Old 07-12-2004, 03:57 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Chit Chat #59

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!!

We are a group and fun and silly ladies who can be down right serious when we have to!!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of coffee and join us!!

Love to have you here.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:02 PM   #2  
RosieKate

Hey I just posted over in #58...sorry - I didn't see the new thread....
RK
Old 07-12-2004, 04:09 PM   #3  

That's ok RosieKate----we were typing pretty much the same time.

Well after talking with Jana and Sue the first night in the chat room....I decided to change my signature. I didn't ever think to count what I have already lost. That made me feel better!! I'm already half there. Boy...it just made my day to do that.

Are you girls going to get sick of all my ramblings???

RosieKate--I've considered doing the 21 day challenge. But I've already started my exercises today. So when I have my first day of NO smoking....I might just add that with it!! Thank you for being by my side!!

Ok...off I go again!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:14 PM   #4  

Good evening. I have just a little while to post. So much to do, so little time. I don't know why I worry about it, will the world end if it doesn't get done? NOPE! Anywhoo, my kitten is trying to help type again!

HI Heather! Welcome to the group. These are a great group of ladies. I joined about 1 1/2 months ago.

I started Dr. Phil's book yesterday. I got through about 1/4 of it. I plan on working on it again tonight. It's pretty good. Inspiring anyway. It's got me thinking alot about what I set myself up for...failure. Well, now I have set some realistic goals for myself. I want to be down to 140-142 by Labor Day. That's 8 weeks from today. And today I weighed in at 156. YIKES. But I know I am holding water weight. Good ole TOM. So I may see a decent drop right away. But it also gives me the room to count water weight every month too. I also have a pedometer, so my goal for that is 10,000 steps a day. I have to get in a pretty decent walk tonight! I'm also on my ADA diet plan. I've got a notebook that I've got prepped to go until Labor Day to record everything that I eat. Now I just have to keep the enthusiasm all 8 weeks. That's the hard part!

Well, time to go do something. Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:15 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

RosieKate - YAY for you being down 2 pounds!! Way to go!! Hope your MIL's SO gets good test results. It's always scary to wait.

Marti - bet your patio looks real good! Now come and work on mine, okay? Yes, I did think you should change your signature to show how far you have come already. Makes a difference in how you feel, doesn't it? Like when Neal told me I should count the 10 off from last fall - sure made me smile!

Cristi - hope you're having a good trip and come back soon!

Heather - a big ol' welcome to you! We're a crazy bunch, but we have fun and encourage each other through all kinds of stuff. Post often! I lived at Ft. Campbell for awhile, so I know about Army life... hurry up and wait, right? lol.

Jen - I think your goal is doable, especially with the water weight. You sound very serious about success - I just know you're going to make it this time. Dr. Phil sure does have a way with words, doesn't he? He just lays it on the line...

Susan - where are you, missy? Hope you're having so much fun you don't have time to post! Kiss the Gabster for me.

Angie - has Monte got you making the brew at home yet, lol? EDITED to add: just saw where you posted on the other thread. Yes, please take pics and share with us! About the cereal pie crust, do you mean like hot oatmeal?? Or like crushed Cheerios?? Please tell me you mean the Cheerios, lol.

We are leaving in the AM, and I have to say I'm looking forward to a couple days away. Not that my life is so hectic, but just for something different to do.

Marti will be a temporary mod this week, so if you have a problem or spot a problem, let her know, okay? And keep in mind that Suzanne is just a click away, too. Not sure at all when Cristi will be back, but I should be back to check in late Wednesday or Thursday AM.

See you then!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:23 PM   #6  

Hello again ladies--

Angie--I watch Dr. Phil today too. I had never seen it. The food that Robin cooked looked sooo good and so easy to prepare. I may have to just get his cookbook.

Jana--Sure hope you have fun the next two days. How far is it to where you're going? I'm looking forward to getting away from this town for a day. I told James that when his conductor school is over and before he get's into full swing of working, that I want to head to the coast for the day and just enjoy the beach. He said OK!

Jen--I agree with Jana....you're determined to do this. Me too. I've been trying to set realistic goals myself. Been trying to lose the same 5 pound every month!! Somethings got to give!

Hi to all the rest of you girls.

I'm going to go browse......

BBL I'm sure

Marti
Old 07-12-2004, 08:48 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

(bumping ahead of the last one, lol)
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:59 PM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hye Jana,,,,no its like oatmeal crisp or banana crunch...kinda...and you blend it with lowfat margerine or butter if there is such a thing and there you go a pretty decent pie crust.
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:04 AM   #9  
RosieKate

Good morning!
Well, the news on MIL's SO is mixed. Still in ICU, apparently did have a mild heart attack that did some damage. Should be out of ICU today after all his meds are determined to be correct, then three more days to make sure he's stable before going home. UGH! If ever there was a story to convince people to take care of their health when they are young, this is it! He has had diabetes for years, and underwent a quintuple bypass some years ago. He has been pretty lax at controlling his diabetes, but had started to get better in recent months, to to the point he had agreed to test himself everyday and try to watch his diet.
After this heart attack, he was told that two of his bypasses are completely blocked and he cannot have another bypass 'cause there's nothing to bypass to. He still has two that are working, but if he doesn't aggressively control his diabetes, he will be a dead man in short order. The insulin makes the blood more sticky which kicks the cholestrol into higher gear and the arteries clog even faster. As his family we are are relieved, of course, that he isn't dead and has one more chance to take his health seriously. But I know we are all feeling a little angry too because he has been warned repeatedly by docs over the years that this would happen and I guess he just didn't think it would happen to him.

Funny aside: My IL's have been pretty supportive while I've been adjusting to my Dad's impending remarriage. David told me they were chatting at the hospital about it and my MIL started in on my dads ex( soon to be DW) Believe me, there's lots to kvetch about. David had to stop the conversation and informed them that they would have to change the subject as the woman works at that hospital! I can just imagine the repercussions if the former stepmom overheard any of that! This town is too dang small......

Enough about my hectic, drama-filled life.

Jen - I'm glad you are reading Dr. Phil. It did a good job of giving me the swift kick in the behind I needed to take my health issues seriously. I'm the kind of person who really had never been negatively impacted by my obesity other than dissatisfaction with my appearance. My BP, cholestrol, sometimes even my BMI have all been tip top. Never had any physical ailment of any kind. But after the birth of my daughter, my six week check up revealed me to be at an all time high weight. Then I started having aches and pains, back problems, plantar fasciitis. I had to realize that what was probably fine for me in my twenties was not going to work in my forties, so Dr. Phil really helped me see that. I'm glad you are doing ADA. I didn't think his diet advice was all that great. Just my opinion, mind you.

Marti - Can we call you the mod with the most? Hee hee. The beach has been absolutely gorgeous.... definitely go!

Hi to everyone else......

RosieKate
Old 07-13-2004, 12:51 PM   #10  

Good morning ladies--

How is everyone doing today?

RosieKate--Sorry to hear about your MIL...a mild heart attack can be scary! Hearing things such as that going on in the family always has me wanting to better myself....and now that I'm dealing with it myself.....it's time to take charge.

Well as you can see, I'm working as a temp this week. Actually for only a couple days since Jana will be back Wed. Not sure when Cristi will be back. So just remember girls.....I'm a shy timid thing and I would just have myself a panic attack if anything crazy happened! So if you're feeling in the rowdy mood....wait until Thursday!

All kidding aside, if anything comes up just let me know. I will try my best to help.

I got a call from Jana last night. It was a very nice visit. I was surprised to hear from one of the Jaded Ones. So now, I have a face and a voice to the woman named Jana. It was funny though when I first answered, she told me that I sounded like a little girl.

Ok ladies, today is Tuesday and I need to go see my grandpa. My aunt and cousin go over there on Tues. to clean. Plus, I need to see if my grandpa plans on going to Seattle Washington or not. My Uncle up there has been asking him to come up for a week.

I will be back later to check in.

marti
Old 07-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #11  
Give me strength

Marti that is so weird I was going to call you last night too,,,but ended up getting like 4 long distant calls from family and friends...such a weird night with everyone being so chatty.

I am cranky today,,,neighbours are away for a week, and the sister is staying at the house,,,she had a party last night,,,LOUD music till 3 am,,,so loud I could hear Neil Diamond's words...grrr now I am talking about a 50 yr old woman,,,
Monte had to hold me back,,,I do have a short fuse when my sleep is interupted for no good reason. It was only later in the day that I told him I wanted to do was use the phone to call over and tell them to turn it down...he thought I was going over to scalp that %$^#$% blond bimbo...to see her you would understand.
If they do that again I will call over,,,then call the cops
Angie
Old 07-13-2004, 07:31 PM   #12  

Hello again my friends!!

Well I am back from going to grandpa's. When I got there he was on his way to my house to move my shed back, and so I told him that I would ride with him (I didn't want him doing that alone) but first I made us some lunch. Sat out on his back patio and looked at the view of the beautiful trees......then we left for my house. I thought I was going to die of a heart attack!! I just get so nervous watching people jack up "huge" things with a jack and getting underneath to prop it up.....we did get it moved back and my heart rate is semi back to normal. The things my grandpa will do for me.

Angie--Wow....reading your post made me feel like when we meet, I will always be safe! That is of coarse you decide you like me, and if not, then I better hide my wimpy butt behind something!! I haven't ever been disturbed by neighbors in this house. I am surrounded my the elderly. So it's pretty quiet. Which is very nice. But the house before...I was woken up by strange rustling noises in the bushes!!! That scared me. Never want to run into a crazy animal.....human or not!

Well I'm done running around today. Hot and tired. Pushing a big shed wore me out!! (I'm wimpy)

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I'll probably pop in again later. You all take care.

Marti
Old 07-13-2004, 08:28 PM   #13  

Good evening! I'm working on trying to stop a full-on binge. I would love to go get a nice big shake, or a sundae, or hey, isn't a banana split healthy? I'm sure it is because I got into it with a woman at work today. She is a "martyr" and thinks she does more and works harder than anyone else. What a crock. And I told her so today. Of course this was while my boss was running up the stairs away from her. She hates any confrontation. Of course I called her out on the carpet about that too. Lovely day. Did I mention I have PMS? Really? Who could tell?

I got a catalog in the mail today that is so cute. It's all holiday stuff, really cute snowmen, gingerbread men, etc. What a relief to see that stuff. It is only 95 degrees and as much humidity today. Makes me long for a foot of snow. Am I nuts? Yeah, I am. But it's giving me some good ideas all ready.

Marti - Good luck with the MOD thing! I promise to control my mood swings while I am here! You are so lucky to have a grandpa who is able to help you with those things.

Ok, apparently my little kitten crawled inside my cabinet in my desk because she just crawled out on the keyboard shelf. Now I have my typing helper again!

Angie - I hate neighbors like that. I've got one! I think there is one in every neighborhood. I called the cops on mine about a month ago. He's settled down since then.

RosieKate - sorry to hear about all that is going on right now. My dad had a heart attack, only his wasn't mild, he didn't survive it. And he was only 46. Talk about a reality check. Of course he was overweight, smoked, drank, didn't move around much. I've quit smoking since then, but it's always in the back of my mind. I did the ADA thing 5 year ago, got down to 125. A little too thin for 5'9" though! But it worked really well. 140 sounds about perfect for now.

Jana - have a good time away.

I guess that's it. My urge has pretty much passed. Guess I'll go relax for awhile, grab good ole Dr. Phil.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:34 PM   #14  
Give me strength

Im harmless really...*evil smirk this is after gettting about 4 hours of sleep.

Jen, you go girl!

Well my dad had two major heart attacks and yet he doesn't take care of himself and blames everyone else...what a dumb bleep. Diabetic,,has had all his toes on one foot aputated just this past christmas...and yet he doesn't eat right,,,and blames everyone for that also...one of the reasons I have nothing to do with him.

I took Skittles for her shots, and to make an appointment for her to be spayed...all on her birthday poor baby.

Well Im off to watch LCS

Angie
Old 07-13-2004, 10:45 PM   #15  

Ok I'm mad!!

I just got this phone call...a woman asking for James. (at least I think she said James) and I told her that no he's out of town for a week. Then she said
"Yeah, am I suppose to believe that? "I was shocked. I told her yes...she is. She repeated "Am I suppose to believe that?" I'm like What?! Yes...he's out of town for a week!! She said..."yeah right, I'll call back tomorrow" I told her fine. And she hung up.

This was a long distant phone call...one I've never seen. I'm pretty sure she asked for James...but it could be someone else she asked for....we keep getting calls for a Tim.....Any way...I was instantly ticked that she would accuse me for lying!! Who the **** does she think she is?? Maybe I ought to call the number back. I tried calling James...but he's not near his phone....I will have to give him the number and have him call and have him ask her why she said that.

I will be waiting for her phone call tomorrow. Then I will let her have it. We've never seen that number before so if she thinks that she's called before....she's got something coming!!!

**heavy breathing going on here** trying to calm down.......

Ok....I'm ok now...........

Nothing like raising my blood pressure over a phone call!!

Angie--How 'bout I give you the number and have you harrass her for me!! Hee-hee......wait until you've only got a few hours of sleep though!!

Ok...done rambling and griping!!

I'll check in later
marti