Old 12-09-2004, 05:39 AM   #91  
Beauty is within...

I've had SUCH a good healthy day today! Considering when I woke up this morning I was so tired that I didn't even want to get up, let alone go to the gym and do all the other things I had to do, which included going to the dentist to get 2 fillings - ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! I HATE the dentist!!!!

HOWEVER, I went to the gym, found that my fitness level has DEFINITELY improved - I did the usual 10 minutes on the treadmill, which I thought I wouldn't be able to manage. And then she got me on the bike, which last time I did at the gym I found really unfortable, especially in my back ... but wait for it.... today I did 5 minutes WITHOUT EVEN NOTICING!!! Those mornings of getting on my bike have paid off! So that got my excited, and then we did weights, which I flew through, and then she got me to do the stairs (going up and down 3 flights of stairs) and this time I did 4 REPEATS!!! I was feeling SO GOOD by the time I left I was all hyped for the rest of the day!!!

So I did some vacuuming, fixed a frayed carpet, had a shower, and then went to the dentist. Managed to do that without totally freaking out, then went and did some shopping - where I bought organic and vegetarian pastas, and more seeds and natural meusli for breakfast, and even some vegetable juice!!!! Supposed to be really good for you, but never tried it before!!!

Josh's concert got cancelled last night because of rain, so they had it this afternoon - I went to that after shopping, and watched the kids do their singing and dancing. Fairly simple stuff. It's quite sad, cos they don't do the whole father christmas thing anymore here. Because our culture is so diverse, I think they've decided that father christmas is a bit one sided, and kids of other beliefs would be left out. So they still do chrissy decorations and stuff, but at the end of year parties they have dancing and singing of other themes. This year each class did a different year, and Josh was doing the 1950's, so they dressed up in costume and did a dance to a 50's song. I wish they did carols like I used to do at school - there's nothing quite like it. The only time you see the whole Baby Jesus thing anymore is if you go to church. Which I don't. But I have fond memories of the midnight service that my parents took me to when I was younger....

Anyway, after that I went to a little Organic shop and spent $50 on organic fruit and vegetables, which made me feel VERY clever and healthy!, and then spent $60 on organic meat. So I've come home and sorted my cupboards out, getting rid of all the crappy sugary things and it's all looking VERY healthy!

I even bought a wholemeal egg tomato lettuce sandwhich for lunch!

Jo, that mall sounds like a great idea - I think it's cool that there's a whole bunch of you with the same idea. At least you've got something to do in crappy weather. Here, if it rains, you go to a gym, which a lot of people can't afford, or you just cross your fingers for decent weather. Luckily even in winter we have nice days still. Our winters are very mild in comparison.

I can't believe kids are only 1/2 way through their schooling- when do they start? How wierd! Sometimes we have BIG differences don't we?! Over here, it's such a huge thing to finish the school year and then have nice long school holidays. Josh is about to go on holidays, and will be off for about 7 weeks! That's why it's so nice to celebrate christmas and new year during that time. Unfortunately a lot of people still have to work, including me, but I do have a week off between christmas and new year, which will be nice!

Well, enough of me rabitting on! I'm off to have another early night so I can get up and do my bike in the morning! Didn't do it yesterday, so can't miss it again!

Hope everyone's week is going well!

Lynne
LoseForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:05 PM   #92  

Lynne--your really getting into this exercise thing--aren't you??? I walked this am--then again this afternoon and going again in the morning. They are predicting crappy weather so I went this afternoon JUST in case I'm stuck in traffic in the morning. If not--then I got in 4 days this week. Not going to post much tonight--lots of stuff to do. Is the healthy eating attributed to the book you just read???? I've done sugar busters a few time--really opens your eyes when you start reading labels. I have been reading them closely--since hubby's diagnois. He is really doing well at managing his diabetis. And he's losing weigh a lot faster than me Isn't that always the way--even when we eat exactly alike and I exercise more----not fair!!
Gonna run--I'll post more tomorrow. You keep up the gym and bike--it will make a difference--
Jo
Grandma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:00 AM   #93  
Beauty is within...

Hi guys!

Another GREAT day! Yes, Jo, a lot of this has to do with the book. I tried to explain it to my gym trainer. Basically, for the last 10 odd years I've had a weight problem. And people tell you "do eat this" "don't eat that", but apart from saying it's good or bad, you don't really know more. So after a while, although you know it's not good for you, you have it anyway, cos you don't really understand. But after reading this book, I've got a much better understanding of what foods can do to your body, and how that can affect your way of life. And then she very simply explains what you can do to replace the bad with good, and what benefits you'll get from it. To say I'm inspired would be an understatement!!!

So today, I got up and did my bike, and then I had low fat natural meusli with banana, morning tea was sultanas, raw cashews and almonds, and lunch was a wholemeal salad sandwich, raw carrot and WW fruit salad! Oh, and I had a glass of Vegetable juice at breakfast, much to the amusement of the kids! VERY wierd - like drinking cold tomato soup!!! And I've felt perky all day! A lot of that had to do with the mental state of mind, knowing that I've looked after my body - 2 days in a row! Sounds really sad when you get excited if you can go 2 days without eating anything bad!

Ooops, movie's about to start.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Keep up the great walking Jo= I'm so impressed! You're my guru!!!!!

Lynne
Old 12-11-2004, 02:26 PM   #94  

Lynne--what kind of vegi juice are you drinking. I like V-8. I use it in cooking also. I saute skinless chicken breasts in it. I also heat it in a big mug and drink it like tomato soup--only it has lots more vitamans and minerals. Hubby drinks it almost every morning--I drink it sevaral times a week. I can buy mine in the the regular grocery store--has more perservatives in it than yours probably--but still healthy. It comes in low sodium, hot and spicy and regular. I like all three. I can also get it with added calcium--which I do buy for myself--doesn't change the flavor any--just gives you a little more calcium. Well--the scale looked good this morning. Down another 1 1/2 pounds. Maybe I can make that 10 pounds by Christmas--how are you doing??? Tried on some old jeans this morning--I can get in them but still a little snug around the waist. Thought about wearing them anyhow to make myself more aware of what was going in my mouth--but changed my mind at the last minute. Did some marathon Christmas shopping instead--and wanted to be comfy! I'll do some wrapping this afternoon then I need to go thru my lists again to see what I still need to buy---I must be almost done
Will talk later. Keep up the healthy eating--I'm really proud of you!!
Jo
Old 12-14-2004, 08:09 AM   #95  
Beauty is within...

HI guys

This is a really quick post cos it's quite late, but wanted to let you know I'm still here!

I got struck with the dreaded gastro yesterday - hit me over breakfast! EW! Busy weekend, and then that, meant I didn't get to post.

The exercise has been great, and so's the eating - apart from yesterday! Today I ate well, but didn't exercise, but been moving furniture and doing cleaning, so figure that'll help!

Jo, THAT'S SO COOL - ANOTHER LOSS! I just see those jeans calling you! ha ha Well done!

I drink Berri "Harmonics", which has Tomato juice, carrot, celery, capsicum (red pepper), beetroot and vitamin C in it! It's very nice, but takes a bit of getting used to. I've actually missed having it today, but just couldn't quite face it.

How's everyone else doing? I'm actually showing a loss on my scales (!!!!!!!!) which showed BEFORE the gastro, and as long as I eat well, will only improve by having had the gastro, so I might actually see a loss for the first time in a long time! I'm going to give it another couple of weeks before I say whether I definitely have or not, but it's looking good!

Catcha'll tomorrow!

Lynne
Old 12-14-2004, 09:46 PM   #96  

Lynne--if it takes getting sick to start your weight loss---go for it Just joking--I know it's not funny. I'm having an ok week. Walked his morning--planing on going again tomorrow.. It's late--so I'll post later. Have a great day--hope your feeling a little better.Jo
Old 12-15-2004, 07:06 PM   #97  

Lynne--don't see a post today from you--hope your not still under the weather. I'm doing ok again this week. Hope the scale says so on Sat. I am liking only weighing once a week--no matter what. I have a doctors appointment on Friday--it will be nice to see where my blood levels are at now. I am getting stronger each day--so just maybe I'm close to normal again. It will be good to step on her scale and see how accurate my own is--I don't always trust what I see--but my clothes are feeling better so i should.
Almost done with my shopping--just a few small things left to pick up. I haven't finished my tree though I keep telling myself it looks great with just lights and the angel on top---must be a sign of old age
Walked twice so far this week--plus a quick walk to the grocery store the night before last. Still cold here--but not as bad as over the weekend. Walking again on Friday--early meetings in the morning so I'll skip it for Thursday....my feet need a rest anyhow.
How are you doing exercisewise??? Keep it up!! Are the children getting excited about Christmas and Santa--or do you call him Father Christmas there?? My grandchildren are spending the holidays in Florida at their condo--I'm going to miss them but I will see them on the 28th. They are very excited about the gifts gathering under their tree at home and a little worried about whether or not Santa will find them in Florida--but he always does!!!
Gonna run--hope your feeling better and staying on the program. Talk tomorrow.
Jo
Old 12-16-2004, 07:11 AM   #98  
Beauty is within...

Good evening folks!

Jo, I had hoped to get in last night, but was having a good chat to a friend interstate and got too late. HOWEVER! I have been eating really well and got up and did my bike this morning. I've also started doing girly pushups and situps - keeping it low key, but it's cool that I feel motivated enough, and have the fitness to do them!

Hope your tests go ok. Don't freak out too much if their scales are different - it's the losses you see on your that count! I think it's great that your clothes are feeling looser - it's the best feeling in the world! My jeans were DEFINITELY feeling looser around the waist this morning, and I stepped on the scales earlier on today, fully dressed, and weighed the same as I did undressed in the morning 3 weeks ago! So I'm sure I've lost, just not quite sure how much. I reckon a couple of kilos - which is about 4 pounds!! I've gotta stop getting on the scales all the time - it's my biggest weakness. It doesn't help if I hide them either - I just dig them out again! And if I don't have any, I go into withdrawals!!!! I'm looking forward to weighing in at the gym next week, cos she's been recording my weight since I started my program, 12 weeks ago, and I haven't lost any yet, so hopefully it'll show some good results!

I must go, it's late. We've been at my parents helping them put up their chrissy tree - Jo, FINISH YOUR TREE! Father Christmas (we sometimes call him Santa, but mainly FC), is being awaited with eager anticipation by Josh, Becky's a bit young yet, but she's loving all the decorations and stuff. She was very good today - we got a package from Marc's parents from New Zealand with chrissy pressies for the kids, and the kids very carefully placed them under the tree. Becky hasn't tried to open them, and hasn't been pulling at the tree or decorations. I'm very impressed!

Have a good night. Hopefully I'll get in tomorrow- I'm babysitting my sister's kids up at her place, so we'll see.....

Keep up the good walking Jo, I'll be thinking of you at 6am tomorrow as I drag my bod out of bed to hop on the bike!!!!!

Nighty night!

Lynne
Old 12-19-2004, 06:39 AM   #99  
Beauty is within...

Quick one tonight - I'm stuffed. I've been moving furniture and sorting out lots of stuff. We're having my dad's side of the family here on Christmas Day, so I've gotta make it look all clean and tidy.

Did my bike yesterday, but not today, but with all the cleaning and running about, I reckon I've done my fair share!

Hope all's going well with everyone else.

Talk more tomorrow.
Lynne
Old 12-21-2004, 06:37 PM   #100  

Hey Lynne--at LAST I got on-line. I think my servor must be super busy with last minute Christmas shoppers or something. Couldn't get on all weekend. Things went ok at the doctors--not great but ok. I am down 8+ pounds since early November--so that was great news. My hemoglobin is still VERY low. Still in the 9's. she doesn't want me increasing my exercising or decreasing my eating any more until I'm back in the 12-13 point range--then yesterday I started spotting again so I didn't walk today. Going to take the week off--I can't afford a period at this point--blood levels are just too low. I'm on medication that is supposed to stop the cycle--but guess they aren't 100% effective--as long as it stays light. I did finish my tree on Saturday. Also finished my shopping..A litttle house cleaning and I'm ready!! We had a little snow today--not enough to cover up all the brown grass but it's a start! Hope we get a little more before Friday. We celebrated with hubbys family on Sunday--went about 100 miles south of here. On Christmas eve my middle daughter and son are coming for dinner. We aren't celebrating until New Years Day when my oldest daughter and the grandchildren get back from Florida. Then the presents can come out from under the tree! Good for Bec not getting into the presents yet--it has to be hard to look at all the pretty wrappings and not open them yet!!! Keep up the exercise--housework is a start--but a real workout is better!!! I'll post tomorrow. Hope the scales are good to you this week--
Jo
Old 12-23-2004, 07:08 PM   #101  

Hey Lynne--this will be short and I probably won't be touching base for a few days--Christmas is almost here. Family over tomorrow so I'm busy cooking tonight,. Not expecting a loss this week--too many goodies laying around at work. One chocolate here--one cookie there--I know they add up and I'm sure the scale will tell me so tomorrow.....
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas--I know your children will!!! I'll try to touch base sometime this weekend.
Jo
Old 12-24-2004, 01:20 PM   #102  

Lynne--another quick post. Company coming soon. Well--I did have 1/2 pound loss this week--wasnt' expecting it but will gladly take it. Total 9 pounds. Didn't make Kermie 's 10 pound challenge--but close. I think we need to start a new thread after the 1st--New Year.... new challenge. Maybe 5 pounds a month--thats just a little over a pound a week. I'd like to say 8 pounds a month--2 pounds a week but I know thats pretty lofty. What do you say???? Let me know--maybe we can get Chris and Kermie back on board. Have a great day--MERRY CHRISTMAS11
Jo
Old 12-28-2004, 07:28 PM   #103  

Hey Lynne--guess your still busy with Christmas stuff. Let me know when your ready to start communicating again. Ok week so far--busy at work as usual. walked twice so far. Talk tomorrow.
Jo
Old 01-02-2005, 05:58 AM   #104  
Beauty is within...

Well, here's a belated

MERRY CHRISTMAS

AND A

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I haven't posted for a couple of weeks, but as you can appreciate, it's been rather busy. We finally got the house all clean - was still at it on Christmas Day mind you!! But it all looked lovely and everyone was very impressed. The back garden is looking so good compared to when we moved in. I think it says something when mum is suggesting we have it at my house because the back garden is looking so nice and is perfect for the kids. Lots of fun things to do. It's taken a long time and a lot of money, but it's worth it! Boxing Day was pretty bad. I was feeling very tired physically and emotionally from xmas day, and was pretty fed up with the fact that I was surrounded by family, but no one offered to help me look after the kids, or ask how I was feeling about xmas without Marc. Everyone just left me to it. I was pretty pissed off by the end of the day and practically forced my parents to take the kids overnight so I could have some time to myself. Felt better the next day, but am still fairly unimpressed with everyone's lack of sensitivity for how I am feeling. NO ONE has asked how I'm coping, or letting me know that I can talk about things if I want to. It's like, because Marc died, he no longer exists. Which is crazy. Yes, he's dead, but I shared 4 years of my life with him and a daughter. He hasn't ceased to exists because he died, and it's really important for me and Josh to be able to remember him. But whenever I bring up any reference to Marc, like remembering last xmas, people look all uncomfortable and act like I haven't spoken. Sorry.... I don't mean to *****, but I've had a gutful of people who say they care, but then can't back that up. You know? Apparently, my sister-in-law spoke to my sister about whether she should say anything to me, and my sister said, "well if you do, make sure you're prepared to REALLY talk about it, cos it annoys Lynne when people ask how she is, but get all uncomfortable when she is honest about it". And guess what? My SIL didn't talk to me about it!

Anyway, had a relatively quiet week last week, and then Josh and I sat up on New Year's watching movies on the TV outside in the back garden - bit like being at the drive in without having to leave the house! It was good fun, but I really missed Marc.

I've made some new year's resolutions this time. I haven't bothered the last few years, but I think considering the shitty year I've just had, I need to make this one count! So one is to make a concerted effort to exercise every day, and try to maintain a healthy diet. Well, at least make MORE of my days healthy eating versus the non-healthy days! So Jo, I like the sound of your plan. I reckon we start the new thread tomorrow, and start the new year with a BANG!

I hope your break went well and you didn't overdo it. Must be frustrating to want to lose weight for your health, and yet be told not to do too much because of your health! I'm a so TOTALLY impressed at your success before christmas - you are definitely the WINNER in the challenge!!!!!!

I hope we hear from Kermie and Chris soon - I'd love to know how their chrissies went.

I'd better go, I've got a dishwasher to load!

Take care, and speak to you all tomorrow.

Love from your aussie pal
Lynne

PS. On a somber note, isn't it awful about the tsunami! I hope you haven't lost anyone special in the disaster. I wish there were something I could do beside donate money. It's hard to comprehend just how huge the loss has been, and watching it on tv it seems so unreal. My heart goes out to all involved. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 01-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #105  

Hey Lynne--great to hear from you again. Figured you had been busy celebrating/ Sorry to hear it was such a downer for you. It is hard for people to talk about death--especially someone as young as Marc. Many people "think" their doing you a favor not mentioning your loved one--like that will make you not think about them I'm sure they felt it was in your best interest---
I actually had a 1/2 pound loss this week----what a SHOCK!!!!! Still having the bleeding problems and generally not feeling real chipper--but something has to change soon. Are you up to a 5 pound a month challenge???? Or maybe it would be more positive to say a loss each month and not put poundage numbers on it. Eat healthier, exercise and lose weight--let me know--and let me know when the new thread is going.
Gotta run--houseful of company coming in an hour and the table isn't set--the extra leafs aren't even in it!
No I don't think I know any one affected by the floods. My grandchildrens Au Pair is from Tailand and so far she hasn't reached her family--but I don't think they are too close to the affected area. It is indeed a very sad event. It will take many months to recover if not much longer. Many areas will probably never recover--
Jo