Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 01:02 PM   #31  
Momma Frog

Hi all!! Just a quick postie. I know I don't post nearly as much as I should. I believe it's been a month since I've been on here.

We only have a week and a half left until my due date. Got checked yesterday and we are only a fingertip dialated. I'm ready to have this baby already!!! I'm HUGE and I'm so tired physically.

I hope all of you are doing great. I'll keep reading your posts!
Old 09-09-2004, 01:58 PM   #32  
deleted2

Thanks for the check in, Frogger! How exciting!!!!

The rains have passed, and the weather's beautiful, nice and temperate. I'm so ready for Fall. I still have to get the garden 'put to bed' yet. The last thing left in the garden are peppers, and they're going to be coming on strong by next week. Have to find recipes!

Arabella, I so agree with you about choices, moods and foods, etc. It's always distressing to me to go off my program, because I know better. Just last night I ate a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips like a crazy woman--so NOT like me. So what is going on? I really feel it's my old tape of 'who do you think you are, little missy?' Always kicks in when things are going really, really well. Today I feel strong and am ready to move forward. All digits crossed!
By the way, my class starts October 5th. I already have 10 people signed up!

If it's okay I may start posting my food journal here. I like sharing that and getting the feedback from others. Speaking of "feed", I'm suddenly very hungry. Will go have something healthy, of course!

Amarantha, hocus pocus focus focus!!!

Old 09-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #33  

Great hearing from you, Empress, and even greater that you are down four pounds! Huzzah!!
Old 09-09-2004, 08:20 PM   #34  
deleted2

Default Food/Exercise for Thursday

coffee w/ fat-free 1/2 and 1/2
2 whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter, strawberry jam
1/2 banana

Salad [lettuce, vegs, soy 'chicken', ff Italian]
100-calorie pk. wheat thins
1 pk granola bites

veg.-lentil soup
ww tortilla w/ lite swiss, spinach, onion, carrots, peppers
1/2 banana w/ tiny blob of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff

snacks: coffee w/ ff 12/ and 1/2**choc. bran muffin
low-fat ice cream sandwich

calories: 1555
water: 8 glasses
exercise: 40 min. bellydance video
25 min. Pilates
15 min. yoga

Old 09-09-2004, 11:37 PM   #35  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Anagram!

Great menu, Eydie!

Huzzah!
Old 09-10-2004, 05:54 AM   #36  

So, OK, it's official. According to my doctor's scale I have not lost any wt. since June. Plus it weighs 3 lbs more than mine (no surprise) so that means I haven't really lost almost 50 lbs. It's 46 lbs as of yesterday. I think I'll use his as my "official" wt and my scale just for keeping me on track.

Of course, I know I did lose five lbs in that time. The five lbs I put on overnight right after that visit because he added a new medicine. But in the final analysis that doesn't count because it's the final line that matters. And I've got to remember I am healthier because I've been making more healthy choices than I would have made at one time.

Up WAY early again today. Going to pool. This will only be twice this week so need to get in some other good movement.

Eydie, one of the good things about the quiet at home day was that I talked dh into going through some old papers of his and then he did another box yesterday. I've been really pleased with my progress on this front lately and those two boxes help a lot as well.

DS coming home this weekend. Sans DDIL. I love to see her but he has not come alone very often and I savor that special time as well. Also hoping to get some computer help from him - and maybe a little physical chore or two . Anyway, he'll be the fun in my life for a few days.

Morning paper calling me. Still dark but was very peaceful and STARLIT outside this a.m. It's been so rainy/cloudy lately I'd almost forgotten starlight.

Wishing you a good one!
Old 09-10-2004, 06:49 AM   #37  

Hello all!

Well, all I can say is... I was definitely out of control last night... the peanutbutter jar and I .... If I didnt use all my flexpts, I'd be suprised...
I knew the pts were there but what I also knew was that I was reacting to stress.....
I went to bed to get myself away from the kitchen but not until I had 3 peanutbutter sandwiches....

Now I can only hope that I don't have sugar/carb cravings for the next couple days...

I'm not feeling filled with guilt which is a plus... just a feeling of "Sometimes **it happens".....

The short story is there was lots of drama here yesterday... DS has been jobless nearly 2 weeks (if that story is accurate... could be longer) but hiding it from us...

Eydie- please post away... I could use some ideas..

Anagram-- yes, it IS the medication... things will sort themselves out...

Empress-- don't ever forget we are here for you!

Arabella-- glad your mo end has ended!

Frogger! How nice to hear from you! We are rooting for a fast, easy delivery!

Thought of the day:

The thing that goes the farthest towards making life worth while,
that costs the least and does the most, is just a pleasant smile.
-----Wilbur D. Nesbit

Question of the day---
"What is the last thing you ate you really which you hadn't?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 09-10-2004, 07:55 AM   #38  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Day 3, uh-huh

Good morning, all!
Feeling tired and sort-of cruddy. I think I must have a touch of something or other -- been this way for a couple of weeks. I really have to watch it, because I know fatigue is probably even ahead of stress as a binge-trigger for me. I resolve to try to rest as much as I can today and not push myself. It's predictable -- I feel very tired, and instead of going to lie down I stay at the computer, am not productive and end up stuffing something in my face. On some level, I think it will fix me. Will not do that today!

Didn't do badly yesterday. My challenge is to continue to keep track, in any case:

1 hour total aerobic, incl. 30 min. high intensity aerobic exercise daily -- 6
AM/PM prayer/focusing -- 8
Yoga/tai chi/qi qong -- 5
Do something fun! -- nope, I didn't
Do something creative! -- 5
Make self pretty! -- 7
Meditate -- 4

Kaylets, the thing I ate that I wish I hadn't was about 10 chocolate chip cookies a few days ago. I haven't really been craving carbs since, thank the Goddess. I think it may have been so much sugar I just want to get the substance out of my body.

Sorry about the ongoing problems with DS!

Anagram, you accomplished that five pound loss, whether it shows on scale or not! And you've done wonders in not gaining weight on the new meds!

Amarantha, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Frogger, thanks for stopping by! What an adventure you're embarking on!

Eydie, autumn in Virginia sounds so lovely -- I might almost be ready for autumn too! I WANT MORE SUMMER!!!!

I must be off. Love to all! Let's make this one count!

Old 09-10-2004, 08:41 AM   #39  

Sorry for continued ds problems, Kaylets. That kind of stress does just call for pb. Which at least is more healthy than some things and you probably were within points. Hope situation resolves quickly.

Frogger! Hi! The last week or so does drag, doesn't it? Still suggesting Wed. for the big day - Virgos can be such nice people but then so can Libras.

Class sounds exciting, Eydie. Tell that little girl all's ok and you're a big girl now and can handle it (whatever it may be).

Aah, Wood Nymph, a sabbatical is in order - an hour's snooze or walk or meditation would make the rest of the day go much better. You're hanging in well but you do need a break too. At least you took care of your fun today - you posted in the palace!

Looking lovely here today in the sunlight as well. Off I go.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:38 PM   #40  

'Tis Friday, and I was just wondering if anyone's got an email address for Punkin o' Same. I did send Cerise a PM a while ago. Don't know if she got it. Sometimes the e-mail addresses for those aren't current.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:14 PM   #41  

Will PM you w/an address for Punkin from last fall. As you say, don't know if still good.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:59 PM   #42  

Hello all,

DH is much calmer tonight which makes things so much easier for me...
He knows how I feel about the situation (ah..... things would've been entirely different.... )
so thanks Anagram and Arabella for the support... The worst of this for me is how it affects DH...

I too have an email address for Punkin but I believe she mentioned a new service .....

So... the weekend begins... one load of wash done since I've come home...
out hanging to dry now. Left a voicemail for my folks, told them I'd call back at 9... storm is pointed at Tampa and I am know their nerves were frayed w/ last weekend's storm.....
I was hoping they'd get in the car and drive north but I don't know what they've done...

always something isn't it?

Eydie... its something how when we think we've got it all figured out....

time to unload the dishwasher...

Empress... I still am fighting w/ Diettalk...
I dunno....
Old 09-11-2004, 10:05 AM   #43  

Hello all!

This morning really seems to be putting things in perspective for me...

Was writing a check in the grocery store this morning and it was very strange to write 9/11 on the check...
So many memories, so many thoughts...

I was one of those people who said "Take this as a lesson, live to the fullest, remember your priorties, .."
In many ways, I have. But I know I can do better.....

Not only for this weightloss journey but in so many other ways of my life... I admit, in many ways, the impact of 9/11 had lessened ...
But this 3rd anniversary is making me remember how much I do take for granted or don't appreciate as I should.

More importantly, I am reminded that for as many heroes we remember this weekend, all of these people were just like you and me...
All of the victims, the rescue people, the survivors, all of them could have been you or me...

Personally, I feel an obligation to these heroes... to live my life to the fullest as my tribute to them... to try my hardest even when things seem darkest... and no matter the outcome, try my best to face it with dignity....

***Thought for the day:

"Let's roll"

Question of the day:

"What does 9/11 mean to you?"

KETTLE IS ON
Old 09-11-2004, 10:48 AM   #44  

Good morning. Off to a slow but good start. Few chores done. Making a salad is next. Always must have a large bowl of salad ready for the Crown Prince. He's such a healthy eater, always loved his salad even when he ate all sorts of other things that weren't as healthy.

So no special plans today. Taking good neighbors/friends to brunch tomorrow
Old 09-11-2004, 04:13 PM   #45  

Default Bittersweet, somber day

Today's one of those wonderful late summer/early fallish kind of days here. Perfect temps, sunny, clear air. Not unlike it was three years ago. What a terrible day. For me, it feels like a death still, and I guess what I mourn is a specific sort of American spirit, a kind of New York brash invincibility and vibrance that must now forever be tethered by the shock and sadness of that day. I know that spirit IS invincible. I know that there's good come of that day as well; people focus more on what really matters, etc. But the innocence and the feeling that "it can't happen here" is lost. As a Canadian, well, I don't think I feel any more removed from it than if I were living in some other part of the United States.

Kaylets, that's always the lesson, isn't it. The fact of death, and our inability to know when it might strike us, should teach us to live our lives to the fullest. I guess some part of me remembered what day it was, because that's what I was thinking about when I woke up this morning. Feeling very much like life is too short to be half-lived.

Would you remind me where "Let's roll" comes from?

Anagram, enjoy your visit with DS!

Love to all, much love and peace to America!
Closed Thread