Old 07-14-2004, 12:07 AM   #16  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

give me the number...or better yet give it to Jen and me and we can tag team
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:06 AM   #17  
RosieKate

Hey gals -
Marti - if it were me, I'd be calling that number back and getting to the bottom of the situation. Why should YOU be the one stewing and stressing, here? Also, getting hold of James to let him know what's up is good, too. I hate I when stuff like this happens. I went through a phase of creepy hang-ups a few years back - shiver.

Jen- I think calling people out who deserve it can be cathartic, if done correctly. like no name calling and just dealing with actions, not personalities. I just did this to my dad and after twenty years of putting up with some pretty horrid stuff from him and his then wife. It did feel pretty good to just lay it on the line, whether he was capable of getting it or not. Hopefully, in your situation, your coworkers got it, and either a) they will improve, or b) they won't but they'll at least leave YOU alone

Angie - I think we should all hire you to be our Enforcer! Maybe Marti could use some of your PI skills.....Your dad sounds alot like my FIL, only he doesn't really blame others for his predicament. I don't know what he's thinking, really. His health issues sound really similar to your dad's and I just don't understand this notion men of his generation seem to have that they can just handle it, or will it away or something? I do know that people in his life are already setting up boundaries because none of them want to watch him kill himself through neglect.

Sounds like we all have people in our lives right now who good use a good butt-kicking! They should be careful, Chickies are not to be messed with!

I'm hanging in there with the WW points. It's turning out to be a good system for me. The biggest change (other than the layer of accountability I seem to always need) is that I'm drinking milk again. Going to work on getting some yogurt in there, too. I noticed that I've made throught the last two weeks with no binge eating. Used to be when a lot of emotional stress would hit - off I'd go. So I am making some improvements here - finally!

And a happy day to you all....
RK
Old 07-14-2004, 01:07 PM   #18  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies--

My neck is stiff this morning...I slept on too many pillows!! So just picture me sitting here with my head constantly rolling back and forth----

About the phone call last night. James called me late last night and I explained it to him and he laughed. Wondered why I didn't ask to make sure if she said James or not. I told him that I will wait for her call today and she can repeat herself and act like a fool.

Then....I get this strange phone call...a voice I've never heard before...and it was Angie!! What a surprise! She had me laughing so much that I had tears in my eyes!! I'm not sure how long we talked but it was fun chatting with someone you've only "talked" to over the internet.

So Angie--Was talking to me a disappointment? Do you think I'm as nice as I say I am here on this site? I found you to be one funny gal!! I enjoyed our conversation. I'm hoping we can all get together next year and talk our ears off!! I went to bed soon after I hung up and ended up reading until the wee hours.....after I had said that I need to stop doing that.

Jen--Anytime you are fighting a binge...come here and talk it off. I do that OFTEN! As you notice, I post quite a bit. Not having a job of coarse doesn't help things. I do keep busy, but there are time that I'm visiting the kitchen, talking to the food telling them off saying that I'm better than they are and I end up here! It's very helpful.

RosieKate--You'll be like Jana soon...posting every week with a weight loss...with me sitting here with the green eyes stewing over the fact that I can't even lose 5lbs. I think it's great that it's working for you. It's been said before from someone that only when you're truly ready to lose weight, will you lose. I must not be quite ready.....for the last year!**sigh**

Actually I haven't weighed myself for two weeks now. With TOM here during my Saturday WI I chose not to weigh. But this Saturday I'm getting on there and I'm going to see if I'm doing any damage. I've been eating much better and I"ve been moving more. I'm really trying to work on the bloating issue. I have a belly that will bloat from ANYTHING that I eat!! No wonder I have people wondering when my baby's due!! (that happens every once in awhile) Maybe the next time I'm asked that I will give them a date and just have them wait, and wait, and wait......and instead of getting bigger, I get smaller! Think that'll work?

Where are all our MIA ladies?? Katie, Kathy, Susan, Kayecee, Sue (wait...I know where Sue is) LibraryKate, Who else??? Come back and post to let us know you're doing ok.

Oh, my cousin loaned me three more books from Sue Grafton...D-E-F. Now that I have talked to Angie over the phone and having the PI in her....when I read these books....Angie will be the main character!! Have you read her books Angie? They're good books. I'm hooked. I always try to put a visual of what the person looks like when I'm reading and since you both investigate...well......you're now my mystery solver hero!!

Ok...I'm writing a book here myself. So I better go do my hair and clean up a little. Never know who may show up and want to visit little ol me.

I'll check in later
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:50 PM   #19  

Well where is everyone today??

I have to say....I am weepy today. I've been watching Dr. Phil and anything emotional and I've turned into a baby!!! Before that I was watching some movie on lifetime (don't know the name of it) and it had me in tears too. So I had to take a break and get away..... No more letting the makeup run down my face!!

Well I hope you're all enjoying your day. It's extremely HOT here today. I took a look at my yard and thought I ought to get the weed eater out and chop some stuff up.......not now....too hot!! So maybe later this evening. That ought to make the neighbors love me even more!!

Well I thought I would check in....but no one has posted yet since I've last been on here. (boy.....I need to get a life!)

BBL
Marti
Old 07-14-2004, 07:04 PM   #20  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm home

Here I am, emotionally drained and physically tired, but home. I had to come in here to read and chuckle at some JL posts to get me going.
Thank you all for your good thoughts, wishes and prayers.
I will be back later and may even get to chat.

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:08 PM   #21  

Where is everybody? Did everyone go away with Jana? Hmmm, what am I missing out on?

It finally cooled off here, about 80 now. Excellent for July. I was going to mow at least part of the yard tonight, but I think I need gas for the mower. That may be my excuse to put it off another day!

2 of my furry kids are having surgery tomorrow morning. Thumbelina is getting spayed and declawed, Cameo is getting spayed. Makes me nervous. I have to get the spare room ready for their recovery tonight. They'll spend one night in the hospital and come home Friday after work. It just breaks my heart to see them hurting. Hopefully they'll heal fast.

Marti - Did you ever figure anything out with that phone call? That is really weird.

RosieKate - I think my coworkers got the picture. My boss drives me nuts sometimes. She never comes right out and says something. She tries to manipulate and beat around the bush. Get to the point already. Regardless, I felt better! I'm so mean!

Angie - I'm up for it. I think I have conference calling. This could be fun. Lets go get everyone! I've still got enough PMS left in me to go a couple more rounds!

I didn't get anywhere in my Dr. Phil book last night. I read through my quarterly newsletter from the state of IA for my nursing license. Guess I'd better get busy, I'd like to get into that too.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:01 PM   #22  

Well ladies--

I had to sit and watch something else that made me cry....have any of you watched Montell Williams when he has Sylvia Browne on? She's like a phsycic of some kind...anyway, I watched and was listening to all these stories people were talking about wanting to know about their family who have passed away.....just seeing the tears in their eyes got to me!! One woman from the audience stood up and said "I was diagnosed with lung cancer, how much time do I have" response was "6mons"....now why would you really want to know??? Just live your life to the fullest and enjoy it as much as you can!! That would just freak me out!!

Jen--Nope, the woman hasn't called yet. I'm sitting here by the phone waiting for her to call though!!

Sue--welcome back!! Hope you get some rest and relaxation before you have to get back to work.

Jana--You should be back by now...hope you enjoyed your days with your daughter!!

I will check in again later....going to go browse around.

Marti
Old 07-14-2004, 09:01 PM   #23  

Hi Jana!! I saw your post on the word game!! How was your trip?
Old 07-14-2004, 09:32 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I was just getting ready to post on this thread and the power went out! We had some terrible storms, and they are repairing the lines.

Marti - thanks so much for moderating while I was off having fun. I betcha the phone call was only a wrong number. There is no way James is on the DL. (you didn't think I knew about stuff like that, didya?? ) Hope you are feeing more cheery!

RosieKate - hopefully, your MIL's SO will straighten up his lifestyle now that he's had a close call. Sometimes that's what it takes. Like you, I get some milk everyday. Or dairy in some form. Thay say is helps us lose.... always something new to think about, right?

Angie - hey, that pie crust sounds good! Try it and let us know what you think, okay? Neil Diamond, huh? All together now... Sweeeeeet Caroline, dum dum dum, lol. I have some very good memories of Neil Diamond's music in the 60's and 70's. But Chris Isaak's cover of Solitary Man is better.

Jen - if the catalog is a good one, post or PM me the toll free number to get a copy, okay? I just know your babies will be okay. Thank goodness you get them fixed. So many people don't, which thoroughly honks me off! PS - banana splits are NOT counted as a fruit, lol!

Suetalks - glad you are home safe. Rest up and then tell us how it went, if you want.

Cristi - hope you are having a good week.

First of all, Marti has the voice of an angel. A young angel at that! It was so good talking to her. So Angie, when are you going to give me a buzz?

The shopping trip with Katie was so much fun! And I stayed OP. Tried the new WW chicken tortilla stuff at Applebees, which was only so-so. Had 3/4 cup pb Cap'n Crunch for a snack last night since Neal wasn't around to make popcorn, lol. The cereal travels well, lol.

I didn't get any clothes because there weren't many winter things out yet, and I don't need any summer stuff. Bought 2 more matching bras and panties sets. I just love lingerie! But the best thing I bought was... are you ready??? Sue Grafton's new book!! It's R is for Ricochet Can't wait to begin it!

Better get this sent before my power goes out again!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 01:30 AM   #25  

Ok Jana...call me clueless....What does DL stand for??

Last post for me tonight...sure you're all wondering if I ever leave the house!! I do, really I do!!

It was hot out today, then all of a sudden,,,,it really got cloudy and cooled off big time. I actually shivered! Bizarre I tell you.

I just finished reading a True Crime book. "In broad daylight" Anyone heard of it? Off the top of my head I can't remember the author but the story truly made me go through all emotions!! I was baffled, saddened, upset, but most of ticked off!!

It's about this man who pretty much bullied a small town in Missouri and got away with so much!! And while I was reading it I kept thinking "this is all true, it actually happened!" Can't believe it. My aunt and cousin have so many books that I use them as my library! And my aunt likes to read the True Crime type and so that's how I got my hands on that. So if any of you are into reading those types of books....that was worth reading. Oh just grabbed the book...it's by Harry MacLean. Interesting story.

Ok...I'm going to bed early tonight. You all take care and I will check in in the morning.

Marti
Old 07-15-2004, 07:47 AM   #26  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning Ladies,

Marti - DL is "down low"... having secrets, especially cheating on your spouse. I heard about it on Oprah, and know James wouldn't do that to you. It is hard for me to read true crime. There is a book out called Through the Cracks by Patti Bell about a little girl from here whose father murdered her. Mrs. Bell (who was Katie's kindergarten teacher) reported suspected abuse to the authorities more than once, but the system didn't protect the child. Very sad.

Hi to all the Jaded Ladies.

Vel and 1thinner, if you see this, you've found the right place! It was fun in chat last night.

Today is my eye doctor appt. I'm going for the rimless frames but may try the sample contacts as well. In RosieKatie's picture, you can't even tell she has the the glasses on! I know they will be visible, but I think it's something I'd like a lot. However, they have made such strides with contacts that they may work for me now. We'll see...

After that, I'm going to pick up Mackenzie and she is going to help plant pumpkins. She helped put them in peat pots recently but now it's time to get them in the ground. She's staying for dinner and I know we'll enjoy her company. Five-year olds can be highly intertaining, lol. Especially a chatty one like her.

What are you going to do today?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:04 AM   #27  
self portrait

Jana: I am going to sleep today. I am sure you really wanted to know that, but you did ask. So don't blame me if you pass out with the boredom of my day and get a bump on your noggin. :-)
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #28  
my dad made me1 from wood

Marti- That book sounds interesting
Jana- GOOd luck with ur eye app...

Nothing much has happen to me Just feeling tired and didn't wanna do much yesterday stupid TOM.... However, today i got in all my exercising my dh had a 10k to do this am so i got up with him... Next friday he has a 20k wow I don't think I could do 12mls in like 2 or 3 hrs with an extra 30lbs on my back hehe... Well I'm gonna go clean up talk to u chickies laterz...
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:54 AM   #29  
RosieKate

Heather - is your DH training for a marathon? His workouts sound like what my DH was doing when he was training. For his 40th birthday, he joined a training group and ran a marathon. I thought that was pretty cool. Now he trains and runs some competitive 10k's in the area, but still has his eye on another marathon ...some day

Jana welcome back. Mackenzie sure sounds adorable! 5 is a great age - they are really great helpers. My son ( age 7) is showing some interest in the garden. Not surprising as that is our main form of entertainment around here. He informed me on Monday that we wanted to spend his allowance on his OWN flower garden. So we went plant shopping. He picked out a daisy mum, a penstemon, black-eyed susan, and another one I can't remember. It was a fun morning. I think you'll like the rimless glasses. I sure do. The only drawback has been my rambunctious DD grabbing them off my face and bending them out of shape. I think she's outgrowing that....

Marti
- Put down the remote! Back away from the television! No more talk shows for you, missy! I've just started watching the latest season of Sex and the City on DVD - I get it from our library so I have for three weeks and its free. We don't have cable...so we get the Sopranos and SATC this way. I tell you, I shoo everyone out of the living room, get a glass of wine - two points - and the it's Mommy Time!

Took the kids to the park yesterday - blew off Mt. Washmore, so I'm playing catch up today. Incredibly, we saw a deer in the park! Now, Southwest Portland is considered an urban area, but we do have some rather large forested park areas. So I 'm not surprised there are deer in the area, but it is rare to have one venture into the population. All the grownups got on their cells and tried to get Animal Control involved beacuse we were all worried the deer would get hit by a car. Bunch of lazy bureaucrats AC said, can't do anything now; if it runs into the street call 911. So when the deer ran into the street, someone called 911 and the operator said, "Don't watch" - Ugh.

Today we are hanging out around the house. FIL ( retired architect) is coming over to work with my son on a design for a tree fort for the backyard. FIL asked us to be available so we could give a final approval of the design - doesn't want to put any thing in it we adults would find unsafe, I guess. I told him the only constraint is that it can't be so big we can't afford to build it! oh, these architects...gotta keep them in line...or the next hing you know its Frank Lloyd Wright in your backyard

Hi to all the fabulous JLs! I see the chat is set for 7pm my time - I'll try to drop in.....
RosieKate
Old 07-15-2004, 11:56 AM   #30  

Good morning ladies--

I must have scared Angie the other night over the phone, she hasn't posted since!

Jana--Ohhhh....so that's what DL stands for! I've never read true crime before...this was just loaned to me by my aunt...Have you heard of the book "Small Sacrifices" ? About a woman named Diane Downs who shot her children then tried to blame it on some wild looking man? That happened here in Oregon. She used to be my mail carrier when I was a kid, I used to see her every morning!

Shanna--How well are you sleeping in this heat?? I hope those fans help you out. It's been sweltering hot out!! But this morning, it's awfully cloudy.....maybe we'll get a break and have a little shower to water everything!

Heather--You sound like me....TOM really puts a damper on what you want to do for the day doesn't it?? Hope you start feeling better and have a great day.

RosieKate--Today I will try to refrain from watching too many talk shows!! Actually today I have a meeting with an advisor, then I go and pick up Jhanai for the week. She wants to camp out in her room tonight. I'm not so sure I'm ready to sleep on the floor, but if that's what she wants to do, then we'll do it!!

Well girls, I need to get my day started. I have laundry do to and I need to shower and a whole list of things!!!

I'll be back later to check in.

Marti