Old 07-28-2004, 11:25 AM   #16  
RosieKate

good morning all - just a quickie post to say hi...will try to get back later during DD's nap to write to individuals

Just a little FYI.....I came up with the WWJLD as a kind of take off on WWJD? If anyone remembers a few years back that was a bumper sticker that stood for What Would Jesus Do? Then there was an anti-SUV advertising campaign that co-opted the acronym and called it What Would Jesus Drive? I like WWJLD better, IMO, lol! I have an aversion to religious bumper stickers that goes back to the days of "I Found it" and "Marriage Encounter" Sorry Young'uns that is way before your time! Not averse to religious sentiments, mind you....just bumper stickers...

Week has been going good for me..think I'm down another pound, but still have to go through the weekend until my WI day.

I'm off to take the kids over to play with friends - back later...RK
Old 07-28-2004, 11:49 AM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

I'm back from the vet.....poor thing didn't like the car ride over (the vet is only a street away) by the time I got there, as I was taking her out of the car she had an accident. Poor thing. I couldn't take her out so there she was just sitting in her puddle of mess.

She's getting the works. Spayed, and all her vaccines. Going to cost me a lot but it needs to be done. She's never been to the vet before so she is going to hate me extremely by the time this is all over.

Anyway...that is my morning.

Talk to you later
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:59 AM   #18  
my dad made me1 from wood

marti- poor kitty
thought this was interesting, http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?i...WSLETTER_ISSUES the food label part.
MUCH LOVE, Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #19  
GmaTo8

What a difference a day makes...

Today SIL told DD that their DD 9 mos. old has been having black bm. She works, and he is on disability right now, so he watches the children. Anyway, the doctor wants to see the baby right away, and I am so afraid there is blood from somewhere. She has had a viral infection, but has been better, we thought. I'm trying to not borrow trouble, but it's hard....

Anyway, anyone reading this, whether you are a JL or a lurker... could I please get some prayers for Caylin in Indiana??? Thank you so much.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:20 PM   #20  
my dad made me1 from wood

will pray right now jana....
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:19 PM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Prayers for Caylin.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:54 PM   #22  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Sending prayers
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:09 PM   #23  

Thoughts and Prayers for Caylin!
Old 07-28-2004, 07:36 PM   #24  

good evening everyone:

today was a fair day had a slip up with food but not real bad. tom is WI. wish me luck.

Marti-I learned how nice you all are and how we all have a lot in common yet were so different. Its actually quite cool.

Cristi- hope party went well.

Jana- Caylin is in my prayers. and so are you. youve been having a hard time with a lot of stuff recently. bless your heart.

Well, I'll check in, in the morning and report my WI.

Hope everyone is doing well.

tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:04 PM   #25  

Evening ladies--

I was just outside and all the kittens were lounging on the patio and I went to pet one and then another would meow, so I would pet that one and then another would meow and I pet that one....it turned into a competition to see who could get my attention most. It was actually quite funny. It was like I was playing some musical cat instrument! (the things that entertain me.....)

Having a lonely day here today. After taking care of the cat at the vets (which btw, I got a call and they say she's doing fine) and then going to my grandpa's real quick to water some flowers, I came home to clean house and do laundry. Tried to keep myself busy so I don't think about not having anyone home with me.

I ate an early dinner. (it's not even quite 5:00 yet) And now, I thought I would come here to check in and see how you all are doing.

TJ--Wishing you luck with your WI tomorrow.

RK--If you think you're down another pound, you probably are. You're doing so well on WW. You, Jana, and Cristi will all be success stories that I can share with my friends here at home. I'll show them the photo's in the magazines of the before and afters.....

Heather--I couldn't find the food label part, but I did read the before and after stuff. Always an inspiration.

Everyone else, I hope you're having a good Wednesday.

Oh Shanna. About you getting knocked off before you can post...I had that problem before too....and I can't remember where it is that you go to fix it, but someone told me to check my cookies. (whatever that means) But at the time, I was able to back and check things and I haven't been knocked off since. But like Jana said..before you post....copy it all before you do just in case!

Anyone know what I'm talking about when I mention cookies??????? Where do you go to find that again????

Ok. I'm going to attempt some scrapbooking.

Talk to you all later

Marti
Old 07-28-2004, 08:13 PM   #26  

Howdy gals! Went to my doc today, follow-up for my migraines. Apparently, he thinks that 2 a week, on average, is too many. He wants me to take a med every day to prevent them. I wasn't keen on the idea, but he sold me when he told me a side effect was loss of appetite! Sorry ladies, but looks like I've got an unfair advantage. I guess he mentioned this because I was complaining about gaining weight since I took an office job. He did tell me "all you have to do is get up and move around." Nothing like getting to the point!

I also took the cats to the vet. They both had their sutures/staples removed. The bad cat is allowed to be weaned from her conehead, and they can start to be in with the gen-pop supervised. Funny. My vet didn't think she was getting an infection. She thought it was just a reaction to an internal suture, and was quite happy with both of their healing. Finally!

I have done wonderful on food today. I skipped breakfast, I know, didn't have time. Tried to eat lunch at work, snacked on an apple and yogurt. Tried to eat a LC, but took 2 bites and didn't want it anymore. Had scrambled eggs with veggies and toast for dinner. I'm very full. Haven't even started my new med yet! Now I just have to get up and move!

Well, I have to run, check on Grandma. She had a cortisone shot today.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:02 PM   #27  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey all,
We went and got our passports done,,,Marti its always a good idea to have a passport,,,even if its to cross over the boarders.
Thats good news about your babies there Jen, and fantastic news about the meds.
I get migrains ever so often when TOM is apon me. Or when we are getting a major weather shift.
Tanner hurts every where today,,,push up and situps and all the running has taken its toll...
ok I made a terible terrible cheese cake today,,,had to, its the ice cream drumstick cheesecake thingy.,,,I won't bore you with details...*licking my lips...them capris will be fitting again soon.
well off for a walk...
ttfn
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 03:24 AM   #28  
self portrait

Default howdilee ho there ladies!!!!

Well I am back and ready to type my heart out and hope to the heavens that i don't loose all of my hard earned post.

Jana: My prayers are with you in full force. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer strength. So my good vibes will be sent to your neck of the woods along with everyone else. I am glad you had fun with your little ones the other day. I am beginning to think I will never give my parents any grandkids. They don't say it, but I know they would love to spoil some, especially since I am a only child and there only hope. My eggs are starting to kick me in the stomach as if to say, "hey, we are ready here missy, tick tock, tick, tock" Anywho, hugs to you missy

Marti: I feel for your little sweet mommy kitty. I hope she is going ok at the vet's . Is she staying there over night or for a couple days before she comes home to have you give her some TLC. I had to laugh at your description of the musical kitty fest you had. I just pictured bobbing heads and a funny scene with you and I giggled. I know, I am weird and only I know why the scen in my head was funny. But thanks for that. I am glad I was able so far to find a home for one of them. I think at least . The guy at work said he has bought all the stuff for it already. So mr. black kitty just needs his first shots before heading off to his new home. I will let you know. Also I think we need to have a scrapbook day here soon. Haven't had one of those in a long time and you need to show me that trick of yours. Seems like i never have anytime to do my crafts anymore since on my days off I have to do housework, since my sweetie can't lift a finger, and then he wants to do stuff and I go along. SO I need a me day to do crafts and such and who better to do that with than my scrapbook buddy.
Dolphin: I am sorry that I forgot what your real name is, so I am going to address you like this. I too suffer from severe migraines, I used to take Imitrex shots , but ran out and just never went back to get a refill. I take after my grandmother and I am the only one who has them in my family besides her. They are so life stopping when they come and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. I hope the medication helps you. I hope your kitty cats get better. I could not live with out my babies. Literally. My sweetie says he dreads the day when my male kitty ( my little baby) passes on to heaven. I told him he could just digg another grave and lay me in there with him. He is my special boy, more loving than any person, has to be by me or my sweetie 24/7, follows me around talking to me and doing what i call "flopovers" to get my attention for a belly rub. Ok, I am going to get verklempt here. After two years I finally got a vet to help me with his sickness. He had a constipation problem were he would get so backed up that he would start throwing up and laying sideways to try to push it out. It was horrible to witness the pain, and crying and I thought he was going to prolapse something. Finally after spending tons of money to Quack vets, I found one that gave me some med that worked. Of course we have to give it to him every day for the rest of his life, which he loves ( not), but it is worth it to have no pain and clean carpets. Well, that was probably not what everyone needed to know. To much info there, I just feel for animals in pain or torment, ya know. Anywho, enough of that novel, I pray for your babies and for TJ's as well.
Angie: hey there long time to talk. I hope all is well with you. How did the passport pictures turn out??? I dread when I will ever have to get one, I hate photos of any kind. mmmmmmm cheesecake, love it, one of my favorite desserts besides shortcake. great, now I am hungering for watermelon and cheesecake. I hate when you are cutting down on eating and then you start thinking about all the things you like and can't have. Makes everyone think I am starving or something cause all I can talk about is food. Anywho...
Well I think I have blabbered on enough, especially since it has taken me three hours to finish this between phone calls.
Hi to all the other jaded ladies I missed, hope your thursday goes great.
P.S. Hey susan, maybe all us oregon jaded ladies should meet up in Florence. Kill two birds with one Stone, we could all meet and you could see Florence for the first time. hee hee. Just a thought TOOTLES!!!!!!
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #29  

good morning to all the JL's,
Had a rough night the baby woke me up at 3 am for a shower because he had peeeed so much the he was soaked and his bed was soaked. so you can see me stripping the baby and his bed giving him a shower remaking the bed and getting him back to sleep. its been a long time since we had one of those nights. bless his little heart.

anyway, that made me sleep in and i had a late start. got up and weighed, lost 5#. then i ate celery, pb and an apple for breakfast. got the boys on the bus and then did my 4 mile walk video with leslie sansone. i feel great and hope for another good week.

I can see that everyone is doing great. Love the kitty stories. My kitty is 3, when I recieved her (she was my brothers cat and his wife became allergic to her) she was already spayed and declawed. she ways around 18# now but that is actually a loss from when i recieved her. i put her on the indoor formula of purina cat food (green bag) and it has helped her tremendously.

As for the migraines, i used to get migraines really bad and they put me on the imitrex pills (they gave me a generic called duradrin). anyway, my migraines are triggered by pepperoni but now that my son is over his pizza faze i no longer eat pepperoni. then he went on a hotdog faze and that was awful. now he is on a cocoa wheats faze. lol

well, gotta go. I'll check in tonight.
hope everyone has a great day!!!
tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:10 PM   #30  

No one up yet??

Just a quick hello before I have to leave to tend to grandpa's yard. Then I have to go pick up the mama kitty.......

I will do individuals later on tonight.

Have a good day

Marti