Old 08-09-2004, 04:47 PM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay at Home Moms 239

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet
Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Last edited by Loveliam; 08-09-2004 at 04:49 PM.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:51 PM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

LOL Leigh you beat me to it.......lol

Hope everyone is having a great day There is no way I can catch up even since this morning......lol Chatty ladies you!

I am still cleaning and my house just smells soooo good I love that smell....

I bought the Swifer duster today and it is just so cool! I love it! I know the little things get me excited...... LOL Shush up.. Krystol and Michelle........lol Don't even think of picking on me......lol

I will check in later on this evening... Gotta get my supper cooked
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:53 PM   #3  
Walking away the weight

Hey, Crystal! You sound far more productive than I am! Anyway, I do have a load of laundry on, but only because my winning ebay items arrived - clothes for Liam - and I wanted to wash them before putting them away!

Spryng- good to hear from you - glad you enjoyed DH! My Dh is out of town tonight too. Frozen dinner for me!

Jill- you really should stop by here and help me out witht hte cleaning!
Old 08-09-2004, 04:58 PM   #4  
**Kristin**

*posted in the last thread, just as you all started a new one apparently! - so I will put it here too *

Hey Ladies! I'm back from another long, fun weekend! I missed you all but when DH is home it seems like the computer colects dust since summers are so dang busy! I had a great birthday! Dh threw me a surprise party at Brewsky's (a bar and grill) and our WHOLE family and all of our friends were there, about 60 people! IT was so cool, I started crying. I have lost alot of people that I love lately, and to see everyone that I care about in one room was so cool, getting chills thinking about it! Today we are back to normal (finally) except for the massive mountain of laundry that is awaiting me! Also this desk that I am sitting at has so much crap piled on it, that I barely have room to move the mouse !!
I know that some of you were talking about bold colors in the house. I love them and they don;t scare me at all either! My whole kitchen, dining room and formal living room is red, tan and silver/chrome....I love red!
I can't wait to get my digital camera, dh got me one for my b-day but he just cut out a picture of one and told me that he wants me to pick it out! Then I can take pictures of our house, and other stuff..I would love to see some of everyones scrapbook pages and we could share ideas too if I could take pics and put them on here!
Well better get something done, dinner figured out too, sheesh, I don't even know whats in the fridge....hope to be able to get personal later, if not, tomorrow morning for sure!
BTW: I am starting "over" today on plan for sure! I sucked at it this weekend, and all last week! Today has been good, but I have no idea how I have maintained all this 2 weeks without eating right! ughh....talk to you all later!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 05:05 PM   #5  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

LOL Leigh I dont think I would have the energy for your house too, all the cleaning the past couple of days is catching up with me! So what kind of clothes did you find on E-bay? I love buying stuff on there for Bayleigh <------ LOL!!! I love a good bargain!

Penny you darn well better catch up and everyone else too! Just kidding, I'm just having way to much fun on this cable internet so it is easy for me to not get to far behind! So what's up with the swiffer duster? I may have to get one since I own every other swiffer product. I love them! I should have bought stock when they first came out!

Kristin glad to see your back. That's awesome about the surprised party! How fun! I would have been off plan during my b-day too so don't worry about it, just get on plan now. Hope you get some of your laundry done!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 05:55 PM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Hi again

Penny- I missed your post! Well, you sound very productive. I also like the swifer for dusting. I need to do under the couches . . . we have hardwood floors in the living/dining rooms.

Kristin- Happy (Belated) Birthday! Your party sounds touching! And I am sure it's all well-deserved . . . I started over yesterday, so we can be start-over-buddies

Jill- oh I just saw Baley's birth date in your signature - she and Liam are almost exactly 1 month apart Uh - don't get me started on ebay. I'm a bit of an addict and would rather not have any proof in writing in case DH finds out Just kidding. I like to find some of the cuter boys stuff - especially French made - for some reason, French designer make adorable boys clothes and I'm not really sure why American designers don't. But I'm not buying from French ebay - just gently used items from American or Canadian sellers.

Well, got a bit done. A load of laundry is now drying, I took out all the trash, straightened the dining room table (our central dump). I just need to straighten the kitchen and will feel better about life. That's hard because Liam wakes up if he hears us putting away dishes or doing anything with dishes - sleeps through just about all else . . . Our place isn't large enough for him not to hear me, so I'll do that when he wakes up.

Had Santa Fe Rice and Beans (WW dinner) - it's okay - not one of my favorites. I desperately need to get to the store -maybe tomorrow!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:07 PM   #7  
Curves 6-week solution

Leigh thats cool about the French clothes you get for him! I didn't know you could even get that stuff around here, I mean on e-bay. I should look into it. What brands do you like? I noticed that our babies are only a month apart, same with Michelles daughter. That is pretty neat, we will all be celebrating 1st birthdays around the same time! Well I better get back to doing something besides vegging on this thing!

TTYL
Old 08-09-2004, 07:51 PM   #8  

Crystal, I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope tonight is a better won with Andrew.

Penny, I got my new scale. It does lbs and body fat. I will let you know the numbers in the am. It might be off from the other one, so I'll do both till Friday.

Ricci, I would love to have Lacik surgery also, but my eyes are so bad I don't want to risk it. If it doesn't correct all the way, I would have to wear glasses. you can't wear contacts after that.

Leigh, Hey congrats on being OP today. I am having a great day too. I'm on the move here and it feels great! Also, about that lunch tomorrow. Eat before you go and tell her that your on a diet, so you ate before you came. If you feel funny showing up not hungry, just call her and tell her what you'd like to do. I'm sure she will understand.

Spryng, glad you got those pipes fixed. I can't believe there was a cup in the drain pipe. BOy oh boy.

Geri, sorry to hear about your sleepless nights. Bugga was up as usual last night. Not like last week, but 4 times is bad enough. I hope it was just a one night thing.

Jill, Glad Fly Lady is working for you. I must try it out too. Also, glad you got your Cable internet. You will be even faster at this posting then you already where.

Cheri, You are awesome, I would never have thought of using a fitted sheet. I will use your technique next time we build a fort. My kids love it, but I am also fixing it consitantly. Also, Congrats on that additional 1.5lb down. YAHOO!!!!

Jaymi, sorry you are not having a good day again. I hope it gets better for you soon.

Michelle, If your MIL is that bored, she can come clean here too. How's the co-worker, LMK if you need those HIP BOOTS.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again all!

Well I feel productive today! After dh left I attacked my routines and got everything done. I already did the counter thing yesterday so that was done. So I worked for 15 min on my fridge (the top, for some reason it catches everything and dust piles up) and my microwave. So now it's all wiped down and tidied up and clean! makes me feel good, and both of them only took the 15 min! Dinner was leftovers.

mel, what are you up to tonight? Yeah I couldn't believe there was a cup in there either. I truly have no idea how or when it got there because Tanner is not allowed in the bathroom because he likes to play in the toilet so he hasn't been in there in forever. The other two never mess with stuff. so it must have got in there several weeks ago and just now started causing problems. But I'm just happy it's fixed.

Leigh, how is your first day back OP going? Good I hope! Sounds like you have been really busy today too!

Jill, I just noticed your message on the yahoo messenger, lol! You crack me up!

Kristin, your weekend sounds like fun!! What a sweet dh to throw you a suprise party and actually keep it a suprise! So how old are you now?

OK, got to hit a flybaby chat room really quick.. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:02 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Hi again! I'm kind of bored Liam is asleep, but not much I can do around the house . . .

Jill- there are so many options for girl clothes! What fun that would be (although even worse for the budget). You may want to check out Berlingot, Catimini, Le Top, Sophie Dess, Lili Gaufrette . . . oh the fun!

Mel- glad you are OP- you really are working hard! Good for you. Is your scale digital? We have a digital . . . it's a little too accurate

TTYL - I'm off to watch Nancy Grace Live on Court TV . . .
Old 08-09-2004, 08:08 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Spryng- our posts crossed I've been OP since yesterday -Woohoo!- Your productivity is shaming me
Bet you're relieved to have the plumbing back to normal!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:15 PM   #12  
soontobethin

Good evening everyone.
Oh, I have two more tv shows that I like. Present is 7th heaven, and past is boy meets world. I got my house cleaned up today, like eveyone else. My oldest ds, Eric, got bit by some kind of bug in the middle of the night. He has some kind of reaction to bug bites, not allergic. Anyway his leg was red and puffy, and hot. So i gave him his medicine, and then stripped their room of everything, and set off a bug bomb. We went out to my moms house, and then found out they have fleas, so we left and went to wal mart for a while.
It sounds like everyone is doing their cleaning today. Hopefully, I won't have to clean this much again for a while. Have a good evening.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:20 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kristen,
I am so glad you had a wonderful day! I wished you a happy bday yesterday but I know I was a little late! Great that you are starting over today!

Jill,
Geri, Spryng, and I just did the same thing with 1st bday's in June...... they are all about the same age Hope you had a good day today! Ya know the swiffer duster... the commercial where the woman is dusting and it ends up being her friends house.....lol It has been around for a while but I just got it.....

Has anyone bought the new disposal toliet bowl cleaners.... I am not sure about that one so I was waiting for reviews on it.

Spryng,
I still can't believe a cup was in there.... that is so strange.... Glad it is fixed though. I am happy you got your 15 min room done... Great! I know my kitchen needs some tlc too I guess I need to go to flylady and get started this week while they are on it!

Mel,
Awesome about the scale!!! WOOOHOOO! I can't wait to hear your results on Friday!

Michelle,
How cool that your mil wants to come clean! When do they arrive????

Geri,
Ok you were the last one for a little one not to sleep well. I don't wanna catch it please!!! Sorry you had such a ruff night! I know Andrew just cut two two yo molders. You think that may be Tony's prob?

Crystal,
Hope tonight is a better night for you!

Ricci,
Sorry I pmed you this morning... lol There is a lady from the tops board that had pmed me... and I thought it was you....lol

Leigh,
I like that ww meal. I have had it before and I bought it again today. Recommend some to me please Glad you got some work done around the house! What do you have planned for Thursday for when the nanny comes? How is Liam doing with her?

Jaymi,
You poor thing. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Sounds like you have been really busy!

Well I am gonna jump in the tub while everyone and everything is quiet Have a great evening
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:48 PM   #14  
mama of 4little Angels

Hey girls,sounds like everyone is doing well.My dh started back to work today. It's always nice having him home.He is very helpful with the kids and around the house.It's hard to believe there are still guys like him left.
Anyhow we got school shopping out of the way.We ended up spending about 650.oo mostly at Wal-Mart but we also went to Target and Pay less for a couple of things we could'nt find at Wal-Mart.Believe it or not I hate shopping.I don't even try on cloths i'll buy whatever I need,take it home and then try it on.If it does'nt fit i'll give it away.I love shopping for things for the house and stuff for the kids,but I HATE cloths shopping.
As far as me being OP ,TOM has me off plan till friday.I"m not even going to fight it.Hopefully I won't eat all the food lol .
I hope everyone has had a good weekend.I got to go to NC and visit my family and my cousin finally had her baby.She would'nt let me bring it home though can't say I blame her the baby was so cute.It was a little girl.
Well I gotta get off here I'm being paged by one of my curtain climbers.ttyl
By the way what happened to my siggy ?she's MIA
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:54 PM   #15  
Curves 6-week solution

Hey everyone! Baby is down for another nap and dh just went to his softball game, it was too dang hot so we stayed home, it is currently 99 degrees. Too hot for the baby if you ask me.

Penny, LOL for some reason I though that duster was a new thing but I know what you are talking about. That looks cool I don't have it though, I just have the swiffer stuff for the floor. My mom has the disposal toilet things and I think she likes them. I want to get one too but I just got the lysol ready brush. I don't like it but I feel guilty throwing it away since it is fairly new. I am all about disposable though, makes me feel like there aren't as many germs lurking around, you know. I am very anti-sponge and dishcloth. I guess I'm kind of obsessive compulsive when it comes to germs! LOL!

Leigh thanks for the list of brands! I checked them out and there are some really really cute clothes, actually I should be yelling at you cause I don't have money to spend on them right now! Just kidding, thanks though!

Mel good luck with your new scale. I just got a digital scale from Wal-Mart that is Denise Austin I like it, seems pretty accurate and weighs half pounds so that is good. Hope you have a restful night!

Spryng you know I want to be just like you! LOL! So I had to say that on my away message! It is funny though cause when people post and say they are cleaning I feel like I should too so I do! My house has never been so clean! Kind of funny. I ordered some flylady stuff last night to help me get organized, it is more for when I start school cause that is when it is going to be hard! I hope it come soon cause it looks really cool. A cup in your drain? That is so weird, at least it wasn't a rat or something............gross!

Ricci I love 7th heaven too! I was watching all the re-runs for awhile but I turned our satellite off so we don't get anything good anymore!

Ok we're having lasagna for dinner but don't get too excited it was a frozen one! Its probably not the best for the diet but I will try to fill up on salad first so that I don't eat too much of it. What is everyone else having (or had) for dinner?