Old 08-04-2004, 03:19 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking Stay At Home Moms #233

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, going to be doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 03:29 PM   #2  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys, computer guy came and solved most of my problems but turns out I might need to upgrade to Windows XP. I have millenium edition right now so that will be a good chunk of money But at least I can upload some more recent pics I'm going to load them on the MSN site. So check them out if you get a chance.

Jaymi he also solved my picture/CD issue. You were right (you probably knew that) you are only supposed to have to drag onto the CD drive but my computer was messed up before so that is why I couldn't do it. Thanks for the tip, I might not have asked him otherwise and would have gone out and spent money I don't have on a program I didn't need! So thanks for saving me money!

Ok, I'll be back later!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 03:30 PM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I haven't been here for ages......thought I would stop in and say hello when there were not too many posts to respond too!!!! (sneaky of me, right???). I hope everyone is ok- I miss the each of you but just am unable to keep up with such a busy thread. Penny, I love the opening page with a brief bio on everyone, what a great idea!
I am still hanging in here- we just returned from a few days at the shore, which were pleasant. My eating was ok- and I did get some walking in,plus there was a treadmill at the hotel. Might have to invest in one of them some day.......
Hi to everyone! I will pop in from time to time to see how y'all are doing. Take care.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 03:40 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok Can I pull my hair out now!?!?!?! AHHHH!!!!

I leave to run errands for a couple hours and now my head hurts will all the new posts.. Where do I even start..... LOL

Ok Ginny,
Where have you been??? I know it is so hard to keep up with the thread! I am glad you had such a great time at the shore! I bet it was nice! How neat that you used the treadmill at the hotel! Good for you!

Jill,
I am so glad the puter man fixed the puter! We have XP here too and It took a little while to get used to. But I love it!

Geri,
You are only 6 lbs away from the other side, right? Cheers to you You are doing awesome! Weigh to Go Idaho!

Kristen,
To address old questions... I don't know what the heck I am... I know part Spanish part French part Indian... my hubby is Italian all the way... And BTW, I used a local company to clean my floors and they did wonderful! HTH!

Shoot...... Hubby is driving up... Gonna go talk to him and I will come back and address everyone in a little while! 0
Old 08-04-2004, 03:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I had such a hard time sleeping... took me almost an hour to fall asleep and 20 min later my dd was being loud in her room and woke me up. They are all quiet again but I can't fall back asleep. O-welll... I think the diet coke I had with lunch is what is causing the problem... caffeine really affects me. But I do feel a little better.

Ginny! So glad to see you! How are you doing? yeah, trying to keep up with these ladies is a real challenge. Is your kids about to start school this month? The shore sounds wonderful.. I was at one myself last week. So beautiful this time of year.

Jill, what was wrong with your computer? I ask because mine has been having issues too lately. i think just need to buy a new computer soon. My email is screwed up alot. It lets me check it once and then freezes up so I have to close netscape down and then re-open it to check my email again... annoying. I ran all those programs Michelle told us about and it sped the internet up some but didn't fix any glitches and it still won't run scan disk. So who knows...

Well... guess I'll find something to do while the kids are still napping. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:13 PM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Keeping up with these threads is crazy Liam is asleep, so I'll do my best to get to all ya'll, but if he wakes, I'll have to quickly end. I apologize in advance if that happens.

We went to a children's clothing consignment store I'd never been to before - it was very nice and the woman working there was super nice. She asked what kinds of clothes I tend to like for Liam and said she'd call me if anything I may like came in! I thought that was so sweet.

Angel- hey! I could have met you at the waterpark Glad you had fun - we've never been.

Penny- I just love that Baby Human series. It's amazing how early they know stuff.

Crystal- I understand about the own room thing. I'm not sure what I'd do if/when we have another. Both have advantages and disadvantages I suppose

Geri- glad you survived the storms.

Spryng- sorry about the cold I missed Big Bro last night because I got wrapped up in the behavior of a baby who acts just like Liam in that Baby Human series! Haven't done much saving dinner, but maybe next week I'll be more organized. Sorry your nap was interrupted . . .

Di- the DaVinci code is very interesting! The book for tonight is The Monk Downstairs. I'm 1/2 way through it - it's cute. About a single mother renting a room to a monk who has just left the priesthood. How did the hearing tests go?

Jaymi- Sorry about the bad night - have you always had nightmares (your whole life)? Thanks for the compliment on my pic

Jill- glad you got more sleep! Yes, ebay is both wonderful and addictive. Do you and Bayley do a lot today?

Julie- hi! glad you came out of lurkdom to share

Michelle- hope Taylor recovered. Liam cries when DH leaves in the morning and it breaks his heart

Ginny- sounds like you're doing well! Good for you.

Okay, am i officially caught up???
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Heres the doll I made for Kristins Daughter Sydney. She wanted one for her own. I hope you like it Syd!!

Well I just had a 4 pt honey roasted pork lean cuisine, its one of my faves and then I noticed that hubby made sugar cookies and I had 2 of them they were thin so I think I'll be ok

Spryng I think thats great that your kids missed you, I think that when people are apart it makes them appreciate the time together even more! I bet thats why you and DH have such a great relationship.

Oh geez I get like 3 minutes in to a post and now teagan is ticked off, I'll be back later.

Oh yeah and Geri you are a very beautiful person no matter what you think!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:37 PM   #8  
SAHM of 3

Hi all. I've been busy today, although I haven't gotten much accomplished, does that make since?
I'm only 3 lesson plans away from having a full 6 weeks worth. Then I've got to make copies of certain pages and be prepared in the manner. I've got to order the rest of her books next week. My avon orders came in and that was a chore, my FIL's wife sent over a bag of clothes and we went through those, I've got laundry going and a cake is baked but not iced. I'm frying fish for dh, his favorite and I never make it cause I don't like it.
I feel like I'm bonkers today with so much going on.

Spryng, the doc said we should be able to tell the sex of the baby in September. I go Aug. 24th, I wish we could get lucky, but it will probably be the time after that. I know it's a girl though. But yes, I could be wrong. I haven't felt the baby actually move, but I do get those butterfly feels sometimes. Probably in about a month I'll start feeling it kick. I am getting to where I can't lay on my tummy, which is the only way I ever sleep, but I can feel the little ball in my tummy when I do.

I guess I'll get off of here for now. I've got more things to accomplish. Hope everyone is having a great day.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:39 PM   #9  

88i7809089000000
Old 08-04-2004, 04:48 PM   #10  

You chatty ladies!!

Jill, computer issues really bite! I hate spending money, but I do spend a lot of time on the computer, so it would be worth it to me. Hopefully it gets all ironed out for you soon, nothing worse than fighting with a peice of machinery! I like the idea of sneaking up before everyone else, I doubt I could really do it though, I doo love to sleep! I thought about trying to get to bed earlie and wake up around 6 am, sit outside and meditate, have some java. It's a nice thought, but one I haven't been able to put into reality.

Spryng I hope you feel better soon! I haven't tried the DayQuil stuff, but I adore NyQuil for a good night's rest, it usually knocks me right out and I feel a little better the next day.

Hey there Leigh! The hearing test really really sucked. Logan had a meltdown when they wanted to put the probe in his ear and he wouldn't calm down, poor guy. They got a few readings and he didn't pass. I don't even know if that's an accurate read, so I can't get upset about it yet. They need to try again next week and hopefully I'll know more by then. Ethan didn't even get to test at all. I'll schedule him in a couple of weeks after Logan is completed. So right now I don't know what to think, so I'm just pushing it aside for now.

Well I haven't got much else done today. Margaritas are sounding like a good choice for dinner. I know bad idea, but YUM!

off to wrestle with the boys.
hugs,
di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

Ok back again after struggling trying to get my pictures uploaded. They are finally on but it took me forever! I'm so annoyed. Ok anyway......................

Leigh I have done nothing today except mess with this computer!! I have a lot I need to do but I want to get this thing all taken care of so I don't have to worry about it. Bayley has been pretty patient and is only tearing things up every once in ahwile LOL!

Spryng, I had some issues with my digital camera not connecting to my computer and also some other little gliches that are messing me up. Seems to be running a little smoother though so that is good. Mine would never run scan disc before I wiped it out and started all over again, it was big pain to do but it seems to be doing better now. You might have to try that, I hope not though cause it is a lot of work!

Michelle how was work? I thought about waiting up for you to chat but I was just too dang tired and still am. How is your day going? good I hope.

Penny I have used XP before at work so I am actally familiar with it I just don't really want to put the money out for it right now but if I want to keep chatting with you ladies I guess I might have to! What have you been doing today?
Oh ya and when do I earn my name on the beginning post thingy? Just wondering.

Talk to you all soon, I need to spend some quality time with the little one before she starts thinking the computer is daddy or something!
Old 08-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #12  

Height: 5 foot

Hello All.. Quick check-in! No exercise yet, I ate 2 sloppy joes.. (not good) but they tasted good!! No pool, no walmart.. I’ll save it for tomorrow.. I still havent’ journaled.. And I need to. I am gonna go do that right after I get off the computer! I havent done hardly anything today… I need to do a lot!!! Well I put some dishes in the dish washer. Boy my daughter is mischievous!!! She snuck the tape box out of the closet and ate half the box… What am I gonna do with her!! Anyways… That’s about all for me today.. I’m in an ok mood… trying to stay away from EBAY!! Tomorrow I’ll try not to go overboard at Walmart.. But I probably will! Anyways gotta go now.. Time is running short. I need to start cooking!

Ta-Ta All !!!

Jill- that’s so sweet!!! Thank you!!!

Michelle- thanks, I’m gonna go there and check it out!

Leigh- Yes.. I’ve had nightmares my whole life… well DREAMS… all of them aren’t bad…. But the ones about the tornados are the scariest… I’m petrified of them…

I know I missed a lot more this time.. But we’re in a new thread… and of course I’ve forgotten already what was on the last one.. So I hope everyone forgives me!! Well gotta run!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #13  

ummmm sorry it appears as taylor posted to you guys cuz I had left the screen up lol just so you know I'm not spouting gibberish
Old 08-04-2004, 05:06 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

I was starting to wonder about you Michelle. LOL
Old 08-04-2004, 06:23 PM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies,

I am back... Went outside to talk to hubby and he said he is wanting to have a bbq for his workers. Anyhow, I pulled the cover off his bbq pit I bought him for Father's Day, ya know the four burner stainless steel one.... He did not clean it last time he used it and it was plum disgusting!!!! I cleaned some of it but some pieces are soaking .... grrrr...... .....

Anyhow,
Michelle,
I thought that was funny that Taylor wanted to tell us HI! HI TAYLOR!!!! Are you still getting in your exercise every day? I am glad the phet is agreeing with you. Can't wait to hear about your weigh in.

Jill,
All you need to do is post your bio in one of your posts. Did you already do it and we missed it??? I sure hope not!!!!!! Hope you are having a good day!

Di,
Hang in there! Hunter did the same thing about the hearing test. I will keep you in my prayers. You are a wonderful mom! I hope you get some results soon!!!!

Jaymi,
Hope your day goes better. Try not to spend too much money at Walmart tomorrow Is your sister gone?

Crystal,
It sounds like you did alot to me! I would be tired after all that. Hope dh has a good bday You too have close bday's ... me and hubby's are the 28 & 30 of October and our ann. is the 29th of oct. Thought it was neat at the time ..... but i get rooked on presents.....

Leigh,
I am glad you like the store. We have one here but it is not really consignment... it is more retail... you bring your clothes and things in and she reviews them and calls you with the total. They do have pretty nice things there though. I luv Ebay and I get alot of the boys things off there ... But I usually do it off season so it is cheaper. Hobby Lobby had the internet coupon for 50% off stickers the other day so I bought a whole bunch. Trying to talk dh into getting me the Easy Share Dock for my camera so it is easier to print my pics for the scrapbook.

Spryng,
Sorry you didn't get in a good nap. Did you ever post the pic of the afghan. I would love to see it! Or is your puter messing up on the pic program? Thanks for the recipe!

Melissa,
Hope you are having a blast at the waterpark. Why wasn't I invited??? HUH HUH??

Kristen,
How are you doing today? I think Sydneys little doll is a cutie

Angel,
How is the routines going??? Were you able to get back on track today?

Hi Julie!
It is good to see you posting again! Come back soon We miss hearing from you!

Ok Ladies! I gotta get off here and get something together for supper! I am very late today with supper TTYL!

Oh I am up for chat if anyone wants to! You ladies make my day....