Old 07-20-2004, 04:27 PM   #1  
Jo

Talking Desperately seeking support

Hola! I posted in the looking for a buddy section and Marti suggested I join you. My name is Johanne and I'm 31 years old. I just started visiting a nutritionist last Thursday and I am following a rather strict diet plan and need all the support I can get. I thought I would give this a try!

I need to loose around 80 pounds.. I am including my bio so you have a little information about myself.

Name: Johanne, all of my friends call me Jo.

BDAY: June 22 Age: 31 Height: 5'6"

Married since March 1996 with a beautiful six year old son.

I work as Administrator of a large multinational company in Puerto Rico.

Favorite movies: The bridges of Madison County and Sayonara! (with a young Marlon Brando) Also any movie where I can see Hugh Jackman

Hobbies: I love to read from biografies to romance novels, entertain and cook. I also meet every week with some friends and make scrapbooking.

Pets: My son's fish tank that I have to clean every two weeks.. does this qualify?

I am really looking forward to be a part of your group.

Jo
Johanne Corsino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:09 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Jo (I'll call you Jo if you don't mind)

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!! (sounds like I'm announcing a show that's about to begin... )

We'd love to have you join our Chit Chat thread. We talk about everything, not just our weight loss efforts. A quote from Jana our moderator: "Because how much we weigh is not who we are. It's just one aspect of our lives." And so we try not to revolve everything around just our weight.

Everyone here is on some kind of program or are doing their own thing. You asked me what I'm doing over on the buddy up forum, and to answer, I'm just watching my portions and trying to be more active. Pretty simple, but I do tend to lose slower this way...but I think losing slow is better, gives me hopes that I may keep it off!

Feel free to ask any of us any questions, and hopefully we can answer. Above all, we will be here for you to support you and cheer you on through out your journey to your goal. This place is fantastic!!

So join us over on the chitchat thread, get to know some of the crazy girls we have here and just jump in!!

Glad you decided to check us out!!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:33 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi and WELCOME JO~ This is a great place and I am sure you will like it here. PLEASE join us on the Chit Chat #60 thread.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:09 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Jo,

What they said....
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:52 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hola Jo, Welcome!

Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:20 AM   #6  
a work in progress

Hi Jo! If you are seeking support, this is the place -- these ladies are wonderful Hope to see you on the chit chat thread...
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:14 AM   #7  
self portrait

welcome to you as well, I echo everyone else. It is nice to have a new "voice" to listen to and get interesting facts and such from. New perspectives on weight loss and life is exciting and mind enriching. So good to have you.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:50 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

*bump*
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote