Old 09-13-2004, 03:31 PM   #16  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Ok and don't forget to watch OPRAH today, there is a huge surprise!!!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:18 PM   #17  
Walking away the weight

Happy evening! Liam is napping ALways a beautiful thing. We did very well at the grocery store, so all in all it's been a great day LOL. Duncan finally ate his food, so I guess he's feeling better too.

Geri- Woo-Hoo!!! We've missed you so much We must know every last detail of your trip.

Deana- on doing 3 miles! Now that's impressive.

Crystal- well, I pmd you as you know, but ((hugs)) to you. Do ya'll go to church? If so, you could always talk to a pastor for support. I do think you're at a turning point. But surely DH knows sometimes dreams can change. Maybe you can slip in tiny portions of your new goals over a long perios of time so he can slowly get used to them?

Penny- will ya'll need to evacuate? You can always head up to Atlanta. I'm thinking of you. DH was sent to Mobile, AL.

Jill- I missed the first 20 minutes of Oprah- did she give everyone in the audience a car??????? If so, that's insanely generous. I cried at that foster family . . . and also the girl she gave the scholarship to.

Well, as you've noticed from my wanting to purchase Avon stuff. Since Liam's birth, I really haven't taken very good care of my skin or anything. I generally get ready in about five minutes (including getting dressed LOL), throw my hair up and start the day. And at night, I'm so tired I'm not motivated to do much skincare then either. But I finally decided that I need to take care of me too so I'm adding five minutes to my morning and evening routines to take care of skin, etc.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:29 PM   #18  
jae

Hi Girls!

It's been so long since I've posted, but I have been busy. Well, good news: I was having such a hard time finding someone to watch Dominic and I didn't want to leave him, and even though I like my out of the house job--I love my job as a mom so much more! My sweet dh came in one day and was watching me with Dominic and said "I can't see how anyone could take better care of him than you, I think you should stay home with him." I was shocked and excited, but still a little scared about the finances. Oh well, I know the Lord will provide. I'm so glad that I can be a stay at home mom for my sweet boy!

Mel, Dominic's dr put him on Zantac and I had to get it through a prescription. Do they have OTC childrens antacids? I'll bet if you call a pharmacist they would be able to tell you where to get it, or even order it for you. (I had to ask our local Walgreens to special order D's formula. One day I was out and there was only 2 cans in the whole town I live in!) Drugstores don't seem to have a problem ordering for customers.

Penny, You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Deana, Good for you walking the whole 3 miles!! I dusted my video off today, but now I have to actually put it into the VCR!

Crystal, Pregnancy is so hard! All the hormones raging! I hope they calm down for you and your day gets better.

I hope everyone has a great evening.

TTYL! ~j
jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:34 PM   #19  
Curves 6-week solution

Leigh!!!!!! Why I outta...................................I'm on the west coast!! I haven't seen it yet!! No more spoiling!!! LOL Cindi was IMing me earlier and teasing me cause she read somewhere what was on the show and I was like "dont tell me!!" then Leigh comes along! LOL Oh well I'm sure there are more surprises that I didn't read about! Anyway Bayleys cake is coming along ok, I will take a picture of the final one to show you all and I'm sure there will be more pictures as well. I can't wait for her party, I think it will be fun, however it is showing rain on Sunday and we are having it outside at the park so we'll see what happens, luckily our house is across the street so we could move it inside if we needed to I guess, there are just so many people and I have a small house. Well I hope you all are doing well, no one is really posting after the burst this morning. I guess I scared y'all off, well except for Leigh. Oh and by the way Leigh where in Georgia do you live? I had some friends over on Sat. and they moved from Kennesaw (sp?) and I was telling them about this great group of girls and mentioned you were from Georgia and they were wondering where from, you don't have to post it here if you dont want, you know for safety reasons or whatever but pm me if you can so I can share with them, I think they are homesick Well the dh is but the wife is my friend from high school so she is at home here. Anyway enough of that I am going to get some laundry going. TTYL!
Old 09-13-2004, 05:40 PM   #20  
Walking away the weight

OMG, Jill!!!! I'm so sorry!!! I thought you were saying watch it because you were watching it too at the same time!!!! I'm sorry But I didn't see the beginning, so I'm not positive that's what was going on. I feel terrible now . . .

Jae- how wonderful that you get to stay home!
Old 09-13-2004, 05:46 PM   #21  
Curves 6-week solution

Leigh totally don't feel bad!! I was laughing the whole time I was writing that post! It was all in fun!! I just hate being on the west coast sometimes cause everything happens last here! I can't wait to watch it though, I need to get on her show one of these days! Ok have a great night!! TTYL
Old 09-13-2004, 06:27 PM   #22  
Walking away the weight

I still feel bad, Jill
Crystal, I keep forgetting to ask, do you have an ultrasound coming up when youu might find out if the baby is a boy or girl?
Old 09-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #23  
SAHM of 3

Leigh, my sono is next tuesday. Suppose to find out what it is. I'll be 5 months tomorrow so by next week, they should definitely know what it is.

Jill, Oprah was sooooo good. I just love her. I had tears in my eyes. I guess I can say that because you're fixing to watch it and probably won't see this until afterwards.

I'm having some dinner then I'll clean the kitchen. I'll try to be back around later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening ladies! So sorry I have been MIA.
Dh just now left out. We've been going non-stop while he was home and my eating was terrible this weekend (starting to be a big problem with me) but I just felt so hungry (maybe it's this darn TOM... I'm much much heavier than usual this time) But tomorrow is a new day with a fresh start, right?
Lets see... Tanner got his first hair cut last night! I took a pic this morning and will post one soon. He is also officially broke from the bottle, that happened a few days ago. My baby is no longer a baby!!!! Crystal can I come spoil yours when she/he is born??
Job hunting has been hard for my DH. He put in his application at a local insurance place here for customer service rep and I'm hoping and praying that happens... they have great pay and benefits and is only 10 min away so it will be great on gas. Other than that there wasn't much out there. But he will be taking his week vacation at the end of this month to look more if he hasn't heard from that one first. So keep us in your thoughts please!!
I think that is about all that is new with me. Boring huh?? LOL.
Well, Tanner is cranky tonight, I think he has a sour stomach and has been really clingy so I need to get off here to hold him again. But I will be on tonight and maybe we can do a chat tonight??? I'm up for one if anyone else would like one too!! I've missed you all and Geri so glad you are home now!!! Details we need DEATAILS!!!!
TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:00 PM   #25  
Curves 6-week solution

I'm up for chat tonight!! I'll be on a little later after I eat dinner!! TTYL! OPRAH IS AWESOME!! I'll talk more about that later too!!
Old 09-13-2004, 08:04 PM   #26  
2BoysMom

OK, I have a few minutes so I can post!

Spryng...why is dh looking for a job ??? I need to go back and read up some...but I'll never catch up....so you'll just have to repeat yourself for me!! Anyone else have anything to tell me???

OMG! I'm so very happy to be out of the car. We left Corpus Saturday morning at 9 am and made it as far as Malvern, AR (about an hour south of Little Rock) then drove all the way home and got in around 11 last night. Dh keeps saying how horrible the boys were...well I keep telling him that they were great considering they were trapped in the car for about 4 days total!! Tony only had 2 meltdowns and Will had several small ones. Thank God for the portable DVD player. I highly recommend them to anyone who is going to travel!!

Austin was nice. We pretty much just hung out and swam in the subdivision pool. Went out to eat a couple of times...had way too much fast food and snacky stuff! We never went to the Alamo because with the kids I didn't think it would be worth the trip. I really wanted to see the riverwalk in San Antonio but couldn't see making the boys ride in the car for something I wanted to see you know? They were having fun chasing SIL's cats around and swiming in the big pool.

We headed for Corpus on Tuesday. We stayed in a La Quinta suite which was OK and was in a busy area so everything was convenient. The ocean was about 15 miles away. We spent Wednesday and Friday at the beach in the state park on Padre Island... I forget the name of the beach right now...still very tired . If we ever go back we'll rent a condo on Mustang Island...drove through there and it was awsome! Took a short ferry ride that the boys loved...went to the Aquarium... Dh & I went out for a nice dinner ALONE (thanks Mom!!) on Friday.... it was very nice all in all. I have a few pictures but haven't had the time to download them. Today was unpacking and laundry day and trying to go through the mail so I can pay bills. Also went grocery shopping. Will head to bed early tonight (hopefully) cause by the time the boys settled down it was about 1am.

Really missed checking in with you all week long. I'll try to go back and catch up some but will just skim and miss most of it.

I skipped TOPS and WI tonight...just too tired and didn't want to get bummed out after vacation. Tomorrow I will be back to my daily exercise and hopefully eating better. Tonight is the Packer game on Monday night football so it's chips and salsa and guacamole. Hey I know you all think I'm a lush anyway but my SIL told me about this Margarita mix that comes in a bucket...you add a bottle of tequilla and put it in the freezer and then just scoop some in a glass when you want some... had to buy some today (never heard of it) but it probably wont be slushy enough by football time. Had a couple with her at her house and they were really good. I'm easily impressed . So...anytime you ladies want to come by...I'll have the drinks ready .

Penny... keeping you in my prayers that Ivan will miss you!!! Thanks for the note...it was the ONLY piece of good mail that I got while I was gone!!

Take care ladies...I'll be back tomorrow. Love ya!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:06 PM   #27  
2BoysMom

I did get some exercise... Tony had NO FEAR at the ocean. He thought it was the greatest thing to go running into the waves. He was soooo cute...but I did a lot of chasing.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:42 PM   #28  
SAHM of 3

Geri, so glad you are back. It really was wierd without you posting each day. Glad you had lots and lots of fun.

Jill, glad you enjoyed Oprah.

Spryng, glad you're back in action. Have you thought about how you'll handle eating when dh is home all the time? I'm sure you have, just thought I'd ask. Sorry TOM is so annoying right now. But so is my pregnancy.

Okay, kids are in bed. I'm gonna enjoy a snack and hopefully get to bed too.

TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:04 PM   #29  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Wow Geri, sounds like you all were really busy but had a good time. That's so funny about Tony running into the waves. Glad you had fun.

Crystal: Good luck with the sono next week.

Spryng: Good to hear you had a great weekend with dh. Will keep his job hunting in my thoughts. Did you see my post about being in Spring Hill on Thursday? How far is that for you?

Well gotta get kids to bed and try to get some more done around here. See you all in the morning.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:50 PM   #30  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI Ladies!

Thanks for all the concern... We will know more as of tomorrow...

But for now.... I went to Walmart to get groceries..... and there was NO BREAD! NO EGGS! NO WATER! NO BATTERIES! NO SPAGETTOS! NO TUNA!.....

Need I say more! I had to leave my buggy and walk .... well wade through the people on the aisle. I waiting 30 minutes just to check out!

Well you get the pic.....lol And no body even knows which way it is going yet...

ALL OF NEW ORLEANS AREA is under a volunteer evacuation. New Orleans is below sea level here. And they are preparing early. A good friend lives there and she is headed to Memphis tonight just in case.

Anyhow... I am just so stressed over this storm...

Crystal,
Can't wait to hear about the sono!

Leigh,
I know exactly how you feel about the skin care. I do have the Avon set. It is really good and my skin feels sooo good. Just like the stretch mark smoother. It can't work unless I use it.....lol

Julie,
I am so excited for you to continue to stay home!!!

Geri,
WELCOME BACK! We really missed you! YW on the card.

Jill,
Thanks for all the support from you. I am so hoping we won't get this storm too badly. We are only 1 hr from New Orleans.

Spryng,
I will keep dh in my prayers in hopes that he does get a local job. That will totally throw off your plan. He better learn to like healthy food

Well I might get back on here in a little while but for now I am gonna get a list together of things I need to do just in case. We have so much stuff in our yard, patio set, motorbike, boat, hubby has work trailers for hauling, swing sets, etc. Anyhow...

Have a great evening!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote