Old 06-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Question What are your favorite songs and artists?

Just wondering what's playing on your radio and which are some of your favorite CDs?

Here are some of mine... yes, I know my age is showing, lol.

The Rolling Stones - especially Jumping Jack Flash
CCR - esp. Fortunate Son
Chris Isaak - Wicked Games
Bellamy Brothers - Let Your Love Flow
Brooks & Dunn - My Maria
Classical misc. - Pachelbel's Canon in D
Toby Keith - I Wanna Talk About Me
Rooney thanks to Katie - Sh Sh Shakin'
The Eagles - Tequila Sunrise
Martina McBride - the entire Christmas CD
Trisha Yearwood - How Can I Live Without You
Sesame Street Silly Songs (when I'm with the grandkids, lol) - Do Your Ears Hang Low

But my all-time favorite song is When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge. This is Neal's and my song, and we will slow dance to this no matter what we're doing when we hear it.

What are some of yours?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:34 PM   #2  
self portrait

My favorite artist of all time is STEVE PERRY from Journey. I love him, totally!!!! Favortie female rock group is Heart. I saw them in concert again last year and OH MY GOD.....they had not lost anything. They even sounded better than ever and They played my favorite song of theirs,"Magic Man" for the first encore. I also like the Moody Blues, Love Rod Stewart, and Love Aerosmith. I am pretty broad in what I like. I am not picky, except Steve Perry is still my all time favorite. :-) Right now I am stuck on Josh Groban's CD. That man has a voice that is like butter. Anywho, I am just and eclectic wierdo when it comes to music, the only kind I don't care for is rap, unless it is Eminem or Kid Rock.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 04:48 PM   #3  
RosieKate

Fave song ever - Angel From Montgomery, Bonnie Raitt ( a John Prine cover)
Bonnie Raitt's Best of...CD as well as Nick of time and Luck of the Draw
Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road
Reaching way back here..... Talking Heads, Speaking in Tongues and Lone Justice were big favorites in the '80s. I liked alot of new wave stuff back then, too
'90s - Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam - did the grunge thing. Discovered - or re-discovered Patti Smith, PJ Harvey, b-52s
I like Kid Rock, too, Shanna. He's has a good mix of rap with southern rock. I really like "You're an original" duet with Sheryl Crow. I also like Aerosmith. I went thru a period where I just could not stand their public image, but I just wouldn't watch the videos. Their music is great for cleaning the house!

Right now, with kids in the house, we are listening to alot of Seussical the Musical, B-52s "Cosmic thing" (DS LOVES this CD!), and the Limelighter's. Oh, and the New Christy Minstrels. DH went out and bought music he liked as a kid and now our kids just love this stuff. He'd better pray I don't do the same thing, I'd get 'em hooked on John Denver and Gordon Lightfoot!
Old 06-13-2004, 05:28 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Ok...thought this one over. I love a lot of music!!

Back in the 80's I liked listening to Duran Duran.....Hmmmm.....do I still like them?? Also liked Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode, Kiss, Judas Priest and all those "metal" bands they had out. A variety I know!

The 90's....I can't even remember what I liked...I didn't listen too much I don't think....

Now, I like listening to music and actually "listening" to the voices and how they sound. Clay Aiken is good, Josh Grobin is good even though I don't own either CD. Even that girl Charlotte Church has a great voice. I have the Moulin Rouge Soundtrack and love to listen to Ewan McGregor sing! "Come what may" is my favorite song. Who knew that Obie One Kanobi could sing!?

Then I absolutely love classical music. My favorites are:

Pachelbels Cannon (love listening to James play it on the keyboard)
Turkish March (Mozart)
Waltz (Chopin)

But my all time favorite is "Music Box dancer"!! James one year went out searching for a music box that played that for Christmas...Couldn't find the music box so I got a snow globe with an Angel that plays it.

I could go on and on here!!! Great topics Jana!! Come up with some more!!

Last edited by M.N.J.; 06-15-2004 at 01:58 PM.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Marti,

Neal and the kids know I want Music Box Dancer playing from my funeral tent... nothing sad and gloomy for me, thank you! I downloaded it to a CD and enjoy it often, but forgot to mention it in my list!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Had to get in on this one also, and I do have quite a list. I enjoy ALL kinds of music, as you can tell from my list.

Okay, this is what I am listening too now:

Melissa Etheridge-Lucky CD
Alicia Keys-the new CD but my favorite from it is If I Ain't Got You
Michael McDonald-Motown CD

Here are my favs:

Tupac Shakur-Thugs Mansion
Mariah Carey & Boys to Men-One Sweet Day
Martina McBride-Greatest Hits CD-but love the song Blessed
Celine Dion-A New Day Has Come CD (but really love all her music and have most of her CD's)
Anything by Nickelback
Garth Brooks-The Dance
Anything by Luther Vandross-also have most of his CD's-the man can sing
Puddle of Mud-Blurry
Elton John-Daniel (I like everything from him, but this one is my fav)
Johnny Lang-Lie To Me CD
Train
Kenny G
Christina Aguilera-Stripped CD
Pachel-Canon in D
Bill Withers-Greatest Hits CD
Benny Mardones-Into The Night
Amazing Grace

And of course these two which just happen to be me and DH songs. the first one was from when we met and were dating, and the second one was from our wedding-beautiful songs.

Terri Clark-Now That I Found You
John Tesh & James Ingram-Give Me Forever (I Do)

And I could go on and on. I do enjoy my music and have quite a collection of CD's.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:43 AM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

I just remembered a song that I used to listen to ALL THE TIME when I was still with my ex and it was close to the time I left......

"Take me with U" by Prince

I had James listen to it later and told him I thought about him everytime I listen to that song!! Then later, I bought him the CD for his birthday....

How could I have forgotten that one?
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 07:36 PM   #8  

I was so into all of the metal "hair bands" of the 80's. My fav is always Guns N' Roses though. I was watching "the 100 most metal moments" on VH1, boy did it bring back memories. I was such a groupie. Hanging out to meet the bands, etc. AAAAAHHHH, the good ole days. Later this summer I'm going to see Kiss/Poison and Metallica/Godsmack. Can't wait! Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:58 AM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I love music and just the thought of saying I only like one type of music panics me,,,

I love Etta James, Mavericks, Blu Cantrell, Guns & Roses, Cher, John Mayer, Rob Thomas (matchbox20 before they broke up) Tery Clark, Toby Keith, Nickelback, Default, Shakira, Alicia Keys, John Mathis, Johnny Horton,Elvis, Beach Boys, Beatles, Mozart, I really learned to enjoy the classics when Tanner was in choir.
OMG the 80's music rocked... Til Tuesday, Boy George, Ah Ha, Pet Shop Boys, Cindy Lauper, and I wore out the tape of Summer of "69 by Bryan Adams...over and over...

We are a music family, with Tanner taking competive choir, and playing in band, piano lessons,,,Brandon and his guitar and his love of the older rocks bands,,,his a Zep head, AC&DC and some band named Velvet Revolver...whatever.
Monte was a DJ in the 80's ,,,we still have boxes of tapes. Billy Idol,,,remember White Wedding...loved that song too...ahh memory lane.
Brandon was trying to get me to let him go to Portland for Ozfest....ya right...2 16 yr old boys off on their own in Portland? Not!
Well I think Ive added my 2 cents to this thread...lol
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 02:13 AM   #10  
a work in progress

Default put another nickel in....

Oh no, I'm not a huge oldies fan, but like quite a few if I'm in the mood, and it's the best radio station for our clock radio in the morning -- biggest variety. Tim refuses to listen to the local alternative station because they overplay certain songs to death. He used to like Matchbox 20 but now can't stand them. I don't care -- I still like them!

OK, for my faves...hard to pick!
Led Zeppelin
Beatles
Barenaked Ladies
Jethro Tull
Kansas
Styx
Aretha Franklin
NIN
Everclear
Mozart
Bach
Gershwin (particularly Rhapsody in Blue)
Alanis Morrissette's Jagged Little Pill album
Rush
Simon and Garfunkel
Crystal Method

We have tix for Rush July 12th and I can't wait -- saw them in concert last year and they were awesome
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote