of the box raises an alarm. That was you. Yes, the graphics are probably slowing us down a bit, but heck I like the graphics, they pretty up the place and I enjoy seeing the different pictures and graphics that you guys come up with. I loved the PJ one, isn't she just darling. Those jammies would never be warm enough for me. I hope your weekend is a really good one. I certainly hope the weather is better this weekend. At the moment where I live, it isn't looking too promising.

Sheila, so your Dad didn't share the winning ticket with you, and you could tell stories, couldn't we all. My dad was so tight, and money was so scarce when I was growing up. I was really glad when I turned sixteen and could get a job and make some money I could call my own, what a relief. One evening when I was fourteen years old my Mom told me to go out and look for my brother, who is ten years younger than me, I had on some stupid carpet slippers and was dragging my feet along and tripped on a raised piece of concrete and fell flat on my face and broke one of my front teeth off. I went to the dentist and he said the tooth was dead and he would have to cap it. So he started drilling away on my tooth and I started crying from the pain, he called me a big baby and that he refused to work on me and I should go home and find a different dentist. Of course, I was afraid to go home and tell my parents, but they found me a different dentist and it all worked out in the in. I am still annoyed at my brother, who was always running away when he was little, being the oldest, I always had to watch after him.

Charlotte, Yes it is special to be a grandma, but we are not as young as we used to be. Sometimes I think our kids don't realize that or just plain don't want to admit it. I remember when my Mom turned 55, she let me know that she couldn't handle all the things she used to help me with when my kids were young and we were farming full time. My Mom was always a big help to me. I spoke with three of my kids on the phone today, the receptionist said, when the third child called well, thats three out of four, are we going to hear from the fourth child today? We just laughed the kids hardly ever call me at work. Someone asked me if I have grandkids every weekend and the answer is just about, yes. Grandson next door is usually there helping grandpa with the young stock on Saturday or fixing something or other on the farm. I have eight grandchildren and I will probably have five of those eight at my house for the weekend again. It is hard for me to get my work done, with working 40 or more hours a week and not having my weekends free. Oh well, the kids come first.

Well, the men are road building again tomorrow, so I will probably be cleaning up the same mud in the laundry room again. I am making hamburgers for them with some other things to go along, another busy Saturday.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. Take care all.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:23 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Bluet, I closed my eyes when they opened the cupboard on CSI because you'd mentioned the dead rat with maggots. My DH said they didn't show the maggot, though. Still, I find with that show that I close my eyes a lot, and it's not because I'm sleepy! Your dental story reminds me of a local writer who said where she lived there were two dentists in town--one for the poor folk and one for the rich folk. The "poor" dentist didn't use anesthetic, and the "rich" one did. It's hard to believe some medical caregivers are so callous, doesn't it? Another lively weekend for you. Okay, do grandchildren really keep you young? It sounds more like they keep you tired. We once spent 8 hours with my granddaughter, and it was exhausting and she doesn't even walk.

Love the PJ lady, Charlotte! My DH gave me some long wool socks that I'm wearing under my pants, and I might wear them to bed tonight. I think giving those grandkids individual attention is the way to go. My best friend had five kids, all grown now, and when they were young, her mother would take them out for the afternoon one at a time. Since they never went many places, it was a treat to just go grocery shopping with Gel (they called their GM by her first name, or nickname, I guess) and have that one-on-one attention. I'm sorry about the dog. I hope the girls take it okay.

SunnyD, I love those kitty photos! Aren't they funny the way they like to squeeze into places? Hey, are you getting hairballs from your cats? I keep forgetting to give the Laxatone stuff, and we've been finding lots of hairballs around. Usually we can hear when they start bringing them up, but I guess we haven't been paying as much attention. It certainly gets our attention when we step on one with our bare feet. Oh, I lost 3.6 lbs. this week so the scale was good to me. I'm still a couple ounces short of losing the weight I gained the end of September, though.

Tomorrow and Sunday we're going to go on a remodeled house tour put on by the home remodelers association or some such thing. There are 25 houses in the Seattle metro area. I'm sure we won't hit them all, and they are scattered all around, some an hour's drive, but we're going to try to hit as many as we can. We did this last year and it was great. I don't think I could afford to do the kind of stuff these people do, but it's fun to look at the fancy kitchens, bathrooms, and master suites.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:12 AM   #82  

Good morning everyone...

Glad you all liked my pj girl. Sunny...I have the same girl that says "Good Night", if you want her. The forum you're talking about isn't for just regular conversations, as we have here. But, you can leave short messages. There are several "artists" that make the graphics. Look on the left of the screen where there are different artists names. You can click on one to go into their work. If you find something you want, you post or email & ask for it. It will be emailed to you, or (if you posted) you will receive an email when it's ready, & you go log in...look for your artist & you'll see your username to click on, & receive your graphic. A little different than a lot of places, but very interesting. Then, sometimes they will announce "snaggables". They're few & far between, because most are by request only. No, I don't pay for anything, or I couldn't afford to be there. If you have anymore problems, let me know.
I DO enjoy my grandchildren....I hope it doesn't bother you that we talk about them...it's hard not to, sometimes. We are all blessed in different ways.....I'm mostly blessed in "bunches" of grands.

Sheila...so far the dog hasn't returned. DH says they go off to themselves to either die, or get better. I believe the children will be ok. It's just that their mom & dad have just divorced, & that's been very rough on them. Their pet helped them a lot. As I said, Gypsy would let them do anything to him, & wouldn't complain. He just loved them. I just hope the mom's family didn't do it. You'd have to know these people. Unbelievable. Especially her brother. He'd rather kill their dog, than for them to have something their dad got them. He stays in trouble with the law a lot. He told the oldest (5 yrs) that her dad had her pony up for sale. (We keep it here with our other horses.) She came that week very upset, & it took awhile for us to get her to tell us what was wrong. She was very hurt at her dad...she's had the pony for quite awhile. Our son was in a rage! Those girls are his world, & that pony will never be sold, as long as they want it.I don't know how he ever got involved with them. We sure got 2 sweet little granddaughters out of the marriage, though. Well...didn't mean to go on so.
That tour sounds like fun. We used to go to "open house" of new homes. It was very interesting.

Bluet...My kids call me at the TV Station quite a bit, also. They know if I'm not at home, or answer the cell phone, that I'm there. I'm the secretary, though, so I answer. No one there minds, anyway. In fact, my son's oldest gets off the school bus there in the evenings. It IS amazing. Seems when one calls...all 4 of my kids call in the same day. Most of the time, anyway.

Well, ladies, keep all fingers crossed, & pray. Next weekend all the kids have planned to come over & help us finish the roof! We need sunshine!!!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:32 AM   #83  

Smile

Good Saturday Morning Gals,
Joe is singing this morning at church for a Memorial Service, so I have a bit of time where I can play on the computer before he comes home. When he does come home (around 1ish) we are going out with our pals to the new SAMS CLUB here... they built a new store and I hear it's huge! Then we are going to catch an early dinner out together... it's a beautiful day today!!!

*~*~*

Hi Angel ~ Whew I am so glad that you told me about that site... I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever figure it out I did click onto some of the people on the left side but all their graphics had sigs on them, so I was confused about how it worked. They want close to $60.00 a year for one of their packages Not for me if it ain't FREE Yes, I would like the girl in jammies with the saying "Good-night" so much!!

Not at all!!! I am not bothered in the least with your shared stories of your grandkids In fact, I really enjoy hearing some of what you all do and where you go with them. I thank you for thinking of me, but I am fine - really Keep on sharing away

Hi Sheila ~ You know something... ever since I have given my kitties this snack of wet food at night before bedtime - they don't throw up at all that I see. It's is so nice! They pass allot of the fur now. The snack I give them has fiber for aiding in furballs. Usually in the Spring and the Fall it's bad, but not this year The pouches of wet are from Nutro - Natural Choice - Complete Care. I open ONE pouch at night and Domino likes the gravy, and the two moose's split the pouch of food. Then I fill the two small dishes of DRY food from the same company at night and that's all they get... I don't feed them again till the following night. I feed them at night because they are nocturnal animals, besides that... they leave us alone too ! Now we sleep and they aren't buggin' or begging us in the morning to get up or to be fed... nice!

Yeahhhh, on your 3.6 lbs lost!! I am so happy for you! I haven't budged, but I did get in my 1.5 miles yesterday as I promised you I would

Have a blast going through all those homes!!! I sure wish I were coming along!! I love looking at new homes and watch that HGTV programs all the time --- especially when they remodel kitchens. That's the room I hope to get done next year sometime!

Bluet ~ I am glad that you like the pics and graphics... I will try not to post too many at one time, okay. It does tie it up some and make the loading slower.

So far our weather today is awesome! It's sunny and the colors of the tree's are out of this world!! I think we are at peak... It has been cold and wet all week, so this sunshine is very inviting and great for the spirits! How is your day looking today?

Doing anything special with the GKids today??
Those hamburgers sound delish Joe calls me "Whimpy" (from Popeye) cuz "I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" I LOVE burgers to a fault! Hope you have a great weekend with your family!

I hope you all do!

*~*~*

God Bless you all very much
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-24-2004, 01:17 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Praying for that sunshine, Charlotte!!

Just stopping by to start a new thread so we can have a brand new thread for Monday.

Don't post here! Go to the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...414#post700414
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote