Old 07-03-2004, 09:51 AM   #16  

Spryng, how do you feel today after all that yoga?! I bet you found muscles you didn't even know you had.

Penny, those are some great looking kids you have.

Diane, hope logon cheek is better. Have a great get away with your sis. Wish I had one close to my age. I am one of 6. 33,30,21,17,16,and 9. My sisters are 21 and 9. I'm the 30 YO and my brothers are the rest. Crazy family.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 10:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Well I tried to get a good nights sleep but ended up tossing and turning until almost 1 am. I had diet coke with dinner and I hadn't had any caffeine in almost a week so I think it revved my system up. I should know better by now, lol. A little caffeine really works on me and I should only drink it in the morning or else. O-well... I do feel fine today though. I'm not feeling any soreness yet but if I workout in the evening I won't really start to feel sore until the next evening. So we'll see. What does everyone have planned for today?? I am cracking down on this house! I'm washing my sheets. I bought that clorox 2 for colors, anyone use this? My sheets are almost 2 years old and are yellow and white checked and I wanted to brighten the color but can't use regular bleach so I hope this helps some. Then I need to sweep and mop sometime today, get some laundry done and vacuum. So I plan on turning some music on after I'm done here and rocking out while cleaning! LOL. Not sure what is for dinner tonight. I have a new menu for this week. Maybe some herbed chicken with rice. I'll let you all know for sure later. What are you all having?

Melissa, how was it growing up with 5 other kids?? Sometimes I dream about a large family. I am the middle child of 3... sucked. I am determined not to raise my kids the way I was raised. Hope you enjoyed the treadmill!! Someday I really am going to buy me one. I've always wanted one but really don't have the space.

Leigh, hope you have a wonderful trip!!! Enjoy those flexpoints! and your family too of course And I totally forgot about ebay for the ww materials. What was I thinking?? lol. Yes there are great deals there especially if you buy the winning points materials and not the flexpoints but do the flexpoints anyway.

Cindi, is christian getting anything in the evenings that might be keeping him awake? Like caffeine or sugar or something? My kids go to bed whether they are tired or not. They can play on their beds with their light out (they have night lights) until they are sleepy but they have to go to bed at a regular time, which is usually around 9:30 for them. That is the same for nap time, they don't usually sleep anymore during nap time but they have to stay in their rooms and have quiet time until Tanner wakes up, and that is my quiet time too or for a nap if I need it. I hope you get more sleep tonight. How old is he again?

Jaymi, I missed you last night! Congrats on the 2# down!! That is fantastic! Exercising for 53 minutes is awesome! I have one workout video, The Firm Cardio Sculpt which is 50 min and it's a killer. Can't do it too often. But then I have others that are 40 min, 30 min, 20 min, and even a 10 min one so I have a variety to choose from. But most of those i'm bored of. I am going to try that MTV The Grind sometime today. I hope it isn't too intense. I think it's about 40 min. And we don't think you are a negative person. We all have bad days and weeks, especially with staying OP, and that is what we are here for, to listen to encourage, etc. So vent away when you need to!

Well as much as I don't want to I need to get off here and start in on this house. I hope everyone is having a wonderful saturday and I will be back later to post!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 10:23 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Ughhhh....One of us had wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much fun last night, girls I feel like I've been hit by a truck and he backed up and hit me again, well you get the idea lol. I need to rest but I hope you all have a good day!! I'll get personal when the room stops spinning lol.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:18 AM   #19  
Birth Junkie!

thanks everyone for the welcome!

About the age difference between my last two...funny story. DH and i had thought about having one more (ok, I thought about it, but had trouble convincing HIM! LOL) anyway, a friend of ours had a baby, and DH thought she was so cute that he decided we should have another one after all! We had also talked about the fact that when i reached 30, we would either have another one, or someone was getting fixed! i really didn't want to have any more past 30 (of course, if it were to happen, i wouldn't be upset...but we're not planning any more! LOL) anyway, we decided to have another one, not even thinking of the age difference at the time. It has worked out well, the kids love her and they are so good with her...not easy since my 3 yr old is a little devil! LOL...she definately has a mind of her own and isn't afraid to express it! but she is a lot of fun and i can't imagine not having her in our lives (same with the other 3, of course.)

anyway, when i was pregnant with her, i first heard about doulas. a friend of mine talked me into taking a training with her and i'm so glad i did! I love my job!! Currently i have two ladies due to deliver at any time and i can't wait! there is nothing quite like watching new life being born; and to be allowed to participate and be a part of the process is so rewarding and special. i'm thinking that when my youngest is older, i may go to school and become a midwife, but right now that is just a thought. who knows?

anyway, i'm looking forward to getting to know you all better!
doulachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:24 AM   #20  

Post I did it!!!

Hi all again!!! I finally did it. I got on the treadmill 20 Minutes. I would have liked it to be more, but that's the best I could do with 3 kids running around. Although PJ is still sleeping. Abigail and her friend are here, so I was able to hop on. So glad I found you guys.

By the way, here is a pic of my two little ones

Melissa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kiddie tag.jpg (17.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-03-2004, 12:38 PM   #21  

Hello again!

Well I've been non-stop busy but I got everything done on my list. All that is left is to mop and I'll do that either at nap time or bed time tonight. But the house is back in order and I feel better about it. Now if my kids can just get along today things would be perfect! LOL... they are fighting like cats and dogs today for some reason. I had a left over beef and spinach pita for lunch and it hit the spot. Dinner will definitely be lemon chicken with rice tonight.

Melissa, congrats on getting that workout in!!! 20 min is great! And your kids are so cute! Now when do we get to see a pic of you?

Tricia, seeing all those babies born doesn't make you want to do it again? Do the women you see do all natural child birth? You have such a neat job! I'll probably be bugging you forever about it, lol, I'm just so interested in that kinda stuff. So I hope you don't mind! My dh and I will come that same descision about another one in 4more years. I have that IUD Mirena and it's good for 5 years so we said that when I need to get it replaced we'll sit down and talk about one more child and go from there, but if we decide not to then it's snip snip for him! LOL. I'll be 28 then. Ugh. That sounds so old! What kind of training did you have to go through to become a doula?

Michelle, hope you gets some extra rest today! Sounds like that comedy club was lots of fun. Can't wait to hear all about it?

Well now that I am finished cleaning I'm not sure what I want to do. I can crochet but I'm stressed from the kids battles today. Hmmm... wish I had a good novel to read. O-well. Maybe I'll play a game on the other computer. TTYL!
Old 07-03-2004, 12:41 PM   #22  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Leigh, you're probably here already or soon to be. It's going to rain today and tomorrow . Sorry for the crappy weather.
Luckily our town had their parade this morning and it was very nice out. Will was terribly afraid of the fire trucks and ambulances...I know it's because they're so loud. Dh started yelling at him so I told him to stay home next time...ticks me off sometimes.
Anyway, just popped in to say hi. Sorry to not address all, but I'll get ot you later. Going out to Olive Garden for MILs birthday tonight. I'll TRY not to eat too much!
I'm in on the exercise challenge. I usually do exercise everyday but not always...today being one of those days for example.
TTYL!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #23  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Thumbs up

Okay, I did my first 15(maybe more, didn't count) at 1:30am so that will be for yesterday, will do more today.

Here is my routine, it will grow as I become more fit. I did this last night and didn't get sore, so should I increase it now?

100 Crunches
arm work with 5 pound weights 5 different exercises for 1 minute each.
10 lunges per leg
25 squats
25 each of leg raises for inner and outer thighs and hamstrings

I will also walk or do something cardio when time/weather/ etc permit.

Today I will do my routine and then work on this house. I will have an oasis when I am done today! I also have to prepare some food for a cookout tomorrow evening. Not sure what that will be yet! My laundry will be caught up today or I will have to do an extra 500 crunches.

Leigh...have a great weekend.

Spryng...Christian has been taking meds for allergies to try to prevent or at least postpone the surgery, but he didn't get it last night, so I think we are just sleeping to late and getting to bed too late. Summer gets us off track a bit. So I will have to retrain us all, since school will start August 2, might as well start now!!!

Melissa...WTG on that exercise, you are free from my whip cracking today!!

Tricia...Does sound like a great job, if I wasn't too old, maybe I'd go back to school and do something like that. 37 is way too old to start a new career, I would think. Especially if it requires going to school first. I do love the whole pregnancy child birth experience(obviously )

Michelle...was is it they say about the hair of the dog that bit you

Oh well, must get to work. Back in a bit!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 12:56 PM   #24  
**Kristin**

mornin' gals!

Got a good rest last night until someone started fireworks off at 12:30, and woke up Sydney!Ughh! I got my 15 minutes in yeterday and today already! We took a family walk last night, and I ran this morning around the track up here at the high school. GO mE ! I fel so much better and focused when I start my day off that way! My dh Adam, and I talked about setting our alarms early and working out together before he goes to work, either I can run, and he stay home, or vice-versa...we'll see....

Penny - cute pic, I love seing cute kids

Di- I agree with you, we know you love your boys, its okay to love and just not like them for a little while!

Cindi - I love bargains! Its great that you found them, and the size thing is a TOTAL PLUS - well actually it wasn't! haha! Man, is christian like the energizer bunny? I would have collapsed by now! haha!

Spryng - YES please post the recipe! I would love to try that, got a picky bunch over here, but if I make it and put it on their plates they would eat it! Thanks for the WW info, it sounds like a great plan, I think I am going to give it a little more thought!

Jaymi - Congrats on the 2#'s down! DOn't worry about sounding so down, I felt that way the first day I posted, it helps to vent here!

Welcome Tricia! You;ll love it here so much!

Melissa - Dishes is getting something done! haha! thats all I did really too! Today however I HAVE to get my butt in geear! one of 5 kids would be so cool, I am 1 of 1 !!! lol! Only the lonely, thats me! It was okay, but sucked too.

Leigh - Have a great trip and enjoy your flexpoints! Thanks for the added info for WW! Enjoy your weekend!

Mel - cute kids alert too! Glad to here that you are liking it here! hey treadmilll time is awesome, I want ours back, its at my mom and dads since I dont' know where the **** we would put it here!

I would love to stay and chat, but we have massive houshold projects to tend to ! I 'll try to get on later! Have a great day!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 01:05 PM   #25  
Ready for ACTION!!!

WTG Spryng!!!

Why don't you use some of this free time to EXERCISE!!!!!!! Then you may crochet or play games

BTW...28 is NOT old!

going to really get busy now!
Old 07-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #26  

cindi, keep that whip cracking anway.

Spryng ..,..wtg on all that household stuff. Wish I was done. LOL. But as we all know, a mothers job is never done.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:14 PM   #27  

LOL cindi! I don't think 28 is old either, I just think of myself as old sometimes. I am not like other 24 yo's lol. So when I hit 28 I'll feel 40. But of course in reality it isn't old. I would like to exercise now but I want to try that new workout video without the kids grabbing my legs or running off with my dumb bells. lol. Tanner is the worst about taking them and hiding them from me. Your workout looks great! The only thing I would add is maybe some reverse crunches (to work those lower abs) and some plies, those work so great on the inner thighs. Better than leg lifts. Can you really do 100 crunches?? Wow! I can barely do 20. See how out of shape I am?

Kristin, I never did understand why people can't wait for the 4th to start shooting off those fireworks. All around us all day and all night from the past couple of days is constant bangs and booms. Annoying. And I promise to post that recipe sometime today for you. Hope you get all your massive household projects done!

Geri, glad you could pop in! I hope you have fun at Olive Garden. I love their ravioli de portibello, mmmmm.... they have a couple new dishes now I'd like to try also.

Well, still haven't moved from this computer from the last time I posted. Guess I really should get off here. I'm moving slower and slower today, getting sleepy. I hope nap time is soon because I need it! LOL... TTYL!
Old 07-03-2004, 01:23 PM   #28  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Oh I forgot!!! I DID do those things where you lay on your back with legs raised and feet "fluttering", DH said they are great for lower abs, but they sure are hard!!

I did 2 sets of 50 crunches in between the other exercises, not 100 at once!!But I hope to be able to do 100 or more soon.

Thanks for the tips, Spryng!!
Old 07-03-2004, 01:36 PM   #29  

Height: 5 foot

Hey everyone! I didnt mean to sound critical of the the thread!!! Sorry!!! I was just asking so I would know what was going on! I don't have much time, I wish I could chat with you all more! Today is weigh in and surpringly I'm down 3 lbs!! WooHOO! I'm glad, I feel better since I didnt lose anything last week due to being stupid. I am short on time of course and I can barely leave comments or tell anyone how my day is going..but I'll try to do a little bit! ! I exercised this morning, havent eaten, still got to go to the grocery store and get stuff for the week. (trying a new approach this time) Planned dinners.... hurray! Anyways I doubt we'll do anything today or tomorrow. Everyone is just laying around doing nothing.... and that irritates me like he*l!! I hate that!!! Do something!! Anyways, I might just leave everybody here! OH well, gotta go get a move on.... It already late, the day is halfway gone... and I've still got tons to do. I promise to try and comment and share support as soon as I can... I can't even catch up!

Jaymi

BTW Here are some Pictures of me and my kiddos!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 02:26 PM   #30  
Birth Junkie!

spryng: My youngest cured me of wanting any more kids! LOL!! seriously, when my other kids reached about 1 1/2 to 2 yrs of age, i would start wanting another one, but not this time. i really feel that my family is complete. it is nice to see those new little lives, especially when i get the honor of holding them, but i am to that point where it is nice to give them back to their moms and go home for a full night's sleep! LOL Anytime you want to ask me anything about what i do, i am always happy to talk. my favorite thing to talk about is labor and childbirth! (DH gets a little tired of hearing about it..heehee..) I took a three day training through DONA (Doulas Of North America)..they have an excellent website if you want to know more about them.

It is never too late to start a new career! I am 34 right now, so by the time i get to school, i may be in my forties! who knows, kind of depends. in just three years my oldest will be graduating high school, and my second oldest the year after that, and then two years later my oldest daughter. i figure my youngest will be around 10 yrs by then, so i may go to school full time then, or i may start to take classes in the next year or so...still thinking about it. I just know that after years of jobs that i hated, i have finally found something that i love and can do well. and i still have time for my kids...ok, admittedly, i sometimes keep some odd hours! (those babies don't care if it's three in the morning, they want out! LOL)

anyway, i could talk all day about childbirth! Beware! LOL

So far today i am on track as far as my eating goes. i have eaten healthy things and have not overindulged...just need to get in my water and some excersize....**sigh**
doulachic is offline   Reply With Quote