Old 08-14-2004, 10:40 AM   #16  
Walking away the weight

Spryng- you snuck in I love Black Eyed Peas too! Have fun on the computer all day LOL!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:47 AM   #17  
Walking away the weight

Sorry- there's something I forgot to ask everyone. I keep reading everywhere that, unless we're outside or something, I should keep Liam barefoot to help him learn to walk, stand better, etc. But from the way he crawls, he has developed a callous on his left little toe area, but on top of his foot. How do I protect his foot, but still somehow keep his feet uncovered???
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Leigh, maybe just some socks might help? or if you want to put him in shoes just make sure they are very soft and have a soft bottom to them.. you know.. no combat boots, lol. I definitely believe in keeping shoes off kids until they walking well. My SIL would put shoes on her dd when she was just a few weeks old and they weren't soft shoes... she didn't walk until 13 months old. My kids have all walked at 9 months and I contribute some of that success to the no show policy here, lol. I only put shoes on Tanner if he will be outside on rocks or something, because even in grass he goes barefoot. does that callous seem to bother him? if not then I wouldn't worry about it at all... it will go away as soon as he starts walking I'm sure. HTH
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #19  

I just had to reset up my email account so I lost all my old email stuff... including addresses to your emails! Can each of you send an email to me [email protected] and send me your email address please?? I would appreciate this. TIA
Old 08-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #20  
SAHM of 3

Leigh, I disagree about the shoe thing. Now don't get me wrong, I hate putting shoes on crawlers, but as soon as they start standing I put shoes on them. Now I don't when we are just at home, but anytime we go out I put shoes on him. I've done this with ALL of them and all my kids have walked between 10 and 11 months. Alisa's feet are very, very wide just like mine and I am ALWAYS barefoot and I contribute our extra wide feet to having nothing concealing them. I've always heard they walk better with shoes. A friend of mine had a little girl that she held ALL the time and she became extremely bow legged and the doc said leave her barefoot to straighten up her walk and that worked. But otherwise, I've heard put them in shoes and like I said when my start standing, if we leave the house, they've got on shoes. But you're mama, you do what you think is best and it usually is best.

You girls are killing me with some of your cd's. I am glad to see that everyone has such a mixture of music. But Eminem disgusts me, I absolutely despise him. Three that I do despise is Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg and Eminem. But each to their own.

I've cleaned everything I was going to clean , except mop, gotta wait for ...Drew to lay down. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:51 AM   #21  

Morning Everyone. I'm had a bad night and I'm not having a great morning either. BUgga almost got really hurst last night and I can't get it out of my mind. I kept dreaming of trying to explain to DD why he didn't wake up. HE IS OK. We live in a split level house. My living room has a railing which we had our couch up against. There are not too many options other than that, but Of course it's in the middle of the room right now. Anyway, he climbed up when I was putting soup in his bowl. I turned and saw him laying over the top of the couch, reaching down toward the floor, which is about 8 feet. He was sliding down head first. He wanted Big Bird that was on the foyer floor. I ran and got him by his side and ankle. BUT I FEEL SICK. We have been trying to figure out what to do with it for months. I just want a wall there now. I can't take it. ALl night I woke up hyperventilating. If he fell like he was he would have crushed his scull or something. The couch is about another 18" up from the railing, so he was falling from about 9 feet-ish. Sorry to ramble I am just so upset. Thank God I was right there and not on this darn computer.

I have to go, but Leigh, put a bandaid over Liam toes and let him stay barefoot. They do say that's the best to be barefoot. Ask the Dr. if you have questions.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:00 PM   #22  

Mel so sorry about that near fall! I understand how you feel. When Bubba was around 1 1/2 he was playing on the couch and our couch was right up against the windows (we lived in our old house then) the window was open but there was a screen... our stuipd cat outside jumped up on the screen and Bubba wanted to get him so he pushed on the screen and the next thing I know he was gone! It happened so fast! The window was about 8' above the ground outside too and to make matters worse there was a concrete block right under the window outside and he hit it hard. He didn't cry and I went running outside, he had the breath knocked out of him so that is why he didn't cry and he hit with the back of his neck and it was sliced open. I was at home with no phone at the time and NO CAR!! I panicked. I grab both of my kids up and ran to the neighbors who also didn't have a phone, we loaded into her suv and she took me to a pay phone to call dh... he got home within seconds it seemed and he rushed us to the ER. The cut looked worse than it was. The doc didnt want to put stitches in because it was already starting to clot and he would have to remove all that which would be very painful for him. So he cleaned it up and covered it and he has a nice little scar from that. But I remember how scared and helpless I felt and how angry I was at the stupid screen for not holding and that cat for being on there and me for having the window open. Kids are pretty resilient though... he was back to normal that very same day. Crazy huh? Just hug that little boy up and try not to ponder the "what ifs" because that can drive you crazy. he is safe now. HUGS TO YOU!
Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #23  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Hello all SAHM's....My name is Deana, SAHM of 4. Wife to Scott. Married for 6 yrs this Oct. I just found this site a couple days ago and it's been one of the few sites used on my puter ever since. I have been drawn to this group for obvious reasons.....kids.

I have wanted to do something about my weight for a long time now, just no motivation. Now as I have sat here and looked at progress of all of you,I am motivated. I'm not a big eater so the 6 meals a day thing isn't for me. My metabolism is the worst and I'm trying to boost it.

Don't want to rattle, just introducing myself. I will be here daily I'm sure.

Still learning how to use site also.

HW = 258 (06/24/04)
CW = 250 (08/14/04)
GW = 145
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:26 PM   #24  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

You ladies are really posting today......lol

Spryng,
I almost bought the dark blue one but this one was one year newer But my Explorer was dark blue.....lol I do not put shoes on my kids either. The only time Andrew has shoes on is if we go somewhere where he will be walking around and I don't know the area or such. Most of the time he doesn't even where shoes to go out to eat..... I'm a country hick I guess All my kids walked at 9 to 10 months or so and none of them ever wore shoes.... until way after 1.

Leigh,
Not sure what to tell you about Liam's foot Have you talked to the dr? I would say do the skid proof socks maybe I know when Andrew has a bandaid on..... it takes about 3 minutes for him to take it off If that long Hope you have a good day! When is the next book club?

Deana,
Welcome It is great to have you here!!! You have come to the right place!

Crystal,
I told you you made me feel like a dork......lol My cd player is having fits in my van so I don't use it... But most of the time the kids are watching the tv in the van so I don't listen to the radio.. or I just listen to whatever's on.... I need to buy them headphones I guess........lol
Glad you got some cleaning done!

Mel,
I am so upset for you! And I bet Patrick was like..... what mom? They don't know anybetter but it makes us feel horrible! You are a great mom!!!

Melinda,
I am so glad everything is ok with you and the storm! Glad you are feeling better!!!

Ok no more posting until tonight.......lol I am gonna try to get so more cleaning done and playing with the boys...

We just made the Oobi hand puppet's.....lol It is too cute!

Oh BTW, I just wanted to tell Di....... If you are out there, I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of you! If you need anything, just pm me! I was just checking on the boys!

EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE LURKING..... HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:45 PM   #25  

Hey, it's me again too, lol. I have been in and out of here for most of the morning. Dh is in Denver and he has family there so he is visiting with them all day so I have no one to bug! LOL. I have started my housecleaning though. My kitchen is cleaned up some and my living room has been picked up and vacuumed. That in itself makes the house look 100% better.

Penny, what are oobi hand pupets?? Sounds cute! It is with socks?

Welcome Deana!! I am Spryng, mother of 3. I have been married 6 years also. May I ask how old you are and how tall? What plan are you doing or wanting to try? I hope you find yourself at home here and post often!
Old 08-14-2004, 01:23 PM   #26  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone I'm finally up! DH and I slept in and then I got up and took a shower and got my bed made and all that so it took me even longer to get to the computer.

QOTD: Get this I like everything too! Right now I have Michael Jacksons greates hits which is almost a joke cause my sis, her bf and I used to be in love with his music when we were like 8 so now it's kind of nostalgia! I also have Usher, Kenny Chesney, Dixie chicks, and a bunch of CD's I burned off the internet. Spryng I am like you I have a lot of music on my computer and a lot of homemade CD's with lots of diff. music on them. So thats me!

Spryng I'm so glad you are enjoying your computer! That is so great. Out computer still works decent but when it doesn't I can't wait to get a new one. I also have a 17" screen and I love it! My old computer had a really small one so when I got this I was in heaven! You can bug me anytime you want today! I'll be home!

Mel, that is so scary about Patrick! After Bayley was born for a few months I wasn't able to sleep very good cause I was so in love with her (Still am of course!) that I would imagine everything that could go wrong ex: I would drop her or the cat would scratch her or someone would take her without asking. It is the sickest feeling but I had to tell myself that she was ok and that I was doing everything I could to keep her safe and you were too. I hope you can shake that feeling today cause I know the feeling too and it does make you sick! There is a reason you caught him just in time and that is because you are a good mom so just keep up the good work!

Crystal have fun watching the movie. You will love it. It's cute. We've been wanting to rent Starsky and Hutch for awhile. We love Ben Stiller!

Ricci enjoy your movie too!

Penny you crack me up! You are a true mom! With your kids collection of CD's.
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:33 PM   #27  
Curves 6-week solution

whoops............................wasn't done posting yet! Got a little ahead of myself!

Anyway Penny...................not going to the gym today, will probably just do 5 days a week. I am ready for a break by the weekend plus I am so sore today!! I can't hardly move anyway! Hope you have a good day and hope we can chat tonight!

Michelle I hope you are doing good and getting a lot done. I hope Zhaun is doing good too! Check in with us and give us an update! WE miss you!!

Meltin and anyone else in the storm, good to hear you are all safe and sound! Good luck with clean up and the aftermath! We are thinking about you!

Leigh I'm not picky when it comes to Pepsi or Coke just whatever one is closer LOL! I actually did not used to drink a lot of soda but got hooked on it when I was pregnant, so bad! Anyway I just have one once in awhile now. It wasn't as good as I remembered though last night, I guess mabye I'm shying away from them like I used to! But we were having taco salad last night so I had to have one right?! As far as the shoe thing goes I haven't heard either way. Bayley is almost 11 months old and is real close to standing on her own but not walking which is fine by me but I don't put shoes on her usually at all. Her little feet have been rug burned and a little sunburned lately from being in the car and crawling so I have put shoes on her when we have gone out to keep the sun off them but other than that she is always barefoot! Do whatever you think is best though.

Hi Deana it sound like Deonna right? Not De Anna? I have a friend that spells her name the same way and it is pronounce Deonna. Let me know though I could be wrong This is a great group to join you will have a blast! Come back and tell us more about you and jump in on anything we are talking about. It's great to have you!!
Old 08-14-2004, 01:35 PM   #28  
Curves 6-week solution

Umm how come I am so scatter brained today! I still wasn't done posting!! I guess all I was going to say was that we are not going to do much today. Just hang around here and might go hang out with some friends tonight. I'm making Mel's Lemon chicken recipe tonight and I can't wait should be really good! Everyone have a good day, I need to go check the 101 e-mails I have from flylady! TTYL
Old 08-14-2004, 02:04 PM   #29  

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I guess I am a bit overprotective when it comes to him, being that we had such a rough start and a tough first year and a half. Now we are just frustrated with trying to figure out what to do with that space. Maybe I'll post a pic of it and you can all give me your suggestions. Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful day. ttfn
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:18 PM   #30  
2BoysMom

Good afternoon ladies

Now that Tony's taking a nap I may be able to get a post in . He had just bumped his head on the corner of the desk and was screaming for the hundreth time and dh was starting to yell and.... so I stopped posting. It was bedtime for him anyway (Tony, not dh...although he followed shortly after ).

Spryng, congrats on the new computer! They're always fun. My first one was a gateway and I loved it.

Mel Glad bugga's OK! Scarey! Tony fell up a step at my Aunt's house and cut his bottom lip with his teeth Thurs night so he was bleeding all over and just wanted to stick his face in my clothes . We stopped at another relative's on the way home yesterday and he took a tumble on the driveway and scraped up a couple of fingers and was bleeding again. Then after we came home yesterday we were in my bedroom watching the weather channel/FNC trying to get info on the hurricane. He wasn't listening to me and was jumping around and fell and bit his lip AGAIN and was bleeding on my comforter and my new carpeting (well...not new but only 1 yr old and very clean) and then he bumped his head on the desk last night....arrrgh! KIDS...or should I say BOYS! I couldn't wait to put him to bed so that he would relax for a few hours .

Melinda...so glad you're OK after Charley! Very, very scary. Tell me...when you live in an area prone to these horrific storms...why don't these stupid people evacuate when they're ordered too???? I feel very bad for the people who died...but what the heck was the idiot thinking who got hit in his backyard by a fallen tree? I just don't get it! Anyway...enough of my rant. So glad you're ok and back with us!

QOTD.. I also have quite the mix... 80's, country, Aerosmith, Metallica, dh has Beatles & Beachboys...no rap for me though...can't stand any of it!

Hi to everyone else out there. I should use this nap time wisely and get some other things done. We have another bday party for dh's neice tonight so who knows what's for dinner tonight. I'm hoping for a bikeride tomorrow and I did do my 3 mile walk this morning but still will probably not have a loss this MOnday...Just haven't gotten my eating under control yet.

Have a great Saturday night. I may get to check back in later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote