Old 09-21-2004, 09:47 PM   #46  

Hi girls

Just checking in, I know it has been a while. Ds started pre-k, so have been busy with that and all. Tonight I did not do so good eating. Had chili and cornbread, my favorite meal, well I should say one of them . Everyone sounds like they are doing so good.

LEIGH!!!! You are so pretty. You could be like a model like in one of the wedding magazines. I really do mean it! Those are some pics to cherish forever. How is the diet or plan your on going?

Spryng, I have to admit I am having a hard time with CORE. It seems to be restrictive in some ways and eating the same foods alot is hard, kind of like the atkins? I don't know maybe it is just me. But when I am told I can't have certain foods it is binge time for me, yikes! I keep thinking back to what my Grandma said "eat only when hungry and everything and all foods in moderation". She looked 20 years younger than she was when she died. I guess only if it was that easy, what works for one may not work for all. I am kind of don't know what to do. Like tonight I made core cornbread but ate too much, I also have pms and under a bit of stress lately. So I will just have to keep chugging along.

Cyrstal, cut sono pic. I miss being pregnant!

Happy Belated Birthday Baley!! I loved the lady bug cake. sooo cute!

Well time to get ready for bed, I am exhausted. Have a great evening everyone! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:47 PM   #47  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone just a quick post from me since dh needs the computer to do some tests for work. So I got my water in and as a treat for doing that and staying OP all day I had a diet Vanilla Coke with dinner! I am still drinking it now and will continue throughout the night. I need to write thank yous for Bayleys party during the season finales tonight so that's what I will be doing! I will try and get on later to chat with you all but not sure if you will still be here once my shows are over! lOL Had BBQ chicken for dinner with sauted squash and scalloped potatos it was yummy! Ok need to get off this thing for now, hope to be back to get personal before my shows come on but dh will be on here so not sure. Ok enough blabbering!! LOL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:52 PM   #48  

Sorry Jill I spelled Bayley's name wrong , I must be more tired than I thought! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:58 PM   #49  
2BoysMom

Well, hello ladies!!

Leigh...beautiful pictures! You're still beautiful now you know . Glad you had fun at the zoo and it's sooooo much easier to have people come over to your house. It takes me forever just to get stuff together to go visit someone locally let alone staying over somewhere.

Hi Cindi...hoping you have a great night's sleep! Hugs to Christian and congrats to your freshman ds!!

Chris...hope your dd has a better night too. Don't worry about the house...it'll still be there tomorrow!

Deana...it's not just you...for some reason every once in a while the screen gets very wide. It's just sooooooo anoying! It'll go back to normal at some point. Loved your pics too.

Crystal...you're baby's beautiful . Maybe next month he or she will feel like cooperating!

Hi Jill! Come clean my house now!

Mel...I hate to paint ceilings! I always get a neckache!! Hope you're feeling better in the morning.

Hi Michelle....Tony's in bed and Will is pushing all of my buttons tonight . Probably po'd at me for working today...well, he may have to get more used to it! More about that later . Will you quit work (or be back to a more normal schedule) when you start your studies? I don't know how you'll be able to get it all done with working so much. You know you can't leave us out of your day . How're the girls doing? If I didn't say it before...your pictures were beautiful also .

Amy, why were you humiliated last WI? I might have missed that story if you told us . Hope all is better tomorrow.

Spryng.. are the bc pills starting to agree with you better? My mom used to make swiss steak when we were kids...never liked it much. I think it was the texture. Your pumpkin pie sounds good. I love the crust the best too...but I just had some pumpkin dip at the party Saturday that was like crustless pie...well, not really because you dipped ginger snaps into it!

Kristin... get some rest and me time would ya!!! Sheeesh!!

Ricci..glad school's going well. I could never cut hair! I get nervous even when I'm cutting the boys and they don't really care . Hope you get to spend more time with the family soon!!

Penny...that cake is absolutely adorable! You're just sooo talented. Oh Jill I don't think I commented on the ladybug cake..that was great too. I always buy one from the store...so much easier but since the boys bdays are so close we'll have individual cakes on their acutal days. We made cupcakes last year for Will's 3rd and Tony was 1 so he didn't know the difference when he didn't have a separate cake on his special day. He did well enough at the official party .

Hi to anyone I missed...so sorry!

Well...I'm only working 2 days a week 6 hours per day as a temp. If I want I can be a permanent part-timeer and work 3 days 8 hours...the bad part is from mid Feb-April 15th I would have to work full time plus some Saturdays (it's a tax prep/accounting firm). I know my Mom would only watch the boys for 2 days a week so I would have to find someone for the 3rd day and then the 3 days when it's full time. At least I have some time to think about it. I would make more money as a permanent hire. We could use the extra income too. Such decisions we must make . At least there's no huge rush to answer. I told my friend that I would have to find someone for day care before I would agree to it. I was going to look for a permanent part time job at some point and this way I wouldn't have to interview (I hate interviews!) and the people are nice. It's only about a 20 min drive on the freeway too.

Well, I'm going to try to hunt down a wedding photo that I scanned previously..it's of my Mom walking me down the aisle (my Dad passed away in 1996). I haven't scanned in any of the others yet..maybe someday!

Whew...I feel better because I actually got to get personal! Have a great night...I'm off to watch NYPD Blue.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:04 PM   #50  
2BoysMom

OK, here it is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Geri & Mom at wedding.jpg (29.2 KB, 24 views)
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:39 PM   #51  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Kristin: Hope you finally go to see the pics. Are you on your aunt's computer? Did they ever load. Mine are on the msn site too.

Geri: That is so sweet that your mom walked you down the aisle. When I got married second time, my oldest son walked me down the aisle, he was 10 and my other 2 boys were the ring bearers. All western, it was so cute with them in their cowboy hats, boots, jeans and matching shirts. You're beautiful.

Jill: WOOHOO on the water today. Are we on for tomorrow too? I have a Diet Sierra Mist in the fridge for as soon as I finish this last 10 ounces. Supper tonight here was BBQ chicken, they had corn, I had spinach, and rice with diced tomatoes and green chilis. Lots of BBQ going on around the board....lol.

Julie: Have you always been WW? I looked at Atkin's, South Beach and WW before I decided what I wanted to do. I ended up just counting and limiting calories, drinking lots of water, and excercising. My limit is 1500 cals a day. That was I can eat what I want, just in moderation and it's not the same things all the time. Don't know if that helps you or not. I know I like the freedom of it and it's working so far. 8.5 gone in 5 weeks. Of course tom is here so that screwed up EVERYTHING!!!! Good luck finding what works for you.

I might try to make it to chat tonight. Not sure what dh is doing. Right now he's in the gun shop so no telling.....LOL.

If I don't make it, have a great night all and I will talk to you in the morning.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:10 PM   #52  

Finally, I get the computer back! Dh has been on forever! LOL. I just spent the past three hours watching the season finale's to my reality shows.. Big Brother, Amazing Race. I tell myself I'm not going to watch them, but then I get sucked in! Crystal, I swear seeing that sono pic makes me want another one now... I kept my son's sono pic on the fridge forever. I mean, he was like 2 and it was still up there! As far as last weeks TOPS meeting, I think the only person I've told was Penny. It's kinda long and complicated but here goes.. I wasn't planning on attending the meeting b/c ds was sick and I had to pick up his meds at the drugstore which is right by my meeting. I planned on weighing in and leaving, however I was "guilted" into staying for half the meeting b/c it was an awards ceremony. When I did finally have to go this girl yelled out "Have fun watching Survivor!" as if I would lie about my son not feeling well just to go home and watch tv. It was just the way it was said and I don't think I took it out of context, that comment was meant to sting and it did. The group is also all about fundraising and expects everyone to sell 2 boxes of chocolate bars so it will pay for their upcoming trip, which I don't plan on attending. I can't believe a weight loss support group wants to sell candy! That's kind of an oxymoron! Well ladies, I"m off for the night, I'll be back tomorrow and I hope everyone has a good night!

Amy

180/173/140
STG: 169 by Sept. 30th!!!!!!!!!!!
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:14 PM   #53  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default And I thought yall posted a lot yesterday...

Hee hee... you girls have been smoking today.

Hubby is currently working midnights so he got home at 8 this morning and we ended up going back down to Brownsville to lunch and to the zoo. I absolutely LOVE our zoo. It's was fun we are studying turtles in school this week so we got to spend time looking at those and then tomorrow we are going out to South Padre Island to the sea turtle rescue to take in their class and check out the turtles.

Crystal--that looks like a beautiful baby. I can't believe we now have to wait another month to find out the sex.

Spryng--that cheesecake is AWESOME, just absolutely fabulous. Did you and your family plan to do courtship or is that just how it worked out. What a neat engagement story.

Michelle--I agree with whoever posted there couldn't have been a more perfect time to say I love you, what a terrific memory.

Geri--you were a beautiful bride & no I haven't been exercising. I'm still hanging out at the same weight loss (10 lbs) and haven't exercised in weeks. I hope and plan to remedy that tomorrow.

Deana--I love the boots with your dress. I had a friend who always said she was going to wear RED roopers at her wedding.

Leigh--Zoo Atlanta...what fun. I remember going there as a little girl when it was still ''just'' Grant Park and I have fond memories of Willie B I hope we get the time to go there while we are home in October. Your wedding pics are absolutely BEAUTIFUL I love that third one with DH propped up on the railing and what a beautiful engagment story.

Penny--I love your new avatar picture you can tell you've lost weight between that one and the previous one.

Jill--diet vanilla coke=YUMMY, had one of those today. It's hard to find them down here so that was a real treat.

Cyndi--Goooooooooooooooooooooooo LIONS. Yay for your son, and how awesome that as a freshman he is doing so well, you are right by the time he is a senior he will be the best of the best, no doubt. You should be proud.

ok--tomorrow is a starting early and going long so I won't be on much during the day I'll have to catch up tomorrow evening. I hope you girls have a great day. I plan on drinking lots of water...so I'm in for the challenge I'll let you know how much tomorrow night.

QOTD--Let's see Donald and I started dating in August '94 days before he left for CA (he was in the ARMY and was going to DLI (defense language institute) in Monterey Callifornia) he graduated in April of '95 and I flew to Houston to meet his Dad and step mom. We drove back to GA and on April 19,1995 he proposed. We had gone out to Ruby Tuesdays and then were going to church...so he comes around to open my door and had handed me a card before getting out to come around...so I read it and by that time he had opened the door and so I turned to get out and he's there on his knee and asking me me marry him. THEN he kept scolding me for looking at my engagment ring during the service. I'm going to attach a pic here of our wedding

Ok girlies have a great night...hugs and see ya tomorrow evening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wedding.JPG (8.5 KB, 30 views)
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:52 PM   #54  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Leigh,
OMG! Those pictures are just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How incredible!!!!! You are a beautiful lady!

Ricci,
Congrats on the 2 pounds!!!!

Crystal,
Thanks for sharing the baby picture! I notice you keep saying he.....lol hehe

Cindi,
Congrats to ds! That is awesome!!!!!

Jill,
Thanks for the challenge today! I am gonna make a list tomorrow! Thanks to Spryng..... lol and make sure I get the rest of the house done! Did you finish yours? What was for supper? Did you say and I missed it?

Deana,
I just logged into chat but you were gone Sorry I missed you!

Mel,
That proposal is just great! I love it when dh and I have secret code words It make the spark feel like it is still here!

Amy,
Thanks for the challenge today! You got in a workout and a clean house!! WOOHOO!!!

Michelle,
Let me know how the appt went at the lawyer! Does Taylor have Zhaun's last name now? or how does that work? We do have a Light the Night here .... but it is in New Orleans..... A friend is walking in Allie's Name... How is the organizing going??
Well thanks to you.... I have decided to make a difference also! I have contacted the Kidney Foundation here in Louisiana about organizing a Kidney walk..... Wish me luck Thanks again OH BTW, I found a cute witch's hat cookie... It is too cute if you want me to scan it for you.....! It was sooooo easy and sooo cute!!

Kristen,
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that got married after my child was born

Geri,
Get back here woman! We miss you! Get your butt in gear and get that 3.5 pounds off!

Kristen,
Can't wait to see the pics!!!! Thanks for sharing them!

Amy,
I hate to say it but the ole saying is that bad things happen in three's. I pray that your day is much better now!!!!

Hubby and I got engaged while I was a senior in high school! We decided to wait until I was in school and well along the way before getting married... We then got pregnant when I started my first semester. We waited until after Hunter was born to get married...

We didn't really have a real proposal... But I lost my stone out of my ring about a year after we got married.... Hubby just gave me a new one... I wanted to wait until our 5th anniversary and it is next month. I just got a Past Present Future Ring! It is absouletly gorgeous!!!! He proposed with this ring a couple weeks ago It was beautiful.....

We told me how much he loves me and asked if I would still be his wife now and forever

Ok I sure hope I got everybody... My brain is going dead! Have a great night
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:57 PM   #55  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Cheri,
That is so cool about the turtles!

We have two of them! My mom also has two turtles...

We got our from a guy who knows a guy....lol Anyhow, my turtles are the ones that are born to be chopped up to experiment on for diseases and such....

But my two turtles were saved!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow!~
Old 09-21-2004, 11:58 PM   #56  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Amy,
You know my point of view on the TOPS meeting! Hang in there and do this for you!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:49 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Hey ladies!!!

I have to say, I'm leaving this group you are all fashion queens and those wedding pictures are straight out of a magazine!!! I'm sooooooo Jealous, not too sure if I want to post mine lol but as a reward for reaching my goal weight hubby and I are going to get our pictures done in our wedding garb again of course I will get to have my dress resized

Leigh that gown is beautiful but not as beautiful as the lady in it who is she btw jk girl you look mah-vah-lous!!!!

Penny YES!!! I want the cookie thingy!!! Please? Please? I'll be your best friend!! hehe you know you are already!! Oh btw I go back to the doc on friday but this month has been a slow loss month, I've pretty much maintained but I've been lifting weights so that may be it too because I already have 4 more inches in the waist of pants I bought 3 weeks ago!

Geri - It looks like I may be working more often now lol but I have the later night shift 8pm to 1 am. Thanks for the compliments on my pics and your wedding pic is gorgeous as well!!! Like I said above I am soooo JEALOUS!!

Chris I hope you get some sleep tonight!! Hang in there girly!!

Julie great to see a post from you girly!!

Spryng is dh home this weekend? Any big plans?

Ok I decided I'll post a wedding pic (don't laugh) LOL

My mom made my bouquet with dried roses that dh had given to me while we were dating, so it made my bouquet more special to me I also still have it. My mother also made my veil she hand sewed ribbon trim on the bottom and little pearls all over it. It was so beautiful!! Who ever said they had a western theme wedding Deana I think it was you, well we had a western theme as well, we were married on a working horse ranch and had valets on horseback and a country music dj and BBQ ribs and chicken and burgers and dogs with all the fixings (beans, slaw, potatoes, salad rolls) I loved it!! We were supposed to take a sunset horseback ride after the reception but we were too tired! So we passed and went to the hotel.

Deana btw you also looked gorgeous!!

I know I'm missing people and I'm sorry!! I'm just hurrying through this as I"m at work lol.
Ok I need to get back to work!
TTYL!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:41 AM   #58  
Curves 6-week solution

Ok I just have to say that everyone's wedding photos are so beautiful!! I am having my mom scan one of mine tomorrow and I will try to post it but something weird has been happening to pics my mom sends so we will see what happens.

It's late and I know most of you don't read the night before but I wanted to say that I hope those of you that didn't have good days will have better days tomorrow and for those of you that need to clean I am here for you to do flylady! LOL I still have a little to do but I'm sure I can find plenty if I just look hard enough! Hope you all sleep well and I will chat with ya in the AM!! TTYL
Old 09-22-2004, 02:22 AM   #59  
Curves 6-week solution

Ok here are a couple of party pics I thought were cute!

Old 09-22-2004, 02:45 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

OMG!!!! She is sooooooooo CUTE!!!!! Bayley you are a doll!!! Hope you had a great time on your first birthday sweetie!!

Oh yeah I wanted to post a pic of Taylor with the gift penny sent her she LOVES it!!!!

Yeah yeah she looks like a ragamuffin but that's my girl lol

Oh yeah Jill I am soooo Jealous of Bayleys hair!! Teagan has enough for a little tiny ponytail lol but thats it. Bayley also has GORGEOUS eyes!!

Ok I need to start closing up the office so I can go home!!
Love to all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote