Old 07-27-2004, 06:56 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default Chit Chat # 63

HI and WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies Chit Chat!

We are a very warm, friendly and fun group of ladies who talk about everything. We also provide encouragement and support in our walk toward a healthier lifestyle, as well as in our every day lives.

So...grab a cup of coffee, diet coke, etc. pull up a chair and join us!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:14 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi Ladies,

Shanna - thanks for your kind words about my avatar. I would love for you to post your pic as one. Did you see that I brought up the avatar resizer?

RK - oic about the newspaper article. Sheesh, bet you're glad to get out of the middle of that situation.

Jo - come back when things settle down, ok?

Marti - the scrapbooking thing sounds so cool! And yes, to bad they don't make the tape wider. Hope James comes back Wednesday. Edited: Just saw your last post on the last thread.... good luck with the cat tomorrow, and Yes, on someone your height, 4 pounds is noticable!!
Katiecat - awwww... hope your migraine and kitty are both better.

TJ - I also follow Dr. Phil's advice about the processed food. Well, not 100%, , but better than I used to. Hope you get your sewer fixed! Yikes, what's with all the plumbing problems??

Cristi - glad you had fun with your son for his birthday! With your determination, I have no doubt you can make your weight loss goals a reality. If there is anything at all I can do to help you with WW, just holler. I don't know a lot about it, but will share what I do know. RK had to teach me about the water thing, lol. My sister asked me why I am a success this time, (so far) compared to past times and my answer was I had had enough! I guess we all reach that point. Anyway, good luck with it, Cristi.

Angie - lol, have fun at practice. When is your vacation, anyway? It's been so long since I had a passport, but I imagine everything is much more strict now.

Neal and I volunteered to watch the grandkids while Mary and Dale go to the fair. Everyone involved is happy with that arrangement, lol. I can hardly wait to get over there and get some slobbery kisses and sweet little hugs, lol. Life is good, and I am very blessed!!

bbl,
Old 07-27-2004, 08:38 PM   #3  

Had my weigh-in today. Lost 1/2 lb. I was hoping for more, but decided that at least I didn't gain a lb only to have to "relose" it.

The cat saga continues. (Sorry Marti, don't mean to freak you out, close your eyes!) But it looks like my little trouble maker may have an infection at the end of her incision. She has some creamy drainage. YUK! She's been on antibiotics. I have to take her into the vet in the am. I'm going to take the "good cat" in as well and have her sutures removed. I just don't know what I am going to do with these girls.

Jana - I'm not allowed to keep ice cream or alot of sweets in the house. I eat it all at once, not kidding. Major binge.

TJ - I'm not real big on processed foods. I cut out alot of it since I started monitoring my migraines. Didn't notice much of a difference with the headaches, but I do like homemade and fresh foods better.

Marti - Glad you're in the race with us! Hopefully this will really break all of our plateau's, no matter who wins!

Katiecat - Hope your little kitty is doing ok. I've always said with my "human" patients, a little onriness (sp?) is a good thing.

Well, I have to get outside and water my tomato plants. Their ears are hanging.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:03 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Hi,

Listening to my co worker on the telephone complete his time sheet. Thought I would drop in and say hello and pretend I am listening to him.

Congratulations to Jen & RK!! I will take your 2 pounds Cristi

btw- I was 144 this morning, so back down 1/2 a pound. Though I am STILL recycling because I was down to 139.5..............UGH!! lol

I did have 3 peaches with dinner. I walked to Freddies and bought some albacore tuna and lo fat cottage cheese. Was thinking of Angie ( as I often do) and bought some pickled beets. Strolled to the veggies and fruit to look for a whadder melon and saw peaches for 2 pounds for a $1 , so bought 4.
Ate 3 so how many does that leave me?? Didn't know this was a math board didja ya?? lol

Woke up at 7ish and laid in bed til 8ish......got a bathish and got dressed. Waited for the mail , which doesn't come til 10:30am. Got my child support check from Mike -YAY-......cause if I didn't I would have maimed him!~ Went to the ex's , because my favorite coffee place is close by and I wanted to see the girls..........ok, I really wanted the coffee........darn good
Picked up the ex and we went to the coffee shop and I ordered my coffee, he got ice coffee and we bought the girls blueberry muffins and hot chocolate.
Dropped him off and went to the bank, cashed the check and with drew some $$$$ for my brakes tomorrow. Have to go to Wilsonville......
2.5 hours to drive to Portland, Marti? lol How long does it take James? You just really need to zoom up here, shouldn't take you long at all........

anyway, where was I?? Got the $$$ and headed home because by now it is work time. Fast morning.

Came to work and picked up a diet pepsi from the machine. Worked , chatted, finished up my newsletter and sent it via email to the printer, did workorders for maintenance. Cause unlike some landlords.....we actually take care of our property and residents....lol.
Played around in Voyager , where we prepare residents certifications. I am suppose to be on x-live, otherwise I will miss up the "real" reports.
Hope my boss will let me start actually doing them in the near future.He is a very nice man! Very fair and hope to learn a lot from him.
The maintenance man that use to be so pi&&y with me is really rather nice and is funny. So we are getting along famously.Though our regular maintenance man will be back next week.
HAP has a camp for children this week down on the coast at Camp Rilea, they put it on for the children that live in the public housing system. So that is nice.

So, I guess that is it. Geesh............not much eh?? Never been to Florence , Shanna. Always went though Klamath Falls on my way down to Cali. Though it sounds wonderful....

best get to work!!!

ttfn

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-27-2004 at 10:09 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:39 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Wow, it is nice to read of so many actually losing weight. I can't get going again even though I have walked every day. I know I need to try harder. Well, tomorrow should be interesting. It is my liquid diet day as Thurs. is the day for my scopes. Maybe when Fri. rolls around I will have lost a pound. LOL
Today was a weepy day for me, and I still feel blah, so I won't try to do individuals or yak much. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.
Keep up the good work everyone!

suetalks
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:19 AM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I bought a scale months ago and have been on it 3 times all in the same week I bought it. I don't know if I have lost weight, but I had an embarrassing moment today. My capris slid down and well if I hadn't grabbed it then they would have been pooled around my ankles...EEEEEEEWWWW

Jen 1/2 lb lost is always better then 1/4 lb gain ....is a loss.
Poor babies....Im so worried about Skittles,,,Thursday she goes in,,,fantastic vet. He said because she gets so worked up she will be the first surgery that day. I have to work that day now,,,and I hope I don't cry,,,like the last time I had to take her to the vet. Angelika said she (skittles) will be ticked at my for a couple of days...*gulp

Susan,,,all i can say is EWWW beets! *Shudder But I went and ate at a moroccin restaurant a couple of months ago and ate a piece of beet sprinkled with cinnamon...it was not bad.
Jana, my holiday is August 28th to Sept 4 not long enough...lol And getting passports in close to a nightmare!

I took Tanner to football,,,and have can honestly say I don't like most of his coaches,,,7 men,,,more then half SMOKE! and when I say smoke they are smoking while they are surrounded by the kids! And if they don't smoke they walk around with 2 lb bags of spitz.
Adn to top off my dislike of these men....grrr is that I heard the headcoach talking to some other coaches and parents,,,someone said hey you have (my last name) on the team? his reply "ya I asked him if he was related and he said it was his dad's cousin,,,well let me tell you he better remember this is football and not hockey" ha ha ha Obviously he didn't know who I was and that I was sitting within hearing distance...untill he walked by and saw my stare. HERE is where I add,,,WWJLD? So ladies?
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:50 AM   #7  
self portrait

Default great I lost my whole post

Well, I will try again later when I calm down from this forum losing my huge post.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:58 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Angie--I am completely lost with WWJLD.....what does that mean? Did I miss the meaning somewhere?? And here is a stupid question and forgive me if I sound ingnorant....but about passports....do you get those only when you're traveling overseas? Or when you travel outside your country? Like...if I were to visit Canada....I wouldn't need a passport would I? (I can hear the laughter now)

Sue--I'm sorry you're having a weepy day today. I've been pretty weepy lately myself. I've even gotten teary eyed over simple little things. (well actually, I get that way all the time...but lately it seems like more!) Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Susan--Last week James had a year follow up eye appt. in Salem and so after class he left and it took him an hour to get from Portland to Salem...on the way back to the hotel...it took him 4 1/2 hrs!! There was some kind of traffic issue and he didn't get back to the hotel until 8:30. (his appt. was 4:00) Crazy I tell you!!!

Jen--I hope the plateau is over with. I'm tired of seeing 150. If I were to stay were I'm at for now on I would be ok. Not completely satisfied but ok. For some reason 150 just bugged me. (I'm scared to weigh in on Sat!!!)

Jana--Let me know what you think of the scrapbooking tip. And make sure you try it. Even your grandkids would have fun with that!

Shanna--Hope that you get a chance to post soon.

Ok...I need to get. I got to get up early for the cat trip to the vet.

Night!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:01 AM   #9  
self portrait

Ok, I hope all the ladies here have a nice wednsday , I just spent 2 hours , in between calls, writing my post and it was lost, so I will post again tomorrow after everyone else has posted, so I can think of something to say. It is very frustrated to have to remember what i typed in my huge post and do it all over again. ;-( So, I am not forgetting you all, just sad about losing everything. This keeps happenning to me, so next time I think I will save everything to my notepad, just in case this problem arises again. Tootles for now, back to the old grind of work.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:40 AM   #10  
my dad made me1 from wood

I did my slim in 6 video today the ramp it up one i plan on doing pilates later and hopefully go into the sauna or jaccuzi or both hehe. Angie- hehe at least ur pants are to big... let us know bout ur babies...
Susan- I love peaches yummy
Sue- Hope ur feeling better today..
Jen- Good job on the 1/2lbs I haven't weighed yet ill do that sunday and let u know.
Marti- How the vet app go?
Jana- Hope u have fun with the grandkids

I was sick all monday night and some of tuesday so didn't get much exercise in. I got a pair of shorts ( hate shorts) for tomorrows sports day hopefully i wont be to self conscious We had mcds last night for dinner my hubby had over 2000 cals and 100 grams of fat in one meal wow…. I had a happy meal think around 500 cals and 20 grams of fat.
James is on funeral detail next week and might have to go to florida for 5days which sucks coz i have a dr. app and somehow im gonna need him to take me otherwise ill have to redo it for a different date.I'm not allowed to go without my primary care giver otherwise i'd go find someone else take me. I hate staying here too by my self all the guys around always make rude comments specially if i have a low cut tee shirt on oh well men are men. Everyone have a wonderful day..
Take care, Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:07 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies!!

Jen - YAY for the 1/2 pound down!! Hope your cat gets to feeling better soon with no more infection. Are you going to make some salsa with your tomatoes?

Susan - YAY to you, too, for your 1/2 pound down!! I didn't know you taught math, lol....will there be a test!?! Can I use my book???? LOL

Suetalks - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow hoping all is going well.

Angie - sounds like you sure have lost weight if your pants are falling off!! Or else your elastic snapped, lol. You have every right to be angry about the meathead coach! But I'd probably keep mum since he may take it out on Tanner if you have a beef with him. Or say something in a jokey way that he will get the point, but not be defensive, you know?

Shanna - in order to not lose your post, give this a try - just type in a little bit and then hit "submit reply". Then when what you posted comes up, hit the edit button. Add the rest, and it should be okay. To be safe, go up to the edit button, and "copy" it all, just in case, before you submit the edited version. Sorry you lost it all - that's happened to me, too, and it is very frustrating!

Marti - WWJLD? means What Would a Jaded Lady Do. Rosie Kate came up with that one when she was asking us what to do about the exes. And I've added it to the acronym list just now. Don't worry about your kitty.... I just know she'll be okay. I've got a question about the scrapbooking thing.... after I get the paper off, and trim it, then do I just stick it down on the page like any other photo? If so, how can you tell it's transparent? Sorry I'm such a doofus... help me figure it out!

Heather - I did have fun with the grandkids! They make up for a lot of bad things that happen in life, you know what I mean? Hope you get to your drs appt. next week. If I lived close, I'd take you. And we could do lunch first!

Gotta go shopping today because I'm not sure I'll have time tomorrow. Tomorrow is one of my sisters' birthday, and I want to spend some time with her. And also Katie gets her Senior picture taken for the yearbook, and I want to go with her for that. This is just the one shot for the yearbook. Also, I'm hoping my glasses will be in tomorrow. So today - get the shopping done and finish the laundry. Like there's ever an end to Mt. Washmore!!

BBL,
Old 07-28-2004, 09:27 AM   #12  

hey ladies!

just ready everyones posts for the past 24 hours. now im gonna update me. lol
got up and did taebo and yoga and added 10 min of arm exercises with 5#wts.
tom is weigh in. ive decided that it does not matter what the scales say tom cause i feel so much better and that should count for something.

Angie- funny about the capris. I cannot believe how people can talk about others so negatively in such a casual way, shame on that coach.

Jana- glad you had a great time with the grand babies. my sewer problems are better. we recieved 2" of rain the night before which i slept thru, lol, and that is what the landlord says caused the problem. well, i am not taking any chances!!! if i hear that gurgling I am going out there and taking those caps off!!!

Jen- congrats on the 1/2 # loss. that is so great.

Susan- sounds like a good time at the coffee shop. congrats on the 1/2# loss.

i am so happy that everyone is losing wt and feeling good!!!

Sue hope scopes are ok. please keep us updated.

Heather- great job on doing the video!!! good luck tom.

Well, hope i didnt leave any one out. keep up the good work.

tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:03 AM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies--

Got an hour before I take the cat to the vet. She was extremely upset with me, because at the moment she's sitting in a cat carrier ready to go. The whole world has crashed in according to her....I believe the neighbors may be able to hear her calls of "help"!!

Jana--You just rub all the paper off until if feels smooth. It will only look transparent a little bit. If it has thick ink I guess it wouldn't...I don't know. The little picture I tried it on looks slightly transparent to me and when I hold it up to different colors of paper.....you are able to tell.

TJ--You've been reading quite a bit!! What did you learn about us?

Heather--I don't like shorts either! I prefer capri's if anything needs to be short. I don't appreciate my legs very much. Sad isn't it?

Well I better get going. Go check on the cat. She's quiet all of a sudden...she may burst out at the vet and go into attack mode.

I'll let you know how it went.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi and good morning ladies~

Just a quickie again as I have a busy day today. Need to get to the store, get balloons, make a cake, blah, blah, blah. Add to that straighten the house and do some laundry.

Will try to do individuals tomorrow.

Take care and have a wonderful hump day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:11 AM   #15  
my dad made me1 from wood

Marti- I hate wear capris i look like a clown in them hehe....
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote