Old 09-21-2004, 07:54 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default SAHM's #253 Tuesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:03 AM   #2  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning ladies.

Hope everyone had a great night. Wasn't sure if I could start a new thread so I gave it a try and woohoo I did it.

Ok, WI this morning.......I actually saw a loss , only .5 but it's a loss none the less. Between tom and eating bad last night, I'm in shock.

Have to get dh up this morning so we can take his truck in for a new exhaust and inspection. Just going to drop it off. Then I have to get back here and get some things done. I will get personal later after everyone has posted something.

TUESDAY WATER CHALLENGE: 100 OZ......come on, we can all do it.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:38 AM   #3  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning Ladies

Hi there ladies. I'm getting a later start this morning because dh didn't need to get up early, therefore, I didn't want to either.

Deana, WTG on that loss. You are right a loss is a loss is a loss. Keep it up.

Cindi, how is Christian? How did you sleep? I won't be around today for a challenge, but I will try to catch up on one later this week.

Penny, that cake is too cute. I've always wanted to decorate cakes, but it's hard work and then I'd lick my fingers too much, lol.

Michelle, man o man you can see the difference in those pictures. We are so proud of you. You have beautful hair.

Spryng, where ya at girly?

Hello to Jaymi, Cheri, Amy, Ricci, Geri, Ginny, Mel and everyone else out there in sahm world.

Okay, did any of you have a problem with your pubic bone when you were pregnant? I did the last month of my first pregnancy, almost the entire second pregnancy and with Andrew it started at like 5 months. And I could tell last night when I got out of bed it's starting again. It is the absolute worst thing ever. Hurts, hurts, hurts. My last pregnancy I was able to go to the chiropractor and pay only my copay, but since I'm about to lose my insurance I don't guess it should be worth it. And that's only a temporary fix anyways. Just curious if any of you had that problem.
Today I'm 21 weeks and its SONO day, YEAH!!! I don't think we'll school, in fact Andrew woke up kind of late which means he'll want a nap AFTER lunch which is when I needed to leave, so I think we'll leave early and maybe he can get a nap at the office with my mil.
Okay, I've gotta start breakfast, I'm hungry. Hope you all had a great night and I'll try to be around later on before I leave. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:51 AM   #4  
SAHM, HSM

Good morning! I missed posting with you all yesterday, but I read and feel somewhat up-to-date (ya'll sure move fast!) pumpkin pies, sonograms (GL, Crystal! How exciting!), scouts, taco salads, bloated diapers (Lol!!).

After schoolwork yesterday we went to Mom's and started getting utilities changed over, more boxes packed, went through some old boxes of stuff I had over there. WOW! Prom pics, old boyfriend pics (hubba hubba), old posters and paraphenalia that used to be on my walls! I hadn't seen some of these pictures in FOREVER and can't get over how little I was - and of course in a teenage girl's mentality, I used to think I was big (wearing size 12 jeans so they'd be really baggy and hide my body?!?! what was that all about? - I'd kill to get in TIGHT size 12 now)!! I'd bring them home for incentive, but I don't think dh wants pics of me w/other guys on my fridge Lol!!

Same thing for at least the next 2-3 weeks - school, go to Mom's, come home and whip up a quick dinner, frantically clean, then start the same thing over again. I'll try to keep up with you all as best I can - it's so great here, I don't want to get lost!! I'll at least be doing with water challenge with you, 30 oz. so far today!

Have a wonderful day, Everyone!
AuntieEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:55 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies...

Deana,
Congrats on the Loss
That is awesome Keep up the great work!!!!

Crystal,
I am so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about the baby!!!! Is hubby going?
My hubby went only b/c he wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to trick him on the sex......lol

Michelle,
All I can say is POWDOWWWWWW!!!!!! LOL You are looking mighty fine lady How beautiful you are The kids are cute too but I just can't get over how great you look!!!!! CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!!! I am glad you are organizing the Light the Night! Great Job! I knew you would be great at it Did you ever talk to the area businessess? I want to get involved with the community more. I believe I am going to do some research on childhood kidney disorders.

Well I bought the Firm 3 pk dvd last night.... Shh.. Don't tell hubby! I didn't want to open it until I got some feedback from you ladies........ How good is it ???? Just alot of money if it's not good!

Hi to all you ladies Have a good day
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:57 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Emily ,

Sorry I missed your post! It does sound like you will be running around crazy! Congrats on the water so far! 30 oz WOW! Great!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:08 AM   #7  
2BoysMom

Quick good morning AGAIN! Off to work in a few but had to say hi. Well, I only gained 3.5 in the past 3 weeks and not the 5 that I was fearing. Not good anyway .

I WILL be back later!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:23 AM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Hi all I am still here But yesterday was soooo busy and today Liam and I are going to the zoo with my friend, her daughter, and her new baby (the one I posted about before).

But I wanted to log on quickly to say hi. Also, I know today is the big sonogram for Crystal and I can't wait to see how that goes

I swear I am going to try and catch up a bit tonight . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Well I made myself get in bed early last night and my body is thanking me this morning! PLanned for today... cleaning, again. I know this is a common thought from me because I have yet to complete anything!!! But I'm going to write out a list of things I want to get done today and DO THEM! Maybe seeing them all checked off will get me to get it done. Dinner tonight will be swiss steaks in the crockpot, not sure what I'll have with them yet.

I think I have the QOTD today, so here it is: how did your DH propose to you? (or you to him if that was the case) and give all the details of that day!

Answer: My dh and I didn't date very long (as you all know) and I came from parents that demanded chaperones... so we were never alone, AT ALL! Always had someone responsible with us to make sure we were being chaste little christians, lol (I am saying this in a good way, we loved it this way) Anyway, one day we had dinner plans and plans to see Titanic at the theater so we doubled up with a married couple we were friends with and went with them. On the way there we made a stop at another married friends house because the couple we were with said they needed to drop off a camera. So we went in, which I thought was odd because we had dinner reservations and didn't have time to goof around. But I went in too. We all sat around chatting and I was getting curious, and then the friend who lived in that house told me and Joe (my dh) to go outside and look at her new birdhouses (she was a birdhouse freak!) and I thought, WHAT!!!? We were never told to go anywhere ALONE! So I knew right then what was happening and they were all in on it. I got instantly nervous and my heart was racing. But I went outside with Joe and we didn't stop at any of the birdhouses, lol... he walked me over to their big beautiful pond (they have a beauitful home and land) and on the pond is a gorgeous bridge... he walked me onto the bridge and then stopped. I could tell he was about to cry. He couldn't even speak, lol. He just turned around and blurted, Will you marry me? And he had the ring pulled out. I said, Of course I will and laughed (happy laugh, lol) he slipped the ring on my finger and hugged me up into a huge hug! I heard cheering coming from the house and flashes of cameras, lol. Our friends were at a window watching the whole thing. The rest of the night was a blur. We had dinner, watched that movie, Dh told me he had a whole speach prepared for me but was so teary he knew he'd never make it through it without crying, lol. We had our first kiss that night. (my parents were strict about those things and wanted us to wait until we were engaged to kiss show affection, and me being the good girl, lol... obeyed.but now it has alot of meaning for me) It was a perfect day. We were married 3 weeks later, lol. And that was a perfect day too! But another story, lol.

Penny, I Hope you like your Firm workouts! I know I love mine (when I actually do them!) they will make your legs spaghetti so take it easy at first and don't use weights at first, ok? Just learn the routines and then add as you go or you'll regret it the next day, lol.

Em, I love going through old memories!! In fact I found some of my dh's the other day. I have no idea how long we've had them but he was a little boy when he wrote that stuff. I found letters from his friends (which was so funny to read because I know them as men now) I found wish lists, pictures, etc. It was cool.

Crystal, I'll be waiting in suspense for your ultrasound!!! Let it be a girl!!! And yes, my pubic bone killed me during Tanner's pregnancy. It would get out of place and then POP back into place when I'd get up out of bed and that about killed me a few times. I would cry and cry and be afraid to lay down because I didn't want it to happen again. I hope yours don't give you that kind of problem. And I didn't quite understand your comment to me yesterday
Quote:
Spryng, my favorite part of any pie is the crust and i don't like pumpkin pie anyways. But glad you enjoyed it, when you're not used to a good treat anything is nice.
the way I read it meant I never have anything good so I'll settle for a bad dessert because it would be a treat to me? I know this isn't how you intended it to come out right? LOL! it's so hard to decipher emotions through typing, lol. So I just wanted to let you know how that came off to me, lol. But no hard feelings.

Deana, congrats on the loss!!! That is great!

Michelle, I'm so happy you posted an updated pic!! You can really see a difference! How much have you lost since the last picture? How did you get you pictures on there without them being an attachment? And I'm glad your dh was able to help me out too! I appreciated it. I can't wait for the memory to get here so I can play my SIMS 2 again! And that is so neat about the light the night walk! I hope you raise lots of money and if I was there I'd walk with you!!!

Cindi, you poor girl! You need some rest! I think our families need a rude awakening every now and then, don't you? I hope you got through to them and get some help around there. I wish my dh would leave my "hot bod" alone too, lol. Maybe I should lay down the law, lol.

Penny, that cake is cute! You ladies are crafty bakers! When I make a cake it's the standard cake... no frills, lol. I want to take up baking so badly but I know better... I'll eat it all! Last night me and the kids finished off that pumpkin pie! Every bite! It was so tasty! Thankfully it won't do any damage since it was Core friendly and even if I was counting pts it was only 4 total (for the whole pie) so no damage done, lol.

Jill, which season premiers did you watch last night? I taped csi miami and watched it this morning. It was ok. I don't really follow that show so it wasn't sad to me. I like the original CSI the best. I love Grissom.

Chrily, hope your little one gets better fast! I bet you are worn out today.

Cheri, pumpkin cheese cake?! YUM!! That sounds decadent! I love any kind of cheesecake, lol. What are you up to today?

Kristin, sounds like you have a great attitude about everything. I hope that if you are not pregnant right now you will be very soon so keep "trying" ok?! LOL! and make sure you make it fun! I know when we were trying for Tanner it could feel like a chore (not to my dh, lol) so I had to spice it up all the time, lol. Are you sure your BMI was 34%?? I thought only your body fat could be a percent... like my BMI is 22 I think, my body fat percentage is like 30% or something. I have updated it in awhile. Just curious.

Well, I'm getting off here TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:54 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all...I have high hopes for this day. Hopefully my daughter feels better. DH stayed home because of the long night we had with her last night, so when I took the kids to school, I got in some extra walking time. I walked for 30 minutes. I wish I could get outside more. I love to walk but I need some scenery, not the same 4 walls around me. Plus it rained yesterday and frosted last night so the air smelled so good.

Crystal-good luck with the Sono and all that water you have to drink. I think that is just some kind of torture developed by doctors. Its hard enough to hold it when your pregnant, let alone add 32 oz. to it.

Watkinsguru-My pubic bone hurt alot on my last baby and so did my hips. It hurt to walk, roll over in bed, etc. When she was born though, she had a bruise on her head. I think I just carried her low to begin with.

Well, have a great day. Must attack the house while I still feel like it.

Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:19 AM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, no, no, no I didn't mean it that way. I know that when I'm really watching what I eat it's hard to find a dessert that makes your mouth water like, say chocolate cake and chocolate icing or whatever. And you (not you, just you in general), tend to change your taste buds to enjoy lots more knowing it's better for you. And most people think that when you diet you can't enjoy something good, but you prove that wrong. I hope that cleared it up.
My pubic bones hurts worse and worse with each pregnancy and Andrew's pregnancy was the worst so I can't imagine it getting much worse. I would cry in bed just trying to turn over or getting up or changing clothes when you have to balance on one leg. Oh I'm so not looking forward to that.

QOTD: dh was only 16 when he proposed and we hadn't dated long, but I actually knew it was coming, he wasn't good at hiding it although he thought he was so I never told him that I knew. I just went with the flow. We had our first eye to eye contact and almost kiss at this park in town one night, but I was dating his best friend so he wouldn't kiss me but that's when he says he knew he loved me so he had taken me back there. We stopped first and he got me a single white rose and then we went there and it was quick. It was sweet, we were alone and it was dark and a beautiful night so it was definitely sweet. He got on one knee and all the works.

Okay, gotta dry my hair and get myself dressed for the doc. I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:28 AM   #12  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Wink Morning Chicks!

I will eat well from this point on. I am going to do Core as much as I can, I forget I can use points for stuff that isn't. I think that if I focus on doing that most of the time, it will be easy. Also, if I don't have something Core due to time constraints, budget, etc. I will still be in better shape than I am now, because I am on plan more often than not. Does that make any sense? I guess it means I am babystepping into it.

Spryng, I got teary over your proposal story(lack of sleep will do that to ya). Mine wasn't anything special, neither of us can remember a romantic proposal, LOL! But I got some really nice rings out of the deal!!

Crystal, Last night wasn't much better, but Christian seems better today than he has in a few. He is to the point when he hurts, he tells me and brings me his pain medicine! Which is bettter than the wrestling matches we were having, but he makes me feel so sorry for him when he does it. I will be cleaning lots this week, so you can catch me anytime you have time. Hope that ultrasound says it's a boy, so you can have 2 of each!!

I am in on the water, Deana and the rest of you!

Michelle...or someone who is a cyber diva enough to answer this. I had a pic of Hope I scanned(her school pic), but it says it's too big to post. Can I do anything to change it so I can add it to a post??? Your pics are very inspiring! I have had a rough month and you make me want to get back on the program and ask doc for meds no matter how much they cost so I can look like a hottie too! Then I could post some pics too, if I ever figure out how!!

Leigh...We miss you, but have a great time at the zoo!

Geri...Hurry back!

I will be doing Mount Washmore, giving Christian a bath, and mopping the floors a day late! I will let you all know how I progress...I need to post it so I will really do it!!

Jill..wake up and join me!!

Emily...This really is a true SAHM forum when I see the description of yesterdays posts you typed!! Glad you are getting things done! Enjoy this lovely weather!!

I will also walk my 3 miles tonight! So I need to make an early dinner. What it will be...who knows. I bought a bunch of cabbage on sale, so maybe I will get creative with it and see who likes it. I love to cook, which can be and usually is a problem for someone like me.

Back in a flash with a long list of accomplishments for the day!

Love to all chickies, even those I didn't mention. Forgive me, I am not as sharp as I use to be! LOL!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I back for a sec. Can't decided what I want to eat. I haven't had breakfast yet and now it's getting close to lunch, but I just don't know what I want! LOL! Maybe if my salad is still good I can make a big chicken salad with some chopped egg and all that in it... ok now that is sounding better.

Crystal, I know you didn't mean it the way it came out, lol. Like I said, it's so hard to tell what people mean when you are just reading words on a page, you know? But I knew you meant something else and now I know! LOL! Thanks for clearing that up. But I do know what you mean about taste buds changing. I love pie crust alot and having a crustless pie would have been torture a couple years ago and now I ate it like it was an expensive wedding cake! LOL! But I do think it was very good. But yes, while dieting and striving for healthier lifestyles we do give up old stuff and make room for new, and that definitely includes our food. Oh I hope you don't have problems like before with your pubic bone! It' funny because I had forgot all about mine until you mentioned it. It's funny how we tend to forget some of the bad stuff in pregnancy and then get pregnant again and it all rushes back, huh? I guess we are designed that way so we would have more than one baby, lol. Enjoy your appointment! I just found out my cousin is finding out what she is having today also! She is due one week before you so that is so exciting too!

Cindi, babysteps are the best way to go! Ease into healthier eating and you will be more apt to make long term changes that will stick with you. I am here for you!! The only thing I can tell you about posting that pic is to find a program that will let you resize it. I have fxFoto (free to download off the net) and I use it mainly for resizing for this site. I just put my pictures in it and then when I save it to a folder on my desktop it will have the size under the picture and you can just put in a different number and then you can upload that pic from the folder you save it into onto this site. I hope that made some sense. But yes, Michelle is the computer guru so she may know an easier way! lol.

Chris, so glad you got a walk in today and I hope your dd feels better soon.

Well, need to get off here again and go eat and then start cleaning. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:09 PM   #14  

Hey all, I'm major busy today. I just finished painting the upstairs bathroom. I never painted ceilings before. MY NECK IS KILLING ME. The rest was no biggie, I paint all the time.

Just to answer Crystal's question. My pubic bone hurt alot too especially when the measured and pushed there to feel the bottom of the uterus. THe dr told me that the pubic bone actually slowly breaks open to allow for expansion of the pelvis. How do ya like that? That's why it hurts.

Be back later to get personal with the rest of you. I have to get back to my cleaning up here.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:10 PM   #15  
soontobethin

Good morning. I have drank 64 oz of water already today. I am also starting the second part of my lab study. Not really looking foward to it, because right now I get to see dh and my oldest for about an hour a day, and for the next three weeks, I will only see them for about 20 minutes every other day. School is going good, but next time your at the salon and think you can do whatever hair thing they are doing to you,or they are charging you too much,please rethink that. It's NOT easy, and the prices are usually pretty reasonable.
Anyway, sounds like everyone is doing good. Last week I did something different with my diet. I decided that for a week I wasn't going to worry about what I ate. I lost 2 lbs. I won't do that evey week, but it was nice not to worry.
Qotd: Dh proposed to me at 2 am in the bedroom. He came home from work,and on his way decided to propose to me. He bought me a rose, and then woke me up. Not really romantic. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote